Register

Druid t16 set bonuses and 5.4 PTR changes

Face-rippin fun.
Exalted

Re: Druid t16 set bonuses and 5.4 PTR changes

Postby Tinderhoof » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:02 pm

Looks like they took Edgy's suggestion (slightly modified) and made a much improved 4p set bonus from the previous attempt:
Item - Druid T16 Feral 4P Bonus: Tiger's Fury generates: After using Tiger's Fury, your next finishing move will restore 5 combo points on your current target after being used.

Revered

Postby Dysheki » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:20 pm

Thank goodness.

2T16 is still meh but I can live with it.

To be honest though they buffed Keg Smash too so I think it might be a troll iteration. lol

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:36 pm

If the Readiness buff remains unchanged (TF reduced by 39%) this 4p will work amazing with it. It will decouple TF from Berserk for the most part, but with the energy capping as it is, it may not be a bad thing.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:47 pm

I'm pretty sure the CDR trinket will include Berserk.

Using my own gear, and swapping 543 Juju with the 5.4 CDR trinket (assuming same RPPM as Juju for the Agility proc), with TF and Berserk benefiting from the 39% CDR, it's like a ~4% (9K) DPS upgrade over Juju. Easily making it our best trinket when paired with the Rune.

As mentioned above, with T16 4p, it gets even better.

Honored

Postby RareBeast » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:20 pm

So basically, each tiger's fury gives you the equivalent of a 5pt Ferocious Bite of extra damage? Other than openers and assuming your usual rotation is going nicely.

I would imagine this changes openers significantly too.

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:47 pm

RareBeast wrote:So basically, each tiger's fury gives you the equivalent of a 5pt Ferocious Bite of extra damage? Other than openers and assuming your usual rotation is going nicely.

I would imagine this changes openers significantly too.

And it will give you a DoC proc more often than NS would have. More so with the trinket. The problem is sucking up the shitty dps till everyone of us acquires 4sets and the issue of what will happen when we outlevel the this tier.

Honored

Postby RareBeast » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:18 am

Ahh well. At least flexi-raid will give us a 3rd shot each week at getting each piece (or more with coins).

Honored

Postby Cetlysm » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:50 pm

If for some reason the int Amplification trinket stays unchanged and procs from melee attacks, could it be a good trinket for feral?
Rune + Amplification I'm reaching over 70k rating mastery, plus 84% more dmg and a lot of energy/rppm procs.

Honored

Postby baver » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:15 pm

did test the trinket on ptr today and got 550% mastery with dubbel trinket without masterybuff, those 550k bleeds was not to mess with!

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:15 pm

Item - Druid T16 Feral 2P Bonus Omen of Clarity now also increases damage of Swipe.

Pretty sick buff to it, too bad we're still hanging on to RoR or it would be even better! I feel pretty confident in saying that this bonus is pretty decent now, maybe except for in the "interesting" category.

Honored

Postby baver » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:50 pm

realy like that they add some aoe to our setbonueses, but i still feel this will only add crazy amount of randomness when we aoe. So if this stays in and our roro procc + 2set, i guess we will just use swipe if we are getting close to energy cap and not trash?

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:53 pm

Remember having the a bleed on a target buffs Swipe by 20%. If there are targets that aren't bleeding when OOC procs you will want to Thrash first then Swipe.

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:56 pm

Tinderhoof wrote:Remember having the a bleed on a target buffs Swipe by 20%. If there are targets that aren't bleeding when OOC procs you will want to Thrash first then Swipe.

Considering how huge roro thrashes are giving 50% extra damage to swipe will most likely come close to break-even. Since they cost the same you might as well stick with RoRo unless you want to rely on yet another lag-intolerant short ability buff.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:32 am

What do you mean for t16 in 5.3? Doesn't that contradict itself?

In the tests raffy and I have done so far DoC is ahead by 3% in 5.4 (T16N).

Revered

Postby Stenhaldi » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:45 am

Notes on trinkets:
  • The cleave and multistrike trinket proc rates were raised to 4.35% and 19.6% respectively (at 553).
  • The stacking agi trinket (Ticking Ebon Detonator) now decrements a stack per second and no longer decrements on attacks.
  • I don't know if this is new, but the Ticking Ebon Detonator procs off most spellcasts, including heals, savage roar, and cat form (but not mark of the wild).

Notes on set bonuses:
  • The 4-piece bonus now regenerates 3 combo points (instead of 5) after rip, ferocious bite, and unglyphed savage roar.
  • Glyphed savage roar with the set bonus also generates 3 combo points, but consumes no combo points (obviously a bug).
  • If the finisher misses, the buff is still consumed.
  • For rip and ferocious bite, these combo points are now generated on the target of the finisher, rather than your current target (so no using macros to transfer combo points). Savage roar can still generate combo points on a new target.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:39 pm

Stenhaldi wrote:If the finisher misses, the buff is still consumed.

Thanks for this, didn't even think to test this.

New PTR change:
Lore wrote:To that end, we’re going to make another change to how RPPM mechanics work on the pull. Starting a raid encounter will set every RPPM proc’s “time since last proc” to 90 seconds. That means the more frequent procs will still be more or less guaranteed to go off, but the rarer (and more powerful) procs will just have a high chance. This should hopefully chill things out a little bit, without changing how you play too dramatically.

Has very little effect on us in general. It's a very small nerf to Renataki's and Juju but otherwise if you're not using those doesn't really matter. BiS trinkets next tier as it stands are Rune (which means that the rune might proc at some point during your Berserk, at the latest, instead of on your first hit. Hardly a bad thing) and Assurance of Consequence which is ICD based and is not affected.

It might make Juju a little better than Rena's in general but it would be a small change at most.

Postby Felucia » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:33 am

aggixx wrote: [...]BiS trinkets next tier as it stands are Rune (which means that the rune might proc at some point during your Berserk, at the latest, instead of on your first hit. Hardly a bad thing) and Assurance of Consequence which is ICD based and is not affected. [...]

I came up with the same trinket choices, based on my own testing on dummies. I am, however, rather unhappy with those. In my opinion, specifically the t16 2p set bonus hardly harmonizes with RoRO, in general I felt a lot like they are trying to steer us away from bleeds. Assurance of Consequence also decreased the CD of Incarntion, which would make me think it would be a lot stronger, but still, my damage was so low(without rune) compared to just the gear i am wearing now, with two new trinkets and about 5 ilvl+ that i feel like i would rather just keep my t15 on lol. The 4p bonus is nice and keeps the rotation going where until now we would've been hoping for crits/ooc procs.
Trying to maximize the proc of the 2p and RoRO, while using DoC however, seems impossible. Rather it would be maximizing rune and playing how we have in 5.3 and just passively using our 2p, even tho it is pretty mighty(just talking singletarget here).

What are your opinions? Could it be worth to take out rune at all? I would like the change of play style a lot. High ticks are nice, but it just feels stupid mashing mangle that comparatively does 0 dmg purely to generate combo points and just waiting for rune all day to finally get something going.

(sorry for the wall of text)

Greets,
Amo

meow

Revered

Postby Stenhaldi » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:36 am

Felucia wrote:Assurance of Consequence also decreased the CD of Incarntion,

Is this so? The trinket is not reducing the cooldown of my incarnation; for me, it only reduces the cooldowns of tiger's fury, berserk, barkskin, survival instincts, dash, and stampeding roar.

Postby Felucia » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:02 am

Stenhaldi wrote:
Felucia wrote:Assurance of Consequence also decreased the CD of Incarntion,

Is this so? The trinket is not reducing the cooldown of my incarnation; for me, it only reduces the cooldowns of tiger's fury, berserk, barkskin, survival instincts, dash, and stampeding roar.

unless they've changed it again, after you spec incarnation, relog and it should share berserks cooldown
Edit: i guess it's gone, just looked. Or i was daydreaming.

meow

Honored

Postby Paloro » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:52 am

I think I've read the blue response to the RPPM changes 10 times now and I find myself still stratching my head.

So, if I am reading it correctly, the RPPM changes have cut out our haste from the equation and now use a factor of 1.0. To balance this, the base frequency of proc'ing has been increased (MMO-C had a nice table set up).

For us, this shouldn't matter much?

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:08 am

Paloro wrote:I think I've read the blue response to the RPPM changes 10 times now and I find myself still stratching my head.

So, if I am reading it correctly, the RPPM changes have cut out our haste from the equation and now use a factor of 1.0. To balance this, the base frequency of proc'ing has been increased (MMO-C had a nice table set up).

For us, this shouldn't matter much?

If two non-RPPM trinkets end up being BiS next tier then the legendary procs + dancing steel probably won't justify reforging for haste anymore, so we'll most likely be going back to our old-school mastery > crit > haste reforging from pre-5.2. Would have to set up a BiS set first and sim it to be 100% sure.

Honored

Postby Paloro » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:14 am

Alpheus wrote:If two non-RPPM trinkets end up being BiS next tier then the legendary procs + dancing steel probably won't justify reforging for haste anymore, so we'll most likely be going back to our old-school mastery > crit > haste reforging from pre-5.2. Would have to set up a BiS set first and sim it to be 100% sure.

As it stands, 549 RoR and AoC are going to be BiS which RoR is RPPM and AoC is 60sec ICD. The LMG RPPM was nerfed and DS double dips. I'm just curious as to how much this will impact overall proc rate/effectiveness of RoR.

Postby enigmaran » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:38 pm

Has anyone modeled if the strength trinket thok's tail tip will be good for us? It's a flat boost to secondary stats with a strength proc.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:06 pm

enigmaran wrote:Has anyone modeled if the strength trinket thok's tail tip will be good for us? It's a flat boost to secondary stats with a strength proc.

Don't think so, but if it's any good for us they'll make it so it doesn't work for non-str users.

Postby enigmaran » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:44 pm

The reason I ask is a close friend is a rogue and it's modeling out to be BIS for assassination because of the secondary stats and the AP gain from strength proc. I figured it might be good for us too, but I have little experience with catus or other modeling programs.

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS