Register

SoO - Kor'kron Dark Shaman 7/14

These strats will give you a 32.33% chance of survival...repeating, of course.
Exalted

SoO - Kor'kron Dark Shaman 7/14

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:26 pm

This topic is for discussing Feral DPS tactics, monk tactics and/or general raid strategies for the Kor'kron Dark Shaman encounter.

Please feel free to post tips, tricks, videos or ask questions. I will do my best to keep the top post updated with information as it arrives.

When discussing, please mention raid size (10/25) and difficulty (normal/heroic).

Revered

Re: SoO - Kor'kron Dark Shaman 7/14

Postby Alpheus » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:33 am

If you're spreading the shamans out it's a good idea to pick up Soul Swap so you can off-load some damage on the one you're further away from. Berserk is probably best used on pull to AoE with (unless you have a ridiculous amount of rogues/mages). Dodge totems on heroic!

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:53 pm

I'd also like to add I thought it would be worthwhile to take Soul Swap, but we ended up tanking the bosses together and it was pretty much completely useless. Would probably take dispersion for the falling meteors.

Would avoid Feline Swiftness on this fight, being able to blink or jump over void zones if you need to is very nice. CC talent tiers don't matter much but UV and Typhoon are probably the way to go (esp for heroic) for controlling the slimes. They die pretty fast on normal so it's not needed.

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:13 am

aggixx wrote:I'd also like to add I thought it would be worthwhile to take Soul Swap, but we ended up tanking the bosses together and it was pretty much completely useless. Would probably take dispersion for the falling meteors.

Would avoid Feline Swiftness on this fight, being able to blink or jump over void zones if you need to is very nice. CC talent tiers don't matter much but UV and Typhoon are probably the way to go (esp for heroic) for controlling the slimes. They die pretty fast on normal so it's not needed.

Blink is also superior for bypassing fire walls. I believe you would still spread them on heroic, so having a normal-tuned strat probably wouldn't see much use.

Postby Spaztikcat » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:09 pm

[quot}Blink is also superior for bypassing fire walls.[/quote]

This ^ I used soul swap well on this fight with the following macro

/target Wavebinder Kardris
/cast Soul Swap
/targetlasttarget

This made it easier for me to keep it up.

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:38 pm

Question: does everyone use 3 tanks on this fight on heroic 10man? Because my raid leader has suggested I go guardian for it, and I'm panicking. I've never tanked anything in my entire life, and to start on a heroic boss fight?? Save me.
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Revered

Postby Steakbomb » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:15 pm

It is highly suggested to 3 tank it on both 10 and 25. By doing this you allow your raid to avoid half the mechanics of the fight. We just switched to 25 man but our 10 man strat I go Guardian for it.

1 tank grabs dogs and bosses. Other tank grabs Harrom and brings him up the ramp by the gate to go to Nazgrim trash. Personally I stay down through lust and pop HotW and burn down dogs/boss. 3rd tank goes up to Harrom and taunts off the tank. The 2 Harrom tank just taunt off each other at 4-5 stacks of the debuff and let the other tanks stacks fall. On Ashen Wall you move down the hill a bit and then turn him the way he was. This make ALL Ashen Walls spawn behind the tanks and the rest of the raid does not need to worry about them.

When we did it on 10 man heroic we had 3 tanks, 2-3 healers, and rest dps. Our Brewmaster tanked the Ooze boss, 1 healer stayed with him, and 1 dps stayed down there(usually a hunter). When oozes spawn the Brewmaster would throw kegs at them and the Hunter used MD and AoE'd them down real quick while the tank ran away. The healer and DPS on this boss rotate CD's for the debuff that is on them.

For the Harrom's group, 2 tanks swapped the boss back and forth. ALL ranged and Heals stack on each other. Ranged side step for the Iron Tombs and then go right back up against them.

If a RANGED gets the Foul Stream on them, ONLY THAT PERSON moves out of the group, then comes back in when it goes away. When this happens, all MELEE go to tanks to avoid the stream. If a MELEE gets the stream, ONLY THAT PERSON moves to the TANKS, lets it drop, and then moves back.

That's what we did with all of our kills, I have seen videos of only 2 tanks and 2 healers with Harrom and the rest of the group down bottom but we had issues doing it that way. Hope this helps and I will be uploading my Shamans kill from Guardian PoV soon.

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:26 am

Thanks, and I'm looking forward to the video :) PoV really makes a big difference when watching a boss video.

I'm still scared stiff - I'm such a noob! and did I mention zero tanking experience? - but heck, maybe I'll just give it a go.
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Revered

Postby Steakbomb » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:51 am

For this fight just keep Savage Defense up, rotate CD's after 3 stacks, and use Frenzied Regen after every Froststrike stack to heal to full.

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:43 am

I'll keep it in mind. Thank you :)
-Sibylle

Postby Karlzone » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:27 am

Don't worry I was scared too. Then not one wipe was caused solely by me. Get yourself a tanking meta legendary meta gem, and that should be all that is needed. Great fight for guardians, as they hit really fast with dodge able attacks. Use barkskin for the fourth debuff application, it'll last through the fifth. Keep up Savage Defence and keep some rage for the 4th or 5th debuff, so that you can heal up immediately. It's not a hard fight for you, I promise.

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:40 pm

So first of all, thanks guys - it's just amazing to know you have my back and come up with some brilliant on-the-spot coaching and encouragement. I appreciate that so much :)

I ended up not tanking it, because our ret palla volunteered himself - turns out he used to tank, and although he has a heal offspec now (like me), he was really keen on trying again.

We had our first 3-4 pulls on them today, and it was a lot less scary than I had expected. We (10man hc) separated them and I was in the Haromm group (which is just lucky, as he's the one I know how to spell thanks to the trinket, lol). The tombs seemed to hit ranged/heals only and whenever DBM announced Foul Stream, I just jumped aside. Slightly hairier when it's cast on me but I got away every time. Cooldowns when nasty stuff ticked out. Only on the first try did I die before at least 3 others were down.

Any other tips for Foul Stream, or anything else that might help me survive and prove that a melee can do this?
-Sibylle

Revered

Postby Steakbomb » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:47 pm

Stick the the left side of the boss so if Ranged/Heals get the Stream then run to the tanks.

If melee get the stream then THAT person goes to the tanks and other melee stay still. That way the only people that get hit with stream is the Melee that has the stream and the tanks and the stream does nothing to the tanks.

Revered

Postby Tremnen » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:02 am

we used a triangle formation to tank haromm. both tanks at the top ranged / healers to the left and melee to the right.

If a tank got foul stream melee back up a bit. If ranged got foul stream the person with it on them stays still and everyone else moves away from him. if a melee got it he also stays still and everyone else moves away from him. We found that this was the easiest way for our group to deal with it. Later on in the fight when the meteors start dropping you need someone in the other boss group to call out when they are dropping so people can use defensives / raid cooldowns.

Also the iron tombs will only target people outside of a minimum range but if there are no ranged targets out there then it will target melee. so if near the end of the fight you have some dead ranged in your group you may need to still watch your feet for the tomb.

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:14 am

Thank you both. I'm really optimistic that I can figure this out and not be a burden to my group. Next raid is on Sunday, I hope we'll kill them this time :)
-Sibylle

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:23 pm

We got them down tonight!!

I followed your advice to a "t" and stayed to the left of the boss, worked like a charm, I wasn't hit by a single foul stream. It was a weird kill though, at one point things started going pear-shaped and me and one healer got separated from Haromm by an Ashen Wall (up to then, the walls were all were they should be) and for almost a minute I stood around doing zero damage, haha - but better that than a dead kitty, huh?

Thanks again for all the help :)
-Sibylle

Revered

Postby Tremnen » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:50 am

i forgot to mention after every wall we kinda shuffle down the ramp a bit >_>. it makes it a bit less crowded with all the tombs. we also had all ranged stacked right on top of each other and they would move when the tombs went out to minimize the amount of space they would take up. We also would have them restack right next to an old tomb to keep them all next to each other.

Postby Karlzone » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:52 pm

Sibylle wrote:We got them down tonight!!

I followed your advice to a "t" and stayed to the left of the boss, worked like a charm, I wasn't hit by a single foul stream. It was a weird kill though, at one point things started going pear-shaped and me and one healer got separated from Haromm by an Ashen Wall (up to then, the walls were all were they should be) and for almost a minute I stood around doing zero damage, haha - but better that than a dead kitty, huh?

Thanks again for all the help :)

Depends on the talents you took, but you should have been able to get past it just fine. Either bear form and hope for the best, blink, HotW bear form or just a cooldown. I don't recall them hitting too hard. maybe 250k maybe with a 6% chance to crit. Worth the gamble I'd say. Gz btw

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:57 pm

Tremnen, that's exactly what we did :) Worked really well too.

And Karlzone, yeah, I know, it's just... My raid leader is very "there shouldn't be any melees in this fight" and I was dead set (terrible pun intended) on staying alive and would rather not dps than take the slightest risk. Dead dps do no dps and all that, and btw, despite my "break" I still did the most dps of all in the fight 8-)
-Sibylle

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:30 pm

We killed them again today... and I lived... when nearly everyone died, mwahahaha! But melee is sooooo bad on this fight, right? xD
-Sibylle

Revered

Postby Steakbomb » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:08 pm

Yea I really hate DPSing this fight. Thats why I am really glad I tank it. A couple weeks ago we tried out another tank to see how he would do as my guild hates me tanking since it's such a huge DPS loss overall. I was kitty for it and I wanted to kill myself, I hate to DPS this fight. GJ on carrying the group though

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:44 pm

Philosophical question:

Do you think it's a law of nature that trinkets will only ever proc during Foul Stream? ;)
-Sibylle

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:13 am

Sibylle wrote:Philosophical question:

Do you think it's a law of nature that trinkets will only ever proc during Foul Stream? ;)

What trinkets? You mean they actually drop???

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:22 am

Alpheus wrote:

What trinkets? You mean they actually drop???

:lol: I mean hc Assurance of Consequence - because indeed, nothing else ever drops. I've never even SEEN Ticking Ebon Detonator, so I think it's all a conspiracy and it doesn't really exist!
-Sibylle

Honored

Postby RareBeast » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:41 pm

Kind like I only get MC'd on Garrosh when my rune procs.....

Return to Raid Strategies