Register

DroodFocus

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Re: DroodFocus

Postby timmydactal » Thu May 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Whitepaw wrote:How do I make an icon that pops up when RoR buff is active? It buffs my Mastery and changes the dps cycle a lot. I'd like a small icon, with a timer, right next to all my other icons from Droodfocus, but I can't seem to find the right spell ID for this buff.

Why it's necessary? Well, because Feral right now has the following timers (listed in order of time duration, i.e. how long is the proc/charge up):
- PS procs
- Trinket procs
- Rake
- OoC procs
- Thrash
- Rip
- DoC charges
- Savage Roar
- FFF

Some of the above procs/charges changes the priority on our abilities, so having them all at the same place on my screen is really important.

NB: Can we have someone to make a new Madden flow chart? The previous one from Wrath seems rather simplistic compared to MoP with DoC and RoR!

http://coldbear.wordpress.com/2009/11/20/john-ing-madden/

139120 is the spellID.

Honored

Postby RareBeast » Thu May 23, 2013 7:23 pm

I have DroodFocus set up for my resto spec now and am having an issue.

I have Wild Growth and Swiftmend set up as icons which appear when ready and fade out when they are on CD. Not sure if it occurs after I respec or if it is each time I log in, but regularly these icons don't work and I have to go into the spell options and deselect then reselect the "when ready" option (or whatever the check box is called) to get it to work. Once I do that it all works fine.

Doesn't cause me any real trouble but it may be causing hassles for others.

Love Drood Focus and have now set it up for all of my toons - very versatile! :)

Thanks

Postby JKCS » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:31 pm

This addon is so good for ferals I love it!!!!!

Now if only it would work for boomies as well pleaseeeeeeeeee :'( :'( :'(

Honored

Postby RareBeast » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:51 pm

I have it set up for all my toons. You can definitely set it up for Boomkin.

Postby Alteredbeast » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:52 pm

Hi, Sorry I'm new to DroodFocus. I'm sure there is an answer on here already, I see in 2 posts up from this one someone gave the spell ID I'm looking for. How do I import a spell with that ID. I would also like the correct icon if possible. I am trying to add something to track when RoR is active. I just got my trinket last night :)

Revered

Postby Steakbomb » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:21 pm

Alteredbeast wrote:Hi, Sorry I'm new to DroodFocus. I'm sure there is an answer on here already, I see in 2 posts up from this one someone gave the spell ID I'm looking for. How do I import a spell with that ID. I would also like the correct icon if possible. I am trying to add something to track when RoR is active. I just got my trinket last night :)

Enter Config mode by either clicking on the minimap icon or /droodfocus.

Click Spells List

Click New

Enter the Spell ID

Add it to the Icon 1 or 2 Row/Add it to the Bar 1 or 2 list

Postby Alteredbeast » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:21 am

Thanks, I got RoR almost successfully imported. But now my Rake doesn't track the 3 small dots or the one big one that is grey, green or red. They are still working on my rip and thrash however. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Postby Alteredbeast » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:20 pm

Hi all, so my rake issue fixed itself.

Does anyone know the spell ID for http://www.wowhead.com/item=94512/renatakis-soul-charm , someone told me it should be 94512, but that doesn't seem to work. I would really like to track it right beside my RoR and see as my stacks climb to 10.

Thank you

Revered

Postby Steakbomb » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:51 am

Alteredbeast wrote:Hi all, so my rake issue fixed itself.

Does anyone know the spell ID for http://www.wowhead.com/item=94512/renatakis-soul-charm , someone told me it should be 94512, but that doesn't seem to work. I would really like to track it right beside my RoR and see as my stacks climb to 10.

Thank you

The WA that I have set up uses ID: 138756

The other ID just for the stacking buff is: 138737

Postby Alteredbeast » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:40 pm

Steakbomb wrote:
Alteredbeast wrote:Hi all, so my rake issue fixed itself.

Thank you

The WA that I have set up uses ID: 138756

The other ID just for the stacking buff is: 138737

Thanks Steakbomb, love the name lol. I'll give this a try later. 2 quick questions.... what is WA? Second question, does this make 2 icons or just 1 with the number stacks the proc currently has?

Revered

Postby Steakbomb » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:40 pm

Alteredbeast wrote:Thanks Steakbomb, love the name lol. I'll give this a try later. 2 quick questions.... what is WA? Second question, does this make 2 icons or just 1 with the number stacks the proc currently has?

Thanks.

WA = Weak Auras. It's a powerful addon that you can track basically everything with.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4621 This is my UI thread with a lot of Weak Auras set up to track different things.

The Weak Aura that I have set up just makes 1 icon, the same icon that the trinket uses. The way it shows up for me is it shows the icon and the stacks in the middle of the icon. I have the timer in a green bar that starts full and slowly empties.

I am not sure how this would look in DroodFocus but you can probably mess around with the settings to get it how you like it.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:54 pm

If you think his name is cool, you have to hear his adorable Sid the Sloth voice in vent. :^ )

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:37 am

Edit later: Never mind, I got it working (the issue I had a question about) :)
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Postby Baes » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:39 pm

Hello!

First off - million thanks to the creator, the addon is simply amazing tool.

My little problem with it: is it possible to display the talent upon it being taken and hide it if not? I am horrible at explanations but I will give it a try: Say for pvp I pick Nature's Vigil and for pve I go with Heart of the Wild and I show them as icons on say, Icon bar 1. Is it possible to place them on the same spot and have the one chosen at the moment is visible while the one that is not chosen is hidden? I.e. I do not wish to have both HoW and NV being shown as I can pick only one of them at a time so inactive one is not shown until I pick it up?

thank you so much in advance!

Postby Baes » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:01 am

oh well, must have been a wrong place to ask, I will keep looking! :)

Postby Jaymzhendo » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:35 pm

If you create your own icon (aka use something from another spell or treat it as an Aura/FX) then you could simply assign the spell id from both buffs to the same icon.

The other thing you could do (very round about way of doing this, fair warning...) - There is another addon that creates a macro for each talent tier and switches the icon on your bar if you change talents. If you could make Droodfocus use this macro's icon...

Hope that answers your question.

Postby henrikw92 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:52 pm

Baes wrote:Hello!

First off - million thanks to the creator, the addon is simply amazing tool.

My little problem with it: is it possible to display the talent upon it being taken and hide it if not? I am horrible at explanations but I will give it a try: Say for pvp I pick Nature's Vigil and for pve I go with Heart of the Wild and I show them as icons on say, Icon bar 1. Is it possible to place them on the same spot and have the one chosen at the moment is visible while the one that is not chosen is hidden? I.e. I do not wish to have both HoW and NV being shown as I can pick only one of them at a time so inactive one is not shown until I pick it up?

thank you so much in advance!

If I understood you correctly, this macro should do what you are looking for:

Spoiler: show
/cast Displacer Beast
/cast Wild Charge
/run SetMacroSpell("t15",GetSpellInfo("Displacer Beast") or "Wild Charge")'

When you place this on your bars it will display the talent you have selected and you won't have to rebind it every time you swap talents. The macro needs to be called t15 for it to work btw, or you will have to change the macro to match your name for it.

Here is the 2 others I use

/cast Mass Entanglement
/cast Typhoon
/run SetMacroSpell("t45",GetSpellInfo("Mass Entanglement") or "Typhoon")

and

/use Disorienting Roar
/use Ursol's Vortex
/use Mighty bash
/run local G=GetSpellInfo SetMacroSpell("t75", G"Disorienting Roar" or G"Ursol's Vortex" or "Mighty bash")

the tier 45 macro needs to be named t45 and the tier 75 macro needs to be called t75.

You can change names on the spells and use it for your tier 90 spells as well, I don't use a macro for that atm, since I never use natures vigil and DoC is passive.
And btw, you have to click the spell once for the icon to show after you have changed talents or logged in.

Oh, and btw, if you have any questions etc about those macros, feel free to pm me. Don't want to take this thread to far off topic :)

Postby Alteredbeast » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:18 am

Anyone know the spell ID (or where I can learn them without having to ask here everytime) for the T15 Guardian 2 piece. I want to know when I have my 10 stacks for my super heal.

Revered

Postby ShmooDude » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:24 pm

Alteredbeast wrote:Anyone know the spell ID (or where I can learn them without having to ask here everytime) for the T15 Guardian 2 piece. I want to know when I have my 10 stacks for my super heal.

idTip is what I use in game.

To get it from wowhead. Go to any of the tier pieces. Click on the set bonus. You'll then see the spell that gets applied. In the URL, you'll see a spell=### with that number being your spell ID. In this particular case it happens to be 138217. For regular spells the process is much simpler as you simply look up the spell but since we were dealing with a set bonus you have to either know the name of the buff it gives (I didn't off hand) or do it the way I illustrated above.

Postby Nepplol » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:22 am

Hi !
I was wondering if DroodFocus was the best solution for checking bleed ratios ?

Revered

Postby Tremnen » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:36 am

Best? probably not. Weak Auras can be configured to show exact values while Drood uses a basic formula that only returns (new bleed willl be bad, new bleed will be slightly worse, new bleed will be much better)

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:58 am

By default yes. You can set it to display a number value as in Drood Focus though.

Postby Nepplol » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:08 pm

Thanks guys for the quick answer,
Tinder is it well documented to display the number on droodfocus ? Or is it complex to set it up ?

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:45 pm

To be honest, I can't even remember. I have had it showing numbers for so long, I am not even sure where I set it up. I would have remembered if it was really complicated. It must be an option in there somewhere. I will look it up when I get home.

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:53 pm

Nepplol wrote:Thanks guys for the quick answer,
Tinder is it well documented to display the number on droodfocus ? Or is it complex to set it up ?

It's

• /droodfocus options
  • Icons
  • CHECK Dots power
  • Config. Dots power
  • CHECK Text enabled
  • Feel free to customize as you please

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS