Register

Gear list for SoO

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Revered

Gear list for SoO

Postby Sibylle » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:51 am

Hi folks,

I thought I might as well get this started myself. Note: This is mostly a "who drops what", not a BiS or anything. We can always add on recommendations and the like later.

For now, it's simply to show which boss drops what piece of feral loot. I'm linking the normal versions of everything for simplicity's sake; every piece also has LFR, Flex, and Heroic equivalents.

Immerseus
Weapon: Trident of Corrupted Waters
Neck: Immerseus' Crystalline Eye
Head: Hood of Blackened Tears

Fallen Protectors
Feet: Stonetoe's Tormented Treads

Norushen
Chest: Robes of the Blackened Watcher
Hands: Gloves of the Golden Protector
Ring: Reality Ripper Ring

Sha of Pride
Trinket: Assurance of Consequence
Tier Chest: Chest of the Cursed Vanquisher

Galakras
Hands: Korgra's Venom-Soaked Gauntlets
Ring: Swift Serpent Signet
Feet: Unrepentant Heels

Iron Juggernaut
Shoulders: Ricocheting Shoulders
Wrists: Laser Burn Bracers

Kor'kron Dark Shaman
Back: Poisonmist Nightcloak
Legs: Riou's Vigilant Leggings
Waist: Damron's Belt of Darkness
Trinket: Haromm's Talisman

General Nazgrim
Shoulders: Shoulderguards of the Righteous Stand
Tier Hands: Gauntlets of the Cursed Vanquisher

Malkorok
Weapon: Halberd of Inner Shadows
Chest: Lazahk's Lost Shadowrap
Ring: Ring of Restless Energy

Spoils of Pandaria
Feet: Pandaren Roofsprinters
Wrists: Mantid Carapace Augments
Trinket: Sigil of Rampage

Thok the Bloodthirsty
Neck: Gleaming Eye of the Devilsaur
Tier Head: Helm of the Cursed Vanquisher

Siegecrafter Blackfuse
Wrists: Bomber's Blackened Wristwatch
Trinket: Ticking Ebon Detonator
Tier Shoulders: Shoulders of the Cursed Vanquisher

Paragons of the Klaxxi
Ring: Kil'ruk's Band of Ascendancy
Tier Legs: Leggings of the Cursed Vanquisher

Garrosh Hellscream
Head: Kor'kron Elite Skullmask
Weapon: Kor'kron Spire of Supremacy
Waist: Cord of Black Dreams
Heirloom Weapon: Hellscream's Pig Sticker (Only from Flex, Normal, and Heroic)

If you find any wrong/broken links, please let me know and I'll fix asap :)
Last edited by Sibylle on Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Re: Gear list for SoO

Postby masl » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:28 am

thanks for the work :) but what is with garrosh's heirloom weapon ? Hellscream's Pig Sticker

Postby Azaer » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:52 pm

masl wrote:what is with garrosh's heirloom weapon ? Hellscream's Pig Sticker

The heirloom weapons that drop from Garrosh are personal loot in Flex, Normal, and Heroic difficulty. The first heirloom weapon that drops for you will be for your current loot spec, but after that you will get one at random. Also cannot be upgraded through Valor. Not sure whether it's worth putting on the list?

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:54 pm

•Players invest a lot of time into the last boss of an expansion, but the awesome gear that they got is replaced fairly quickly in the next expansion. The heirloom weapons from Garrosh are an attempt to compensate for that, as they will usually be the best leveling weapon you can get.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:02 pm

Azaer wrote:
masl wrote:what is with garrosh's heirloom weapon ? Hellscream's Pig Sticker

The heirloom weapons that drop from Garrosh are personal loot in Flex, Normal, and Heroic difficulty. The first heirloom weapon that drops for you will be for your current loot spec, but after that you will get one at random. Also cannot be upgraded through Valor. Not sure whether it's worth putting on the list?

Unless the item levels are wrong (they could be) a fully upgraded normal weapon will be the same Ilvl as the normal BoA weapon. The BoA weapon seems to have a smaller stat budget but it has 2 sockets and a much higher socket bonus. It won't be BiS, but if you aren't seeing any other weapons dropping I don't see why it shouldn't exist on the list as a viable alternative.

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:13 pm

I'll add it! Just give me a bit until I'm in front of a computer again :)

Edit: Turns out I can do it from here. The heirloom polearm is now up.
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:54 pm

Could add a note to it that it does not drop in LFR.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:10 pm

Fixed.

Postby Telkor » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:47 pm

Missing one item from Dark Shaman

Haromm's Talisman
http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=102301
Haromm's Talisman

Other than that, it matches the list I made on paper, thank you for making it.

EDIT - How do you make links show as their name?
Double EDIT - Thanks Tinder
Last edited by Telkor on Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:59 pm

Just using embedded links "[url=http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=103726]Trident of Corrupted Waters[/ url]". Just remove the space on the closing /url.

Postby Vaults » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:52 pm

I was wondering is it possible to make any BiS list right now or at the moment is impossible? Did anyone try to make one? I'm asking because I'm requested to provide BiS list. I have a few ideas but wouldn't mind to get more advises.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:04 pm

http://raffy.antistupid.com/wow/ptr_gear.php

I think what most kitty's want isn't a BiS list, but an upgrade path, but they don't want a BiS upgrade path, they want their own customized upgrade path tailored to their own misfortune :p and unfortunately, that's not deliverable, because it's unique to everyone.

Instead, I think more focus should be put on:
- what playstyle changes need to be made for 550+
- when do you break 4pT15? or break 2pT15? or gain 2pT16? or gain 2pT16?
- when is AoC necessary?
- which trinkets for which bosses? (I suspect Rune is universally good, but I wouldn't be surprised if a Mastery-heavy option is viable.)
- with heavy cleave, do I drop expertise?

We also get some pretty interesting spec permutations: SotF/FoN + HotW/DoC (and maybe NV?)

Overall, these decisions easily trump any minor gain you'd get upgrading your bracers instead of your belt.

For DoC, you've got finishers out to yingyang and you're basically casting HT every 10 seconds.
For HotW, you've got access to epic Hurricane (which wasn't really effective during ToT.)
For FoN, you've got a new talent to master.
For SotF, you've got 550-580 1:1:1 haste concerns.

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:50 am

If and when BiS emerge (the way Rune is this tier), I'm happy to mark them on the list.

And remember I didn't claim to publish the list of all list. This is a first step because several people asked for gear lists and there wasn't a feral-specific one here just yet ;)
Last edited by Sibylle on Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
-Sibylle

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:55 am

Telkor wrote:Missing one item from Dark Shaman

Haromm's Talisman
http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=102301
Haromm's Talisman

Other than that, it matches the list I made on paper, thank you for making it.

EDIT - How do you make links show as their name?
Double EDIT - Thanks Tinder

Telkor, this item is missing from the loot table I used (http://www.wowhead.com/news=217644/siege-of-orgrimmar-loot-tables-clarifications-on-off-spec-and-upgradable-legenda#wing2-korkron-dark-shaman). Can anyone confirm it does drop?
-Sibylle

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:53 am

It does, it's an error by whoever made that Wowhead article (Haromm is one of the Dark Shaman).

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:02 am

Thanks, aggixx. Added :)
-Sibylle

Honored

Postby Paloro » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:36 pm

This will be the list that I will be going off of. As others have stated, it won't be the absolute perfect BiS but it maximizes the use of secondaries. I also didn't use the Warforged versions b/c of the randomness that they drop in. If you can get it, it is obvious that you will want the higher itlvl.

Slot Equipment Source
Head Headpiece of the Shattered Vale (4pc T16) Thok the Bloodthirsty
Neck Immerseus' Crystalline Eye Immerseus
Shoulders Shoulderguards of the Righteous Stand General Nazgrim
Back Fen-Yu, Fury of Xuen Quest Chain
Chest Raiment of the Shattered Vale (4p T16) Sha of Pride
Wrists Bomber's Blackened Wristwatch Seigecrafter Blackfuse
Hands Grips of the Shattered Vale (4p T16) General Nazgrim
Waist Cord of Black Dreams Garrosh Hellscream
Legs Legguards of the Shattered Vale (4p T16) Paragons of the Klaxxi
Feet Pandaren Roofsprinters Spoils of Pandaria
Ring Ring of Restless Energy Malkorok
Ring Kil'ruk's Band of Ascendancy Paragon's of the Klaxxi
Trinket Rune of Re-Origination Lei Shen
Trinket Assurance of Consequence Sha of Pride
Main Hand Kor'kron Spire of Supremacy Garrosh Hellscream

Exalted

Postby raffy » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:27 pm

Spoiler: show
-99328 +8 >ch :95346 :76692 # Head: [574] Headpiece of the Shattered Vale
-104411 +8 >me # Neck: [574] Immerseus' Crystalline Eye
-104555 +8 >mh :76666 :76666 "Greater Tiger Claw Inscription"# Shoulder: [574] Shoulderguards of the Righteous Stand
-102248 +8 >mh :76692 "Superior Critical Strike" # Back: [608] Fen-Yu, Fury of Xuen
-99326 +8 >mh :76692 :76692 :76692 "Glorious Stats" # Chest: [574] Raiment of the Shattered Vale
-104620 +8 >me "Greater Agility" # Wrist: [574] Bomber's Blackened Wristwatch
-99327 +8 >ce :76692 :76692 "Super Expertise" # Hands: [574] Grips of the Shattered Vale
-104639 +8 >ce :76692 :76658 :76692 Socket # Waist: [574] Cord of Black Dreams
-99329 +8 >ce :76658 :76670 "Shadowleather Leg Armor" # Legs: [574] Legguards of the Shattered Vale
-104586 +8 >mc :76680 "Blurred Speed" # Feet: [574] Pandaren Roofsprinters
-104562 +8 >mh :76692 # Finger 1: [574] Ring of Restless Energy
-104628 +8 :76692 # Finger 2: [574] Kil'ruk's Band of Ascendancy
96918 +8 # Trinket 1: [549] Rune of Re-Origination
-104476 +8 # Trinket 2: [574] Assurance of Consequence
-104638 +8 >ct :76692 "Dancing Steel" # Main Hand: [574] Kor'kron Spire of Supremacy
Last edited by raffy on Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:51 pm

The items Paloro posted are the same as I was using for normal BiS, except for the weapon because it didn't exist when I assembled the set.

It's worth noting that the Hellscream weapons are 8 item levels above everything else in the instance and cannot be upgraded, presumably because they don't have the tech for item upgrades + heirloom item scaling to work together, or they just wanted to prevent people with alts being able to use them to upgrade it for their mains.

Obviously the other weapons in the instance are going to be a lot more accessible, but from a BiS standpoint why would you chose the Kor'kron Spire over Hellscream's Pig Sticker?

Edit: There's no warforged version of the Pig Sticker, so if you can get a Warforged anything else it would be better (given you can spend the 500 VP to upgrade it of course).

PS: Note that you won't be able to get a Fen-Yu until the beginning of the 4th lockout, not that it matters much since it has no stats on it anyway.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:09 pm

Stormlash also hits ~9% (3.6/3.3) harder with the Pig Sticker :)

Exalted

Postby Stenhaldi » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:32 pm

When you consider warforged gear, the Dark Shaman legs end up being slightly better than Nazgrim shoulders (since leg is a higher budget slot). It picks up expertise (from tier shoulders) and hit (from blue sockets), though. In any case, since socket counts and socket bonuses are now normalized for most slots, the differences between non-trinket items are really marginal -- the largest stat differences arise from the way the two secondary stats are allocated (more even allocation allows slightly more total budget).

PS: Note that you won't be able to get a Fen-Yu until the beginning of the 4th lockout, not that it matters much since it has no stats on it anyway.
You can get it right away. You just have to beat all four celestials (only the first gives loot but the rest still give quest credit).

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:44 pm

Stenhaldi wrote:When you consider warforged gear, the Dark Shaman legs end up being slightly better than Nazgrim shoulders (since leg is a higher budget slot). It picks up expertise (from tier shoulders) and hit (from blue sockets), though. In any case, since socket counts and socket bonuses are now normalized for most slots, the differences between non-trinket items are really marginal -- the largest stat differences arise from the way the two secondary stats are allocated (more even allocation allows slightly more total budget).

And that only applies to Warforged and not upgrades, correct?

Stenhaldi wrote:You can get it right away. You just have to beat all four celestials (only the first gives loot but the rest still give quest credit).

Ah, ok. The tweets weren't exactly the clearest, good to know.

Exalted

Postby Stenhaldi » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:04 pm

aggixx wrote:And that only applies to Warforged and not upgrades, correct?

Which part? The warforged remark was just referring to offpiece selection -- since set pieces can't be warforged, a warforged offpiece replaces an item 6 levels lower, so you can gain stats by picking a high budget slot (helm, chest, legs) for the offpiece (but even then, only the Dark Shaman legs end up giving more total stats than the Nazgrim shoulders).

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:07 pm

Stenhaldi wrote:
aggixx wrote:And that only applies to Warforged and not upgrades, correct?

Which part? The warforged remark was just referring to offpiece selection -- since set pieces can't be warforged, a warforged offpiece replaces an item 6 levels lower, so you can gain stats by picking a high budget slot (helm, chest, legs) for the offpiece (but even then, only the Dark Shaman legs end up giving more total stats than the Nazgrim shoulders).

Ah, gotcha, wasn't clear on that. I thought you were saying that it was a quirk with item scaling that a higher budgeted item scaled proportionately faster, or something.

So here's what it's looking like for a "finalized" BiS list. This should apply to both normal and heroic (and probably Flex and LFR aside from there being no Warforged gear).

Edit: List has been moved to here (I don't want to have to maintain two copies of it):
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1883&p=11176#p11168
Last edited by aggixx on Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Azarri » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:11 pm

I'm sure this has been linked somewhere before but I figured I would ask in this thread. At this stage I have one more Lei Shen (H) kill left to try my luck at a heroic/thunderforged Rune, so my question is will the normal Rune of Re-origination 530 remain on top of the list over using a trinket combo of say Assurance of Consequence(H/HTF) and Ebon detonator(H/HTF)? Thanks in advance.

Next

Return to Kitty DPS