Register

Question about T16 2p bonus

Face-rippin fun.

Question about T16 2p bonus

Postby Rayanne » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:53 am

Hey, I was wondering how our spell priorities were with the new t16 2p. To be more specific, I'm currently running sotf/hotw, and I wanted to know if I should still be raking for cp(during rune procs) or should I be shredding if the 2p is up. Also on AoE, would it still be better to just spam thrash during rune procs or is swipe better if the 2p is up.

Revered

Re: Question about T16 2p bonus

Postby ShmooDude » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:10 pm

In my gear, Rake with a rune up is still just barely more damage than mangle with the set bonus and since shred is marginally more dpe its probably true for that too. As far as thrash vs swipe during aoe, I've never spammed Thrash. Its only marginally better instant damage and doesn't generate a combo point so in the long run I've always felt that its at best dps neutral, at worst a loss (if someone's got evidence to the contrary, I'd love to see it, got no problem admitting I could be wrong). With the 2 piece its no contest that you should swipe.

Revered

Postby Stenhaldi » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:12 pm

Considering just direct damage (per energy) with both Re-Origination and Feral Fury active, rake is better than mangle/shred (but it's pretty close) and swipe is better than thrash.

(These results held in both my T15 550 gear and my current 558 gear. They may not hold with every gear set, however.)

Exalted

Postby raffy » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:09 pm

In Catus, down near the bottom, there is a "Computable Statistics" section, which lets you generate damage modifier tables for various Cat abilities (Rake, Rip, Thrash, and FoN Rake.) It uses your current gear, talents, buff choices, etc.

The next step for this feature is adding Mangle/Shred and Swipe, and then offering an option that splices two tables together so you can compare "Mangle vs Rake" across a variety of modifiers. This will be in the next update.

Return to Kitty DPS