Register

Edgy/Raffy's Catus Thread (Not 6.0 Ready Yet)

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Honored

Re: Edgy/Raffy's Official Catus Thread

Postby AsgardFM » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:07 pm

raffy wrote:
AsgardFM wrote:
raffy wrote:It apparently isn't able to find java.exe in your search path:
http://www.java.com/en/download/help/path.xml

Without making the above change, you can address "java" directly by entering it's full path:
"C:\path\to\java -jar Catus.jar"

Ahh, thanks.

That's got the command prompt working but trying to launch Catus.jar through the shortcut still brings up the previous problem. It's not a major issue now that I can access the reforge tool but if you've got a bit of spare time to look into it, that would be great.
I can fix the original issue if I see the full error message. I can't reproduce the problem myself.

All I can get for an error is what was shown in the previous post:

If that's not enough to go on then I'll just stick to opening through the prompt.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:59 pm

I apologize there isn't any good documentation for most of this. The best I have right now is the tooltips available on hover inside Zephyrus/Catus and assorted tidbits in this thread.

"Hit Near H, Exp Near, Range X" is translated as: Hit = [H - X, H + X], Exp = [E - X, H + X]
So, H = 2550, E = 2550, R = 50 => H = [2500, 2600], E = [2500, 2600]
The H and E thresholds are automatically inflated if your lowest possible Hit/Exp is higher than those numbers.

There is no concept of Hit/Exp cap, only the constraints listed. I have not enforced the need to be Hit/Exp capped, if you want to be Hit/Exp capped, use "At Least 2550." If you want be a little sloppy, use "At Least 2535" or similar.

For reference:
At Most => [Y - X, Y] (search to the left)
Near = [Y - X, Y + X] (search both left and right)
At Least => [Y, Y + X] (search to the right)

(Hit/Exp At Least 2500, Range 100) can find the same solutions as (Hit/Exp Near 2550, Range 50) as they have the same actual search range [2500, 2600]. But if too many solutions are found, the first will find solutions closer to 2500, and the second will find solutions closer to 2550.

Once Hit/Exp solutions are found, Hit/Exp has no value, and only the proc is maximized. This is why, it favors solutions that are under the Hit/Exp target (but still land inside the computed range), because less Hit/Exp means more Haste/Mastery/Crit.

The score is something like M+2*(H+C+Agi), I believe I made a post about it earlier in the thread.

Personally, I would only use "At Least 2550", but since the WW rotation doesn't depend heavily on snapshot DoT applications (like Feral), I don't think there is any reason to need to be exactly at 2550 (since it's not like ToT bosses stay facing one-direction anyway).

The goal was Zephyrus/Catus was: "Pick your Hit/Exp" and then "Reforge: here is the best possible answer."

Additionally for reference:
If you put range at 0, you will find a perfect Hit/Exp solution (if it exists)
If you put range at 0 and overflow at 0, you will find a perfect X+1:X:X solution (if it exists)

Exalted

Postby raffy » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:00 pm

AsgardFM wrote:If that's not enough to go on then I'll just stick to opening through the prompt.
Yeah, I figured there was more error messages above, but I'll look into it.

Postby Rorianna » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:39 pm

raffy wrote:The score is something like M+2*(H+C+Agi), I believe I made a post about it earlier in the thread

Ah that explains it then - I guess I'll use tight ranges then. Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Edit: I just used a range of 0 and it gave me a perfect reforge. I think maybe you should consider changing the scoring system so expertise/hit is worth double the other stats, but I'll just use really really tight ranges from now on ^^
Edit: Nvm that would just make it always push your stats above cap, so I'll just not be stupid in the future and use the tool properly :lol:

Postby Rorianna » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:44 pm

PS. your "minimize cost" doesn't seem to work very well:
It's making me reforge 7 items and change 3 gems when I could just swap a deft gem for a deadly gem to fix my setup :P

Exalted

Postby raffy » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:18 am

Can you post the armory or CompactGear code (from Edit Profile button) and settings used so I can reproduce this? I haven't seen anything like this before and I've tested a huge variety of configurations. Minimize Cost does have a few corner cases, but this doesn't look like one of them.

Postby Rorianna » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:27 am

raffy wrote:Can you post the armory or CompactGear code (from Edit Profile button) and settings used so I can reproduce this? I haven't seen anything like this before and I've tested a huge variety of configurations. Minimize Cost does have a few corner cases, but this doesn't look like one of them.

I added my armory to sig, here is the profile:
95267 >hm :95346 :76631 # Head: [522] Fire-Charm Headpiece
94794 >hc :76700 # Neck: [522] Quadra-Head Brooch
95269 >ht :76666 :76631 "Greater Tiger Claw Inscription" # Shoulder: [522] Fire-Charm Spaulders
98148 +8 :76666 Accuracy # Back: [608] Tigerfang Wrap
96176 +8 >ct :76700 :76700 "Glorious Stats" # Chest: [536] Fusion Slasher Chestguard
96465 +8 >em :76604 :76634 :76634 Socket # Waist: [543] Featherflight Belt
95133 "Greater Agility" # Wrist: [522] Willow-Weave Armbands
95266 >et :76666 "Synapse Springs" "Greater Haste" # Hands: [522] Fire-Charm Grips
96642 +8 >mc :76699 :76642 "Shadowleather Leg Armor" # Legs: [543] Fire-Charm Leggings
98174 /357 "Blurred Speed" # Feet: [516] Tidesplitter Boots
95137 >me # Finger 1: [522] Seal of the Shado-Pan Assault
96141 +8 >th :76631 # Finger 2: [536] Gore-Soaked Gear
94532 +8 # Trinket 1: [530] Rune of Re-Origination
96741 +8 >ec # Trinket 2: [549] Renataki's Soul Charm
96605 +8 >ec :76700 :76700 Socket "Dancing Steel" # Main Hand: [543] Zeeg's Ancient Kegsmasher
94759 +8 :76642 :76699 Socket "Dancing Steel" # Off Hand: [530] Kura-Kura, Kazra'jin's Skullcleaver

Exalted

Postby raffy » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:04 pm

Thanks for this example. This is not one of corner cases, so it might be possible to fix, now that I have a good example of it failing.

"Minimize Cost" considers far more minimizations than 1-2 trivial gem swaps: it assumes reforging doesn't cost anything (since it's just gold vs Enchant/Gem requiring an actual consumable) and searches in a really tight radius (range = 0, overflow = 0) with find duplicates turned-on hoping that this space isn't too large.

Currently, "Minimize Cost" is unable to find your existing reforge as a valid solution (for an unknown reason) which means there's no way it can find the one gem solution (because it requires that exact reforge.) I'm not exactly sure why it can't find the reforge, possibly I have a bug. There is a pretty significant piece of tech that allows the reforging process to be possible (I think I described it earlier in this thread as "reforge compacting") and the trade-off is that it makes the code very difficult to debug because there isn't a 1-1 relationship between what the reforger is working with and actually items/gems/enchants (due to them being "compacted".)

Once I can get the Hit/Exp phase to consider your existing reforge as a valid partial solution, the problem will be fixed. For example, if you freeze Shoulder/Back, it finds the one gem solution. Internally, if I lock reforges-only, it also finds the one gem solution (there are actually multiple one-gem solutions using different gems.)

Also, I found the bug that was preventing the Agility/Stamina delta from showing up.

Postby Rorianna » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:16 am

raffy wrote:"Thanks for this example. This is not one of corner cases, so it might be possible to fix, now that I have a good example of it failing...
For example, if you freeze Shoulder/Back, it finds the one gem solution.

Happy to help and good to know. The reforge I have is one that was suggested earlier by the tool along with 8 gems i believe, but I couldn't get any crit+agi gems so i replaced them with agi+mastery and pure crits and found I only needed 5 or 6 gems instead, which led me to the setup I pasted earlier. I can imagine that the reforge system is fairly complex so I'm not gonna try to pretend I understand it, but from where I'm sitting it seems like it's a problem with it prioritizing or calculating reforge first somehow.

raffy wrote:Also, I found the bug that was preventing the Agility/Stamina delta from showing up.

That's nice, I'll continue to use the tool and try to provide feedback :)

Exalted

Postby raffy » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:49 pm

The above issue is fixed for next release.

- Minimize Cost is now smarter
- Opened Zephyrus to Rogues
- Proc Stat can now be selected (Mastery/Haste/Crit)
- Fixed Agility/Stamina delta
- Fixed Collapsed Fields bug
- Access to latest PTR gear (using negative item ids)

Zephyrus 15 Beta: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... stBeta.zip

Screenshot: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... yrus15.png

I don't know what gems should be considered for Brews or Rogues, so I'm just using whatever WW was using currently. Possibly, I can make the gems a text-based config.
Code: Select all
bestColor = GemT.YELLOW;
// purple is ambiguous               
statWeights = new double[StatT.NUM];                   
statWeights[StatT.AGI.index]       = 2;
statWeights[StatT.MASTERY.index]   = 1;
statWeights[StatT.CRIT.index]      = 1;
statWeights[StatT.HASTE.index]     = 1;
colorMap.put(GemT.RED,     GemT.ORANGE);
colorMap.put(GemT.ORANGE,  GemT.ORANGE);
colorMap.put(GemT.GREEN,   GemT.GREEN);
colorMap.put(GemT.BLUE,    GemT.GREEN);
colorMap.put(GemT.YELLOW,  GemT.YELLOW);
colorMap.put(GemT.WHITE,   GemT.YELLOW);
gemIds.addAll(76697, 76699, 76700); // yellow: secondary               
if (ww_orange_useAgi) {
   gemIds.addAll(76670, 76666, 76658); // orange: agi+secondary
}
if (ww_orange_useExp) {
   gemIds.addAll(76667, 76659, 76671); // orange: exp+secondary
}
if (ww_green_useHit) {
   gemIds.addAll(76642, 76643, 76641); // green: hit+secondary
}
if (ww_green_useSta) {
   gemIds.addAll(76652, 76654, 76656); // green: sta+secondary
}

Exalted

Postby raffy » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:18 am

In addition to the dynamic PTR gear list:
http://raffy.antistupid.com/wow/ptr_gear.php

I am now maintaining a MoP Feral gear list here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... a/Gear.txt
(this is also the gear loaded into Catus by default)

Edit:

Full BiS/Upgraded (549):
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... _Table.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... _Histo.png

Postby Kakurenbo » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:04 pm

So my Catus has randomly stopped working at the worst possible time.
I have 3 hrs till raid and it isn't recognizing VIA java : /

Exalted

Postby raffy » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:08 pm

Give me an error, a screenshot, or something.

Postby Nelrain » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:10 am

Hello there, I'd just like to say that I'm absolutely in love with Cactus and it has been a giant help to me.

I recently got the 522 Renaktai's and 522 bad Juju, while already having the 502 Rune.
My problem is that I can't figure out how to reforge for the classic Mastery>all in cactus to see which combination of trinkets would work the best for my gear.
I have no problems reforging for the 1:1:1 and have been for some time.
Am I just missing something obvious?

Exalted

Postby raffy » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:43 am

Nelrain wrote:Hello there, I'd just like to say that I'm absolutely in love with Cactus and it has been a giant help to me.

I recently got the 522 Renaktai's and 522 bad Juju, while already having the 502 Rune.
My problem is that I can't figure out how to reforge for the classic Mastery>all in cactus to see which combination of trinkets would work the best for my gear.
I have no problems reforging for the 1:1:1 and have been for some time.
Am I just missing something obvious?

Currently, it's not exactly convenient, but it works:
1. in the Reforging pane, click "Constraints and Weights"
2. use these settings: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... eforge.png
3. click Reforge
If you uncheck prevent, it will be slower, but will probably find a slightly better solution. FYI: it doesn't do gems or enchants so change those first.

Next Catus will include a much nicer/faster 1-click Mastery reforger.

Postby Kakurenbo » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:30 pm

Resolved Raffy.
I'm not sure what caused it as the day before it was working perfectly fine but, It completely Detached itself from java and refuse to re-sync with it.
Completely removed Java and Catus from my system and redid both, that fixed it.
Just strange that it did such a thing :x.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:01 pm

I haven't had many reports about the Zephyrus beta so I'll be pushing that update this weekend. I made posts in Rogue forums on EJ and MMO so hopefully the Brewmaster/Rogue functionality is useful for someone.

I've got all the new trinkets implemented in Catus. Possibly, I'll do an update this weekend, with the latest changes, various bug fixes, and the 1:1:1-style "Maximize Mastery" reforger.

Postby Kakurenbo » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:56 am

Raffy, my friends monk is going through using Zeph and it's telling him to make everything so it procs crit instead of mastery.. any clue?

Exalted

Postby raffy » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:29 am

raffy wrote:Give me an error, a screenshot, or something.

What's his armory?

Exalted

Postby raffy » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:48 am

I've added a bunch of new features to my JSON API:
http://raffy.antistupid.com/wow/items.php

Stat Allocation Data, ArmorMod, BudgetMod:
http://raffy.antistupid.com/wow/items.php?id=96590
For custom item scaling, see: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4574&start=250#p17154

Random Suffix Support:
http://raffy.antistupid.com/wow/items.php?id=96912

I've added ./scale.php, which can generate Blizzard-like JSON for scaled items:
http://raffy.antistupid.com/wow/scale.p ... suffix=339

Version information to check against 'raffy_vers' key:
http://raffy.antistupid.com/wow/version.php

Exalted

Postby raffy » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:19 pm

Updated Zephyrus to v15 (and removed beta)
Improvements can be found here:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4574&start=350#p17631
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... ngeLog.txt

I made a big screenshot of Catus, which I thought was kinda cool:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... 15-All.png

I'll probably have a Catus beta up later tonight, complete with the computable Rake/Rip tables, latest PTR gear/bonuses/trinkets (with sim support), mastery reforger, and various bug fixes (I believe the current Catus has some silly bug where it forgets to load your race/class-based default stats.)

Postby Hinalover » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:25 pm

raffy wrote:I don't know what gems should be considered for Brews or Rogues, so I'm just using whatever WW was using currently. Possibly, I can make the gems a text-based config.

Depends really for Brewmasters. In low gearing situations, Haste > Crit > Mastery. GENERALLY....once they have the 2-piece T15 Then Crit > Mastery > Haste. Progression = Crit >= Mastery > Haste.

Sub Rogues sound like they are the most likely candidate to go after the trinket, just haven't looked into what they were be going for (Mastery I would suspect but the BiS SimC profile doesn't use the trinket and stacks haste).

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:37 pm

Hinalover wrote:Sub Rogues sound like they are the most likely candidate to go after the trinket, just haven't looked into what they were be going for (Mastery I would suspect but the BiS SimC profile doesn't use the trinket and stacks haste).

It did at one point and was going for mastery.

Postby Monsh » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:21 am

Hello there, just got the RoR trinket from LFR last night and tried to use this program. It works pretty well except that i can't find the right version of my Kor'kron helmet. I have Malcontent's Cowl of the Savant which isn't even an option in the gear section of the program. Do you guys have any solution to this?

Thanks -Monsh

Armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... h/advanced

Exalted

Postby raffy » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:21 pm

I can fix this remotely but I don't want to clear everyones cache before I release next Catus update, so to fix this, you need to delete a file: in the Catus directory, there should be "Cache" directory, and inside that "dl.dropboxusercontent.com", and inside that "Suffix.txt". Delete "Suffix.txt" and relaunch Catus.

Also, it looks like it imports your dude without giving the proper audit warning that you're missing a Belt Buckle and Eye of Black Prince (and no way to add it from the interface.) This is fixed in next Catus, but you'd have to check "[x] Leave Empty" to prevent Catus from putting gems in those slots if you haven't finished the Black Prince quest chain or don't want to get a Belt Buckle.

To make those sockets active, you need to import your character, quit, and relaunch Catus. When it restores from last saved result, it properly adjusts your paperdoll. Additionally, it forgets to add your base stats to your "Cat Stats", which is also fixed by reloading, but broken again after an import.

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS