Register

SoO - Norushen 3/14

These strats will give you a 32.33% chance of survival...repeating, of course.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Honored

Re: SoO - Norushen 3/14

Postby Paloro » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:44 pm

Sibylle wrote:That's the thing, I haven't really used DoC before so I guess I'd need some practice first. I'm going to try and see what it does to my dps when I kill the adds without Berserk. Thanks for the replies, folks :)

The only difference is using HT in your rotation. The best thing is, you can practice doing this while playing HotW (and not suffer the loss for doing it incorrectly). At first, just start tracking PS procs and making sure you use HT before any expire. Once you are comfortable doing that, start trying to "time" it with doing it before a Rip.

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:08 pm

I'll try that, thank you :) I'm already tracking PS procs so I should be able to get into it fairly quickly.
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Honored

Postby mekell » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:33 pm

Ok, so we attempted heroic norushen last night. I have been running HOTW/SOTF and was not having any issue killing all the adds in the proving grounds before time ran out (not using berserk). We didn't get the boss down, but i went in both with full corruption and 75 corruption, and was able to defeat all the adds with this setup.

I know sib was asking whether or not this was feasible, and from a "can you do it?" perspective, i can say it is. However, we didn't kill the boss (short on overall dps by about 11%), so take that information with a grain of salt. We are going to do a couple full clears to get a few more upgrades for people (we still have people with timeless 535 pieces), and i think we will be fine.

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:41 pm

I did it without Berserk this week. It wasn't a "problem" killing the adds but I did come out with significantly less dps overall - however, we all know how many factors dps depends on, procs, playstyle, maybe I just had an "off" day, etc etc.

The question is really, does the additional Berserk during boss dps make up for lost uptime on the boss?
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Honored

Postby Paloro » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:50 am

Sibylle wrote:The question is really, does the additional Berserk during boss dps make up for lost uptime on the boss?

I wouldn't judge this one instance as a matter of if it is better or not. It is extremely hard to replicate the conditionals of the first attempt. Did you have the same procs while under as last time? Perhaps you used TF too early? Did you go down on the same number rotation?

By far, ferals are the best candidate to go first. Back when we first killed it (minus the burn strat), I was doing some 405k dps versus other classes only doing 320k and that was at some awfully low ilvl (~553).

If you get a RoR proc, don't be afraid to send your treants to the Sha's that are further away. I use DB after getting the big Sha and first little Sha down to blink to the one where my treants were sent to. This one usually only requires the first application of Rake. Then I do a mini-burn on the last Sha making sure I save up energy for when I get ported back up top.

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:51 pm

Yeah, that's what I meant - it's really hard to tell whether the difference was done by the change I made, or something else :)

I don't have a Rune, unfortunately (only ever got the LFR one). It didn't feel like it was taking a whole lot longer to kill the guys in the test realm. I'll just have to try it again this way next week, and see how it goes.

I really appreciate all the comments and advice, it's encouraged me to experiment a little. I've even started practicing with DoC!
-Sibylle

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:09 am

Regarding the orb room if you're going down at the start of the fight, once you have enough gear for your respective difficulty you can just put a Rake on each mob and they should all die. Make sure to Rake the big guy first and you should FF him as you run up to proc your trinkets.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:59 pm

Make sure your raid leader is ok with your big add dying right away. Just blindly killing it can cause the upstairs to have to many bigs spawn at once. In my case I usually have to save it for last, or my raid gets 4 at once.

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:01 pm

Tinderhoof wrote:Make sure your raid leader is ok with your big add dying right away. Just blindly killing it can cause the upstairs to have to many bigs spawn at once. In my case I usually have to save it for last, or my raid gets 4 at once.

Yeah, that's what we do too. I and our mage go in first, and he kills the big add immediately, while I kill it last (I'm mobile, he's a silly caster. 'nuff said ;) )
-Sibylle

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:57 am

Tinderhoof wrote:Make sure your raid leader is ok with your big add dying right away. Just blindly killing it can cause the upstairs to have to many bigs spawn at once. In my case I usually have to save it for last, or my raid gets 4 at once.

We just have people focus fire on the lowest targets when killing them upstairs. Plus, if you're just putting Rake on it it'll still take ~10s to die.

Honored

Postby mekell » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:38 pm

We got heroic nuroshen last night! yay for us being 10 million years behind the curve, but hey progress is progress.

A rogue and myself went in first. I stagger going in by a couple seconds or kill my small adds first that way we dont get a double big-add spawn up top at the same time. Seemed to work pretty well. This is prolly old news for most of you :)

Previous

Return to Raid Strategies