Register

Feedback on WoL

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Feedback on WoL

Postby Neverpullout » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:47 pm

Hey all,
So I've been following these forums for awhile now and have got a lot out of them since my recent main change to my feral. I played an affliction lock prior to this and feel it helped me understand the importance of snapshoting dots with trinket procs, etc. Anyways I recently got RoRo after what felt like 9108204 attempts to get Lei Shen to drop the damn thing. Even though it's only the reg version it still has been a huge boost to my dps. Now that I got over the RoRo vs not having RoRo hurdle I wanted to get some opinions on my dps in respects to my gear. I feel I'm doing decent but if there is anything anyone notices to really push the envelope I would appreciate the input. Also I got some upgrades that have yet to be reforged etc but I'm sticking to the 1:1:1 secondary reforge weights. I try to stick at the hit and exp cap but sometimes I will be slightly under to maximize my rune proc.

http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/us/ ... vrpullout/

Thanks all!
-Never

Revered

Re: Feedback on WoL

Postby Tremnen » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:18 pm

why are you losing so much dps time on Iron Juggernaut?

Are you all stacking outside of melee range for p2?

Postby Neverpullout » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:35 pm

Yep =( We kind of cheese it by ranging the boss during the seismic phase. There was one week where I ended up in the 390-400k range even with that strat but apparently we all didn't log it hahaha. Was an off night.

Thanks for the reply

Revered

Postby Tremnen » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:25 am

I think honestly your a better feral than I am from looking at your logs. (or you have better RNG on your trinkets lol).

Gear wise Heroic RoRo is a must if you want to keep using RoRo as even a normal mode TED will probably out pace it.

For Malkorok though you guys are dieing to derp (not standing in pools). You should seriously consider your WW monk going Brewmaster and solo tanking p2. If you do this you have to either kill him before the 2nd p2 OR get your WW monk the tank cooldown Reduction trinket (even the LFR one will be fine). We managed to kill him with out ours having one but the 2nd phase 2 was literally all DPS to the outer edges of the ring to maximize his travel time while he killed people off lol. Now we have a CDR trinket on him so its a simple matter of him soloing it twice with no problems.

Honored

Postby Helistar » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:49 am

Tremnen wrote:Gear wise Heroic RoRo is a must if you want to keep using RoRo as even a normal mode TED will probably out pace it.

It won't. I have a TF normal RoRo and I just ran the sims comparing to the other trinkets I have (normal TED, normal Haromm, Heroic AoC). RoRo (+ AoC) is still 5+k dps ahead of anything else. (heroic TF RoRo would be a +7k DPS increase, or +2% DPS, I'm not sure I'm willing to clean HM ToT every week for that).

BTW is it me not understanding how to use it or TED is utter shit?
- you always miss the initial high-agi stacks for Rip, because you don't have time to build the CPs
- TED+RoRo proc means you cannot rake-spam, since you'll be chain-refreshing with a weaker DoT, so you're stuck with mangle/shred which are nerfed by the RoRo proc.
- same problem as all the RPPM trinkets: you cannot plan ahead and the uptime is incredibly unstable.

Revered

Postby Tremnen » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:58 pm

TED is great but you can't just spam playstyle it. Look at the proc like this. It starts out at 23K agility dropping by 1k every .5 seconds. Heroic Harom's proc is only 14K agility.

If you are sitting at 5 CP already and your weak aura/Tellmewhen goes off saying TED proced and you hit Rip you are very likely to snap shot a much higher agility Rip than you would with Haromm. What this means is you need to sit on 5 CP for a long period of time (incase of a proc). you won't want to re apply Rip during the duration again though for TED.

That said the secondary effect of Haromm's (The multi strike) is a flat 5-6% dps gain I've noticed. Much better than the secondary stats that TED gives. I bet theoretically TED can give more DPS but for less observant/lazy ferals Haromm's will give better results.

(I run HotW, Haromm's, and SotF right now so I'm a really lazy kitty)

Postby Neverpullout » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:57 pm

Thanks for the feedback we have been having issue with certain people blowing our raid up over and over. We had a few 5% wipes last night then people started tunneling and it all fell apart. You have re affirmed my thought on the tanking deal, maybe that will be the change that gets us a kill.

I agree on the heroic RoRo deal I would obviously like to have it over my current version. I've been trying to openraid it but there has been all kinds of fail and people dying to normal mode mechanics lol. I actually really like the synergy of AoC and RoRo. Having TF up as often as it is and the 3 free combo points from the set bonus makes getting that rip/rake/thrash combo up during the proc rather easy. I would like to test out a TED, but just from looking at it, it seems like a problematic trinket. Although that is a huge agility proc like you have said unless I sit on close to 5cp when the trinket "should" be procing you lose the max effectiveness of it. And lining up a max DoC/TF/RoRo/TED rip seems like a challenge in itself. I am seeing the same thing on sims as far as TED slightly edging out my current HM AoC, but do you have some real world time with TED? I have no problem with complicated rotations and timing but it seems like TED just compounds the amount of RNG swing in our fight to fight dps. Kind of a double edged sword. Either way i'll look into it, although I know a few other people are scoping that trinket out so it may be a fight getting one =p

I appreciate the input.

What is your guys thoughts on Treants? Is it really worth switching to the talent on patchwerk style fight?

Thanks
-Never

Revered

Postby Tremnen » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:58 pm

I started using treants with HotW this patch because they proved a dps gain and I enjoyed using them. I didnt find the switch to using them difficult at all. If I was using DoC though I would find it daunting juggle PS procs and treant procs as well as alligning trinket procs with high CP rips/rakes. I don't want to mess around with all of that for 2% dps gain.

That said I stopped using treants because they apparently bug out on the conveyor belt on Seigecrafter. We are progressing on him on Hc right now and I need every bit of burst dps I can get.

On that note I switched over to using TED last week while we were progressing on it. TED had been sitting in my bags since I got it (I have a Hc RoRo and a Normal AoC) because I liked the AoC CD reduction. I however do not like the agility proc at all on AoC and because conveyor belts come up around once a minute I want short ICD High proc Rate CD. RoRo is good for this as it procs around once a minute on average. AoC is terrible for it. So I switched to using RoRo and TED for the fight. I found TED was a big improvement and not that hard to adjust to really. It has about a 1 proc per minute frequency as well so with both having higher proc rates I found i was much more likely on a given belt trip to have one or the other or both proc for me.

Just don't treat it like RoRo where you want to just use rake to build Combo Points while it is up. I havent used Catus to test it specifically but I bet if both trinkets are up using Rake is a DPS gain over Mangle even if you are losing Agility on each subsequent Rake.

That said this week i lucked out and got a HcWF Haromm's so that will be my trinket of choice likely until next expansion :S

Exalted

Postby Stenhaldi » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:31 pm

Tremnen wrote:You should seriously consider your WW monk going Brewmaster and solo tanking p2. If you do this you have to either kill him before the 2nd p2 OR get your WW monk the tank cooldown Reduction trinket (even the LFR one will be fine).

Prot paladin can solo it too with enough cooldowns. First time we killed it we had prot paladin solo tank the first blood rage and brewmaster solo tank the second.

Shield of the Righteous scaling is not quite at the level of Stagger, but it's close.

Revered

Postby Tremnen » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:39 pm

Stenhaldi wrote:
Tremnen wrote:You should seriously consider your WW monk going Brewmaster and solo tanking p2. If you do this you have to either kill him before the 2nd p2 OR get your WW monk the tank cooldown Reduction trinket (even the LFR one will be fine).

Prot paladin can solo it too with enough cooldowns. First time we killed it we had prot paladin solo tank the first blood rage and brewmaster solo tank the second.

Shield of the Righteous scaling is not quite at the level of Stagger, but it's close.

on our first kill on the 2nd blood rage we bought ourselves about 2 extra second sby having our mist weaver monk stand infront and Zen Med with the Brewmaster :P

Intentional self sacrifice :D

Return to Kitty DPS