Register

Leafkiller's 4.1 Feral Ovale Script

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Re: Leafkiller's 4.0.6 Feral Ovale Script

Postby Arthaei » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:27 am

@Shmoo - Is this 12,813 or 13,813? where are you getting this value from? and do I add that onto whatever my current haste rating is?
@Mihir - Cheers, I was beginning to think that sticking with TF was the best bet as long as it's still used on cd.
"Many druids died to bring us this information"

Revered

Postby ShmooDude » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:59 pm

Arthaei wrote:@Shmoo - Is this 12,813 or 13,813? where are you getting this value from? and do I add that onto whatever my current haste rating is?
@Mihir - Cheers, I was beginning to think that sticking with TF was the best bet as long as it's still used on cd.

12813 is the amount of haste rating to increase your haste by 100%, add that to whatever your current haste rating is on your gear; the 13813 was just an example if you had 1000 haste rating from your gear.

Postby CaptainCub » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:21 am

I've tried the latest version of Mew that comes with a copy of your script (universal1.script) and got vastly different results from the default script (4K+ dps delta). Is there anything that needs to be commented out or altered?

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:14 pm

The version of my script that is checked into the Mew tree is set to the Atramedes fight. There is a variable:

Code: Select all
int rotation = 2;

that is near the top of the file - that dictates which rotation to use. There are three rotations in the file. If you set the variable to 0, it will use the default rotation (which may be out of date since I updated it on the last public release of Mew). if you set it to 1, you get my version of a "Pathwork" rotation, and if you set it to 2, you will get my version of the Atramedes fight - which is what it was set to when I added it to the Mew tree.

The reason I put multiple rotations into the file was due to the slowness of the Mew file I/O. I did not want to wait for that when testing different fight scenarios. At some point I would like to have the fight scenarios added to the drop down list so they can be individually selected without having to walk through the file system.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:37 pm

I will post a new Ovale script later today (in 6-7 hours when I have some time to spend on it). For now I am just going to change the Berserk code to match my sim work with Berserk no longer being on the GCD.

I am not sure what changes are needed to the Bear code (other than the request to add a single target rotation option that has no AOE abilities in it for fights like Nef). I have read conflicting opinions on what an optimum TPS rotation looks like in 4.1.

Exalted

Re: Leafkiller's 4.1 Feral Ovale Script

Postby Leafkiller » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:10 pm

1.3.2 is posted with fixes to Berserk and the removal of a lot of what was apparently extraneous spellinfo data that was causing issues (rake timers for example were affected by the spellinfo overriding what was detected in game.

All the changes currently are to the cat rotation.

Please test it out and let me know if you are seeing any issues.

Postby Rasin » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:05 pm

Currently I'm getting a bug where the script is suggesting I rake when rake is already up and just refreshed. The script is telling me to cast 2-3 rakes back to back even though the bleed is up on the target. I've tried adding the SpellInfo(RAKE combo=1) and SpellAddTargetDebuff(RAKE RAKE=9) back into the code with no help. The times where it is suggesting rake would otherwise be used for shreds, Everything else seems to be accurate

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:25 am

What version of the script do you have? I fixed that issue in 1.3.2 - - I think it was caused by recent changes to Ovale.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:16 am

Rasin wrote:Currently I'm getting a bug where the script is suggesting I rake when rake is already up and just refreshed. The script is telling me to cast 2-3 rakes back to back even though the bleed is up on the target. I've tried adding the SpellInfo(RAKE combo=1) and SpellAddTargetDebuff(RAKE RAKE=9) back into the code with no help. The times where it is suggesting rake would otherwise be used for shreds, Everything else seems to be accurate

I'm having the same problem actually...

I dunno about Rasin, but I'm using an old old version of the script, I never changed it since I liked the one version a while back and didn't care for the other features you were adding like trinket watching and such XD. My Ovale is also pretty outdated as well...

Also, slightly off topic, but is OoC acting right? It seems to be lasting longer than 1 use, as I got off multiple shreds with one, and I think it's highly unlikely I'd miss 4-5 times in a row without it disappearing.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:41 am

Well I fixed the multiple Rake issue in the latest version of the script along with changing the Berserk code for 4.1. If you are using an old version of the script you are on your own. And yes, people have been reporting that OOC is not being used up by attacks other than finishing moves.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:38 am

Is there any reason it's messing with an older version out of curiosity? I really hate how Blizz feels the need to mess with addon stuff whenever there's a patch...

Postby Rasin » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:16 am

I must not have hit accept when I applied the 1.3.2 version, as it is currently working properly

TY for the amazing script

One other quick question

Wouldn't it make since that if the buff from Unheeded Warning, Heedless Carnage, was up to shred even if you're not at 70 energy, the same way we handle TF and berserk?

so this line
if BuffPresent(CLEARCASTING) or TargetDeadIn(less 10) or BuffPresent(BERSERK) or BuffPresent(TIGERSFURY)
                Spell(SHRED)

would become
if BuffPresent(CLEARCASTING) or TargetDeadIn(less 10) or BuffPresent(BERSERK) or BuffPresent(TIGERSFURY) or BuffPresent(HEEDLESSCARNAGE)
                Spell(SHRED)

Seems like it would end up being a dps increase, but I don't understand the Mew scripts well enough to know how to add it in to check.

Honored

Postby Mihir » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:46 am

I usually don't clip a non-TFed rake during TF either when UH proc is up... but im not sure how useful it is to make a ton of changes to a script to accommodate a single trinket.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:55 pm

@Rasin - maybe on Unheeded Warning. There is no facility in the current Mew sim interface to check for trinket procs so I can't test that without some changes to the Mew code.

Postby Rasin » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:16 pm

@ Mihir
If the trinket weren't so easy to get (as a guild we've seen 1 each week for the passed 3 weeks) and one of our bis trinkets, I'd agree. Also, I didn't think about not refreshing rake early when TF and Heedless Carnage were up. I might mess with the code a little and add those 2 things in just to see how it plays out. If I do, I will post the sections of code I changed in case you anyone wants them for reference, or in case mew starts to let us model it.

@ Leafkiller
That would be why I couldn't figure out how to add it. I figured it would be a function of the if.buffpresent code, but I didn't know what the buff was called. Its probably a minor increase, and who knows what it would do to us as far as energy, rip, and sr uptimes to know if it would even be really worth it.

On a side note, it seems that they fixed the OOC/Predatory Swiftness bug in reguards to shred not consuming OoC when pred swift was up. bummer.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:24 pm

Updated to the new script (after updating Ovale as well got it to work), everything works fine but something's confusing me...what the heck do all the different icons related to FC (I'm assuming) mean? I'm guessing the stopwatch means don't move out/on CD, the dash icon means move out, but what does the weird paw one mean? Use? Because it also pops up in the little window to the right, so is that just another attention getter or does it mean something else? I liked the 1.2 version I was using for the longest time with regards to the FC icons, seemed more simple imo.

Otherwise everything looks like it works fine. Yay :D

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:28 pm

Stopwatch means that FC is off of cooldown but it is not an appropriate time to run out. Dash means FC is off of cooldown and it is an appropriate time to run out. For example, you do not want to run out during TF and Berserk.

Keep in mind the current content does not favor running out on most fights. Mostly I use that box on the fights with 0 distance FC to tell me when it is off of cooldown - and other times when I am far enough away from the mob that the FC icon comes on. I run out on Ascendant Council for instance - when the fire guy charges away.

Honored

Postby Mandragaran » Sun May 01, 2011 10:19 pm

Is anyone else seeing Berzerk being recommended practically on top of TF?

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sun May 01, 2011 10:37 pm

Is anyone else seeing Berzerk being recommended practically on top of TF?

I sure hope so. They are both off of the GCD - and should be cast together right at the end of a GCD along with the next ability. Welcome to the post 4.1 world.

Postby Zaxxan » Wed May 04, 2011 1:14 pm

I've nto noticed any werd suggestions but I have been noticing that the window for the suggested next ability sometimes starts to flicker quite badly. Only that window the rest seem fine, and it only started after 4.1 + Updated Script.

Postby smurf » Wed May 04, 2011 5:55 pm

hello everyone,im a new feral cat,and just found out this awesome site.thank you for the info on this forum.
noob question,can anyone kindly educate me with this script pls,what do i do with the code,what kind of file should i save to and by what name to replace which file to get the Ovale work. pls help me

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Wed May 04, 2011 6:09 pm

smurf wrote:hello everyone,im a new feral cat,and just found out this awesome site.thank you for the info on this forum.
noob question,can anyone kindly educate me with this script pls,what do i do with the code,what kind of file should i save to and by what name to replace which file to get the Ovale work. pls help me

http://murlocparliament.com/2010/10/27/ ... r-dummies/

Postby Arthaei » Wed May 04, 2011 8:42 pm

Cheers for the updated script Leaf. I noticed with the new release of Rawr some interesting optimized results, it's discounting the 4set tier bonus and optimizing for Helm + Legs to keep the 2set bonus, and using offset stuff for all the other slots. Seems for trinkets Prestor's beats EotC outright by around 20 dps, and then with full BiS gear, Unheeded Warning and EotC are literally a 5 dps difference... From what I can see this setup yields much higher mastery (2288 in current gear or 2374 rating with conclave ring and nef trinket) and added expertise. Anyone else having similar results? it would be nice to know what the absolute bis set is.
"Many druids died to bring us this information"

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Thu May 05, 2011 12:14 am

Don't trust formulation - it is not as reliable as simulation - and RAWR's formulation has not had any peer review that I am aware of.

Honored

Postby felhoof » Thu May 05, 2011 7:08 pm

Okay, just started playing with this, and after adding Leafkiller's script I get some...odd things in Ovale. Namely, the left buttons - why is it showing things like dash and polar bear mounts for information? I presume this is because I don't have stampede, but it's very weird.

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS