Register

SoO - Iron Juggernaut 6/14

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Exalted

SoO - Iron Juggernaut 6/14

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:25 pm

This topic is for discussing Feral DPS tactics, monk tactics and/or general raid strategies for the Iron Juggernaut encounter.

Please feel free to post tips, tricks, videos or ask questions. I will do my best to keep the top post updated with information as it arrives.

When discussing, please mention raid size (10/25) and difficulty (normal/heroic).

Exalted

Re: SoO - Iron Juggernaut 6/14

Postby aggixx » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:46 pm

I feel like if you don't use Wild Charge on this fight you're doing it so, so wrong. It's off CD for every Shock Pulse (his AoE knockback) letting you get back on him within 0.5 seconds of getting knocked back.

More or less one target tunneling so I went with DoC for the damage. If you're running HotW you probably couldn't wrath spam even if you wanted to because of all the shit to move out of and the knockbacks.

Mines can be soaked with Dispersion, Divine Shield, Barkskin + SI, and probably Barkskin + MoU as well, although we found coordinating soakers for these in 25N was a joke so don't worry about getting one unless it looks like you need to. We pretty much ended up soaking every single mine on every wave with very little coordination in assignments.

Postby mystidruid » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:21 am

On 25N, I soaked any that came near melee. Simple bear form + barskin was more than enough. The mines are physical damage, so swapping to bear form for another 15-20% reduction + added health was nice.

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:40 am

Tempted to use DoC + FoN here next week. Tunneling a boss and pretty much no downtime sounds like a great patchwerk-like fight for benchmarking.

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:15 am

aggixx wrote:I feel like if you don't use Wild Charge on this fight you're doing it so, so wrong. It's off CD for every Shock Pulse (his AoE knockback) letting you get back on him within 0.5 seconds of getting knocked back.

Do you mean you Charge while you're still flying backwards? Because that didn't seem to work for me (maybe I'm just laggy), I was knocked back way too fast. Later on we positioned him close to the wall/fence so it wasn't an issue, but I don't think I got to use Wild Charge once (I was too close to him then), much to my disappointment.
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:28 am

Sibylle wrote:
aggixx wrote:I feel like if you don't use Wild Charge on this fight you're doing it so, so wrong. It's off CD for every Shock Pulse (his AoE knockback) letting you get back on him within 0.5 seconds of getting knocked back.

Do you mean you Charge while you're still flying backwards? Because that didn't seem to work for me (maybe I'm just laggy), I was knocked back way too fast. Later on we positioned him close to the wall/fence so it wasn't an issue, but I don't think I got to use Wild Charge once (I was too close to him then), much to my disappointment.

But you can use displacer beast for the same (just make sure you're not inside a GCD when the knockback hits). It will stop you mid-air or even propel you back forward (depending on how far from the ground you are).

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:01 am

Oh it's not a problem, I was always back at the boss in under a second because we were so close to the wall. As a matter of fact, I did really well, as my performances go :) I was just curious because Aggixx mentioned Wild Charge.
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Exalted

Postby Stenhaldi » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:43 am

Yeah, you can Wild Charge while flying back if you do it fast enough. Displacer Beast's cooldown is too long to cover every shock blast, though it can still cover two of the three (so you could cover the third with glider or divine shield).

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:22 am

Stenhaldi wrote:Yeah, you can Wild Charge while flying back if you do it fast enough. Displacer Beast's cooldown is too long to cover every shock blast, though it can still cover two of the three (so you could cover the third with glider or divine shield).

What about monk symbiosis? I know skull bash doesn't work, maybe the monk one doesn't either?

Postby Athen » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:32 am

Has anyone tested if it's worth soaking 3-5 ignire armor stacks for vengeance. I know some healer will cry if you do so i just want to know if it is a dps increase if you do it let's say after your burst in the beginning. Not at the end so you don't waste a strong rip.

And when i do so i would also soak the first stack in catform and start Hotw on stack 2 to start with more vengeance.

Honored

Postby mekell » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:46 pm

Do you mean as a guardian spec? I suppose it couldnt hurt assuming your healers can deal with it and you are struggling with the enrage timer.

edit: Now that i think about it, i dont think vengence works after you shift out of bear form

Postby Karlzone » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:23 am

Vengeance goes away once you enter cat form. However I am pretty sure I saw a log somewhere, where the feral was HotW and tanking juggernaut in the very end. This lead to incredible dps.
While this may do higher average dps I doubt it's worth losing good trinket procs on (which you need pretty much all the time for ranking well on this fight).

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:02 pm

Yes, he was talking about HotW Bear Form, not guardian. Should be a gain as long as you go in with a full set of bleeds (and don't do it during execute). I guess you don't know until you try it and find out though, let us know how it goes if you do!

Exalted

Postby Stenhaldi » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:08 pm

Yeah at one point I was thinking of trying to estimate how much vengeance you needed for bear form to surpass cat form, but I lost interest (I barely play feral these days anyway). Probably would have been a useful thing to know at the start of the tier though.

Postby bos » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:52 pm

For heroic, go heart of the wild. You can be a healer during one of the two "run away like pansies" phases.

Return to Boss Archives