Register

Mangle vs. Shred

Face-rippin fun.
Honored

Re: Mangle vs. Shred

Postby cg1351 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:07 pm

what's your ilvl? So you're saying shred is a dps increase and mangle is just easier to pull off? The tables mean nothing to me :D

Revered

Postby Steakbomb » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:49 pm

I think you are missing the point. ilvl has nothing to do with any of these equations at all. Technically Shred is a VERY slight DPS increase but it makes the rotation harder. Using Mangle makes the rotation easier so you can focus on other things than your rotation.

Saying these tables mean nothing to you is very odd as you have been asking for math to be shown over and over.

Multiple people have provided math to you.

Postby Ayleena » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:28 pm

I find myself using mangle more and more in fights, especially if the boss is kinda turny. But mostly because in the back of my mind I know it's not really a dps loss to use mangle anymore. The CP generation is noticable. With t15 2 pc I can sometimes get 2 FB's out between Rips, which is really fun.

Honored

Postby cg1351 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:23 pm

Steakbomb wrote:I think you are missing the point. ilvl has nothing to do with any of these equations at all. Technically Shred is a VERY slight DPS increase but it makes the rotation harder. Using Mangle makes the rotation easier so you can focus on other things than your rotation.

Saying these tables mean nothing to you is very odd as you have been asking for math to be shown over and over.

Multiple people have provided math to you.

I didn't understand them and you guys have been stating the whole time that at certain ilvl mangle becomes a dps increase over shred... Now you're going completely against what you've been saying and saying something i think i already knew :) Can't manage rotation properly so using mangle because it's easier. Cheers lads got everything i needed to know.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:47 pm

Realizing to late this is a troll. Sorry for letting it get this far. Going to lock this thread. If anyone has legit questions about this they can post up a new thread.

Previous

Return to Kitty DPS