Register

Edgy/Raffy's Catus Thread (Not 6.0 Ready Yet)

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Re: Edgy/Raffy's Official Catus Thread

Postby Xig » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:15 pm

Thanks for all the work you put into this, but I was asking about Zephyrus (Monks) and not Catus (Druid) for 5.4.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:19 pm

Xig wrote:Thanks for all the work you put into this, but I was asking about Zephyrus (Monks) and not Catus (Druid) for 5.4.

Oh, haha, I'm blind. I had updated Zephyrus with the new reforger a few weeks ago but never released it. RoR use seemed dead and there didn't seem to be enough interest. Possibly I'll update it in a few days so it's working correctly in 5.4, but it doesn't look like Zephyrus has a future.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:44 pm

I've added fon_damage(t), fon_power(t), fon_mdps(t), and fon_cdf(p) and I found a bug with my lookahead code for Ramp procs, like Ebon and Renataki. I was only fading the entire effect if you projected beyond it's fade edge, instead of the number of ticks experienced during the lookahead. This made anything that involved Ebon act really stupid, especially when Ebon and Rena are ramping up and down at the same time. This also applied to my Rip and Rake stuff. Luckily, none of this has been used yet in a Catus release.

Edit: apparently my Renataki implementation is wrong, you get 1x Blades immediately.

Edit: I went through a few iterations of ideas with these FoN changes in mind.

First, I tried using the normal action list, with FoN as high priority, but I was having trouble triggering it properly while inside of gcd or pool_resource guard.

Next, I added a special off-gcd action list in my "simc" script which was kept separate and called far more frequently than the normal action list. This ended up slowing the simulator down by a good 3x, as the action list was being called every time the clock was advanced.

Ultimately, I ended up with this approach:

First, I scan the list of available procs to see if there are any Ramp Up mechanics (Renataki).
I record the largest frequency of Ramp Up effects (eg. Rena = 1sec.)

Every time your stats change...
- If a "Stats Changed" event is already scheduled, I do nothing.
- If no event has been scheduled, I schedule a "Stats Changed" event reaction time into the future.
- When the "Stats Changed" event fires, I consider using FoN
("Stats Changed" is basically a bucketed event)

Using FoN: require Cat/Bear, 1+ charges, and non-stealthed:
- If charges = 3, use immediately
- If encounter time remaining is under 20sec, use immediately
- If the damage performed by FoN Rake satisfies the automatically determined threshold...
1. I check FoN damage now
2. I check FoN damage in 500ms
3. If the damage doesn't decrease, I schedule a "Recheck FoN" event 500ms into the future
4. Otherwise, if a Ramp Up effect exists and it's frequency > 500ms, I check if FoN damage recovers by scanning up to 5sec into the future
5. If FoN damage does recover, I schedule a "Recheck FoN" event 500ms into the future
6. Otherwise, I burn all my FoN charges
- Every time I consider using FoN, I kill any existing "Recheck" events.

This solves a bunch problems:
1. Without any tweaks, FoN on the opener properly schedules itself reaction time after the first procs occur.
2. All FoN casts are executable by a human, they're always reaction time after a change
3. If you lose Dancing Steel (or a similarly weaker effect) during a Renataki ramp, it checks to see if it's worth waiting.
4. Doesn't slow down the simulator at all
5. Works optimally for all trinket types

The FoN Rake damage threshold is the 95% worst FoN Rake damage maximum over a sliding 60sec window.

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:52 am

Somehow, it won't recognise the latest gear and refuse to reforge it. If I try the reforging for Rune, I come out with wildly differing stats (over 1k more Mastery than Crit, although it does detect the Rune). I then downloaded the latest version, same problem.

*scratches head* Neither my cloak from the Timeless Isle, nor my new shoulders and tier chest are ever suggested to be reforged. Am I missing something?
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Exalted

Postby raffy » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:38 am

Sibylle wrote:Somehow, it won't recognise the latest gear and refuse to reforge it. If I try the reforging for Rune, I come out with wildly differing stats (over 1k more Mastery than Crit, although it does detect the Rune). I then downloaded the latest version, same problem.

*scratches head* Neither my cloak from the Timeless Isle, nor my new shoulders and tier chest are ever suggested to be reforged. Am I missing something?

Are you trying this right now? When you click Import, is it failing?
Your armory is bugged right now: http://us.battle.net/api/wow/character/exodar/Sibylle
Catus didn't have a good error guard for this scenario and just displays "null" in the error explanation :p

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:54 am

raffy wrote:
Sibylle wrote:Somehow, it won't recognise the latest gear and refuse to reforge it. If I try the reforging for Rune, I come out with wildly differing stats (over 1k more Mastery than Crit, although it does detect the Rune). I then downloaded the latest version, same problem.

Are you trying this right now? When you click Import, is it failing?
Your armory is bugged right now: http://us.battle.net/api/wow/character/exodar/Sibylle
Catus didn't have a good error guard for this scenario and just displays "null" in the error explanation :p

My armory seems to work, check it out (Sibylle is my rl name, my character is Tialy hehe):
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Tialy/advanced

Catus also gave me an error message that reforging for Warmsong Cloak of the Impatient wasn't possible, when it clearly is.

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it! Catus is a life saver when it comes to Rune :)
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Exalted

Postby raffy » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:10 am

Last week, when I added the 5.4 missing suffixes, I goofed a few of them. I thought I had applied a remote fix for this problem, but maybe it didn't work. Try quitting Catus, deleting your Cache folder (in the Catus directory) and restarting it. It sounds like some of your item data is out of date.

You import fine for me: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... -Tialy.png

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:48 am

Thanks, I'll try this as soon as I get home (it's 11am here and I'm in the office sneaking onto the forum ;) )!
-Sibylle

Exalted

Postby raffy » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:43 am

Released Catus (v18): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... Latest.zip
- fixed glyph import from armory
- fixed renataki proc (was mistakingly 11sec duration with 0 stack)
- 1:1:1 reforger considers missing gems a zero-change (for better minimization)
- ".react" moved to front edge (was rear edge)
- custom stat deltas (so you can add/subtract custom stats)
- added more food, flasks, elixirs
- maximum pool resource duration setting (default 500ms)
- debug messaging option for combat log generation
- smart FoN support (but no longer manually triggerable in the action list)
- support for "stats from spells" (pvp weapons, crystalized gems)
- fixed armory import with null data
- various bug fixes
- matched up with latest bis sims from aggixx

I'll write up a tutorial about how to do DPS comparisons tomorrow.

A cool Catus screenshot:

Postby qtcent » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:39 am

is version v18 bugged? it doesnt open for me and also for a friend of mine. it starts downloading but closes after it.

Postby Thbrius » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:49 am

Not working for me either it just loads and closes.

Postby Dissaray » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:22 am

I'm having the same problem as above for Catus v18

It closes after "Downloading Profile Icons".

Postby qtcent » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:55 am

can someone upload v17 please?

Honored

Postby Ekthelion » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:55 pm

same here (just to confirm)
Da Vuhdo iz wid'ya mon!

Postby Frozzenfire » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:55 pm

same as above v18 dosent open

Exalted

Postby raffy » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:45 pm

Oops, sorry. I didn't test this release on Windows and I had some Mac-specific code that was blowing up.
I've updated the v18 archive so please retry and let me know if it's fixed.

In the future, old Catus releases will be available here: http://raffy.antistupid.com/wow/catus_old/

Also, it looks like that borked v18 release didn't exit properly, so I'd recommend opening your Task Manager, and killing any idle "javaw.exe" applications.

Postby Frozzenfire » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:47 pm

just downloaded v18 again, and it works

Exalted

Postby raffy » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:50 pm

If you choose FoN, I'd recommend using "Internal Features > Retard FoN" which forces Treant/Rake from the front. Here is a combat log (with Debug Messages turned on) where you can see the FoN lookahead code at work:
Code: Select all
00:09.000 ~Renataki's Soul Charm<543>: +16220 Agility (10/10)
00:09.183 -GCD
00:09.183 -Dream of Cenarius (0/2)
00:09.183 @Boss   Thrash/Cat                         457678 Crit         +SR+DoC+TF+Agi(23790)+Mastery(33052)-Crit(8269)
00:09.183 @Boss   Stormlash#Thrash/Cat                64506 Crit         +Agi(23790)
00:09.183 -Clearcasting
00:09.250 FoN Projection: 67031 -> 67031
00:09.250 Event: Stat Changed <------------- reactionary event, +250ms (reaction time) after stats changed
00:09.250 FoN Projection: 67031 -> 67031
00:09.250 @Boss   Treant/Rake#3                       30587 Hit          +Agi(7272)+Mastery(33052)-Crit(8269)
00:09.252 @Boss   Flurry of Xuen#8                    27808 Hit          +SR+TF+Agi(23790)
00:09.552 @Boss   Flurry of Xuen#9                    27808 Hit          +SR+TF+Agi(23790)
00:09.552 @Boss   Stormlash#Flurry of Xuen            65463 Crit         +Agi(23790)
00:09.648 @Boss   Melee                               30101 Glance       +SR+TF+Agi(23790)
00:09.750 FoN Projection: 67031 -> 23432 <------------- rutroh, we're losing our buffs soon
00:09.750 +Treant#2 (1/3) @ Boss
00:09.750 @Boss   Treant/Rake#0                       45435 Hit          +Agi(23790)+Mastery(33052)-Crit(8269)
00:09.750 @Boss   Treant/Melee                        27764 Crit         
00:09.750 +Treant#3 (0/3) @ Boss
00:09.750 @Boss   Treant/Rake#0                       45435 Hit          +Agi(23790)+Mastery(33052)-Crit(8269)
00:09.750 @Boss   Treant/Melee                        13882 Hit         
00:09.852 @Boss   Flurry of Xuen#10                   66739 Crit         +SR+TF+Agi(23790)
00:09.852 @Boss   Stormlash#Flurry of Xuen            24810 Hit          +Agi(23790)
00:09.852 -Flurry of Xuen
00:09.898 @Boss   Treant/Melee                        27764 Crit         
00:10.000 -Renataki's Soul Charm<543> <------------- buff fades
00:10.000 -Rune of Re-Origination<543>

Custom Stats directly effect your Cat Stats, but do not change your reforging settings (which work based on your Gear.) However, adding Haste/Crit will screw with your 1:1:1 Mastery reforge. Possibly this isn't the correct place to add the stats, and instead it should work like the Mastery buff, where it contributes to your overall, but doesn't influencing Rune or similar effects.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:16 am

How to do simple DPS comparisons in Catus
Example: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4688#p19318
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/saurfang/Shandu/advanced

Right now I am using TF RoRo & N Haromm's Talisman (Both upgraded 2/2 though for some reason the armoury doesn't show Haromm's upgraded twice yet) and I am wondering, if AoC drops, which would be my best two choices?

Renataki's never dropped for me on Heroic, and the only other choice I have is the Timeless Xuen trinket (543) but I saw in that long list of 'best pairs' that Haromm's and Xuen are better together than Haromm's and TF RoRo? doesn't seem right :S

Standard import process
1. Launch Catus.
2. Realm menu: "EU", Character field: "Shandu", hit return (or Import button), hit return again (or click "Saurfang")
3. Check "Equipment" pane, no gear warnings, everything looks good.
4. Check "Reforge" pane, reforge looks good.
5. Check "Talents" pane, you're currently using SotF+DoC.
6. Let's setup buffs and stuff; I'd encourage you to choose the buffs that your raid has, especially if raid as a 10man and have incomplete coverage. If you're the only Bleed applier, don't check "Always Bleeding". If you're the only Faerie Fire applier, don't check "Always Weakened." If you don't use "300 Agi" food, don't use it. If you don't precast HT before pull as DoC, don't check the "Healing Touch" option. Many of the options provide tooltips regarding their use.
7. Check "Rotation" pane, do you swap between Shred and Mangle? Or just Mangle?
8. Check "Encounter" pane, for now, I'd recommend: "Standard Encounters > Reset to Defaults"
9. You're ready to simulate!

Simulator: Combat Log
Click "Generate Log", after a few seconds, this will open your default text editor with a textual Catus combat log.
1. Enable "Print Energy" to see energy updates
2. Enable "Debug Messages" to see more information and action logic

Simulator: Distribution
Click "Generate Distribution" to perform a repeated simulation. "Iterations" controls the number of simulations, a recommended number is 10K+. You can define a Maximum DPS Error, that if reached, will abort the simulation early. You can leave "Iterations" blank and just use this setting too. Desired DPS Error should be typically smaller than the difference you're trying to discern: 200 (or less) is probably appropriate for quick answers. After clicking "Generate Distribution", a separate window will pop up, with a progress bar, some buttons, and a text field. This text field lets you name the sim. There is a menu beside it, that lets you automatically choose a name for your sim from a list of suggestions. Once a sim is started, feel free to return to the main Catus window and start preparing another sim.

Steps to answer Shandu's question
Note: I use a standard starting Config, you can download it here; put it in your "Configs" folder inside Catus (you can do this while Catus is running), when you return to Catus, it should show up in the "Saved Configurations" menu in the "Configurations" pane.

1. Select "Sim Defaults" from Configurations menu.
2. Import "Shandu" (see above) and fix the Haromm's upgrade amount
3. Scroll down to "Simulator: Distribution" pane, set iterations to 10000, leave DPS error blank
4. Hit "Generate Distribution", when the sim window pops up, name it "Armory as-is" or choose "Trinkets" from name menu.
5. Go back to Catus, find "Equipment", click [x] over Haromm trinket, select "AoC" from trinket menu, upgrade it
6. Select "Reforge" > "Rune of Re-origination", click "Reforge"
7. Hit "control-D" (cmd-D if Mac) (this is the same as clicking "Generate Distribution") and select "Trinkets" again from name menu.
8. Go back to Catus's "Equipment" again, click [x] over Rune trinket, select "Haromm", upgrade it
9. Select "Reforge" > "Maximize Secondary", click "Reforge" (because you don't have a Rune!)
10. Hit "control-D" again, select "Trinkets" again.
11. Wait for all 3 simulations to complete, check the reports for your answer!

Results
1. [561] Haromm's Talisman / [561] Assurance of Consequence
  Median:   261645
    Mean:   262312 +/- 90.90 (9090)
 25%/75%:   256.0K - 267.9K
 10%/90%:   251.2K - 274.5K
 Min/Max:   231.7K - 305.7K

2. [561] Haromm's Talisman / [536] Rune of Re-Origination (Thunderforged)
  Median:   258668
    Mean:   259621 +/- 116.56 (11656)
 25%/75%:   251.4K - 267.2K
 10%/90%:   245.1K - 274.9K
 Min/Max:   226.7K - 313.6K

3. [561] Assurance of Consequence / [536] Rune of Re-Origination (Thunderforged)
  Median:   256725
    Mean:   257064 +/- 80.32 (8032)
 25%/75%:   251.1K - 262.6K
 10%/90%:   246.9K - 267.8K
 Min/Max:   232.0K - 294.4K

It literally takes 2 minutes to do this. When you look for the trinket in the gear menu, you don't even have to get the item level correct, if you accidentally pick a Heroic or Warforged AoC, just click the difficulty label, and you'll get a little popup menu that lets you change to Normal.

Revered

Postby ShmooDude » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:55 am

Could you include perfect cut gems? Right now Catus is making them all "Lucent Serpent's Eye" with +160 agi +160 PvP resilience >.> I usually use these since I have a crap ton of them from being a jewelcrafter. I keep having to manually change them anytime I import from the armory.

Also, went ahead and did some work on the cleave rotation. I updated the "both" and "main" parts with the changes to the single target rotation (in addition to matching the formatting of the patchwerk file for readability). Then I made the following changes:

1) Rake if rune is up, expiring and enemies<=8 (9 is a smaller up bordering on neutral so I went with 8)
2) Rake if enemies<=4 and expiring
3) There's also a Rake+Rune cycle line at 6 enemies and a Rake cycle line at 3 enemies, but not sure these are necessarily worth including due to the increased complexity it brings and the fact that most aoe'd mobs don't last longer than 15 seconds, I'll leave em in and you can decide if you want to keep em
4) Enabled Wrath to be cast if that setting is enabled (small gain in encounters which go back and forth between cleave and single target within a hotw duration). Also enabled only wrath (no hurricane) in case that's ever useful.
5) Changed the feral fury line to not fire if rune is up (since the whole point is to get it to use swipe/mangle there and we're using thrash/rake with rune up anyway). Was a (very) small gain to do this for cleave and no change in non-cleave. Up to you if you want to keep that change or not.
6) I'd also suggest default min cleave size be 3 instead of 4 as there's a clear benefit to the cleave rotation at 3 or more (20k DPS in my gear with or without set bonuses)

Spoiler: show
############################

both: ferocious_bite,if=dot.rip.ticking&dot.rip.remains<=3&target.bitw

both: healing_touch,if=talent.dream_of_cenarius.enabled&buff.predatory_swiftness.up&buff.dream_of_cenarius.down&(buff.predatory_swiftness.remains<1.5|combo_points>=4)
both: savage_roar,if=buff.savage_roar.down
both: faerie_fire,if=armored

both: incarnation,if=energy<=35&cooldown.tigers_fury.remains<=1&target.time_to_die>=1
both: tigers_fury,if=energy<=35&!buff.omen_of_clarity.react
both: natures_vigil,if=buff.tigers_fury.up
both: berserk,if=buff.tigers_fury.up|(target.time_to_die<18&cooldown.tigers_fury.remains>6)
both: on_use,if=buff.tigers_fury.up
both: use_potion,if=(combo_points>=5&target.time_to_bitw<15)|target.time_to_die<=40

both: thrash_cat,if=buff.omen_of_clarity.react&dot.rip.ticking&dot.thrash_cat.remains<3&target.time_to_die>=6
both: ferocious_bite,if=target.time_to_die<=1&combo_points>=3

both: rip,if=combo_points>=5&target.time_to_die>30&rip_ratio()>=1.15
both: rip,if=combo_points>=4&target.time_to_die>30&rip_ratio()>=0.95&buff.rune_of_reorigination.up&buff.rune_of_reorigination.remains<=1.5

#both: rip,if=combo_points>=4&dot.rip.ticking&dot.rip.remains<6&rip_ratio()>=0.95&rip_power(0)%rip_power(1.5)>1.5
#&rip_ratio(1.5)<0.5
#both: rip,debug=rip3,if=combo_points>4&rip_power(0)>=1.15*(rip_power()+rip_power(1.5)0
#both: rip,if=combo_points>=4&target.bitw&dot.rip.ticking&rip_damage(0)>(rip_damage()+rip_damage(1.5))%2
#(!dot.rip.ticking|(!target.bitw))&rip_ratio()>=0.9&rip_decay(1.5)<0.7
#both: rip,if=combo_points>=4,dot.rip.

both: pool_resource,if=combo_points>=5&dot.rip.ticking&target.bitw&!(energy>=50|(buff.berserk.up&energy>=25))
both: ferocious_bite,if=combo_points>=5&dot.rip.ticking&target.bitw

both: rip,if=combo_points>=5&target.time_to_die>=6&dot.rip.remains<2&(buff.berserk.up|dot.rip.remains+1.9<=cooldown.tigers_fury.remains)

both: savage_roar,if=buff.savage_roar.remains<=3&combo_points>0&buff.savage_roar.remains+2>dot.rip.remains
both: savage_roar,if=buff.savage_roar.remains<=6&combo_points>=5&buff.savage_roar.remains+2<=dot.rip.remains&dot.rip.ticking
both: savage_roar,if=buff.savage_roar.remains<=12&combo_points>=5&energy.time_to_max<=1.0&buff.savage_roar.remains<=dot.rip.remains+6&dot.rip.ticking

main: swap_action_list,name=cleave,if=active_enemies>=min_cleave_size
main: heart_of_the_wild,req=hotw_wrath&!hotw_hurricane,if=!buff.rune_of_reorigination.up&(hotw_before|(buff.berserk.down&cooldown.berserk.remains>=45))
main: swap_action_list,name=hotw,req=hotw_wrath&!hotw_hurricane,if=buff.heart_of_the_wild.remains>5
main: run_action_list,name=both

main: rake,if=buff.rune_of_reorigination.up&dot.rake.remains<9&buff.rune_of_reorigination.remains<=1.5
main: rake,if=target.time_to_die-dot.rake.remains>3&rake_ratio()>1
main: rake,if=target.time_to_die-dot.rake.remains>3&dot.rake.remains<3&rake_ratio()>=0.75

#main: rake,if=target.time_to_die-dot.rake.remains>3&(action.rake.tick_damage>dot.rake.tick_dmg|(dot.rake.remains<3&action.rake.tick_damage%dot.rake.tick_dmg>=0.75))
#main: rake,if=target.time_to_die-dot.rake.remains>3&dot.rake.remains<3&rake_ratio()>=0.75&rake_power(0)%rake_power(1.5)>1.5,debug=rake4
#main: rake,if=!dot.rake.ticking
#main: rake,if=action.rake.tick_damage>action.mangle_cat.hit_damage&rake_ratio()>=1.00
#main: rake,if=target.time_to_die-dot.rake.remains>3&rake_ratio()>1

main: healing_touch,if=buff.natures_vigil.up&buff.predatory_swiftness.up

main: pool_resource,for_next=1
main: thrash_cat,if=dot.rip.ticking&target.time_to_die>=6&dot.thrash_cat.remains<3&(dot.rip.remains>=8&buff.savage_roar.remains>=12|buff.berserk.up|combo_points>=5)

main: pool_resource,if=combo_points>=5&!(energy.time_to_max<=1|(buff.berserk.up&energy>=25)|(buff.feral_rage.up&buff.feral_rage.remains<=1))&dot.rip.ticking
main: ferocious_bite,if=combo_points>=5&dot.rip.ticking

main: run_action_list,name=filler,if=buff.omen_of_clarity.react
main: run_action_list,name=filler,if=buff.feral_fury.react&!buff.rune_of_reorigination.up
main: run_action_list,name=filler,if=(combo_points<5&dot.rip.remains<3.0)|(combo_points=0&buff.savage_roar.remains<2)
main: run_action_list,name=filler,if=target.time_to_die<=8.5
main: run_action_list,name=filler,if=buff.tigers_fury.up|buff.berserk.up|buff.natures_vigil.up
main: run_action_list,name=filler,if=cooldown.tigers_fury.remains<=3
main: run_action_list,name=filler,if=energy.time_to_max<=1.0

filler: ravage
filler: rake,if=target.time_to_die-dot.rake.remains>3&action.rake.tick_damage*(dot.rake.ticks_remain+1)-dot.rake.tick_dmg*dot.rake.ticks_remain>action.mangle_cat.hit_damage
filler: shred,req=gen=0,if=(buff.omen_of_clarity.react|buff.berserk.up|energy.regen>=15)&buff.king_of_the_jungle.down
filler: mangle_cat,req=gen=0,if=buff.king_of_the_jungle.down
filler: mangle_cat,req=gen=1,if=buff.king_of_the_jungle.down
filler: shred,req=gen=2,if=buff.king_of_the_jungle.down
filler: rake,req=gen=3,if=buff.king_of_the_jungle.down

cleave: swap_action_list,name=main,if=active_enemies<min_cleave_size
cleave: heart_of_the_wild,req=hotw_hurricane,if=!buff.rune_of_reorigination.up&(hotw_before|(buff.berserk.down&cooldown.berserk.remains>=45))
cleave: swap_action_list,name=hotw,req=hotw_hurricane,if=buff.heart_of_the_wild.remains>4
cleave: run_action_list,name=both

cleave: pool_resource,for_next=1,if=thrash_cat_perc<.75
cleave: thrash_cat,if=thrash_cat_perc<.75
cleave: swipe_cat,if=buff.feral_fury.react&!buff.rune_of_reorigination.up
cleave: pool_resource,for_next=1
cleave: thrash_cat,if=dot.rip.ticking&target.time_to_die>=6&dot.thrash_cat.remains<3&(dot.rip.remains>=4|buff.berserk.up)

cleave: rake,if=buff.rune_of_reorigination.up&active_enemies<=8&dot.rake.remains<9&target.time_to_die>=15
cleave: rake,cycle_targets=1,if=buff.rune_of_reorigination.up&active_enemies<=6&dot.rake.remains<3&target.time_to_die>=15
cleave: rake,if=active_enemies<=4&dot.rake.remains<3&target.time_to_die>=15
cleave: rake,cycle_targets=1,if=active_enemies<=3&dot.rake.remains<3&target.time_to_die>=15

cleave: run_action_list,name=cleave_filler,if=buff.omen_of_clarity.react
cleave: run_action_list,name=cleave_filler,if=(combo_points<5&dot.rip.remains<3.0)|(combo_points=0&buff.savage_roar.remains<2)
cleave: run_action_list,name=cleave_filler,if=target.time_to_die<=8.5
cleave: run_action_list,name=cleave_filler,if=buff.tigers_fury.up|buff.berserk.up|buff.natures_vigil.up
cleave: run_action_list,name=cleave_filler,if=cooldown.tigers_fury.remains<=3
cleave: run_action_list,name=cleave_filler,if=energy.time_to_max<=1.0
cleave: faerie_fire,cycle_targets=1,if=armored

cleave_filler: thrash_cat,if=buff.rune_of_reorigination.up
cleave_filler: swipe_cat

hotw: run_action_list,name=hotw_bitw,req=hotw_bitw,if=target.bitw&dot.rip.ticking&(dot.rip.remains<=3|(buff.cat_form.up&combo_points>0&dot.rip.remains<=6))
hotw: swap_action_list,name=hotw_cleanup,req=!hotw_wrath,if=active_enemies<min_cleave_size
hotw: swap_action_list,name=hotw_cleanup,req=!hotw_hurricane,if=active_enemies>=min_cleave_size
hotw: swap_action_list,name=hotw_cleanup,if=buff.heart_of_the_wild.remains<2
hotw: alt_weapon,req=hotw_swap
hotw: on_use
hotw: hurricane,if=buff.heart_of_the_wild.remains>2&active_enemies>=min_cleave_size,interrupt_if=!buff.heart_of_the_wild.up|active_enemies<min_cleave_size
hotw: wrath

hotw_cleanup: swap_action_list,name=cleave,if=buff.cat_form.up
hotw_cleanup: enqueue_main_weapon,req=hotw_swap
hotw_cleanup: cat_form

hotw_bitw: cat_form
hotw_bitw: ferocious_bite
hotw_bitw: rake,if=dot.rip.remains>=2
hotw_bitw: mangle_cat

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:38 pm

Just wanted to say thanks - the rune reforging works perfectly again now!
-Sibylle

Exalted

Postby raffy » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:06 pm

@ShmooDude: thanks for the sim work, and I'm sorry if you tried some simc commands that didn't work. There are still a bunch of missing commands. I've hacked a lot of them in there using a giant key-value map, so for example "buff.xyz.up" might exist but "buff.xyz.down" is unknown.

What encounter settings did you use, default: 8-add perma AoE?
You can get more realistic stuff by doing something like:
Spawn: 8, [ ] At Start, Freq: 50-70, Lifetime: 8-12, Facing Prob: 50
"Summon 8 adds every 50-70secs, that exist for 8-12secs, and have 50% chance of facing you."
You can use the combat log to see how these waves spawn and die.

Also, my cleave encounter has a primary target, so it's more like Tortos (Boss+Adds) which is why End of Combat: Boss Death exists. If you use a fixed AoE time, the Boss becomes Immortal.

ShmooDude wrote:Could you include perfect cut gems? Right now Catus is making them all "Lucent Serpent's Eye" with +160 agi +160 PvP resilience >.> I usually use these since I have a crap ton of them from being a jewelcrafter. I keep having to manually change them anytime I import from the armory.

I can add more gems (I haven't made this easily editable yet) but armory Import shouldn't coerce gem types, it will just add the missing type to gem menu temporarily (like if you import a Resto druid.) I'm not sure what you mean by "+160 Agi/160 PvP" gems, aren't you limited to 2? Are you talking about after a reforging? Minimize Cost will restore your existing gem types (relative to your armory).

You can add new gem to "CatusGems.txt" inside Catus/Cache/dl.dropbox/, but that file is updated every 24hrs.

--

One thing I want to play with is using the rip_damage(t), rip_power(t), rip_ratio(t), rake_damage(t), etc... functions to improve the Rake/Rip logic and remove the rest of the trinket specific stuff. I worry that having Rune-specific logic inflates the value of the Rune, and leaves people stuck using low-ilvl Runes when they could be using other trinkets.

Possibly, it needs another function, like rip_cdf(t) and rake_cdf(t), which can give you the probability of that amount of Rip/Rake damage occurring in the simulator, based on a large sampling of your procs. I use the same logic to trigger FoN automatically, and it works really well.

--

Another thing that needs work is the Faerie Fire refresh code, especially in the Patchwerk rotation. There's probably some low energy condition, low combo point or whatever condition that refreshes it early when it can.

Revered

Postby ShmooDude » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:11 pm

@raffy

I mostly did perma aoe but I did some testing of temporary aoe stuff too (like for wrath + hurricane I did frequency 20, lifetime 10 and it was better to just wrath spam vs going back to cat between aoes)

For the gems, import (US) Lolaan Misha! and you'll see what I mean.

Orange perfects (Adept and Deadly) are converted to "Lucent Serpent's Eye" (+160 agi +160 PvP Power)
Red perfects (Delicate) are converted to "Delicate Serpent's Eye" (+320 agi)

Presumably the others are bugged but those are all I have socketed at the moment.

Adding them into the cache file does seem to fix this problem so I'm guessing that whatever code you have to add missing gems isn't working properly.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:26 pm

Haha, that's pretty wacky. I never imported a JC w/non-standard gems. When JC is enabled, the Gem menu includes prof gems, and it's mistakenly selecting the wrong gem.

- Fixed JC + non-standard gems on import
- Override Set Bonuses, Challenge Mode Restrictions are now bigger toggles
- Added "Average Ranges" to reduce variability in all Min-Max damage/healing/etc.
- Added more gear warnings for other professions
- Custom Stats applies like Mastery Buff, so it doesn't modify your Rune proc

Edit: oh poop, I need to restore a few things, since I changed some stuff.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... emfix2.zip (fixed)

Also, it looks like you can circumvent my profession requirement code by equipping a JC gem, [x]'ing out the gear item, changing profession from something other than JC, and then restoring the gear item. I've fixed this for the next update.

Honored

Postby scorpio0920 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:24 pm

The trinket: Sigil of Rampage

Is triggered agility, not mastery.

572.png
572.png (14.63 KiB) Viewed 4556 times
572-1.png
572-1.png (22.38 KiB) Viewed 4556 times

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS