Register

Rune Uptimes

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Revered

Rune Uptimes

Postby Steakbomb » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:29 pm

So 5.4 obviously changed around Rune proc rates as it took away the ICD and changed the proc rates to be based on the ilvl.

The problem I see is the proc rates are very inconsistent between fights now. Now these uptimes are based on my personal Skada logs as WoL is broken for SoO at the moment. In SoO last night on MalKorok I had a 13.4% uptime for Rune. On Thok the Bloodthirsty I had 38.3% uptime on 1 attempt and 19.2% on another attempt.

With Rune being up that much, it doesn't seem very beneficial to us. The problem I had was during Thok I had both trinkets proc and got a Rip, Rake, and Trash off with Rune + ~7-9 stacks of Renetaki's and then after Rene's was gone I got 3 more Rune procs back to back. 1 of them went totally unused as I had big bleeds on the target and then I ended up just overwriting a big bleed with a Rune only bleed as it was about to run out in ~5 seconds and I wanted to take advantage of the proc.

Anyone else have weird uptimes like this?

Also; this is with a ilvl 530 Rune

Revered

Re: Rune Uptimes

Postby Alpheus » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:32 pm

Exalted

Postby raffy » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:31 pm

Steakbomb in Catus w/Standard Patchwerk
Uptime: Rune of Re-Origination<530>
Min: 8% / Median: 22% / Max: 51%

I believe those humps on the left side are quantizations of the percentage of procs that occur back to back. Right as you come out of an RPPM ICD, your TimeSinceLast is maximized, so your next proc opportunity has a significantly higher proc chance.

Edit: I broke up the uptime distribution based on % of procs that were adjacent:

Honored

Postby cg1351 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:11 pm

Yeh most of the time it feels like it procs alot more often, like yourself i've had 4-5 procs back to back and it just feels so useless. Then you get to around 25-30% boss health and you don't see it proc for the rest of the fight :(

Honored

Postby Etapicx » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:32 am

I also have 530, and i haven't played so much but i did ToT hc yday and heck i even had Rune procs overwriting dafuq? Or i'm pretty sure they did or i had some serious lag lol :P

Honored

Postby mekell » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:01 am

I just have the LFR rune and i feel like something is really different. I dont feel like its really proccing any more, but energy regen seems really really bad at the moment. Is it possible they introduced a bug with energy regen and we are perhaps incorrectly basing it on increased (back to back) procs of rune?

Return to Kitty DPS