Register

SoO - Garrosh Douchescream 14/14

These strats will give you a 32.33% chance of survival...repeating, of course.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Exalted

SoO - Garrosh Douchescream 14/14

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:31 pm

This topic is for discussing Feral DPS tactics, monk tactics and/or general raid strategies for the Garrosh Douchescream encounter.

Please feel free to post tips, tricks, videos or ask questions. I will do my best to keep the top post updated with information as it arrives.

When discussing, please mention raid size (10/25) and difficulty (normal/heroic).

Revered

Re: SoO - Garrosh Douchescream 14/14

Postby Alpheus » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:53 pm

Just killed this on normal: vortex or disorienting roar for T5 and take typhoon to knock adds into the Iron Star. Don't use berserk/TF on the last intermission phase, you'll need it for P3. Either wild charge or displacer to get from point-to-point quickly (displacer is great for intermission, wild charge is great for Garrosh).

You can bear-form taunt some of the blood adds on Garrosh to spread them around and solo kill them. I've had top5 damage on Garrosh himself with 2 rogues and 2 DK's but sucked on AoE in phase 1 and intermissions (DoC SotF, cloak, rena rune). Interupt/disiorient MC'd people, prevent them from casting. You can still DPS garrosh while he's "pulling you up into the intermission phase" use this to give him some extra bleeds.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 am

Like Alpheus said, Disorienting Roar is crazy good for p2 MCs: it carries really hard in 10m and I imagine it's quite good in 25m too.

Execute range lasts for 40% of the bosses HP (from when he reaches 25% in P2 all the way to the end of the fight) so plan your Rip clipping around that and don't be afraid to pot early if you get THE rip.

Making sure bleeds are refreshed before every time you leave the boss is paramount on this fight, both during execute and prior to it. Make sure you refresh rake and then FB before each Empowered Whirling Corruption if you're doing the spread and kill strat, because you're going to need every second you can possibly get on that Rip to keep it from falling off if you're killing an add first. In 10m it was possible to run in and refresh it quick after I had snared my add without messing with anyone else's space (if I needed to).

Bleeds keep ticking on him during the intermission so make sure you put a fresh set on him right before he pulls you in (you can still attack him while the "getting pulled into the heart" animation is going on, use this to your advantage). Edit: This is actually false, he's immune to damage during the transition until he becomes attackable.

If you're the only druid you're probably going to want to be hitting Stampeding Roar the second you get into each intermission.

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:30 am

It's also important not to use slows/vortex on adds in the intermission phase because if you're running straight ahead to the miniboss and aggro everything you do not want to wait for stragglers with 10% hp slowly crawling towards you to begin.

Postby Spanja » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:51 am

aggixx wrote:Bleeds keep ticking on him during the intermission so make sure you put a fresh set on him right before he pulls you in (you can still attack him while the "getting pulled into the heart" animation is going on, use this to your advantage).

That's strange, on our tries yesterday Garrosh was immune to all my dots during each intermission and I don't remember if that was the case on our tries on monday.
Can somebody confirm that ?

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:46 am

Spanja wrote:That's strange, on our tries yesterday Garrosh was immune to all my dots during each intermission and I don't remember if that was the case on our tries on monday.
Can somebody confirm that ?

My bad, was repeating what I had heard but hadn't actually checked the logs myself. Yes, as soon as you load into the intermission he gains immunity to all damage until he becomes attackable again.

Honored

Postby mekell » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:59 am

So we are starting to get close on garrosh in my 10m normal group, there's one thing that feels really messy, and it may just be the nature of the mechanic...

How do you guys deal with the descrated weapon that comes right after the first empowered whirling corruption in p2? We are trying to loosely clump up so that we can get the weapon to go where we want and still avoid getting hit with the void zone pools that spawn adds, but then ultimately adds get clumped up and we take what seems like forever breaking them out to kill them. Is there a cleaner way to deal with this? What are you guys doing to keep the adds spread apart and kill them efficiently.

We were making progress last night with it, so it may just be practice here, but this still feels like the biggest cluster f*#$.

Postby Karlzone » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:27 pm

You'll get better at it with some more attempts. Once people figure out how to kill the adds quickly, you'll be able to stack up on the boss, ready for a new set of MC's. The weapon doesn't do that much damage, so don't worry about taking a tick or so. Focus on dealing with the adds.

Postby FeralXodan » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:04 pm

My guild just started working on Heroic Garrosh 25 last night, i was wondering if any ferals who've killed this, or gotten past phase 1 on heroic without lust, could answer some quick questions about phase 1. At the moment everyone is supposed to be single targeting garrosh and killing the adds with the iron star and accidental aoe, all dps are asked to switch to the desecrated weapon when it's up. The thing is it seems that the weapon is dying so fast that switching to them, as a feral hasnt been effective. Looking at other logs of ferals on this fight i noticed very few had any dmg done to weapon, and the ones that did were either with thrash/swipe.

My question is what is the most effective way for a feral to handle that situation while maximizing damage on Garrosh? and what did you guys, as ferals, do for Phase 1? Im assuming the best way is to just stay on Garrosh, and let other bursty classes worry about the weapon.

Postby Zarzul » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:04 am

Working on Mr G on 10man HC mode

any trick/tip for Feral nuke, the add's in 1 intermisson ?

i do a potion and just do 1st pack thrash/swipe/ stampeding roar "tiger fury"/thrash/swipe 2nd pack

Honored

Postby Paloro » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:48 am

For the 1st intermission, you should be worried about single target and not AoE. The faster you get one target down, the less overall casts will be done.

It's fine to start with Thrash, but then Rake and Mangle until 4-5 CP's and finish with a FB.

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:50 am

Zarzul wrote:Working on Mr G on 10man HC mode

any trick/tip for Feral nuke, the add's in 1 intermisson ?

i do a potion and just do 1st pack thrash/swipe/ stampeding roar "tiger fury"/thrash/swipe 2nd pack

Make sure you have a full duration savage roar just before going up into the intermission and keep a DoC proc ready for use.

Postby Zarzul » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:33 pm

thx for ure time to reply !

Postby Karlzone » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:03 pm

It fully depends on your tactic. If you are 10 man and only engage 3 groups initially then I would do:
- Savage Roar pre intermission (does not have to be full duration AT ALL, but I would recommend 20 seconds at the minimum.)
- 2 Dream of Cenarius charges pre intermission
- Stampeding Roar as you spawn in
- Thrash your group of adds

Afterwards you do:
- Rake on all 3 (use Tiger's Fury as soon as needed)
- Thrash again if you have a rune proc
- Swipe
Clearcasting procs should usually be used for swipe, but obviously refer to your own judgement of the situation.
Then run for one back group of adds and Thrash/Swipe.

Return to Raid Strategies