Register

SoO - Galakras (Warlord Zaela) 5/14

These strats will give you a 32.33% chance of survival...repeating, of course.
Exalted

SoO - Galakras (Warlord Zaela) 5/14

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:24 pm

This topic is for discussing Feral DPS tactics, monk tactics and/or general raid strategies for the Galakras (Warlord Zaela) encounter.

Please feel free to post tips, tricks, videos or ask questions. I will do my best to keep the top post updated with information as it arrives.

When discussing, please mention raid size (10/25) and difficulty (normal/heroic).

Exalted

Re: SoO - Galakras (Warlord Zaela) 5/14

Postby aggixx » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:41 pm

DoC seems like it's blatantly inferior to HotW on this one. You spend far far too much time thrashing, swiping, and tab raking for you to get enough PS procs to justify DoC. On top of that you easily find time for at least one hurricane spam. I was zerking on first wave with my trinket procs and the HotWing on the second wave and it came off cooldown just after I would be able to use it again, so if you used it on first wave you could probably get 2 uses in, although I'm not sure that's justifiable (I know it sure isn't with my terrible caster weapon).

I took Typhoon for control and Fracture interrupts, and Mighty Bash for Fracture interrupts. Ursol's Vortex seemed not nearly as good as I expected it to be but if you could figure out a timer for the Charge & Fracture you could probably put it to good use.

Postby Qualiti » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:36 am

I also took Typhoon / Mighty bash for interrupting the charge, I actually used NV instead of DoC. After Galakras comes down with the lust/pots/CDsit just seemed like the way to go. Not to mention there is a ton of raid damage towards the end. I'm in 10m so tranq isn't quite as ridiculous. Either way DoC is definitely hard to use here.

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:16 am

aggixx wrote:DoC seems like it's blatantly inferior to HotW on this one. You spend far far too much time thrashing, swiping, and tab raking for you to get enough PS procs to justify DoC. On top of that you easily find time for at least one hurricane spam. I was zerking on first wave with my trinket procs and the HotWing on the second wave and it came off cooldown just after I would be able to use it again, so if you used it on first wave you could probably get 2 uses in, although I'm not sure that's justifiable (I know it sure isn't with my terrible caster weapon).

Agreed, DoC on this fight is so tedious to use that you just can't get it off on a high-priority skill (rip, thrash on a large group, 2 rakes, ...) Once you get it off, the mob is close to dying anyway. Didn't try hurricane though, sounds like a good idea and the timing checks out for normal. But we'll have to see how fast shit dies on heroic. If I was doing Tortos normal with 550 ilvl now I would argue that DoC is useless because adds die before landing.

Postby Spaztikcat » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:03 pm

Found the Glyph of Stampeding Roar to be useful in our 25M to make sure everyone zerged the first tower.

Took bash and typhoon for add control. SYM bubble in case I had stacks of debuff in phase 2 but never had to clear.

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:12 am

Has anyone else had problems getting back down from the tower using the rope? I clicked and clicked, and it wouldn't work. I even shifted out of cat form, thinking that might be the problem, but it just wouldn't work.

I know how to use ropes, I mean, the Battle on the High Seas hc scenario is full of them! I ended up jumping down and taking very little damage (which I usually insta-healed with a PS proc from up the tower) so it wasn't an issue, I was just wondering.

Oh, and: Question to those who use HotW on this fight. I've been Hurricane-ing the second wave and I'm just wondering when to stop. When there's three or fewer adds left? That's when I've been switching back to cat.
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:27 am

Sibylle wrote:Has anyone else had problems getting back down from the tower using the rope? I clicked and clicked, and it wouldn't work. I even shifted out of cat form, thinking that might be the problem, but it just wouldn't work.

I know how to use ropes, I mean, the Battle on the High Seas hc scenario is full of them! I ended up jumping down and taking very little damage (which I usually insta-healed with a PS proc from up the tower) so it wasn't an issue, I was just wondering.

Oh, and: Question to those who use HotW on this fight. I've been Hurricane-ing the second wave and I'm just wondering when to stop. When there's three or fewer adds left? That's when I've been switching back to cat.

Don't use the rope, just jump down. The rope afaik is for getting UP.

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:51 am

Alpheus wrote:
Sibylle wrote:Has anyone else had problems getting back down from the tower using the rope? I clicked and clicked, and it wouldn't work. I even shifted out of cat form, thinking that might be the problem, but it just wouldn't work.

Don't use the rope, just jump down. The rope afaik is for getting UP.

Haha, that would explain it! Well then I did it right anyway :) Thanks!
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Postby Spaztikcat » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:58 am

Sibylle,

I jumped way down and used displacer beast to avoid any fall dmg. On one attempt it bugged but I didn't take much dmg.

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:26 pm

Spaztikcat wrote:Sibylle,

I jumped way down and used displacer beast to avoid any fall dmg. On one attempt it bugged but I didn't take much dmg.

I managed that with Wild Charge once :D But in any case, the damage is minimal so really no problem!
-Sibylle

Postby Kumona » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:29 pm

I was just curious as to what other ferals are using as far as DPS goes on the packs of adds. Thrash+swipe only, putting rake/rip up on one target and using swipe to build combo points, rake/rip on multiple targets?

My AoE damage seems to be lower than everyone else in my 10 man regular raid, so I was just hoping for some suggestions to maximize dps during the add phase. :)

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:06 am

I keep up Thrash, Swipe, and try to Rake as many targets as possible. And I use HotW-powered Hurricanes on one of the first waves, too.
-Sibylle

Honored

Postby mekell » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:29 am

What are you guys doing on the last phase setup wise to avoid getting too many stacks of the debuff?

please Correct me if i am wrong, but 1 stack of the debuff is added if you are touched by the orb as it passes through the group. However, this also reduces the damage that orb does when it finally explodes.

What we hve been trying to do is just clump up to make sure the orb passes through as many people as possible. The problem is everyone gets stacks at the same time so everyone needs to let theirs drop off at the same time.
The next logical step is to just have people step out before they need it so we have an offset of the debuff stacks, but we havent had a chance to try that yet (ran out of time last night).

So i guess my question is: can someone please explain this mechanic to me? Orb touch = lower damage of final detonation, but gives you 1 stack of the debuff? There appears to be no limit on the number of people that the orb can touch, meaning everyone (minus the tank) can get a stack on a single orb or have yo uguys found some magic number. This is 10Normal

General advice here would be appreciated.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:35 am

mekell wrote:So i guess my question is: can someone please explain this mechanic to me? Orb touch = lower damage of final detonation, but gives you 1 stack of the debuff? There appears to be no limit on the number of people that the orb can touch, meaning everyone (minus the tank) can get a stack on a single orb or have yo uguys found some magic number. This is 10Normal

First off, you have the mechanic exactly right.

Try not to overthink it. For 10m try to have at least 3 people soaking each orb (less is livable but far from ideal). Easiest strat is probably just have the melee sit behind the boss and strafe his hitbox to reset their stacks as necessary, and then have the ranged + healers split into to two camps adjacent to each other (both behind the boss). Anyone who gets the meteor cast on them simply makes sure they run to just behind one of the two ranged camps.

The debuff can stack a couple times and it's not going to be lethal, what is going to be lethal is getting one odd meteor that no one soaks and it almost oneshots your entire raid when it hits the target. Melee can probably aim to take 2 stacks then reset, and ranged will just take however many stacks they end up with. You can try to coordinate which meteor goes where to reset stacks but it gets fairly complicated fairly quickly.

Honored

Postby mekell » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:52 pm

We swapped to 3 healing this and one shot it hehe.

Honored

Postby adianar » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:29 pm

I was in a flex 25 of this fight last night and the RL set up the raid in a v shape with the tank as the tip of the V. Whoever got targetted by orb was to run to the back of their respective line of the V and stay at the back causing the orb to pass through half the raid each time or following along one of the two lines of the V.

Literally, we took no noticable damage upon explosion.

Just my 2 cents lifted from another RL.

Adi

Return to Raid Strategies