Register

Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.0!

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Revered

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide / FAQ

Postby Tremnen » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:56 am

Just downed Hc Spoils last night and here is my sum up of what I did.

Rake

Tab

Rake

Thrash

repeat.

if it was a medium I would usually put up a 3-4 cp rip

larges would take my entire single target rotation like normal.

Honored

Postby Paloro » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:16 pm

Sibylle wrote:Hmhm. But Thrash and Rake are dots too, and stuff dies so fast on this fight, they barely get to tick. I, too, find this fight terrible and playing to all my weaknesses. Boxes are opened one by one, and small/medium adds die quickly so there's rarely more than two up at a time, so not great for all-out AoE. And by the time I put up a full set of bleeds on a single one of them, they're long dead too.

I suppose you guys are among the world's best ferals and I'm, well, not (lol), but I really don't see how I could do good dps on this fight :-/

Thrash and Rake are dots, but they also have initial application damage. Just because something won't live long enough for your bleeds to expire doesn't mean it isn't worth putting it up. Perhaps your box opener (most likely a tank) isn't opening them up fast enough? Don't be afraid to "waste" cp's on this fight. Sometimes that wet noodle of FB just isn't worth casting when it will cause you to let SR fall.

On my last kill I had ~50% uptime on Rip. It helps if you have a lock to symbiosis, that way you can x-fer your bleeds off a soon to die target to a high health one.

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:47 pm

Thanks, I'll try to more consistently put up Rake - and Thrash on AoE. We just killed them again today, and it *felt* a little better, but I am still bottom of the dps list on this fight (when I'm usually 1st - 3rd in my raid these days).

Our raid has a horrible composition for symbiosis - no lock, no rogue, no warrior, no DK, no shaman :D All I have is damage-reduction symbiosis options, nothing that does anything for my dps.
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Revered

Postby Steakbomb » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:48 pm

IMO an overlooked symbi target for ferals is a Monk. Clash doesnt taunt but still brings the target in, interrupts, and allows you to start damage right off.

I use Clash on Galakras as I am down bottom the whole fight and it is another way to stop the bonecrushers but it also helps on Garrosh to bring in the Far Seers.

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:05 am

Steakbomb wrote:IMO an overlooked symbi target for ferals is a Monk. Clash doesnt taunt but still brings the target in, interrupts, and allows you to start damage right off.

I use Clash on Galakras as I am down bottom the whole fight and it is another way to stop the bonecrushers but it also helps on Garrosh to bring in the Far Seers.

Oooh, I'm loving this. I'm going to try it, thanks! :D
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Postby haeren » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:48 am

Does it work on mind controlled people on Garrosh also? Would be neat...

Revered

Postby Steakbomb » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:43 pm

Yes it works on the MC on Garrosh

Exalted

Postby Stenhaldi » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:55 pm

Does it consistently stun now? Last time I tried it (two tiers ago) it was really inconsistent about applying the stun -- almost never working in cat form, and still sometimes failing when out of form.

Might depend on the size of the target, too. I was using it on the Tsulong day phase adds.

Revered

Postby Steakbomb » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:28 am

I don't think there is a stun mechanic to our version of Clash anymore, maybe there is but I can't tell. TBH I switch to the Bonecrusher, Clash, and then turn back to my original target so if it does stun I'm not positive. I sat for Galakras this week so I couldn't check but I will mess with it on Trash this week and see if it stuns or not.

Postby Cyc » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:54 pm

Interesting. I wonder if it will work on the empowered MCs for Garrosh. Will have to play around with it and see.

Honored

Postby inferiorlol » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:25 pm

I have a question about a scenario that seems to come up quite frequently.

Say you are DoC specced, 4 T16 and at 5CP, low energy, high SR duration, no rip up, no DoC up to use.

Do you either TF into Rip (now at 3 CP) and then basically immediately go up to 5 CP and replace the old Rip with a DoC one or do you not do the first Rip at all and instead maybe FB.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:08 pm

It might feel weird, but Rip down time is bad. Real bad. Especially for DoC.

I would recommend loading your kitty into Catus, setting up your buffs, and generating a "FB vs Rip" table under the "Computable Statistics" section.

For the FB vs Rip comparison, you can select how many ticks of Rip to include.

It becomes quiet apparent that even ONE tick of Rip is huge.

For my own gear, one tick of Rip under full procs beats a full proc FB with 0-extra energy consumed, and is comparable to best possible FB my gear can produce. And one tick of Rip without procs is 84% of an FB with 0-extra energy consumed.

At three ticks or more, it's not even close.

It only takes a handful of ticks of a properly buffed Rip to recover a minute worth of random 5pt FBs.

For example, take the best ranking 25H Nourshen Feral parse:
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/j60lzh8g ... 176&e=4548
Average FB: 388K (~3% of damage done)
Average Rip tick: 318K (~30% of damage done)

Honored

Postby inferiorlol » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:04 am

Okey, Rip it is then. It also safe guards you so you still have a rip going even if you unexpectedly have to leave your target before you get up to 5 CP again.

Some other questions I have thought about which is about multi target fights where bosses have shared hp (think Fallen Protectors). Not sure if this should be in the raid strategy forum but I guess the answer are not really boss specific. I know some of these questions don't have definite answer, im just looking for a discussion.

- Say you have high uptime on SR and you put up a rip on your target. Do you spend the energy for 3 mangles to increase its duration before you start building CP on another target? Does the answer to this question depend on the strength of the rip you just put up?

- Say you have high uptime on SR and you use TF + Rip on your target. You are now at 3 CP. Do you go up to 5 to refresh SR even though it has a decentduration already? Do you ignore the 3 CP and just start building new CP on another target? Do you go up to 5 CP and FB?

- Say you have 3 targets (like in Fallen protectors). Your have no rake and no thrash. Would you generally apply the thrash before rake if you could hit all 3 targets?

- How would you generally open on such a fight. My guess is something like, FF+ Thrash, then get a strong rip + rake on one target. Extend it with 3 mangles put up a new rake. Soul swap to second boss. Up to 5 CP again on first boss and do a new rip. Then move over to the third boss and put up a third rip.

- How about in the Bitw phase and you got 3 targets? Try get a strong rip on two targets (maybe even 3) and only focus on keeping those up by refreshing them at low CP while maybe keeping thrash and rake up?

- Would you say hurricane is worth it. From the log below I would guess no.

This is my best parse on it: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rkt370e3 ... 193&e=1675

What I think I could improve is Thrash and especially Rip uptime.

Postby hauntedbypast » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:20 pm

Long time reader, first time poster.
My guild is going pushing thru 25M HMs now and I'll more than likely have my pick of the litter w/ regards to trinkets. However we WON'T be going back for any heroic Lei-shen, this means I'm stuck w/ my 536 RoRo. With this in mind I've go no freaking clue when to swap the bugger out. Any help much appreciated.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... ank/simple

Revered

Postby Steakbomb » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:37 pm

A TF Rune will take you until you have 2 heroic SoO trinkets for the most part. I recommend downloading Catus and using the trinket simulator built in to see when it will be better for you to swap it out.

Postby hauntedbypast » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 pm

Wow, I didn't really understand the power of the trinket function it's AMAZING! It simmed out all the possible combinations of trinkets thanks so much!

Revered

Postby Tremnen » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:34 pm

Grats on 5 piece a good trinket and a good weapon all in a single lockout goddamn.

Postby hauntedbypast » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:17 pm

It was a bribe for me to come back to the game, stay back with it, and be the raid leader again...

Postby Karlzone » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:17 pm

Downed hc spoils tonight and a hc wf Sigil of Rampage dropped. I couldn't bear seeing the trinket being disenchanted so I took it.

Now the question is: How does it rank up against other trinkets? I would imagine it being pretty shit for single target fights, but is it worth using for galakras or sha scumbagging? What are the breakpoints that make it strong?
I only have normal rune and hc renataki, so am I better off replacing one of those for single target fights too?

I'll try to make catus work when I have some time, but can it simulate the cleave effect well?

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:38 am

Use Catus, sim your normal trinket vs cleave trinket on a single target, take the % damage difference between the two, that should be your goal % of your damage breakdown it needs to be to be worth using and then from there you can toy around with it on each fight.

It's probably pretty shit on Sha unless you're intentionally letting the adds stay up as long as possible. I've had good experience with it on Galakras but Sten said it wasn't working out for him so maybe depends on your average mob count, mob uptimes, etc of your group.

Postby Sinilye » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:02 am

hauntedbypast wrote:Long time reader, first time poster.
My guild is going pushing thru 25M HMs now and I'll more than likely have my pick of the litter w/ regards to trinkets. However we WON'T be going back for any heroic Lei-shen, this means I'm stuck w/ my 536 RoRo. With this in mind I've go no freaking clue when to swap the bugger out. Any help much appreciated.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... ank/simple

I feel your pain here as well. I'm stuck with a heroic RoR, and even though it's a step down from HTF RoR,you'll find that regardless of "tier" your RoR will shine until you can upgrade to Heroic or HTF, or find 2 heroic trinkets (HWF or normal heroics). My best suggestion to you is to either pug Heroic Lei Shen, or put together something yourself?

Postby Simbba » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:52 pm

Coined H dark shamans last night hoping for Haromm's Talisman but got Heroic warforged Riou's Leggings are they BiS I have Heroic warforged Shoulderguards of the Righteous Stand and running Catus reforge the proc on my RoR with the shoulders is higher than the legs.

Revered

Postby Tremnen » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:25 pm

In full BIS gear the legs will be better than the shoulders. results may vary until then depending on what you are replacing the shoulders with when you put on the pants.

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:16 pm

I think this qualifies as the WoW equivalent of a first-world problem :D
-Sibylle

Exalted

Postby Stenhaldi » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:29 pm

Warforged legs with 4-piece give slightly more total stats than warforged shoulder with 4-piece (mainly since leg is a higher budget slot, so it's better to have the higher item level there). The difference is only about 150 DPS, though -- not enough to show up in a simulation (unless you do a ridiculous number of iterations), and not really enough to matter in-game either.

Leg offpiece also gives you more expertise and hit, so if you're trying to keep those stats low, then that could eat into the advantage.

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS