Register

SoO - Immerseus 1/14

These strats will give you a 32.33% chance of survival...repeating, of course.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Exalted

SoO - Immerseus 1/14

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:20 pm

This topic is for discussing Feral DPS tactics, monk tactics and/or general raid strategies for the Immerseus encounter.

Please feel free to post tips, tricks, videos or ask questions. I will do my best to keep the top post updated with information as it arrives.

When discussing, please mention raid size (10/25) and difficulty (normal/heroic).

Exalted

Re: SoO - Immerseus 1/14

Postby aggixx » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:49 pm

Despite how it was on PTR, it seems like the adds are not healed by tranq so don't plan on saving the day with your awesome healing powers (eg don't take HotW just to heal the slimes, it's not going to work). Take typhoon and UV for add control. Movement talent doesn't really matter, pick your favorite; I liked wild charge for switching to a second clump of adds after my primary target.

Both DoC and HotW are usable here but on normal the boss lives for so little time that I would probably lean towards HotW. May change on heroic when he doesn't die instantly because we outgear it, although I imagine HotW tranq as a cooldown for the later add phases will be quite valuable (for healing from the explosions, not for healing the slimes).

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:14 pm

I was shocked at a) how easy this boss was (we're a fairly casual raid and one-shot it without breaking a sweat), and b) how horribly bad I was. Is there any way to do proper damage here? Only the first two times did the boss live long enough for me to even put up a Rip. I can practically sneeze the ads to death, also there seemed to be more and more healy ads as the fight went on, so it got really hard to catch one or two of the ones you need to kill.

Pff.
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Postby Qualiti » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:40 am

Treant's root the slime's. Bleeds do tick while hes under so you can get quite a bit of damage in. That being said, died way too quick.

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:29 pm

Maybe I should have mentioned that I'm in a 10man, maybe that's the reason? For several add phases there wasn't a SINGLE damage add within reach, only heal-y ones. I ran to the nearest add to catch the last 10% or so of health before the nearest ranged guildy killed it. Terrible.
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:39 pm

Sibylle wrote:Maybe I should have mentioned that I'm in a 10man, maybe that's the reason? For several add phases there wasn't a SINGLE damage add within reach, only heal-y ones. I ran to the nearest add to catch the last 10% or so of health before the nearest ranged guildy killed it. Terrible.

Get displacer beast and look at what part of the room has the most black adds coming from the boss then catch onto black puddles at the edge before they spawn. You can navigate the entire room pretty quick with dash + displacer so you should be able to cover 2/3 of the room.

Postby Millerr » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:24 pm

Ursol's vortex and typhoon are amazing for getting groups of adds together and keeping them slowed and should be mandatory for heroic.

The way we handled the swelling corruption (add spawning buff on the boss) was to stack as soon as it was cast and spam attack the boss to remove all the charges, as soon as the charges were gone our priest mass dispelled the group.

It looked like the legendary cloak proc and aoe abilities like thrash and swipe were still getting stacks of the debuff so be careful which way you face if you aren't supposed to be getting stacks but are on the adds that spawn.

Ysera's gift's overhealing will go to the healing adds, however I didn't test to see if CW would be useful for this at all.

Displacer beast is good for dodging the swirl (wall of water) since you can blink through it without taking damage.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:32 am

Millerr wrote:Ysera's gift's overhealing will go to the healing adds, however I didn't test to see if CW would be useful for this at all.

I don't think the adds can take damage so CW would probably be useless since it would never trigger.

Postby Eniel » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:42 am

Mass entangle worked really well for me actually,with a 30 sec cooldown it's up for every add spawn.
One thing I'm not certain of is,does it work on heroic?

Honored

Postby Paloro » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:47 am

Eniel wrote:Mass entangle worked really well for me actually,with a 30 sec cooldown it's up for every add spawn.
One thing I'm not certain of is,does it work on heroic?

On heroic the adds that need to die aren't the issue, it is the adds that need to be healed. If your raid is struggling, try going HotW and spam HT's on them.

Postby berberos » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:28 am

Still yet to see first try on hc but FoN might come useful for slimes too as you can cast them to 3 different targets to get the root as it doesnt last many seconds but still some.
Also checked one WoL where tranquility had healed slime but for some strange amount like 5k. On whole possibly 3 tries they did. Hard to say how it really is as the fight has not been working on it.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:34 pm

Yes FoN is a no-brainer. Not only is it more DPS because of downtime for it to recharge but it also has utility (quite useful utility for the fight, even) where SotF has exactly zero.

Postby berberos » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:25 am

Fight was such a disappointment. Well we did wipe once. At least concerning the treant talk they were somewhat useful with the roots but as the damage was so irrelevant can't really comment about it. What is something that I noticed was that at the end of our kill (almost wipe) I threw tranq and there is some (around 400k) healing done to slimes..

Postby Karlzone » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:04 am

[10HC]
For symbiosis I would chose either bubble or dispersion. I chose dispersion because it would be up for the first and the last/second to last add phase, bubble might be too however.

For the first tier of talents, Displacer beast is honestly the best by far. First of all it helps you navigate the room during p2 really quickly, but it also allows you to pass right through the swirl.

Second tier I chose cenarion ward because of the constant, but often quite high damage that goes out on us melee.

Third tier I used typhoon. Here you could use Mass entanglement (dunno if it works, my bet is yes) to root a big amount of adds. Reason I used Typhoon was because of the ability to help others that were out of my range. The daze effect is very useful here (that's a first I guess...).

Fourth tier is treants because of the root.

Fifth tier I took Mighty Bash. Honestly I think that Ursol's Vortex would have been better, but I never actually got to use either of them.

Last tier is HotW for healing the adds obviously.

Some things to note about the add-spawning debuff:
Thrash and Swipe generate no stacks.
Melee hits, cloak procs and legendary meta procs generate no stacks.
Bleed ticks generate no stacks.
[VERY IMPORTANT] There seems to be an internal cooldown on the rate that you can generate stacks. About 2 sec. So spamming mangle will not suddenly kill you.
Do with this info whatever you want.

Return to Raid Strategies