Register

Edgy/Raffy's Catus Thread (Not 6.0 Ready Yet)

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Re: Edgy/Raffy's Official Catus Thread

Postby masl » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:04 am

hey raffy, first of all thanks for catus :) i don't know what i should do without our app :oops:
but i'm posting because i have a feature request. AskMrRobot announced a new in-game Addon to automatically gem and reforge your equipment (http://blog.askmrrobot.com/2013/09/mr-robots-in-game-mod/). Therefore you have to copy a long string from AskMrRobot and paste it into the Addon. That's it ! my question is if it's possible to integrate the string export function into Catus ? Would be totally awesome :)

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:19 am

masl wrote:hey raffy, first of all thanks for catus :) i don't know what i should do without our app :oops:
but i'm posting because i have a feature request. AskMrRobot announced a new in-game Addon to automatically gem and reforge your equipment (http://blog.askmrrobot.com/2013/09/mr-robots-in-game-mod/). Therefore you have to copy a long string from AskMrRobot and paste it into the Addon. That's it ! my question is if it's possible to integrate the string export function into Catus ? Would be totally awesome :)

If it's specific to an AMR addon for AMR use then I see no reason bonding these two systems together. AMR can export to SimC though which Catus already understands.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:02 pm

That format looks pretty simple, I can add that to the next release.

Postby Cyclone » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:03 pm

This is long overdue, since i've been using Catus since the first few weeks of ToT... But I just wanted to drop in and say thank you for this amazing program. It's honestly a lifesaver and I don't know how i'd live without it, lol. Thanks for keeping me on the top of the meters.. Long live Catus.

Postby Danellos » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:11 am

Hi there,

First post. :D

Anyway, firstly, just want to thank you for this amazing tool. It has helped me reforge correctly for RoR.

Secondly, I think I may have found a bug with Primal Leg Re-inforcements:

raffy wrote:I found and fixed a reforging bug (while answering some questions for low-ilvl Cats)

^ Does this have anything to do with it? Let me explain. (Note, I used the v19 version of Catus linked as the latest download in the OP)

I have got the heroic version of Rune of Re-Origination. I have decided to keep it as my BIS since the heroic (and heroic TF) have decent procs. However, when using your tool, it seems to incorrectly calculate my reforges and re-gemming. Here is a screenshot of what it gives me: http://i.imgur.com/IuwaiSw.png?1

My actual end result is:
2550 Hit
2551 Expertise
8362 Haste
8528 Crit
8365 Mastery

As you can see, Crit is where the problem is here. My end-result crit is quite a bit higher than Catus calculates. I have checked everything top-to-bottom, and have determined that the issue is coming from Primal Leg Re-inforcements. Catus seems to not display this, and when substracting the crit I get from that, it goes down to 8363 (which is precisely what Catus calculates). So I can assume that Catus might be omitting that LW enchant in its calculations.

I would also like to point out that this is fairly recent. I have been using this to help with RoR reforges ever since I had the raidfinder version, and it worked fine back then.

Note: I have recently dropped LW and am levelling Engineering. So Catus might be getting confused because of that when doing its calculations in the background. So in future, I won't be using the Primal Leg Re-Inforcements, but will instead be buying the LW enchant (which is basically the same, just the LW one was free for leatherworkers). :)

Here is my character profile on the Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... s/advanced

If I am doing something wrong, please point it out. I won't be touching my character until Sunday evening, so feel free to pull data from the Armory as it is now. I'll leave the crit alone. :)

Thanks in advance. ^^

Exalted

Postby raffy » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:26 am

Your analysis is correct, I am not allowing allowing the leg enchant to be imported when you aren't a LW. I had no idea this was actually possible. The only way (currently) to catch this would be to check the audit warning in the "Equipment" panel. To get a proper reforge, you'll need to manually set your leg enchant to the equivalent "Shadowleather Leg Armor" enchant.

I am incorrectly applying a LW-restriction to Primal Leg Reinforcements which actually doesn't have one.
http://www.wowhead.com/spell=124559#comments:id=1854888

I don't play many alts (just my WW for PvP) and I never do profession-related stuff, so I'm not very knowledgeable in this department.

If you redownload the latest Catus, this issue is fixed. Thanks for the report.

Edit: and luckily, it only requires reforging + (1 enchant or 1 gem) change to fix it.

Postby Danellos » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:15 am

Awesome, working great now! Thanks for reacting to it quickly. ^^

Yeah, I am not much of an alt person either. Only reason I switched to engineering is because I want to push out a few extra digits. I have become obsessed with optimizing my character. ;)

Postby tokotsi » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:12 pm

Hey, thank you for making these apps. I've been using Zephyrus for a long time now for my monk. Wanted to report what looks like an issue with Zephyrus, though with the 5.4 changes, not sure that I'll be bothering with maxing proc anymore. Already replaced RoRo on the WW side, and on the BM side it's becoming more suboptimal to have my less desired secondaries increasingly higher during the time the rune is not proc'd.

The problem is that when I import my char with the current gear, after a (sadly) few SoO upgrades, it doesn't seem to come up with the right number of secondary stat points. You can see the discrepancy on the armory page for the char vs. the import. I didn't notice at first and merrily regemmed and reforged as directed, and rather than having the listed split, had way more crit, way less expertise, and lower amounts of mastery and haste. I've already band-aided the reforge, but you can see the gear and recreate the issue yourself if you care to, the char is Mushoepi on the Thorium Brotherhood US server.

I know Zephyrus may be an app that'll ride off into the sunset at this point, but just wanted to let you know in the event it'll get one more version or that the issue is something underlying that'll affect Catus too.

Regardless, thank you for the time and effort spent making these apps, and on the ongoing support. It's noted and appreciated.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:44 pm

I updated Zephyrus to v18, so it works with 5.4, it also works for Hunters (I think), and has the Secondary Maximizer (for non-Rune reforging.) For the most part though, Zephyrus is unsupported.

Note: the Secondary Maximizer still needs some work: there is some combinatorial explosion issues when there are too many gem possibilities, which makes certain combinations of weights sluggish. There's no way to set caps. There's no way to value stamina. It's still single-threaded. There are no default weights included. There's no way to Minimize Cost.

Postby Oronare » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:27 pm

Don't know why, but going to reforge tonight and it just isn't working.

It gives me the reforges, I do them in game, and they are way way off the numbers that they should be, and I even made a check list to make sure I'm doing each piece of gear.

Very odd, using latest ver.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:44 pm

If you reforge in Catus, and you think it's wrong, just logout, and reimport your kitty again. If you reforged correctly, reforging again will find the exact same reforging and suggest 0 changes.

Your gear reforges fine for me. Although your maximum reforgable haste is low (almost 2k lower than your Mastery and Haste), resulting in 'meh' 1:1:1 balance.

Can you show me a screenshot of the problem you're seeing?

Note: when I import your current armory, you have 0 reforges.

Edit: wait, are you doing the reforges manually?
Get reforgerade! It's surprisingly difficult to get the reforges right by hand.
http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/reforgerade

Postby CuTtLeD » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:18 am

Love the tool Raffy!!

From a pure min/max perspective, Frab Belt no longer does 30k damage. It got hit hard and is nomore than an incapacitate these days.
“Journalist:
Congressman Kucinich, I believe you're the only one here who voted against the PATRIOT act right away after 9/11. Why is that?

His Reply:
Because I read it.”

Honored

Postby mekell » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:38 pm

Raffy - i can only assume that this would happen automatically, but i realized after getting AoC tonite, that it changes the CD on tiger's fury, which as an engineer throws off my TF/Synapse setup a bit. Does the simulation take this into account? I am wondering now, if as an engineer, that devalues this trinket enough to reconsider using it.Right now i have a TF/Synapse macro, and since they were multiples of one another, they always lined up nicely. Maybe i just need to rethink the macro instead.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:37 pm

@CuTtLeD
fixed for next version, I wonder if that nerf was intended.

@mekell
In Catus, all on use effects are stored in a list (like a big macro.) Since many on-use effects invoke a shared cooldown (so you can't stack them), they are sorted from largest cooldown to smallest.

On-use effects are triggered in the encounter scripts via "on_use" command. For Patchwerk encounter, there are two trigger points:
Code: Select all
hotw: on_use                        // right before wrath cast during hotw
main: on_use,if=buff.tigers_fury.up // anytime during TF effect

Since the AoC reduces TF CD, it just triggers the "on_use" command more often, but it still keeps the effected aligned to TF. The main issue with AoC, is that unless you have a heroic version, the ICD proc doesn't align with Berserk.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:46 am

Released Catus v20: Download
- Can wear/import Fishing Poles!
- I found and fixed a reforging bug (while answering some questions for low-ilvl Cats)
- Added a few more glyphs for completeness
- Weapon DPS scaling valid below 285 ilvl
- 20% Rip change
- Can wear/import Miscellaneous weapons (like Arclight Spanner)
- Hotfixes panel
- Frag Belt fixes
- Custom Item Level input (for individual gear) accepts +X or -X (for relative scaling)
- Flipped FoN logic (checkbox to make it smarter, default is retard)
- AskMrRobot addon export (combines Reforgerade + Shopping List)

Let me know if anyone uses the AMR export thing and is having problems, I was only able to test it on myself.

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:10 am

raffy wrote:Released Catus v20: Download
- Can wear/import Fishing Poles!
- I found and fixed a reforging bug (while answering some questions for low-ilvl Cats)
- Added a few more glyphs for completeness
- Weapon DPS scaling valid below 285 ilvl
- 20% Rip change
- Can wear/import Miscellaneous weapons (like Arclight Spanner)
- Hotfixes panel
- Frag Belt fixes
- Custom Item Level input (for individual gear) accepts +X or -X (for relative scaling)
- Flipped FoN logic (checkbox to make it smarter, default is retard)
- AskMrRobot addon export (combines Reforgerade + Shopping List)

Let me know if anyone uses the AMR export thing and is having problems, I was only able to test it on myself.

Is this taking into account DoC no longer buffing FoN rakes?
Last edited by Alpheus on Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:14 am

@Alpheus
Correct, but I never actually enabled that :)

Edit: Renataki has the wrong ICD (11 instead of 10), I forgot to change this when I fixed this a few weeks ago. Redownload Latest for fix.

Edit 2: Minor update again, fixed Modifier Tables: no longer includes procs from Swap Weapon (like double Dancing Steel) h/t aggixx.

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:19 pm

Raffy have you considered splitting Catus into a a launcher jar and a "main files/library" jar so it would be capable of self-updating? Lately I've been simming a couple items after every raid and I seem to be spending much more time running, checking updates, downloading updates, extracting the update, closing Catus, copying the jar and running again (repeat step 1-2) than actually using it.

Postby JTF195 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:11 pm

Alpheus wrote:Raffy have you considered splitting Catus into a a launcher jar and a "main files/library" jar so it would be capable of self-updating? Lately I've been simming a couple items after every raid and I seem to be spending much more time running, checking updates, downloading updates, extracting the update, closing Catus, copying the jar and running again (repeat step 1-2) than actually using it.

This. An auto-update function would be amazing.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:17 pm

Possibly I can do this for next release. I try to avoid updating the version number frequently because I understand it's annoying to download updates all the time, and only try to push an update when there is a queue of changes and/or a serious bug. I agree automatic updating would make this transparent, and keeps everyone using the latest version.

Things I want to get working: the bottom of the combat log shows a bunch of useful Cat stuff; I want that same information available from a sim distribution. I also want to finish the AvsB stuff so it's convenient and useful (it barely shows any information currently and is hard to use.) Configurations are still too difficult to manage. Recently, I've been playing with a simc-like "reforge plot" thing, which lets you generate stat weights. I also have some new encounters implemented, but there is no corresponding GUI yet. The Trinket Pair simulator still needs a GUI as well. I want a way to simulate potential upgrades. I still need to figure out how the Challenge mode downscaling works.... as you can see, the list is endless :p

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:28 pm

raffy wrote:Possibly I can do this for next release. I try to avoid updating the version number frequently because I understand it's annoying to download updates all the time, and only try to push an update when there is a queue of changes and/or a serious bug. I agree automatic updating would make this transparent, and keeps everyone using the latest version.

Things I want to get working: the bottom of the combat log shows a bunch of useful Cat stuff; I want that same information available from a sim distribution. I also want to finish the AvsB stuff so it's convenient and useful (it barely shows any information currently and is hard to use.) Configurations are still too difficult to manage. Recently, I've been playing with a simc-like "reforge plot" thing, which lets you generate stat weights. I also have some new encounters implemented, but there is no corresponding GUI yet. The Trinket Pair simulator still needs a GUI as well. I want a way to simulate potential upgrades. I still need to figure out how the Challenge mode downscaling works.... as you can see, the list is endless :p

Would you allow yourself to be persuaded to opensource Catus so we could help with development?

Exalted

Postby raffy » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:09 pm

If I lose interest in the project, I'll gladly release it to the community, but I intend to maintain it myself for now :)

Exalted

Postby raffy » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:39 am

Updated to Catus v21: Download
Automatic update functionality (still need to download this version, will be tested during v22 upgrade)
(tested on Mac 10.8 and Win 7)
Hurricane snapshot tick frequency
Hurricane interrupt_if checks for haste improvement
Rotational Thrash Options (Never, Clearcast, Use)
AvsB doesn't goof when using "Current + Armory"
Modifier Tables only use weapon procs from main weapon (no more double Dancing Steel)
Renataki ICD fix
Various bug fixes

I saw a lot of people asking about the value of Thrash, so you can now change how it's being used. It applies to single-target use, so Patchwerk encounter and single-target combat during Cleave encounter (but I think I'm missing one of the casts, will be fixed soon.)

Edit:

I believe I fixed this bug ( viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4714#p19785 ) in the 1:1:1 Reforger which occasionally causes it to find sub-optimal answers as you increase the search range.

I experimented a bit with an "Orange" mode (where "Red" would correspond to the current gem options, and [x] use Secondaries would correspond to "Yellow") to help solve poorly balanced 1:1:1 configurations due to excessive Red sockets. The reforger ends up favoring all orange gems once you allow to use any orange gem in a red socket, because it can get a larger proc score and a significantly tighter Hit/Exp fit. I only spent a few minutes on this idea, so maybe when I have more time, I can figure out a cleaner solution. As a fallback, I could enable a wider gem search which solves the problem Tremnen is having, but it makes the reforging process significantly slower (1minute+).

I'll probably push out an update tomorrow with a few changes to test the automatic update feature. I came up with my own cross-platform self-updating solution, so I'm interested to see how well it works out. The next version should also remove the requirement that the majority of the cache is wiped when a version number is encountered. This should make Catus update cycle: Launch > Detect new Version > Autoupdate > Autorelaunch -- take only a few seconds, which means I can add new features or fix bugs and push them immediately instead of waiting and doing a release every few weeks.

Postby CrazyCatLady » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:40 am

Hi Edgy, it's been a while since I posted with a question so here goes:

As a previous user of Rawr I liked the easy to use feature of being able to try on different combinations of gear, save them and see the comparative results in terms of potential dps gains/losses. I figure there's a way to do this in Catus but I'm not sure how. Would you mind giving some instruction in a step-by-step?

I received a few new items (T16N gloves, flex shoulders from Nazgrim, WF AOC, Immerseus neck) and I'm not sure if breaking 4pc T15 would be a substantial enough dps upgrade at this time. Is T15 4pc worth breaking yet if I don't have 2 T16? At the moment I'm using AOC with 530 RoR but I have H Renataki's available.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... e/advanced

Thanks

Postby Molov » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:04 pm

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4574&p=19321#p19321
tutorial already done!

I have a couple of questions too btw, i have been looking up some armories of good ferals on my servers and frag's armory, i've noticed they have some agi/haste gems, and another feral on my server is using almost full agi/mastery with a couple of agi/haste, using the rune, i immediately thought they used cathus for this. Since i use it too myself, i tried the regem tool, but i think i don't know how to use it; the fields seem right, i hit regem, and nothing changes, i don't think my gems are the best. So, how do i use the regem tool properly?

They use Treants, i'm trying that talent too, but cathus doesn't tell me to change my gems to agi/haste, i've even saw one using agi/mastery gems instead of agi in red sockets and he was doing a lot more dps than me on Shamans and Nazgrim, he was around 425k while i was sitting at 330k, and 346k on nazgrim while i was at 230k. Maybe i'm using Treants wrong since it's the first time i'm using them.

When i have 3 stacks, and i don't have a rune proc, should i use one of the treants, and keep it that way until the rune procs (i know treants scale with feral's mastery, but do it with anything else, like crit?)? Does AoC affects Treants? Should i go like the other feral, full agi/mastery even in red sockets? He also has a few agi/haste gems, i don't know why.

Here is his armory : http://eu.battle.net/wow/fr/character/i ... z/advanced
here is mine: http://eu.battle.net/wow/fr/character/i ... v/advanced

sorry for the long post, thanks!

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS