Register

Edgy/Raffy's Catus Thread (Not 6.0 Ready Yet)

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Revered

Re: Edgy/Raffy's Official Catus Thread

Postby Steakbomb » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:30 pm

Thok's trinket is in the loot table in Catus.

Thok's Tail Tip is the trinket. If it isnt in the list then you might have to update Catus. V29 is the current Version

Postby Sinilye » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:46 pm

You're right - I somehow overlooked that...

Exalted

Postby raffy » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:24 am

In the paperdoll, if [x] out a trinket, and scroll to the bottom of the gear menu there is an "Add..." and "Edit..." option. From here, you can add any trinket by item ID.

More simply, you can [alt] click on Basic's "Select Trinkets..." button to add/edit custom trinkets (presents the same interface as above.)

Or, you could use the Advanced mode, to add custom trinket pairs by item ID (but you'd need to upgrade them via code "+8" or whatever).

Lastly, all gear in "CatusGear.txt" (inside of the Cache/dl.dropbox.com folder) is always available in Catus.

To test this functionality, you can add the depreciated trinket "102312", which is the "Boss X Loot 5" trinket from the PTR.

Unfortunately, since most trinkets use custom spells, adding unimplemented trinkets will result in an warning when you simulate. The passive stats will work regardless.

Honored

Postby Ekthelion » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:13 am

raffy wrote:Try clearing your gear first before importing, or creating a blank profile: [ctrl-N] or [alt]+Green Plus.
This didn't help either (probably because my obsolete BS gems are the problem).
Da Vuhdo iz wid'ya mon!

Exalted

Postby raffy » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:42 am

Released Catus v30. Mostly bug fixes. I've been pretty busy lately so no major features.
- locale is forced to enUS
- can import via armory url (decodes encoded-chars and detects region)
- forced import clears search cache
- renamed "maximize secondary" to "maximize stats"
- normal "maximize stats" should be faster
- bear form + "maximize stats" exposes "guardian crit cap"
- guardian crit cap is semi-exhaustive and uses a heuristic for speed (but has access to all gems)
- bugfix: failure during stat weight calculation when you have 0 set bonuses
- bugfix: invalid socket checks
- worst-case FoN threshold changed slightly (5% -> 10%)
- [alt]+click FoN in computable statistics for damage threshold for addon
- heroism icon is clickable and toggles between true heroism and drums of rage
- config auto-rename if default or ends with "!"
- worgen is true 1% crit

Please let me know if I broke anything.

You can activate "Enforce Guardian Crit Cap", by selecting "Bear Form" in "Cat Stats" and choosing the "Maximize Stats" reforger. Recommend settings are something like: Hit(7.5%) Exp(15%) Range(100), with weights:
Code: Select all
Agi: 2
Mastery: 1
Haste: 2.5
Crit: 5
(note: pulled out of my ass)

If you're using a locale that has ","-decimal separator (and you changed any fields to commas in v29 due to the locale change) you'll need to change them back. All numbers are parsed and presented using US conventions.

Honored

Postby Ekthelion » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:28 am

Great job raffy! It works! :)
Da Vuhdo iz wid'ya mon!

Exalted

Postby raffy » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:36 am

FYI: I updated the item database the other day to reflect changes in 5.4.1, so that's why your Catus had to redownload all the gear/gems recently.

Released Catus v31: very minor updates
- import via url selects region
- cat/bear form buttons have new icons
- new guardian form (reflects different mastery, bear armor, armor specialization)
- default settings for maximize stat reforger for use in trinket simulator uses much larger search range

Revered

Postby Steakbomb » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:50 pm

Maybe I haven't messed with it enough or something but is there a certain way to mess with Catus to get it to help reforges/gems for Guardian?

I have 2 complete gear sets, 1 for Kitty, and 1 for Bear. I tank a few fights this tier.

I messed with the stat weights a bit and gemming around but it always assumes I'm working with a cat spec.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:11 pm

Guardian Reforge Instructions
0. download Catus
1. import your druid (you can just enter your druids name or paste an armory url)
2. setup your talents (it will grab your Feral talents if you have a Feral spec)
3. setup your buffs and consumables (flask/food)
4. show "Cat Stats", and toggle "Guardian"
5. show "Reforger", and click "Maximize Stats"
6. setup your constraints (see screenshot)
Note: sometimes, you'll want to put the Crit Cap slighty above 79%, like 79.05%.
7. use [x] change gems, [x] break bonuses, [x] hands, [x] back
8. click "Reforge"
9. check "Cat Stats" (which are bear stats in bear form) for current crit%

OK, I like my reforge -- now what?
1. show "Gear Compare", click "Armory" to diff your gear relative to your armory
2. click "Reforgerade" to export the reforging
3. click "Shopping List" to export the gear changes

Like my other Catus reforgers, this process is exhaustive and will find the best combination of stats relative to your stat weights that satsify your constraints. The solution menu will contain other lesser solutions, ranked by their total stat-weighted sum.

For every druid I've tested, following the process above results in a better reforge.

Additional Information
You can enter Hit/Exp as percentage: "7.5%", "15%", or w/e.
You can click the Hit/Exp value on the stat line above the reforger to toggle it between rating and effective-%.
Lastly, the rest of Catus operates under the assumption that you're Feral.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:20 pm

Steakbomb wrote:Maybe I haven't messed with it enough or something but is there a certain way to mess with Catus to get it to help reforges/gems for Guardian?

I copied and improved the guide I posted to MMO-C recently. Catus is still strictly Feral, but I've recently made it so you can view your Guardian stats and do Guardian reforging. The extent of the "Guardian" stats includes Strong Bear form Armor Modifier (+3.3x), Nature's Guardian (Mastery, Armor), and Leather Specialization (+5% Sta). I believe the rest of stats should match a Guardian Bear exactly in-game, with the exception of the paper doll "DPS" field (Blizzard does some strange rounding here, my number is off by ~4 DPS. I need to check Paperdoll.lua). AFAIK, my number is more correct.

Warning: the stat weight reforger will probably produce strange results in Guardian mode if you don't have Crit as "best". I'm using heuristic that pulled out of my ass to greatly increase the reforger speed. The reforger starts out really-really slow, and it slowly builds up a lower bound on how much Crit you actually can produce, such that it can aggressively reject silly solutions. The main problem with exhaustive reforging and a Crit ceiling, is that each gem slot can be 9+ gems, because I can't reject lesser gems strictly from their stat weights.

Revered

Postby Steakbomb » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:38 am

Thanks for the guide. I just used the guide to look at what I can change to improve my crit a bit more. Doesn't help I use the same weapon in Cat and Bear but even in 552 gear I can still ALMOST hit crit cap and sit around 27% haste so that's good. I am hoping next week to finally get my bear 4 piece and a few bear upgrades to hit the crit cap and then finally focus a bit more on haste.

I used to have a 543 Primordius Trinket laying around somewhere but I apparently deleted or sold it too long ago thinking I wouldn't ever need it(only tanked 1 boss last tier and that was during our achievement run) so I just started putting my bear set back together the last couple weeks as I tank Shamans and Nazgrim on heroic now.

I'm not super worried about the DPS being spot on as I it's much easier to min/max my bear gear as I don't use Rune in it and I tanked all of Wrath/Cata/Start of MoP. Only went full time kitty at the end of T14. I keep up pretty well with our warrior tank that is in 569 gear now.

Honored

Postby mekell » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:28 am

Steakbomb wrote:I used to have a 543 Primordius Trinket laying around somewhere but I apparently deleted or sold it too long ago thinking I wouldn't ever need it(only tanked 1 boss last tier and that was during our achievement run) so I just started putting my bear set back together the last couple weeks as I tank Shamans and Nazgrim on heroic now.

You can use the item restoration feature as long as you didnt disenchant it.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/articl ... estoration

Revered

Postby Steakbomb » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:10 pm

Yea I tried that, it wasn't there and I also tried to submit a ticket to no avail. Been doing Heroic ToT with OpenRaid groups to try and get a Heroic/H TF Rune so maybe, hopefully another Primo trinket will drop for me too.

Honored

Postby inferiorlol » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:56 pm

I have a question about Zephyr. I have a Brewmaster monk in my guild who wants to basically get 1:1:1 except BM go for crit and going above 100% crit is useless. Is it possible to put a checkbox in Zephyr that would optimize the RoR proc without going above 100% crit.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:16 am

I can take a look at this tomorrow. 1:1:1 reforging with Crit cap is actually the same as stat-weights with a Crit cap, since the balance of Haste/Mastery isn't important. I believe I can add the same field that I have for Guardians.

Postby talar » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:56 pm

As far as using the shopping last and the reforge list to find the changes for my Guardian....I have found a twist that is working for me. I still have askmrrobot add-on installed for some of my other toons....so I use the export for it in Catus for it. I take the export to a text editor and change the spec variable from the feral value to 104 which is the guardian variable and it seems to work just fine. Haven't found any reason that this isn't working. It let's me use the auto reforge, auto gem, and gives me the features to email my gem and enchant lists to my alts for crafting. Just an idea that might make it a little easier for some of the guardians. Obviously use at your own risk.

Postby Raolf » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:06 pm

I swear I found the answer to this a couple weeks ago, but can't seem to locate it again.

My question has to do with stat weights. Before flex, it was easy for me to choose a setup to run simulations, because I only ran LFR, and I had the Rune, so I'd activate all the groups buffs, etc. Now that I am able to run flex, with the group size and composition so random, what would the optimal settings for the buffs, debuffs, temporary effects sections be?

If I understand correctly, I want to use a different setup depending on if I'm running the stat weight sim or the distribution sim--at least in regards to the fight duration: fixed/auto/simc*. I've already seen pretty significant differences in the results from sims I've run, trying out different combinations of options--one even changed a red gem slot to orange, and a few other blue/yellow slots to pure mastery or green gems.

Is there also an optimal setup for running the trinket comparison sim? Last week I finally replaced my LFR Rune, because it was a small dps increase, but I'm concerned that I'm skewing my results by not configuring the sim settings properly.

I also tried copying 1) aggixx's, and 2) shmoodude/stehnaldi's, as well as the 3) Catus (from Show Action List button) scripts into simc, and it gives me errors like:
1) "Player Raolf unable to create action: treants,if=talent.force_of_nature.enabled"
2-3) "Player Raolf action virmens_bite_potion : Unable to decode expression function 'buff.rune_of_reorigination.up'"

I have a very basic understanding of script language, C++, python, etc., so I tried deleting the lines referring to treants, or adding a # in front of them, but the same error still returned.

I know I'm doing something wrong, and it seems like I'm doing everything the same as in the past, but can't seem to figure it out.

Any advice?

Exalted

Postby raffy » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:25 pm

@inferiorlol, I'll get around to this soon.

@talar, I'll make it so when Guardian form is selected, AMR exports using Guardian spec.

@raolf, I don't know if I understand your question.

The only way to figure out how much the various buffs matter is to guess/math-it/simulate them. Buff/debuff coverage in Flex is usually pretty good since rarely people run with just 10 players. The critical things that could greatly impact your results is the presence of Heroism, Skull Banner, Stats, AP, Attack Speed, and Flask/Food/Potions. Having incomplete coverage will definitely impact your stat weights but so does everything else: varying combat time, rotational mistakes, fight mechanics that don't match simulation, etc.

The Feral action list is not universal. It was designed to maximize bleed damage. So it's pretty much a given that w/ or w/o a Rune, Mastery is your best secondary. So your first objective is figuring out 1 Agi vs. 2 Mastery. And then if you're not using a Rune, the followup objective: Haste vs Crit (relative to Mastery or Agility.)

The Catus action list is no longer backwards compatible with simc.

All of the Catus sections that are prefixed with "Simulator: ____" are only validate relative to the selected settings and encounter. To properly sim trinkets (or any Catus simulator), you need to setup everything first. I typically use the "Defaults" (Use Recommended Settings) in the Encounter panel and then disable Skull Banner (since I don't raid with a Warrior.) I raid 10 and frequently don't have Attack Speed so I often do two sets of simulations. Our Mage likes to blow Heroism really early too.

While Catus is designed to be easy to use, it's got a lot of flexibility. I tried to keep everything configurable because I'm more interested in figuring out how stuff interacts, than trying to maximize my simulated DPS. I think it's important to have a ballpark idea regarding the importance of the various buffs, debuffs, cooldowns, etc.

There's also a lot of things that could be improved with the action list. The bleed clipping logic is still pretty primitive. I've been meaning to switch over to more intelligent code, maybe I'll do this in the next update. There is a lot of DPS to gain (especially for TED) with better bleed logic.

If you're looking for a specific tutorial or something I'd be glad to give an explanation.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:37 pm

I've also got some miscellaneous Catus tidbits that I've been meaning to post but haven't gotten around to it:
- I plan on playing next expansion as Feral so you can expect to see continued Catus support.
- I'll do a Catus update soon with some bug fixes, the various things I mentioned earlier, Stormlash change, and new bleed logic.
- I think further development is probably a waste until I know more about WoD. I expect to have Catus working for WoD soon after the Beta is released.
- I think the elimination of reforging and the simplification of sockets will be very welcome from the analysis standpoint. We can spend more time working on proper ability use and less time futzing with gear.
- I learned a lot from my Catus development and I have a much better understanding of how a simulator should be structured and organized.
- Catus was bootstrapped by emulating simc scripts, which was great at first since I didn't need to maintain the action list, but ended up being a huge pain in the ass as development continued. I lose an incredible amount of speed (#1 slowdown by a huge margin) in simulation being locked into the simc action list pipeline.
- I expect to have editable action list support for WoD Catus along with a greatly improved simulator framework.
- I will probably open source the project so others can help too.

Postby madmax0605 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:47 pm

ok so iv extracted etc, checked my java is installed... cant find the damn file to begin the installation of catus D: searched everywhere! everything is insertnamehere.class and nothing to open to start catus installation.. HELP!

Exalted

Postby raffy » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:42 pm

Possibly you extracted the "Catus.jar" file? JAR files are just zip archives, so you might of mistakingly decompressed the jar, which explains the .class files.

Download Catus again and try launching the "Catus.jar" file.
If it tries to decompress again, try launching Catus via the command-line with: "java -jar Catus.jar" (after navigating to the containing directory)

Honored

Postby scorpio0920 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:15 am

Exalted

Postby raffy » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:39 pm

Asian realm lists are empty:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10715261570
And I don't think I can access your armory data either.

Also, Catus mistakingly assumes realm lists contain at least 1 realm when attempting to translate the provided realm name (without a !) to the localized realm name.

Honored

Postby scorpio0920 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:35 pm

raffy wrote:Asian realm lists are empty:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10715261570
And I don't think I can access your armory data either.

Also, Catus mistakingly assumes realm lists contain at least 1 realm when attempting to translate the provided realm name (without a !) to the localized realm name.

They fixed.

thanks.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:34 pm

Armory API is having issues at the moment so if you're having troubles importing from armory you'll have to select your items manually until Blizzard fixes the issue.

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS