Register

Lei Shen

Site Admin

Lei Shen

Postby Alaron » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:57 pm

This topic is for discussing Feral DPS tactics, monk tactics and/or general raid strategies for the Lei Shen encounter.

Please feel free to post tips, tricks, videos or ask questions. I will do my best to keep the top post updated with information as it arrives.

When discussing, please mention raid size (10/25) and difficulty (normal/heroic).

Re: Lei Shen

Postby schams » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:40 pm

Run speed instead of wild charge. You can get dispersion to take the electro shok alone. Save the 2 DoC stacks in p2 for the lightnig bolt's .
Maybe 30yard stampede glyph for raid.

Revered

Postby Dysheki » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:32 pm

Just as a heads up you don't need the T1 run speed talent to outrun Helm of Command. Dash is sufficient. (meant to post this here a while back, forgot)

Honored

Postby bearpelt » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:37 pm

Displacer Beast is a nice bonus to get through Helm of Command too.

(also useful for blinking past Crashing Thunder as you transit from one Conduit to the next).

Revered

Postby Steakbomb » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:25 pm

Things that I have noticed on Heroic Lei-Shen 10.

Bait the Crashing Thunder to go under Lei Shen so all you have to do is back up a bit to stay behind him.

Thunderstruck's CD is a bit less than Barkskin so save BS for when you are a bit closer than normal.

If you are using Run Speed for T1 talent then use Skull Bash to get in range of Lei Shen when switching Conduits

Using Run Speed for T1 should keep you in melee range in P3 during Winds.

Blow all CD's at fight start and they will be back up for P2 start and if used then, they will be up for P3 start and you should be able to keep your Rip up the rest of the fight.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:39 pm

Much as I hate to say it, Displacer Beast is by far the best talent I can see to take in T1 for this fight. Big trick everyone forgets is the Speed boost after the blink which is crucial for making this talent so good for this fight.
You can use it for:
- Saving your butt for Helm
- Moving between platforms
- Moving against the winds
- Getting to those hard to reach bouncing balls

If you take run speed like I do for most fights, you will not keep up with him during the platform switches, and Skull Bash's range can have issues if used to late, or to early. Runspeed will also not keep you safe during helm unless you are very far forward.

Having dispersion is amazing for being available to be on an immunity platform (mostly a 25 man thing), and also will let you solo the static shock in P3 so you don't lose anyone.

Revered

Postby Steakbomb » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:44 pm

Tinderhoof wrote:Much as I hate to say it, Displacer Beast is by far the best talent I can see to take in T1 for this fight. Big trick everyone forgets is the Speed boost after the blink which is crucial for making this talent so good for this fight.
You can use it for:
- Saving your butt for Helm
- Moving between platforms
- Moving against the winds
- Getting to those hard to reach bouncing balls

If you take run speed like I do for most fights, you will not keep up with him during the platform switches, and Skull Bash's range can have issues if used to late, or to early. Runspeed will also not keep you safe during helm unless you are very far forward.

Having dispersion is amazing for being available to be on an immunity platform (mostly a 25 man thing), and also will let you solo the static shock in P3 so you don't lose anyone.

In 10 man I take Dispersion from our priest as well. He is shadow so it gives him a tranq. I am usually on the platform with our brewmaster who can't be targeted by most abilities so if I get a 2nd static shock and I don't have dispersion then he jumps in it and gives me a CD to survive. If I am not on his side then I am usually with a healer.

IDK if I would take DB. It's good for Helm but you can also use Wild Charge to help with that. During early attempts I used a WC macro that would unshift, target my tank, and then charge to him. If you use the Run Speed talent then Dash is more than sufficient to keep you out of harms way if you get Helm. Also, you have Roar and if you have any LW in your group then they can use Drums of Speed which is 15% move speed. They are cheap to make and have 50 charges. I save them for when the other person on my platform gets helm.

Revered

Postby Stenhaldi » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:52 pm

Displacer Beast has been my default talent on almost every boss this tier. Surprised so few people use it.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:03 pm

Damage in 25 man would making using a WC macro a dangerous. With the damage from helm plus landing on someone with bouncing ball/or lighting add will be likely to kill you. Also you have the chance of being out of range. I found that using WC when changing platforms doesn't work very well because he would either get to far away and I would have to leg it slow style, or after the charge he would still pull away from me for a few seconds. With the DB run speed boost you stay with him 100% of the time.

As for helm you still have Dash no matter what talent you select, so they don't really factor in. Wasting a StR for just yourself on helm is sub optimal when you could get your whole platform back to Lei Shen quicker, or use it to get everyone to their platforms just before the transition.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:05 pm

Stenhaldi wrote:Displacer Beast has been my default talent on almost every boss this tier. Surprised so few people use it.

After they changed it to the run speed boost I can see a lot more applications for it. However running around slower really threw me off (still does) so it took some time for me to use it more often than just on Lei Shen.

Revered

Postby Steakbomb » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:19 pm

Stenhaldi wrote:Displacer Beast has been my default talent on almost every boss this tier. Surprised so few people use it.

I use Displacer Beast on Horridon(to get away from the pink dino), Maegera(to get to stack points), Qon(to get out of Windstorm), and Dark Animus(to get back to the boss after a swap as I am on orb duty the whole fight).

I will try DB tonight as we are still working on H Lei-Shen and see how it works out vs run speed.

Also my comment for a Wild Charge macro was mainly meant for 10 man. I haven't raided past Heroic Horridon attempts in 25 man.

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:03 am

I can't live without feral charge, full stop. It's one of the most fun parts of being a feral, and I am still mad at Blizzard for making it a talent instead of a baseline ability. I'll never choose any other talent in that tier.
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Honored

Postby cg1351 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:19 pm

Sibylle wrote:I can't live without feral charge, full stop. It's one of the most fun parts of being a feral, and I am still mad at Blizzard for making it a talent instead of a baseline ability. I'll never choose any other talent in that tier.

I'm pretty much the same i think feral charge is the best talent we got but that being said displacer beast on lei shen hc is just way too good it times up perfectly with what you need it for reducing downtime massively and 100% safety if you get helm.

Return to Boss Archives