Register

Are we happy with 5.4?

Face-rippin fun.
Revered

Are we happy with 5.4?

Postby Tremnen » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:41 am

All I know is this before the patch drop I was ~10 on our DPS charts and now post patch I am floating around 1-4 on most pulls. Alot of that is gear. I got a weapon off immerseus replacing my normal mode darkwood staff, but I am also largely ignoring some of the new talent changes. I am running HOTW/SotF(I'd prefer to concentrate on new mechanics over new rotations while the tier is still new).

Anyone else notice a spike in damage increase? Or is new Rentaki just that good for us now? Also i never heard a confirmation on this, I know for Monks Tiger Eye Brew increases the damage that their legendary cape does. Is that true for us with Savage Roar?

Re: Are we happy with 5.4?

Postby Caranhir » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:34 am

Apart from dying constantly on the new island like I did around level 10 in Darkshore its great.

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:05 am

It's too early for me to say. I'm new to the SoO fights and when I'm learning fights, my dps is always lower because I'm paying more attention to surviving and might make more mistakes than usual. So far, not much has changed.
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Honored

Postby cg1351 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:18 am

I've noticed the total opposite.. There are rarely any single target fights at all and alot of switching i went from top 3 to top 10~ might be due to the fact everyone is rocking legendary back and i aint even got the 600 ilvl one yet but i think it's probably due to the fact hunters are now retarded and dks got a big buff and can cleave like mad.

Mmm maybe i exxagerated a little i'm like 4-9 depending on the fight but ive checked the damage done by everyones legendaries and it's doing more then the difference between me and said people above me :( guess it aint that bad. Still hate fights like the second boss with all the shitty switching.
Last edited by cg1351 on Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Revered

Postby Tremnen » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:43 am

cg1351 wrote:I've noticed the total opposite.. There are rarely any single target fights at all and alot of switching i went from top 3 to top 10~ might be due to the fact everyone is rocking legendary back and i aint even got the 600 ilvl one yet but i think it's probably due to the fact hunters are now retarded and dks got a big buff and can cleave like mad.

which fights?

even before i equipped any of my new drops (curse you RoRo! I cant reliably equip new drops on the fly) I was doing more damage than I ever had on Iron Juggernaut. Maybe its just unique raid strats? My group is 25 so we do a lot of let ranged deal with adds and let melee just sit on the boss. Seige crafter for me was DPS boss and use vortex/mass entangle to keep back the mines. we even had ranged do all the conveyor belts because some melee we had doing it were falling off the end if dps was poor or missing the jump back (entirely their fault).

Thokk sucked to reduce raid damage we kept him in P2 for as long as possible so ranged could do more damage (this kills the melee dps :/) but I still pulled a respectible 8th. Next time I will take warlock sym to take my bleeds on the jailor and throw them onto thokk during P2. I did HotW wrath spam during 1 phase 2 though.

Malkorok I raped the meters but its a stand still and dps fight really for mellee. Nazgrim ranged + 1 frost DK dealt with all adds so it was a single target dps for me again. Oozes on Dark shaman were a pain in the ass but I was doing tons of damage because I find we can keep up 2 rips / 2 rakes fairly easily on this fight after the dogs die. we actually ran into some trouble because we didnt clear the Auction house trash first and ended up pulling like 12 grunts into the raid mid fight on the boss. It was hilarious. We didnt wipe but a good 10 people died by the end.

Honored

Postby Cetlysm » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:01 pm

I feel like we're getting carried hardcore by our trinkets right now (H RoRo), and I'm afraid of a rppm change that will nerf it.
Most fights I've seen actually favor burst aoe, or nice rake and thrashable next to boss stuff.

Revered

Postby Tremnen » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:03 pm

Cetlysm wrote:I feel like we're getting carried hardcore by our trinkets right now (H RoRo), and I'm afraid of a rppm change that will nerf it.
Most fights I've seen actually favor burst aoe, or nice rake and thrashable next to boss stuff.

i only have a normal RoRo and I am coming out of t15 with far from BIS.

Honored

Postby cg1351 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:28 pm

Tremnen wrote:
Cetlysm wrote:I feel like we're getting carried hardcore by our trinkets right now (H RoRo), and I'm afraid of a rppm change that will nerf it.

i only have a normal RoRo and I am coming out of t15 with far from BIS.

Same left 5.3 with 538ilvl and normal upgraded rune.

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:07 pm

cg1351 wrote:I've noticed the total opposite.. There are rarely any single target fights at all and alot of switching i went from top 3 to top 10~ might be due to the fact everyone is rocking legendary back and i aint even got the 600 ilvl one yet but i think it's probably due to the fact hunters are now retarded and dks got a big buff and can cleave like mad.

Mmm maybe i exxagerated a little i'm like 4-9 depending on the fight but ive checked the damage done by everyones legendaries and it's doing more then the difference between me and said people above me :( guess it aint that bad. Still hate fights like the second boss with all the shitty switching.

Pretty much the same. Although I didn't have WA or a working DF for Wednesday and I was experimenting a bit with talents, still on the fights I played pretty well I was still someway mid-tier.

Postby Kroníc » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:43 pm

Considering its just the first week, I wouldn't expect us to be on top for long. I find my single target dps to be fine while multi-targeting to somewhat lacking with so much RoR procs causing lower energy regen to keep multiple bleeds on targets. Overall, I am enjoying SoO and can't wait for 4p+ AoC.
Last edited by Kroníc on Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Honored

Postby cg1351 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:47 pm

Yeh i think im disliking the patch just because i aint got my legendar cloak which is massive dps it seems i was at 228k single target and a warrior was at 246k and the damage done by his cloak was more then the difference between our damage done.. i think we can still be competitive we're just gonna need aoc and new tier to do it and as per usual we just gota play very well to produce the right numbers.

That and the shitty proc for ps that i can't get rid off without losing ooc :(

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:54 pm

Eh I wouldn't get to excited about the cloak. The proc for me makes up less then 5% of my overall damage. Usually its about 3%. It's free damage, but we don't nearly see the benefit that other classes do.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:20 pm

While are cloak proc is 2.26 RPPM (compared to most @ 2.7), our proc benefits from SR and TF. I haven't actually seen other classes cloak %'s yet, but ours should be rather strong.

What classes seem to be getting excess value from it?

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:22 pm

I know our warrior was seeing up to 10% of his damage coming from the cloak proc on a few of the fights.

Revered

Postby ShmooDude » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:26 pm

raffy wrote:While are cloak proc is 2.26 RPPM (compared to most @ 2.7), our proc benefits from SR and TF. I haven't actually seen other classes cloak %'s yet, but ours should be rather strong.

What classes seem to be getting excess value from it?

it is? mines 2.72 or is that number inaccurate. I think its the hunter cloak that's 2.26

Tinderhoof wrote:I know our warrior was seeing up to 10% of his damage coming from the cloak proc on a few of the fights.

Yeah, its an AoE cloak, not a single target cloak. I get about 4-5% single target and way more than that on anything where you can hit multiple targets at once (which is probably over half the fights).

EDIT: Also, what kind of numbers are your warriors pulling. Due to the nature of the proc, the more DPS you do (ie the better you are at your rotation) the less of your damage the cloak proc will make up. The cloak will do the same damage (assuming same time on target) auto attacking vs a full rotation.

Honored

Postby cg1351 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:39 pm

5% when you're doing these sort of numbers is still a decent dps gain :P Anyone know the range on the cleave of it?

Exalted

Postby raffy » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:00 pm

ShmooDude wrote:it is? mines 2.72 or is that number inaccurate. I think its the hunter cloak that's 2.26

The cloak's RPPM benefits from haste, and in-game tooltips show Hasted RPPM not Base RPPM.

Postby Tyvona » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:52 am

I'm finding the loss of NS rather depressing for buffing Rip for DoC, though we don't raid again until Sunday so we've only done one night (and that was to try out Flexi). DoC somehow just doesn't feel right without it. Too early to tell how I feel DPS wise, as this will change rapidly as I get (or rather, if I get) upgrades.

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:33 am

Tyvona wrote:I'm finding the loss of NS rather depressing for buffing Rip for DoC, though we don't raid again until Sunday so we've only done one night (and that was to try out Flexi). DoC somehow just doesn't feel right without it. Too early to tell how I feel DPS wise, as this will change rapidly as I get (or rather, if I get) upgrades.

The problem with DoC right now isn't the lack of NS, but the notion that "you have NS with 4set" which completely breaks the "gearing up" phase of early heroics where you do not have 4set and proper trinkets at your disposable yet. This also terribly wrecks Proving Grounds and Challenge Modes making HotW a more stable choice.

Return to Kitty DPS