Register

Edgy/Raffy's Official Catus Thread

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Exalted

Re: Edgy/Raffy's Official Catus Thread

Postby raffy » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:53 pm

I think I've got most of the v14 stuff finished. I'm currently working on the "A vs B" comparison feature, which should let you simulate the value of any gear or simulator setting with a single click: Weapon vs Weapon, Trinket vs Trinket, Armory vs Armory, DoC vs HotW, NS vs no-NS, T15 Set Bonus vs T16 Set Bonus, etc...

A vs B uses your "Saved Configurations" which save your gear + simulator settings into a single JSON file. I've added a little interface for this under the Import section. These files can be used across different versions of Catus and can be shared/emailed/etc. Right now you have to manually name each file, which is a pain in the ass, I've been experimenting with different ways of automagically generating a brief description, but I haven't found a good solution yet.

I had saved an "Edgy" configuration back in May, and I just added "A vs B" gear compare, so I did a comparison between my current Armory and my old Edgy configuration:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... ompare.txt
I might add some kind of profile logging feature in the future, since looking at your gear over time is kind of cool, for historical reference.
The format is pretty easy to read:

Fixed a few things with the regemmer:

I've also slightly upgraded my PTR gear list: http://raffy.antistupid.com/wow/ptr_gear.php
The columns are now sortable and I added source information.

Postby Almex » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:00 pm

Hey.

I've got a Problem with Zephyrus.

I've got 2 new 1h's from ToT today and enchanted them and logged out the game, then i imported my character into Zephyrus and started the Reforge thing.
It worked fine, but i then remembered that i forgot to upgrade my weapons.

I logged in, upgraded and locked out.

I imported my character again, and pressed Reforge and now it suddenly wont work.

Now it comes with this Error: Found Zero solution, try relaxing hit/expertise constraints.

Whats wrong here? i mean how come it first worked, and then when i upgraded the 2 weapons it just wont work anymore? i tryed to delete it and download it twice with same result.

Hope someone can help me out =)

regards - Almex

Exalted

Postby raffy » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:28 pm

I don't know your character, so I can't verify, but just try changing your search range to a bigger number. "Found Zero solution, try relaxing hit/expertise constraints" means there are no Hit/Exp solutions that land within the specified desired range. You can always put your search range at like 200, it just makes the process a little slower.

Postby Almex » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:30 pm

i could try that when i get home.

My character is.

Almex -> Silvermoon - EU

Exalted

Postby raffy » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:58 pm

Your character doesn't exist?
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/search?q=al ... wcharacter

Ah, you're Almez :p

Exalted

Postby raffy » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:36 am

Catus now has overlay gear scaling, like Challenge Mode (463), Battlegrounds (496), etc...
Properly supports no rounding or rounding up. You can reforge and simulate under this effect.

I've also consolidated the combat configuration and started adding more combat stuff:
I expect to add a whole variety of single-target features, as they are extremely easy to add now.

I've gotten a bunch of interest to add my new Secondary Maximizer reforger to Zephyrus (since the Rune is dead? for Monks next patch.) I feel Windwalkers pain, and will be updating Zephyrus soon with this feature. Everything will work like before, 1-click Import + Gems/Enchants => Reforgerade + Shopping List, but you'll be able to specify stat weights.

Edit: added basic Cleave encounter:

I'm thinking of doing an assembly line style fight next.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:13 am

Updated Catus beta: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... stBeta.zip

Both encounter types work, but it needs more documentation, error checking, etc...

Many of the fields now support distributions, so you can say "Lifetime: 5-10", it means UniformDistribution[5,10] (seconds). Right now, only Uniform and Constant (single value) is supported, but I'll add more distributions soon.

Both simulators (Combat Log and Distribution) now both use the Encounter settings.

Encounter Settings are tied to the configuration file (which contains all of the character-specific Catus settings) so you could have:
"Edgy A" configuration: with HotW, different set bonuses, using Cleave fight with 8 targets.
"Edgy B" configuration: with DoC, using the natural set bonuses, using NS, Patchwerk fight.

The distribution simulator is now detachable (as a separate window), so you can run more than one at the same time. If you close the window, it kills the sim (yay.) It also includes some basic DPS information and time remaining estimation. I'll include more info soon, probably some "Cat Stats", maybe some kind of buff overview, maybe a textual encounter description. Maybe "OK that's enough" button.

The Cleave encounter can do silly things. If you keep spawning adds and don't kill them, you'll eventually hit event limit in the Catus simulator. I will expand this number once I've streamlined it a bit more. Most of the time, I can detect this problem early when I fixed-point the combat time.

When you apply custom item level scaling, if you use a positive item level, like 520, it will scale all gear up/down to that item level (similar to PTR raid scaling). If you enter a negative item level, like -463, it will scale all gear down to that item level but not up (similar to Challenge Modes). I haven't yet figured out the proper math for the Hit/Exp. I've also added a Feature checkbox for "Challenge Mode" restrictions (but it doesn't work yet) that will disable set bonuses, meta gem, etc...

If you click on the scaled item header, it will do a gear compare from your original gear to the scaled gear.

Edit:

I'm thinking that a better way to simulate is to do: at minimum 1000 iterations, and then keep simulating until the standard error drops below some threshold, like 100 DPS, or maybe better, as a percentage of the mean DPS. Doing 10k iterations is pointless for simple encounters, but not nearly enough for dynamic ones.

The Encounter panel probably needs a popup menu with a bunch of Prefab fights, that approximate some of the in-game encounters, since of the settings will become overwhelming once I add another round of settings.

Troll has Beast Slaying, so I guess I need to add "Beast" option (or is this always just 5% more damage?). I was thinking that the Patchwerk encounter could have a "Player" target, which would work with resilience and PvP power. I'll probably add periodic damage buff option to the Patchwerk encounter, to model Jinrokh-style puddles. And another option that causes periodic out-of-range.

Revered

Postby Steakbomb » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:43 pm

Latest Beta working great!

Last week I got the H TF Lei Shen Weapon and I am really tempted to use it but I would be at 3951 expertise :-/

Also as a side note to see how our damage is in 5.4, I was watching Sloot's 25 Garrosh Stream and Stenhaldi was right at the top of the meters.

What trinkets were you using for Garrosh Sten? And were you DoC or HotW?

Revered

Postby Stenhaldi » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:39 pm

Steakbomb wrote:Also as a side note to see how our damage is in 5.4, I was watching Sloot's 25 Garrosh Stream and Stenhaldi was right at the top of the meters.

HotW (using hurricane) with Assurance of Consequence and Rune of Re-Origination.

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:51 am

Stenhaldi wrote:
Steakbomb wrote:Also as a side note to see how our damage is in 5.4, I was watching Sloot's 25 Garrosh Stream and Stenhaldi was right at the top of the meters.

HotW (using hurricane) with Assurance of Consequence and Rune of Re-Origination.

Out of curiosity, does AoC lower the cooldown on the active part of HotW?

Revered

Postby Stenhaldi » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:25 am

AoC reduces Tiger's Fury, Berserk, Stampeding Roar, Dash, Barkskin, and Survival Instincts only.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:49 pm

Does AoC stack with the SI glyph?

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:33 pm

Stenhaldi wrote:AoC reduces Tiger's Fury, Berserk, Stampeding Roar, Dash, Barkskin, and Survival Instincts only.

Someone reported that AoC reduces Incarnation cooldown as well if you relogged. Is this no longer the case?

Revered

Postby Tremnen » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:41 pm

Do we have a BIS list yet for tier 16? Also nice work on all the trinket dps statistics! Hard to believe my Rentaki will carry me through most of Heroics though.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:36 am

Added Secondary Maximizer to Zephyrus in preparation for 5.4:
It needs a few more settings and then I'll release it. As I mentioned before, everything works the same, except this reforger just gives you the best possible weighted score.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:04 am

Tremnen wrote:Do we have a BIS list yet for tier 16? Also nice work on all the trinket dps statistics! Hard to believe my Rentaki will carry me through most of Heroics though.

If you're using the Rune, the BiS list is basically "the highest ilvl gear you have" since most of the stat allocation stuff can be solved through reforging.
Gear List: http://raffy.antistupid.com/wow/ptr_gear.php

Renataki is awesome now because it has much higher RPPM. It's the perfect proc because the ramp up is essentially an "early warning" to start pooling resources/combos. However, I'd imagine AoC will become invaluable in heroic modes, as it increases your burst DPS and survivability. As Stenhaldi and my results showed earlier in the thread, there is a big jump in AoC power once the ICD proc aligns to your Berserk cooldown. Since we don't Berserk immediately on the pull and depending on the first proc, the 20sec AoC proc might not align well to the 2nd Berserk use, and might miss the 3rd/4th Berserk entirely.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... CAlign.txt
05:53.877 +TF: +60 (14 > 74)
05:59.877 -TF
06:09.807 +Assurance of Consequence<553>: +11761 Agility
06:16.343 +TF: +60 (31 > 91)
06:22.343 -TF
06:29.807 -Assurance of Consequence<553>
06:43.144 +TF: +60 (32 > 92)
06:43.144 +Berserk
06:49.144 -TF
06:58.144 -Berserk

Honored

Postby mekell » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:35 am

Raffy i picked up the beta version so i could use the reforging that didn't require rune. I gotta say, I love you man. This whole tool is awesome.

Revered

Postby Tremnen » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:45 pm

@ Raffy, I know why Rentaki is going to be so good its just weird to me that Blizz overlooked that for us trinket wise we wont see an upgrade until Heroics.

I am sadly only rocking an LFR rune and though I finally got Cutting Edge last week no rune drop for me and the guild is deciiding to run normals the next two weeks for the meta achiev over trying to farm lei shen / ra-den. I can understand the mentality because after 200 wipes I wouldnt want to do the fight again with the next patch around the corner but it puts me in a weird spot that for me that boss has my BIS for next tier. Hopefully I can get my hands on a normal mode one in the next 2 weeks. I'll need to start looking at how much of a DPS loss that is over the heroic one for next tier. (and whether it will be worth trying to pub heroic ToT next tier on my off nights just for a chance at the trinket)

Honored

Postby RareBeast » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:55 pm

I have spent coins on LFR and normal ToT every week and have yet to see a Rune drop. On the other hand, I got a heroic thunderforged Rentaki's the other night which made me happy.

Revered

Postby Steakbomb » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:52 am

I have killed Lei Shen every week since week 2 of ToT and have 5 heroic Lei Shen kills and I have only seen Rune drop 1 time, and it wasn't TF :-(

Exalted

Postby raffy » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:56 am

Cleaned up HotW stuff:

Code: Select all
on_use,req=hotw_wrath,if=buff.heart_of_the_wild
wrath,req=hotw_wrath,if=buff.heart_of_the_wild.remains>=cast_time
heart_of_the_wild,req=hotw_wrath,if=hotw_before|(buff.berserk.down&cooldown.berserk.remains>=45)

Using my gear, raid buffed, Patchwerk, 7.5m
Weapon: [543] Giorgio's Caduceus of Pure Moods w/Jade Spirit (haste rune proc)
Wrath/NoSwap/BeforeBerserk: 220518
Wrath/NoSwap/AfterBerserk: 230550
Wrath/Swap/BeforeBerserk: 235157
Wrath/Swap/AfterBerserk: 243310
Passive: 246344

I'll redo this soon with a crit proc, better staff, and BiS gear.

w/T15 BiS gear
Spoiler: show
96581 +8 >hc :95346 :76670 # Head: [543] Headpiece of the Haunted Forest
96815 +8 >hc :76670 # Neck: [549] Quadra-Head Brooch
96583 +8 >ht :76692 :76670 "Greater Tiger Claw Inscription" # Shoulder: [543] Spaulders of the Haunted Forest
98148 +8 :76692 "Goblin Glider" "Superior Critical Strike" # Back: [608] Tigerfang Wrap
95033 +8 >cm :76692 :76692 :76692 "Glorious Stats" # Chest: [549] Chestguard of Coruscating Blades
96912 /339 +8 :76670 "Greater Agility" # Wrist: [549] Bracers of the Midnight Comet
96580 +8 >em :76692 "Synapse Springs" "Greater Haste" # Hands: [543] Grips of the Haunted Forest
96837 +8 >ec :76692 :76670 :76692 Socket "Frag Belt" # Waist: [549] Featherflight Belt
96582 +8 >tc :76670 :76680 "Shadowleather Leg Armor" # Legs: [543] Legguards of the Haunted Forest
95007 +8 >eh :76670 :76680 "Blurred Speed" # Feet: [549] Twist-Toe Tabi
96740 +8 >tc "Greater Agility" # Finger 1: [549] Sign of the Bloodied God
96885 +8 >ch :76666 "Greater Agility" # Finger 2: [549] Gore-Soaked Gear
96741 +8 >ec # Trinket 1: [549] Renataki's Soul Charm
96918 +8 # Trinket 2: [549] Rune of Re-Origination
96978 +8 >ct :76670 :76692 Socket "Dancing Steel" # Main Hand: [549] Darkwood Spiritstaff

Passive: 263295
Wrath/NoSwap/BeforeBerserk: 233345
Wrath/NoSwap/AfterBerserk: 245759

Crit proc [549] Invocation of the Dawn w/Jade Spirit
Wrath/Swap/BeforeBerserk: 246241
Wrath/Swap/AfterBerserk: 256724

Haste proc [549] Suen-Wo, Spire of the Falling Sun w/Jade Spirit
Wrath/Swap/BeforeBerserk: 246616
Wrath/Swap/AfterBerserk: 257828

Added a pause button and a note field, so you can name your sims after they're started:

Edit:

Fuck, I forgot 10% Wrath buff on PTR.

Minor bug with Frag Belt on pull, which procs Dancing Steel, but I allowed instant weapon swap to occur at T=0 (since the change could of been made before combat.) HotW on the pull sucks anyway. Fixed Dancing Steel can't be proc'd by Frag belt.

Another minor optimization would be to avoid using HotW during a mastery Rune proc.

Weapon swapped procs are now put on ICD and/or their TimeSinceLast is reset.

Edit:

w/Agile
Passive: 251649
Swap after Berserk w/Crit proc: 252355

Exalted

Postby raffy » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:55 pm

Added Opener (None/Ravage/Pounce), Symbiosis, and single-target Generator (Shrangle/Mangle/Shred/Rake):

Added screenshot buttons so it's easy to capture the current interface or gear:
All: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... Config.png
Gear: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... otGear.png

Exalted

Postby raffy » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:04 am

I changed the HotW logic around, which required some new functionality:
main: heart_of_the_wild,req=hotw_wrath,if=!buff.rune_of_reorigination.up&(hotw_before|(buff.berserk.down&cooldown.berserk.remains>=45))
main: swap_action_list,name=hotw,req=hotw_wrath,if=buff.heart_of_the_wild.remains>5

hotw: run_action_list,name=keep,if=target.bitw&dot.rip.ticking&dot.rip.remains<=3
hotw: alt_weapon,req=hotw_swap
hotw: on_use
hotw: wrath,if=buff.heart_of_the_wild.remains>=cast_time
hotw: swap_action_list,name=done

done: swap_action_list,name=main,if=buff.cat_form.up
done: enqueue_main_weapon,req=hotw_swap
done: cat_form

keep: cat_form
keep: ferocious_bite
keep: rake,if=dot.rip.remains>=2
keep: mangle_cat

This has the option of keeping BitW Rip active during HotW.
This also avoids casting HotW during a mastery Rune proc.
Later in the fight, it might be better to ensure Rip is active before enabling HotW.

"buff.rune_of_reorigination.up" only returns true if it is a Mastery proc.
"req" is a condition field, like "if", that is checked once at the start of the action list to see if that action should be included.
"hotw_wrath" is a boolean that means single-target HotW Wrath can be used.
"hotw_before" is a boolean that means you should use HotW before Berserk.
"hotw_bitw" is a boolean that means you should keep Rip active during HotW.
"hotw_swap" is a boolean that means you should swap weapons when using HotW.
"alt_weapon" swaps to caster weapon.
"main_weapon" swaps to cat weapon.
"enqueue_main_weapon" swaps to cat weapon on next GCD ability.

I added "gen" (integer) to determine what single-target generator should be used:
filler: ravage
filler: shred,req=gen=0,if=(buff.omen_of_clarity.react|buff.berserk.up|energy.regen>=15)&buff.king_of_the_jungle.down
filler: mangle_cat,req=gen=0,if=buff.king_of_the_jungle.down
filler: mangle_cat,req=gen=1,if=buff.king_of_the_jungle.down
filler: shred,req=gen=2,if=buff.king_of_the_jungle.down
filler: rake,req=gen=3,if=buff.king_of_the_jungle.down

Edit: haha, this cracked me up while integrating Hotwcane into Cleave encounter:
@Boss    L93 (+3) HP(66600000) Armor(24835)
@Add01   L93 (+3) HP(Immortal) Armor(24835)
@Add02   L93 (+3) HP(Immortal) Armor(24835)
@Add03   L93 (+3) HP(Immortal) Armor(24835)
@Add04   L93 (+3) HP(Immortal) Armor(24835)
@Add05   L93 (+3) HP(Immortal) Armor(24835)
@Add06   L93 (+3) HP(Immortal) Armor(24835)

Exalted

Postby raffy » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:57 pm

Updated latest beta: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... stBeta.zip

Caster HotW stuff is working with Patchwork, with all of the options. I still need to finish adding it to cleave. I don't think the Cleave encounter will use single-target Wrath. I need to add some more quasi-Simc functionality to abort the Hurricane channel.

Edit:

Updated beta again. Got basic Hotwcane rotation working. I also got Soul Swap and Redirect working (but they're not being used.) I still need to confirm some damage for Feral Spirits. Almost got the UI finished for AvsB. And I broke mastery reforger temporarily. Edit fixed it.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:12 pm

Encounters seem to be working out pretty good. It's a bit harder to debug, because all kinds of complex shit can happen, but it provides a much richer test harness to figure out what's best. Sometimes the simulator has difficulty approximating the combat time, so I often have to simulate 250+ iterations just to run 1 iteration (like to generate a combat log).

I started an assembly line encounter, where you have to kill X number of targets back to back. I don't know if this has any practice use, but depending on the duration, this might be able to gauge target swapping performance.

Yesterday, I was playing with a Windlord style fight, using Cleave encounter: Duration=4m, Adds=7, At Start, Lifetime=1.5m-3m.

This worked good except it didn't have the vulnerability debuff, so I might try to introduce some encounter independent modifiers, like a global damage multiplier (like titan gas). I also want to introduce some concept of "encounter time" so I can decouple Heroism/Potion use from a single mob's HP.

I also found a bug in the event ordering, where if the simulator scheduled a bunch of events at the same time, they would get out of order:
{1} -> {1, 2} -> {1, 3, 2} -> {1, 3, 4, 2}

I also noticed that for more complex encounters, it's unfair to leave the debuffs "Weak Armor" and "Always Bleed" always active. I re-enabled cycle_target Faerie Fire, but I need to add this as an option, so people can see how much DPS gain you get from doing it (easily doable during sustained AoE since 35%+ idle time.) I'll probably change this from a toggle to a menu with "Always, Faerie Fire, Never".

I've made {Ability Delay: 0-50ms, Reaction Time: 250ms} my defaults going forward.

Combat Log with Wrath (after, weap swap, bitw maintain)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... thBitW.txt

Poop, that opening Ravage is off-gcd by mistake. Fixed that bug was crazy. Simc "pool_resource" was able to function while on the GCD and effectively overwrite the GCD with a "pool_resource" wait of 0sec.

Haha, the kitty stopped Wrathing, jumped into Cat form, did a Mangle, got a Rip extend, and then didn't FB extend the Rip until later :( stupid Robots!
07:21.618 Casting: Wrath...
07:23.173 Casted: Wrath (1.56s)
07:23.173 @Boss Wrath 277703 Hit +HotW+Int(1650)
07:23.173 +Cat
07:23.286 @Boss Rip`5#42 109348 Hit +SR+Agi(5650)+Mastery(32874)-Crit(8219)
07:24.382 @Boss Mangle 53944 Crit
07:24.382 @Boss Combo: 2 (+2/2)
07:25.286 @Boss Rip`5#43 109348 Hit +SR+Agi(5650)+Mastery(32874)-Crit(8219)
07:25.412 -Cat
07:25.412 Casting: Wrath...
07:26.967 Casted: Wrath (1.56s)
07:26.967 @Boss Wrath 277094 Hit +HotW+Int(1650)
07:26.967 +Cat
07:27.286 @Boss Rip`5#44 109348 Hit +SR+Agi(5650)+Mastery(32874)-Crit(8219)
07:27.885 -Heart of the Wild
07:28.140 @Boss FB`2 72469 Crit +100%

Thing's that eventually need tested:
- Is HotW viable? I'd assume on single-target, you need equal or better Caster weapon, using after Berserk and you need to maintain Rip during BitW.
- For rune, what gems? Can we use secondary gems? Do we have too much haste? Should we cap haste to ~8K or so once we get 4pT16?
- For non-rune, what stat weights?
- How good is FoN?
- HotW vs NV vs DoC
- What trinket's are the best?
- What off-spec pieces are the best?
Then, redo all this stuff for various encounters.

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS