Register

SoO - Sha of Pride 4/14

These strats will give you a 32.33% chance of survival...repeating, of course.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Exalted

SoO - Sha of Pride 4/14

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:23 pm

This topic is for discussing Feral DPS tactics, monk tactics and/or general raid strategies for the Sha of Pride encounter.

Please feel free to post tips, tricks, videos or ask questions. I will do my best to keep the top post updated with information as it arrives.

When discussing, please mention raid size (10/25) and difficulty (normal/heroic).

Revered

Re: SoO - Sha of Pride 4/14

Postby Sibylle » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:24 pm

My favourite fight so far. Even the prisons aren't a problem because we're fast, and whenever available we can also cast Stampeding Roar just before the prison phase so everyone got there faster to free people.

Killing the small ads (Self-Reflections?) reminded me of Tortos and bats. At one point towards the end we had so many, my entire screen went yellow when I Thrashed + Swiped. And then Rune procced and I had Tiger's Fury and Berserk available, oh glory :D
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Revered

Postby Steakbomb » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:56 pm

I found it easiest to just chill inside the boss just out of the group. The range needed is only 2 yards so it keeps you away from the group and you are still behind the boss.

Honored

Postby Kraineth » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:01 am

For Heroic, while in cat form I have never been targeted by the banish (Pacman mode) and only once while outside catform. This is with ~50pulls and 6 kills. Anyone else experiencing the same thing or am I just really lucky?

Postby henrikw92 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:10 am

Kraineth wrote:For Heroic, while in cat form I have never been targeted by the banish (Pacman mode) and only once while outside catform. This is with ~50pulls and 6 kills. Anyone else experiencing the same thing or am I just really lucky?

You are really lucky :P

Last week I got banished 3 times on our kill, in cat form all the time -.-

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:14 pm

Yep lucky. If I don't get banished we usually wipe. I have had it happen a few times that I get banished right after I have setup the amaizballz Rip at 25% and no one lets me out. It's that or I get banished at 5%.

Revered

Postby Tremnen » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:29 pm

Kraineth wrote:For Heroic, while in cat form I have never been targeted by the banish (Pacman mode) and only once while outside catform. This is with ~50pulls and 6 kills. Anyone else experiencing the same thing or am I just really lucky?

i have been banished 2 times and caged (bad kitty) 3 times in a single pull. Its just luck if you don't get effected. I havent been banished the last 2 weeks though which is pretty nice.

Postby Karlzone » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:22 am

Sibylle wrote:Killing the small ads (Self-Reflections?) reminded me of Tortos and bats. At one point towards the end we had so many, my entire screen went yellow when I Thrashed + Swiped. And then Rune procced and I had Tiger's Fury and Berserk available, oh glory :D

I hope you enjoyed that scumbagging, because as soon as progress is over, other people will too. Fuck you s priest. But I agree it's a great fight. Getting banished multiple times or when you have all procs ready for a rip just blows though...

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:20 pm

Hey, that was our official strategy on normal! ;)

Now we're doing heroic, but I still bribe our tank to casually walk the adds past me every now and then so I can get a few well-placed thrash + swipes in.

Otherwise, what d'you think of the heroic fight? I still like it but RNG can be a b*tch. One attempt everything was perfect and my damage really nice. 2% wipe though, gah. Next attempt, I got banished just as I was about to refresh Rip, and by the time I got back SR had fallen off so I needed to get that up first. In total I was banished 3 times that fight, and thrown into prison twice. Rifts all seemed to drop miles away from the boss... etc. Of course, that one was the kill and my damage was abysmal. Lol.
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Postby Karlzone » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:44 pm

Even if banished during unfortunate moments my dps on the boss is still way higher than anyone else. It's my favorite hc encounter because it's just so fun as a cat. AoE without losing single target dps (and or burst AoE which you can prepare for)? Sure that's me. A lenghty execute phase? Sure. Downtime on the boss? Sure I only lose 30-40% of my single target damage by getting rifts. Personal cooldowns for all swelling corruptions and no chance of death? Me too. All add spawn/target switches are on a timer and encourages usage of soul swap. Sooo good

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:05 am

Yeah, it's a great fight, definitely one of my favourites. I also still topped the meters, but not by as much as I could have (and did that previous attempt!).
-Sibylle

Postby Karlzone » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:05 pm

Oh god. Does anyone know the feeling when you get the perfect rip, and apply it. Then when you're about to refresh it, he puts you in the prison. You are freed and you ACTUALLY MANAGE TO REAPPLY IT? (At 0.5 sec)

Such a relief. I ranked 10th, but daaamn I played so terribly. With better play I should have managed 5th.

Return to Raid Strategies