Register

Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide / FAQ

Face-rippin fun.

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide / FAQ (Under Construction!)

Postby kerplunk101 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:33 am

Would anybody know which trinket goes best with a 530 RoR? I have a 543 Rentakkis that I use along with it. I'm assuming that I would be replacing the Rentakkis since RoR(even 530 ilvl) is BiS?

Feedback would great, thanks.

Re: Talent & Trinket Analysis (w/ Stat Weights!)

Postby Spanja » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:57 am

aggixx wrote:Please post any suggestions you may have, I would love to hear them.

Maybe you can add a few lines on how to sim ourselves as you mention it several times in the first post for people who doesn't already know ;)

Revered

Re: Talent & Trinket Analysis (w/ Stat Weights!)

Postby Alpheus » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:15 am

Spanja wrote:
aggixx wrote:Please post any suggestions you may have, I would love to hear them.

Maybe you can add a few lines on how to sim ourselves as you mention it several times in the first post for people who doesn't already know ;)

If you click on the image it will take you directly to the SimC report where you can drill down to every parse's profile, which is what you paste into your own SimC to run it (assuming you have a vague idea of how to use SimC in general).

Postby Triplebuses » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:44 am

Hi,

Maybe a little off-topic, but I would appreciate to read more contributions from our finest Feral DPS in the Raid Strategies section of this forum !

Tri.

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:07 pm

Triplebuses wrote:Hi,

Maybe a little off-topic, but I would appreciate to read more contributions from our finest Feral DPS in the Raid Strategies section of this forum !

Tri.

It's a bit early for that. Most finest ferals will clear normal on week one and then go to heroics. Judging by last tier's updates it's gonna take a couple weeks to get to know all encounters.

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:30 am

Did anyone on live test if FoN + DoC still works?

Postby DomGF » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:35 pm

Do you guys think is better to swap from Heroic Tier towards 2piece Tier16? Do you think we should allow other classes like rogues gear up before? Or should we actally rush the 2piece and eventually the 4th?

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:31 am

As long as you don't have AoC, it should be a clear gain to switch from 4p to 2p+2p (normal mode). If you do it's a lot more complicated.

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide / FAQ

Postby Димонтий » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:08 am

aggixx wrote: Frequently Asked Questions

What's changed in patch 5.4?

If you're interested in specifics, check out these simulation results:
549 in BiS, 543 in BiS, 536 in BiS, 530/536/543 in normal mode

Force of Nature will not be better Soul of the Forest?

Honored

Postby cg1351 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:32 am

Alpheus wrote:Did anyone on live test if FoN + DoC still works?

Still works for the rake damage, doesnt effect melees(this it was like that on ptr too).

Postby Zstriker » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:03 pm

If you have a 536 or less Rune of Re-Origination, you'll likely want to replace Rune once you have 2 Siege of Orgrimmar trinkets. Again, if you want to be sure when you should or shouldn't replace Rune, you'll have to sim it for yourself, I can't possibly sim every combination of trinkets and gear.

I have 536 one, but I don't see it need to be replaced, it's procing rate quite good
is ~200 agility compared to hc version, make it so worse compare to SoO trinkets? or difference is really really low, but still those are ahead

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:08 pm

Zstriker wrote:
If you have a 536 or less Rune of Re-Origination, you'll likely want to replace Rune once you have 2 Siege of Orgrimmar trinkets. Again, if you want to be sure when you should or shouldn't replace Rune, you'll have to sim it for yourself, I can't possibly sim every combination of trinkets and gear.

I have 536 one, but I don't see it need to be replaced, it's procing rate quite good
is ~200 agility compared to hc version, make it so worse compare to SoO trinkets? or difference is really really low, but still those are ahead

Rune's proc chance increases with its item level. Further, because of recent RPPM changes the HC TF one is guaranteed to proc on the pull while others aren't.

Revered

Postby Stenhaldi » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:21 pm

Just noting that RPPM mechanics are not working exactly the way Blizzard described them, and in fact, every RPPM effect procs within short order after the pull. Even UVLS, which shouldn't see its first proc until (on average) about a minute in, almost always procs within 10 seconds.

I don't know exactly what's going on. My best guess is that the "time since last chance to proc" is not resetting at all until after the first proc, but it would take way more time than I have right now to properly study this.

Postby Zstriker » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:58 pm

Alpheus wrote:
Zstriker wrote:

Rune's proc chance increases with its item level. Further, because of recent RPPM changes the HC TF one is guaranteed to proc on the pull while others aren't.

ye but I see it proc really often, almost every 20sec , sometimes 2x times in row,
and I don't want it to be proced all the time, need some recovery for energy
I guess ye new rppm is kinda bugged

Postby Kroníc » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:29 pm

Is anyone feeling like their energy regen is low or acting weird? I'm noticing I not able to keep dots up on 2 targets this tier like I could last tier.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:25 pm

If you are proc'ing Rune as much as seems to be happening you will be ending up with less over all energy. Also if you swapped to FoN you will not be getting the SotF energy refunds.

Postby Kroníc » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:31 pm

That would explain it. Thanks.

Postby Azarri » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:53 am

I will admit even when Rune hasn't procced for a decent period of time I do feel like energy regen seems slower, I'm running SotF and HotW. Maybe it's just me, if it is due to Rune I really can't wait to replace it...

Postby Zstriker » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:42 am

Azarri wrote:I will admit even when Rune hasn't procced for a decent period of time I do feel like energy regen seems slower, I'm running SotF and HotW. Maybe it's just me, if it is due to Rune I really can't wait to replace it...

I don't with same talents,
as I said before I have normal thunderforged ror procing alot thats the only reason I starve on energy sometimes
also there lots of encounters with adds that need switching with low hp which ferals suck on

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:20 am

Since it turns out Ghostcrawler was wrong and the heirloom weapons are not upgradable, I've adjusted the BiS list to include Halberd of Inner Shadows once again.

Postby Ayleena » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:34 pm

I dont have RoR, don't really feel like going back into normal or LFR to get one (it never dropped), and probably not going to do it on heroic. Should I be perfectly content to get the 553 (561) normal SoO trinkets?

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:20 pm

Yeah there's nothing wrong with SoO trinkets, especially if you have no interest in going back and doing Heroic Lei Shen. Even a 549 Rune is only about 1% better than the alternatives.

PS: I hope to get the rest of the guide complete (or at least close to) sometime this weekend, school + new content progression has been keeping me pretty busy.

Postby Ayleena » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:43 pm

That's good to hear. RoR sounds like a pretty fun trinket, but at least never have to worry about min/maxing my stats to make it work properly.

Postby Primalgore » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:20 am

Hey, my Shado-Pan assault rep trinket is actually simming ahead of my raid-finder RoR in most cases on Simulationcraft, and I won't be in a raid environment for a few days to test them out and see how they go, do you think it's worth sticking with the sims and replacing the raid-finder RoR for the Shao-Pan assault one? or should I just hold my horses and keep the raid finder RoR until I can get my hands on a SoO trinket? Cheers

edit: majority of the sims I've been running FoN & DoC

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:32 am

Primalgore wrote:Hey, my Shado-Pan assault rep trinket is actually simming ahead of my raid-finder RoR in most cases on Simulationcraft, and I won't be in a raid environment for a few days to test them out and see how they go, do you think it's worth sticking with the sims and replacing the raid-finder RoR for the Shao-Pan assault one? or should I just hold my horses and keep the raid finder RoR until I can get my hands on a SoO trinket? Cheers

edit: majority of the sims I've been running FoN & DoC

Have you done full reforge for RoR when you did the sims?

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS