Register

Leafkiller's MoP Feral/Guardian Ovale Script

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Honored

Re: Leafkiller's MoP Feral/Guardian Ovale Script

Postby Jeshu » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:46 pm

That error is fixed in the final 5.4.5 release. It's a reference to a file that's already been removed from the addon, but if you are hand-updating to beta releases, then I think that file stays around. The release removes the reference to that file.

Honored

Postby Andanas » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:18 pm

After updating Ovale to 5.4.3, and leafkiller's script to 5.4.3.0, I'm getting this error:

Code: Select all
Date: 2013-11-02 13:26:20
ID: 7
Error occured in: Global
Count: 856
   attempt to index field 'params' (a nil value)
Debug:
   [C]: ?
   Ovale\OvaleFrame.lua:200: OnUpdate()
   Ovale\OvaleFrame.lua:84:
      Ovale\OvaleFrame.lua:83
Locals:

AddOns:

Postby Crossbow » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:12 pm

Using Ovale v5.4.3 with Leafkiller's script "#10/24/13 version 5.4.3.0" which is included in Nerien's package v5.4.5.

I must conclude it's useless in its current state, since it keeps overwriting a strong Rake with weak Rakes, which totally gimps dps output.

It was fine before the update of november 1st. Unsure if this is caused by the script, or Ovale's internals, because they were updated together.

Revered

Postby ShmooDude » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:22 pm

Hmm, something musta crept into the last couple betas that broke what I had and I didn't notice.

Try: http://pastebin.com/VjYqh8v6

Postby Crossbow » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:45 pm

Awesome, that certainly fixed the Rake issue.

Only thing that I notice now is that it totally avoids Ferocious Bite when the target is above 25% health. Even with a >15s Rip and >30s Savage Roar active and 5 combo points, it keeps refreshing Rip or sticks to mangle spam, thus wasting combo points... If intentional, what's the theory behind this?

Revered

Postby ShmooDude » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:18 pm

Crossbow wrote:Awesome, that certainly fixed the Rake issue.

Only thing that I notice now is that it totally avoids Ferocious Bite when the target is above 25% health. Even with a >15s Rip and >30s Savage Roar active and 5 combo points, it keeps refreshing Rip or sticks to mangle spam, thus wasting combo points... If intentional, what's the theory behind this?

Probably a similar issue, though this one won't be quite as easy to fix and login servers are borked so I can't get on wow atm.

Revered

Postby ShmooDude » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:19 pm

ShmooDude wrote:
Crossbow wrote:Awesome, that certainly fixed the Rake issue.

Probably a similar issue, though this one won't be quite as easy to fix and login servers are borked so I can't get on wow atm.

Actually was a different issue. Its also only present on targets that require more than an hour to kill (really only raid boss target dummies) as it works fine on normal mobs so it should be ok for everything but testing on target dummies till Ovale gets fixed (its an ovale bug, not a script bug)

Postby Crossbow » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:28 pm

Thanks for the quick responses. It was indeed a target dummy, I should have mentioned that. It worked just fine on the actual raid.

Postby southpawz » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:31 pm

you are saying that there is not much difference using a Rake instead of a Shred and that this new Rake clipping to get stronger Rakes is a dps increase however Rake does not extend the duration of Rip like Shred does so I really don't understand this logic. Having your Rip extended every time you shred really smooths out and improves the rotation imo. I apologize if this has already been addressed i haven't read all 32 pages of posts...just to clarify having the script pretty much always suggest Rake is not a bug? B/c mine does not just suggest a double rake here and there it suggests it constantly so this feels like a bug..thought i read somewhere that it worked until a patch then broke and also read something about it working in a raid but broken on the dummies...i have only tested it on a dummy...there seems to be some other issues that it does not suggest a FB or a rip when i have 5 CP just keeps prompting Rake...and also it only suggests Force of Nature out of combat but once i enter combat it never shows up again...is this script broken? there seem to be a lot of issues...i have the latest Ovale and Nerians installed and i reset the Ovale back to the default script several times even copied to custom then reset that tried everything but seems broken...on another note my Ovale/Nerian were working fine till the last update which updated them both then i had problems on my hunter, mage and priest had to go into the scripts and start tweaking and simplifying to get them to work again...this is the first test on the kitty with Leafkiller so im pretty new to the script, been using the Nerian one up until now.

Edit: ok I was mistaken i was running Nerian 5.4.5 and Ovale 5.4.3 and just updated to Nerian 5.4.6 and Ovale 5.4.4 and seems to have fixed the rake issue if i go out and fight a rare or something that stays up for at least 10 secs but i still have issues on the dummies...maybe its a dummy thing...also noticed that if i target the far left dummy in the shrine it will show Force of Nature but targeting any of the others just shows SR so its prolly not Leaf's script. however FoN would be nice to show in combat not just b4 the pull and noticed interrupts dont show up...is there a checkbox for interrupts im not seeing? Would love to start adding some of my own code but im really unfamiliar with this script...and not a code junkie i just copy/paste from other scripts etc mix and match what i like...can you tell me where the "Main Actions" window or main rotation box starts...im used to a heading designating where different windows and checkboxes are written...thx in advance
Last edited by southpawz on Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby JTF195 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:24 pm

I just recently moved to a new server and joined a 11/14H 25m guild, and I'm now having crippling framerate issues during the first 0:30 - 1:30 of many fights in SoO.

I did have some issues in my previous guild on certain fights, but they were nowhere near as severe, so I'm assuming it's a result of higher APM+burst during our opener.

I was just wondering if there are any options I can tweak to lower the CPU usage, or if I'm going to have to stop using Ovale and/or upgrade my hardware

Revered

Postby ShmooDude » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:42 pm

southpawz wrote:you are saying that there is not much difference using a Rake instead of a Shred and that this new Rake clipping to get stronger Rakes is a dps increase however Rake does not extend the duration of Rip like Shred does so I really don't understand this logic. Having your Rip extended every time you shred really smooths out and improves the rotation imo. I apologize if this has already been addressed i haven't read all 32 pages of posts...just to clarify having the script pretty much always suggest Rake is not a bug? B/c mine does not just suggest a double rake here and there it suggests it constantly so this feels like a bug..thought i read somewhere that it worked until a patch then broke and also read something about it working in a raid but broken on the dummies...i have only tested it on a dummy...there seems to be some other issues that it does not suggest a FB or a rip when i have 5 CP just keeps prompting Rake...and also it only suggests Force of Nature out of combat but once i enter combat it never shows up again...is this script broken? there seem to be a lot of issues...i have the latest Ovale and Nerians installed and i reset the Ovale back to the default script several times even copied to custom then reset that tried everything but seems broken...on another note my Ovale/Nerian were working fine till the last update which updated them both then i had problems on my hunter, mage and priest had to go into the scripts and start tweaking and simplifying to get them to work again...this is the first test on the kitty with Leafkiller so im pretty new to the script, been using the Nerian one up until now.

Rip lasts 16 seconds at base, most of the time you'll still be able to extend rip its max of 3 times even using rake heavily. Simc/Catus shows it as a DPS up to use rake as a filler on the whole. There might be room for logic where it'll use mangle/shred if you need to extend rip due to heavy rake usage but I doubt it'd make a significant difference. There was a bug but I fixed it in 5.4.3.1 which got uploaded in the latest neriens (not sure when that was released though).

The FB bug only applies on target dummies (or targets that will die in > 1 hour) and is an ovale problem and not a script problem.

FoN only shows up if you turn on Left: Small Predictive box and it'll show up in one of those (since its off the GCD putting it in the main rotation is the wrong place). Probably should also add a Right: Big FoN box or something so people have options.

Any problems on other scripts and you should put in a ticket here.

Anyone that wants a script that works on a target dummy should use: http://pastebin.com/9rJiQ52j Not going to bother uploading that to nerien's as its just a workaround for target dummies.

JTF195 wrote:I just recently moved to a new server and joined a 11/14H 25m guild, and I'm now having crippling framerate issues during the first 0:30 - 1:30 of many fights in SoO.

I did have some issues in my previous guild on certain fights, but they were nowhere near as severe, so I'm assuming it's a result of higher APM+burst during our opener.

I was just wondering if there are any options I can tweak to lower the CPU usage, or if I'm going to have to stop using Ovale and/or upgrade my hardware

Most everyone I know is having similar issues, though I'm sure Ovale exacerbates the problem. I could probably add an option that turns off the bleed prediction portion of the script which iirc would lower the CPU usage of Ovale by half (but still significantly higher than other addons, ovale by nature does a lot of computation so needs a lot of CPU time). I don't know that you'd see a significant improvement from that. As a test for me, if you could try a pull running either the nerien's version or the base ovale version of the script and tell me if that's a significant improvement (both of those would still be lower CPU usage than even a cut down leafkiller's script).
Last edited by ShmooDude on Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby southpawz » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:52 pm

yeah man thx posted an edit that i updated to latest versions which got the FB working and yeah figured out its a dummy issue then saw your reply...many thanks for all your hard work on getting this sorted out i love the way your script is set up and thx for the heads up on how the Rake spam affects rip extentions etc. the only thing i miss from my old nerians script now is the interrupts which i can put in myself and yeah i have the big right pre-emptive box shown and would like to put the interrupts there but where does that part of the script start...thx in advance. and also for future reference where does the main rotation window start i see you have some heading for bleeds and whatnot guess i could start there just wanted to know for sure b4 i start hacking up the script...does the main window start here?:

#############################
## Feral rotation functions (Mastery=2) ##
#############################

or further down here?:

# Feral rotation

AddFunction MainActions

and "Big Right Predictive starts here?:

AddFunction Prediction
{
if Stance(3) {
MainActions()

actually i see you have skull bash and typhoon etc defined to show up in the small left cooldown boxes but they are not showing up...are they supposed to show in the rip/rake ratio boxes? b/c nothing is showing there atm are these disabled i remember reading somewhere in one of the posts you had disabled them temporarily b/c of some bug?
Last edited by southpawz on Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Revered

Postby ShmooDude » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:34 pm

southpawz wrote:yeah man thx posted an edit that i updated to latest versions which got the FB working and yeah figured out its a dummy issue then saw your reply...many thanks for all your hard work on getting this sorted out i love the way your script is set up and thx for the heads up on how the Rake spam affects rip extentions etc. the only thing i miss from my old nerians script now is the interrupts which i can put in myself and yeah i have the big right pre-emptive box shown and would like to put the interrupts there but where does that part of the script start...thx in advance. and also for future reference where does the main rotation window start i see you have some heading for bleeds and whatnot guess i could start there just wanted to know for sure b4 i start hacking up the script...does the main window start here?:
<snip>

No, look for "AddIcon" that's where the icons are made, they're at the bottom. Icons with mastery=2 are feral, mastery=3 are guardian. There's actually a commented out interrupt section, just remove the checkbox requirement and you can add it yourself, I might find a place to add it back at some point.

Postby Gynaecology » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:41 am

Is there any plan to add Force of Nature support to the feral script?

Honored

Postby Grenache » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:05 am

Gynaecology wrote:Is there any plan to add Force of Nature support to the feral script?

2 pages back in this thread, Aggix said:

"It works just fine if you're running rune (or renataki's) but you have to have "Left: Alternate Predictive" on to see it. Once I get the logic how it should be for all the trinkets (which I think requires some additions to Ovale to pull off) I'll make sure there's a right side option for it as well."

Revered

Postby Steakbomb » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:33 pm

Updated to latest Nerian/Ovale(Release versions) and Bear script seems to be broken. Getting chat log messages and what not

Revered

Postby ShmooDude » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:59 am

Steakbomb wrote:Updated to latest Nerian/Ovale(Release versions) and Bear script seems to be broken. Getting chat log messages and what not

Not seeing any issues using 5.4.3.1 Leafkiller's and 5.4.8 Ovale on my end (not on target dummies anyhow). Gonna need more info.

Revered

Postby Steakbomb » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:36 pm

EDIT: NVM, somehow Ovale switched back to the old 5.4.2 custom script I had in. Sorry. Thanks though

Postby Gynaecology » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:55 am

Hi, so something I've been noticing after cross-analyzing logs.

To begin this isn't meant to be a "Log analysis, fix dps" post. I'm just trying to figure out if my ovale is acting up or what.

Here I'm going to post my log from Sha of Pride and a Fragnance log (I usually use him in comparisons for obvious reasons).

My log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-a ... 093&e=1505

His log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/feqt ... 940&e=3254

Now I did run to take rifts three more times and they were pretty far away. However, his rip/take uptime is far better than mine. I'm following the Leafkiller Script to the spell, although my PS uses were low (I need to pay attention more and use them during movement).

ANYWAY, my question is why do my up times seem so low? Is it the way the SimCraft rotation actually functions, or is it on my end? And could it possibly be on Ovale's end.

TL;DR I think Ovale is letting me sit without a rip/rake up and I'm thinking of getting rid of it altogether.

Revered

Postby ShmooDude » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:24 am

One thing you gotta keep in mind is the script assumes that you never leave the target. So for example, if you have a high rake up (ovale/simc will wait to apply a new rake) and its 1 second away from expiring, and you take that moment to go after a rift, you're gonna get significant rake downtime from that.

Unless you're specifically refreshing bleeds before grabbing a rift, its going to affect your uptimes and the fact that you had to leave the boss 2.5x as much as him explains the difference in uptimes (again unless you specifically reapply bleeds before leaving, which is something the script won't do).

If you really think the script is not working right, I'd need a pure patchwerk style fight (malkorok normal or iron jugg heroic if you don't use the out range the siege strat). But the further a fight deviates from 100% single target with no downtime, the less "optimal" the script will be.

Postby Gynaecology » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:55 am

I appreciate the reply.

What you said makes perfect sense. I think in this case I should just try to run for a rift immediately after refreshing bleeds. Before I wasn't considering the fact that I may have been running for rifts when my rip was <5s. So I think this is more of a matter of timing. This wasn't the only fight that was like this. For example, our various heroic Malkorok attempts and kills varied quite a bit in my uptimes, which I'm thinking is largely due to the times when I go and soak orbs.

So thank you. I think you made me realize that a robot can't always make the perfect decision for you and I was kind of just blindly relying on it. Other than that the script works great. It seems to overwrite rips and rakes at the proper ratios, so I'd like to say thanks for taking the time to write it.

Postby Kihrawr » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:51 pm

More of a bug report for Jeshu, but it looks like the latest Ovale no longer works with ElvUI skins. It used to work just fine.

Revered

Postby ShmooDude » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:33 am

Kihrawr wrote:More of a bug report for Jeshu, but it looks like the latest Ovale no longer works with ElvUI skins. It used to work just fine.

How so? I've seen no difference? I do use ElvUI Addon Skins in addition to the base ElvUI, so that might be the difference.

Postby Димонтий » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:35 pm

Why in rotation cat no "Force of Nature"?

Revered

Postby Steakbomb » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:32 pm

Grenache wrote:
Gynaecology wrote:Is there any plan to add Force of Nature support to the feral script?

2 pages back in this thread, Aggix said:

"It works just fine if you're running rune (or renataki's) but you have to have "Left: Alternate Predictive" on to see it. Once I get the logic how it should be for all the trinkets (which I think requires some additions to Ovale to pull off) I'll make sure there's a right side option for it as well."

This is why FoN doesn't show up.

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS