Register

Using Rawr to Optimize Kitty Gear

Face-rippin fun.

Using Rawr to Optimize Kitty Gear

Postby Macdowell » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:44 am

I've been using Rawr for a while now to compare various pieces of gear and find it extremely helpful when picking out upgrades. However, I am a bit confused by it's Optimize function.

You see, I'm at a point in my gearing where I am surprisingly short on hit. In fact, I'm sitting at 245 hit and that is with the Mark of Supremacy trinket. The optimized gear suggestion by Rawr (with the Overall Rating setting) would put me at 167 hit.

This seems strange to me as I've always been taught to make sure you're at the hit cap before anything else. Is there something I'm missing here?

Honored

Re: Using Rawr to Optimize Kitty Gear

Postby Grenache » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:02 pm

I've never had much luck with the Optimise function of Rawr. I just stick to individual item upgrades and what gives me the most points for my Frost Emblem bucks. Part of the issue is the need to go back and select all the items you have in the bank and your bags - that seems painful to me. I just do a fresh Armory import each time. I hate how it makes you do a fresh Rawr download every 2 weeks also.

Site Admin

Postby Alaron » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:53 pm

@Macdowell-

Hit is actually a pretty suboptimal stat for feral DPS, mostly because of the Primal Precision talent. Most of our damage comes from yellow (special) attacks, and PP means a missed special isn't overly painful. Once you're very well geared (ICC25 level) than hit becomes more important because you'll be close to crit cap, meaning each missed white attack was a missed crit, not just a missed hit.

You can see what your best stats are (based on your gear) by looking at the Relative Stat Values in Rawr.

@Gren-

You only have to select all your items once, then save that toon and reload it. A Rawr upgrade won't wipe out your item settings (though it does wipe some other settings, which can be annoying...thankfully Rawr3 is coming out soon)

Postby Macdowell » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:46 am

Thanks for the reply, Alaron.

What you say about hit makes sense and thanks for mentioning the Relative Stat Values feature in Rawr. I hadn't uncovered that yet.

This means I can drop the Mark of Supremacy and get my Needle-Encrusted Scorpion back in there.

Return to Kitty DPS