Register

Edgy/Raffy's Official Catus Thread

Face-rippin fun.

Re: Edgy/Raffy's Official Catus Thread

Postby Cyc » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:50 pm

First, I want to thank you for the hard work you have done for this addon. I recently looted the 522 Rune of Re-origination and I am trying to optimize my stats for it. I have read through most of the posts on this thread but I am at a loss as to where to start. When I import my character (cyclowned / Durotan ), I then go to the reforging tab and select Rune of Re-origination. I am not sure what stats to place in mastery overflow/ haste gap/ crit gap. Any help would be appreciated (or even a link with a walkthrough would be great.)

Honored

Postby baver » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:44 am

Just take 1000 overflow on both hit/expertise and mastery and you will get a good reforge for me atleast

Hit: 2500
Expertise: 2793
Mastery: 6392
Haste: 6390
Crit: 6390

Exalted

Postby raffy » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:30 am

Correct, search Range just says how sloppy your Hit/Exp can be, and Overflow says how sloppy the 1:1:1 balance can be. Haste and Crit gap can be left blank, they're for if you use Windsong or Talisman of Bloodlust or have any other proc that modifies your 1:1:1 balance. You can set them both to big numbers and you'll be fine, but the defaults should work for most people's gear.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:02 pm

I believe I fixed the Bitw Rip Refresh during HotW bug from above, but I encountered an issue when using FoN + HotW.

Since FoN is off the GCD, the action list is queried inside of a GCD lockout. Almost all abilities are disabled (except FoN) but swap_action_list logic still executes. I guess I've been using this incorrectly, so I had to change some stuff around.

Additionally, FoN's cast needs to appear in every single action list. This seems really dumb to me, as it makes maintenance of the scripts a pain in the ass. I put FoN inside of a separate action list, and call it at the top of each action list now.

Also, I forgot to Hit cap during HotW for spells.

Actually that's kind of interesting, I'm not sure how it's implemented -- can you miss as Feral in Cat form with HotW active?

5.4 release to-do
- finish debugging Hotwcane w/Cleave
- finish AvsB
- add additional gems to secondary maximizing reforger
- add caster gems to gem.txt + caster weapons to gear.txt
- final pass over for bugs and ptr changes

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:11 pm

You get a free 15% spell hit when HotW is active. The only way you can miss is if the encounter lowers your hit somehow. Only boss I can think of this expac was Feng during his eruption.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:24 pm

Tinderhoof wrote:You get a free 15% spell hit when HotW is active. The only way you can miss is if the encounter lowers your hit somehow. Only boss I can think of this expac was Feng during his eruption.

Oh it's just Spell Hit? Not "hit rating" or anything related? I was curious if you were naked in Cat and pop'd HotW, do you miss?
Edit: ah I see, just Spell Hit: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=108292
Weapon swapping has been occasionally causing me to miss the BitW Rip refresh during Wrath spam.

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:58 pm

Tinderhoof wrote:You get a free 15% spell hit when HotW is active. The only way you can miss is if the encounter lowers your hit somehow. Only boss I can think of this expac was Feng during his eruption.

I'm pretty sure you have 100% resist/miss penetration during HotW. Back in the days when Feng HotW was popular I haven't missed a single wrath during epicenter.

Postby Cyc » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:40 pm

Thanks for the tips. When I run it, I get:

Hit- 2555
Exp- 2793
Mastery- 6395
Haste- 6389
Crit- 6333

However when I actually do the reforging in game, I don't end up with 6333 crit. I end up with 6313 crit. I must be doing something wrong. I checked the weights and settings but can't find why there is a discrepancy.

EDIT:
I ran them again with a different glove enchant and was able to generate:

Mastery- 6379
Haste- 6372
Crit- 6369

However, when I do it in game it showing 20 less crit and I end up with 6349.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:07 pm

Are you using the Beta? It gives a Shopping List that's much easier to use than the official release.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... stBeta.zip

Different glove enchant? Just enable Enchants: [x] Glove and let the reforger figure it out.

Using these settings, I hit Reforge, then Minimize Cost, then looked for a cheap solution: 1 enchant, 2 gems that's like '3' secondaries away from optimal

Postby Cyc » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:32 pm

Raffy,
Thanks! I downloaded the beta and works great. Shopping list is a plus. I went with the +5 gems and reforged accordingly. However I am still showing my crit as 20 points off. It should be 6373 but it is 6353. I am really not sure what the issue is.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:37 pm

Logout once so your armory updates, then I can find the issue.

Edit: You have Strength Leg enchant, and I have the LW version entered incorrectly as 185 Crit.

Sadly, that means you're probably going to have to change some gems/enchants/reforges again. Oh, the cost of 1:1:1 balance!
Last edited by raffy on Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:41 pm

Cyc wrote:Raffy,
Thanks! I downloaded the beta and works great. Shopping list is a plus. I went with the +5 gems and reforged accordingly. However I am still showing my crit as 20 points off. It should be 6373 but it is 6353. I am really not sure what the issue is.

[pic]

Hrm, you have bracers of the midnight coment. Double-check if the correct version has been imported into Catus.
Last edited by Alpheus on Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cyc » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:41 pm

Relogged

Exalted

Postby raffy » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:46 pm

I'll add an audit warning for that, since you're definitely not the first person to make that mistake.
Last edited by raffy on Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:52 pm

raffy wrote:Edit: You have Strength Leg enchant, and I have the LW version entered incorrectly as 185 Crit.

Nice catch.

Postby Cyc » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:29 pm

Thanks for the catch. Dumb mistake on my part.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:47 am

Updated Catus Beta: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... stBeta.zip
Various bug fixes, my first attempt at new FoN, DoC and NV changes, etc...

Using my own gear (you can easily test these things yourself in Catus, I ran all these sims within a few seconds, all at the same time: change talents, sim, type name, change talents, sim, type name etc...):

DoC+FoN: 263065
HotW(wrath)+FoN: 260384
HotW(wrath)+FoN+NoBitW: 258923
DoC+SotF: 258374
HotW(passive)+FoN: 256342
HotW(wrath)+SotF: 253073
NV+FoN: 252169
HotW(passive)+SotF: 249233
HotW(wrath)+FoN+NoSwap: 248401
NV+SotF: 245664

I'm bucketing all of my Treant's until Mastery Rune proc:
Code: Select all
force_of_nature,if=force_of_nature.stack=3|buff.rune_of_reorigination.up|target.time_to_die<20

I took a guess at FoN's damage, I need the PTR changes to be live to validate it.

Oh, and my NV implementation still needs some more work. I don't provide any benefit yet from the Heal-to-Damage conversion through HT (if that's even worth it).

T16 may change these results.
AoC may change these results (it will devalue FoN due to poor alignment.)
Not using Rune may change these results (significantly devalue FoN, depending on final reforge)

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:52 pm

raffy wrote:Oh, and my NV implementation still needs some more work. I don't provide any benefit yet from the Heal-to-Damage conversion through HT (if that's even worth it).

It's actually a very non-insignificant amount on a single target. My T16N DoC profile does 11,750 raw HPS, so if you divide that by 1.2 and then divide it by 3 (for NV's uptime) that works out to 3,263 DPS. Realistically it's a bit lower than that because it would fall much lower in the priority list as NV, but it's still probably something in the neighborhood of 0.5% of total DPS.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:20 pm

Ah cool, I'll try to implement that tonight. YG (Ysera's Gift) and LotP are worth testing for NV benefit, as well as seeing if the splash heal effect counts too.

I'm kind of annoyed that maintaining BitW during HotW isn't a bigger gain. A possible improvement might be getting 4-5 CP before starting BitW, that way you can Cat+FB for a quick refresh, and then if you have T15 (you'll get an extra CP) for another quick refresh. It's kind of surprising how we lack auxiliary methods of combo point generation (compared to Rogues.) I'll have to keep looking at combat logs to see if something stupid is happening.

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:01 pm

aggixx wrote:
raffy wrote:Oh, and my NV implementation still needs some more work. I don't provide any benefit yet from the Heal-to-Damage conversion through HT (if that's even worth it).

It's actually a very non-insignificant amount on a single target. My T16N DoC profile does 11,750 raw HPS, so if you divide that by 1.2 and then divide it by 3 (for NV's uptime) that works out to 3,263 DPS. Realistically it's a bit lower than that because it would fall much lower in the priority list as NV, but it's still probably something in the neighborhood of 0.5% of total DPS.

Are there any other targets besides feral druids who might give a higher healing bonus and thus more dps from HT?

Exalted

Postby raffy » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:04 pm

@player would be best.

Catus Beta double-casts Faerie Fire, for each application, I flipped a boolean accidentally. This jews the opener since FF has high priority. I'll redo the numbers above once the PTR is updated later tonight.

Started adding some universal encounter knobs:
That modifier can stack and be negative. "30sec,90sec" means first one occurs after 30, and the rest every 90sec or whatever Jinrokh actually is, 105sec?

Exalted

Postby raffy » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:53 pm

Updated Catus Beta, fixed the Faerie Fire bug, and various other improvements.

Improved Heroism options, so you can specify a time (which can be a random interval) and/or couple it with first Berserk cast:

Added Cooldown delay, so you can put Berserk/NV/KotJ/HotW on CD at the start of a fight, like Jinrokh. I also centralized the report saving, so both Combat Logs and Distributions share the same directory/save settings. I'm going to add Periodic Intermission next.

I almost have the Healing Touch effects working with NV.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:26 pm

Updated Catus Beta again.
Fixed Fen-yu RPPM
Haste/Non-Hasted RPPM values show in tooltips
Added HT heal->damage during NV
Delayed FoN Rake until 1sec after cast
Reduced FoN cooldown to 50ms, still need to model Rake parry.
Added standard encounter menu
Fixed confusing "disable+selected" toggle button state on Windows
Added universal encounter events to combat log as: *** Blah ***
Restored Clear Upgrades/Max Upgrades
Added Autoname menu to simulator progress window
Distinguish between Harm Spell and Damaging Spell triggers
Added more tooltips
Various bug fixes

I gotta stop adding stuff, so it's mostly going to be bug fixes going forward until official release before 5.4 patch.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:48 pm

Updated Catus beta: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... stBeta.zip
1:1:1 Reforger lets you disable Stamina gems
1:1:1 Reforger default Search Range is now 250
Weakened Armor debuff is now a menu, lets you disable Faerie Fire
Shitty attempt at A vs B interface, will be improved later
Changed HotW from SP modifier to Damage/Heal modifier
Fixed Stormlash damage
Item Scaling floater now has red (X)
Sim and AvsB respond to Ctrl/Cmd-W
Can hit Ctrl/Cmd-S from anywhere to Save Current Configuration
Various bug fixes

Working on FoN stuff now: addressing the parry issue and modeling that (unintended?) DoC benefit

Postby JTF195 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:51 pm

Catus' reforging for challenge modes doesn't take into account the fact that challenge modes don't scale hit/exp.

I've also read in various places that challenge modes scale the gearset as a whole, rather than scaling individual pieces.

Would it be possible for you to implement these characteristics into the reforger?

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS