Register

Export Catus to Simcraft?

Face-rippin fun.

Export Catus to Simcraft?

Postby Oronare » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:29 am

So I have been comparing gear and reforges etc, and found catus, but I can't work out how to export from catus to simcraft to test dps.

On the simcraft 'import' tab there are no places to put a custom profile as far as i can see, or at least anywhere to paste the date from 'export to simc' from catus?

cheers.

Honored

Re: Export Catus to Simcraft?

Postby cg1351 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:38 am

The big long empty bar at the bottom.

Revered

Postby ShmooDude » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:00 pm

Under the Equipment section at the top left, there's an Export Simc button.

Though wouldn't it be easier to just use catus to do the sim? See: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4574&start=600#p19321

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:37 pm

Well the other answers are helpful to some degree I think they missed the point of what you're asking. In the GUI version of SimulationCraft there's a few different tabs of importance; as you probably know the "Import" tab is where you import your character, but you don't have to use it to use SimC, all it does is pull data from that source and put it into the "Simulate" tab.

Catus' export gives you only the gear portion of the data already formatted to be put in the "Simulate" tab, so what you probably want to do is import your character from the armory first, then switch to the simulate tab and paste the text from the Catus export at the bottom. This will override the gear from your armory and use that gear instead.

But like ShmooDude said, it's far more convenient to just do the sim in Catus unless you're specifically trying to do something SimC doesn't offer (like stat scaling, plots, etc).

Postby Winterpaw » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:20 am

Not sure exactly where the problem is, but the latest version of SimC (540) does not work correctly when you paste the gear section from Catus. It worked fine when importing from the Armory, but pasting the identical gear from Catus showed a 40% dps loss.

Honored

Postby Paloro » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:26 am

Winterpaw wrote:Not sure exactly where the problem is, but the latest version of SimC (540) does not work correctly when you paste the gear section from Catus. It worked fine when importing from the Armory, but pasting the identical gear from Catus showed a 40% dps loss.

Are all the itlvl's correct on that gear when importing? How about the gems/chants/reforges? Lastly check to make sure that all your buffs/glyphs/talents are accounted for.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:06 pm

I haven't checked the export feature in a while, but I know it was being used a lot by Monks in 5.3.

Can you paste the two gear outputs that you're saying are the same but one results in a 40% DPS loss?

Postby Winterpaw » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:00 pm

Works fine with v19. Not sure if it was a problem with v18 or with SimC hiding most of the gear lines from my Armory import. They are still there, but not visible for some reason. It might have been that the last time I pasted in the gear from Catus, I didn't overwrite some of the gear lines that I couldn't see.

simc.png
simc.png (8.03 KiB) Viewed 349 times

As you can see it only displays head, neck, shoulders, and back. If I copy/paste the block into notepad, the rest of the gear shows up.

Return to Kitty DPS