Register

Force of Nature weakauras

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Force of Nature weakauras

Postby apoollon » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:09 am

I was messing around with weakauras last night and made this to track my treant chrages. Thought you guys might be interested. here goes:
http://pastebin.com/bUmCQUAN
It displays a tiny FoN icon for @ charge you have and a recharge bar.
Have fun with it

Honored

Re: Force of Nature weakauras

Postby cg1351 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:26 pm

Love this :) thanks man

Postby Trolloid » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:36 am

hello
nice config there, but not quite what i was looking for.
i'm looking to set weakauras so i can see my treats duration, so i dont use another charge while one is up (and therefore waste it).

its not an aura so idk how to set it.
could you give me some tips as for how to do it or just do it and give me a link?

cheers

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:53 am

Trolloid wrote:hello
nice config there, but not quite what i was looking for.
i'm looking to set weakauras so i can see my treats duration, so i dont use another charge while one is up (and therefore waste it).

its not an aura so idk how to set it.
could you give me some tips as for how to do it or just do it and give me a link?

cheers

You don't waste charges by summoning several at a time. I take it this is for PvP then to trigger the roots?

Postby Trolloid » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:37 am

i dont want to summon several at ones, thats why i want a timer to show me when one ends so i can pop up a new one

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:52 am

Trolloid wrote:i dont want to summon several at ones, thats why i want a timer to show me when one ends so i can pop up a new one

Nevermind, /troll.

Postby Trolloid » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:59 am

i'd really appreciate any help

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:04 am

Trolloid wrote:i'd really appreciate any help

Just duplicate the FoN bar in this weakaura and set it to 15 seconds. That's gonna do exactly what you want.

Postby Trolloid » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:46 am

where do i set the time in your code? all i can see is "if"s and functions with nothing about time there.

Honored

Postby Cetlysm » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:07 am

Don't want to start a new post just for a simple question.
Is there a way to track the reminding rip extension thingy via addons like TellMeWhen or WA?
Like Doodfocus does
ImageImage

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:41 am

No, there isn't. The way DroodFocus does it is complicated as well. You basically have to keep a counter of how many shreds/mangles/ravages have hit the target since your Rip application and reset that counter every time you apply a new rip. If you want this to work in multi-target situations it also means you have to maintain a list of targets and have individual counters for each target.

Exalted

Postby Stenhaldi » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:29 am

This is what I wrote a while back for rip extensions in Weakauras: http://pastebin.com/90JFK9h7

Blizzard's implementation for rip extension is actually simpler than you might think. You don't need to track multiple targets. The counter resets when you cast a rip (or refresh a rip with ferocious bite), and increments each time you extend any rip, capping at 3 extensions.

So for example, if you cast a rip on one target, extend it 3 times, and then cast a rip on another target, you can switch back to the original target and extend the first rip another 3 times. Conversely, if you cast two rips and then extend one of them 3 times, you won't be able to extend the other rip at all.

Honored

Postby Cetlysm » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:01 am

Yep it works awesome, and nice to know that about rip, can't think of any fight right now but do you think its worth doing 1 cp rips on a secondary target that doesn't need to die, just to keep extending a beast rip until 25%?
Or at least extend it, don't think you can keep it forever.
ImageImage

Postby Oronare » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:30 am

http://pastebin.com/QHJupvfR - 20 second timer bar for tree CD

http://pastebin.com/iaqYVd43 - 3 bars group, showing the individual charges.

This is how I have mine lined up on my UI;

I took the string data from someone elses, but i didn't like the charges being tree icons, so I made my own out of progress bars to better fit my UI...if anyone wants to use mine =)

if I messed up the export strings let me know, and I'll pastebin each individual 'charge' not just the group.

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:58 am

Stenhaldi wrote:This is what I wrote a while back for rip extensions in Weakauras: http://pastebin.com/90JFK9h7

Blizzard's implementation for rip extension is actually simpler than you might think. You don't need to track multiple targets. The counter resets when you cast a rip (or refresh a rip with ferocious bite), and increments each time you extend any rip, capping at 3 extensions.

So for example, if you cast a rip on one target, extend it 3 times, and then cast a rip on another target, you can switch back to the original target and extend the first rip another 3 times. Conversely, if you cast two rips and then extend one of them 3 times, you won't be able to extend the other rip at all.

One more thing here, the extension "charges" are player-based so if you put up 2 rips without extending either then you can only extend either rip three times, you cannot get 6 extensions for both (ie. you can extend 3-0, 2-1, 1-1)

Honored

Postby Grenache » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:31 pm

Thanks so much for the FoN aura...Since I have the RoR trinket and am using HotW I decided to try the Talent and its a lot of fun. I tweaked your aura a bit because those fon icons are quite small and get lost in the background easily. I put the 3 charges directly above my RoR proc bar so I can spam it with 2 secs left on the proc quite well. I also added a sound warning on the 3rd charge so if Rune hasn't proc'd I just waste one so I'm never just sitting on 3 charges. My other trinket is the AoC one so this has no benefit with FoN.

Let me know if anyone wants me to post my setup.

Honored

Postby Zstriker » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:41 am

kinda useless for pve,
you see ror proc u spam it 3 times

Postby Ptah » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:59 am

Zstriker wrote:kinda useless for pve,
you see ror proc u spam it 3 times

You should not sit on 3 charges waiting for RoR proc... So the WAs posted here are far from useless.. Thanks for sharing them!

AsgardFM wrote:
Blyth wrote:How do you even play FoN? Pop all 3 Treants @ Pull (with all trinket proccs and TF up) and use 1 Treant as soon as you have 3 Charges and save ~2 for a RoRo procc?

I think the idea is to never let yourself get to three charges (prevents wasted DPS) but to spam as many as you have within the last 2-3 seconds of a Rune proc. Their stats dynamically update with yours (so after Rune ends their crit/haste return to standard levels) but the Rake is cast on spawn and remains at the same damage.

Postby Robosaurus » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:23 pm

Actually to use FoN properly, you get Catus FoN stats and then distribute something like this:
See link:
http://i.imgur.com/0SIWjiO.png
Get rid of "Potion buffs" to make it simpler (As potion is only 50s of each fight, and you can adjust for this mentally)

Go to Catus, FoN stats. Copy paste into text file.
To import into excel, use Data -> from text file -> split columns

Roughly divide it into 3 sections as shown in my jpg (Dump, stay@1 stack, stay@2stacks)
You will need to take into account ICD of trinkets in your split (if one of your trinkets has a longer icd trinket you will have to use a 40/40/20 split)

You can make a group of 4-5 PowerAuras if you're an engineer (less if you're not engineer).
I have it set up so in my periphery vision there's a red color for dump, and green color for reduce to 1 stack.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:53 pm

I'll include Potion under the temporary umbrella in the next update so it can disabled (along with the other raid cooldowns) via "Include Temporary Effects" checkbox.

Honored

Postby Grenache » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:17 pm

That's an impressive post Robo. I hadn't realised that Dancing Steel or Assurance of Consequence (for e.g) would have much impact but your spreadsheet maps it out.

For now whilst I get used to it I will just focus on Rune procs and worry about the not letting myself sit on 3 stacks half the time.

A bit like how I will leave DoC to the experts too. Sheesh I see you run both....don't know how you do do it. Kudos.

Revered

Postby Tremnen » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:14 am

Grenache wrote:That's an impressive post Robo. I hadn't realised that Dancing Steel or Assurance of Consequence (for e.g) would have much impact but your spreadsheet maps it out.

For now whilst I get used to it I will just focus on Rune procs and worry about the not letting myself sit on 3 stacks half the time.

A bit like how I will leave DoC to the experts too. Sheesh I see you run both....don't know how you do do it. Kudos.

try hards :P

Return to Kitty DPS