Register

Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.0!

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Revered

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide / FAQ

Postby Steakbomb » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:25 pm

Another thing to look at with changing the legs is do you have Heroic Tier Legs or just normal and if you replace the shoulders with tier, are they Heroic tier or just normal.

If you are replacing the shoulder with normal tier but have tier, that may be an issue on dps sims as well.

But yea, Stenhaldi is right, Shamans legs WF are better if you have full BiS. Results may vary depending on your current gear.

Postby Simbba » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:48 pm

Yes my tier shoulders are normal not heroic

Postby Simbba » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:17 pm

for H Spoils i was running SoTF/ DoC would switching to FoN increase dps. Also i was putting rip on some mobs with 2-4 combo pts should i put rake on everything instead and well using DoC to buff my thrash

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:06 am

A lot depends on what strat you're using. We do 1 Large, 1 Large, Mediums so damage is very single target oriented with a lot of target priority. I use SotF/HotW, too much rampup and TTD issues for DoC and FoN, and HotW Tranq is absurdly powerful because it hits every person on your side, you can basically carry the healing from shambles to perfect stability with a well-timed one.

Postby Simbba » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:26 pm

is there a way in Catus to make it gem agi/crit or straight crit given that my OS is tank? right now my build is agi/haste or pure haste

Exalted

Postby raffy » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:06 pm

@simbba
This is a post for the Catus thread.

Your current reforge/gem strategy seems odd, so I'm not sure what you trying to achieve.
Do you have like 1.5 sets of gear, where some is shared between Cat and Bear?

If you just want to change all your orange or yellow gems, just change them manually.
If it's something more complex (weights, some kind of cap, if Cat > Bear, etc...), I can help you configure the reforger properly.

Catus reforges for Feral (Rune,NoRune) and Guardian (CritCap).

Postby Simbba » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:37 pm

was in tank spec which is why I didn't have most of feral gear on I have 4 piece and Catus had me gem haste/agi-haste do I need to get the H WF staff from Malkorok to let me switch to crit?

Exalted

Postby raffy » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:29 pm

OK, I understand now, you use a Rune :) And you want it so it tries to gem Crit and reforge Haste (hopefully on pieces that are for Cat), to maximize the value of the gear when you wear it for Bear? Or minimize the reforging cost? (just reforge, no gem changes)

I would manually change your gems to: Agi/Hit, Agi/Crit, Crit, then disable the reforger from changing gems.

I could also add another check box to the reforger, which would only change gems if the socket was initially empty, that way you could leave any gem socket free on your Cat gear, so the reforger knew it could use whatever gem it desired.

Note: if I greatly loosen the reforge: 7.5/7.5%, Range: 2000, Overflow: 2000, there exists a: 7.5/10.5% 12k:12k:6.5k solution when using Crit gems, but that's pretty sloppy (although I don't know which of your slots have alternative Bear gear.)

Postby Oblivion » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:19 am

Does the BiS list change in any way if you don't have a HC RoRo?

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:08 am

No, but it's merely coincidental that it doesn't. You'd probably want to focus on legs as off-piece and avoid shoulders regardless of WF vs non-WF.

Postby Oblivion » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:41 am

Alright, thank you! :)

Honored

Postby Cetlysm » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:41 pm

Quick question, what would be the value of Shattering blow(yours) when used right before a berzerk with no bleed applying all berzerk long, nothing but FB spam, all with DoC and SotF, with and without AoC HTF, so that means always a agi proc with zerk if using trinket.
ImageImage

Honored

Postby Kraineth » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:39 pm

Wasting 10 seconds of uptime on bleeds to spam Shred/FB is going to be a dps loss. Shattering blow is not a cooldown worth playing around, and really only worth casting yourself in a 25man environment.

Honored

Postby Cetlysm » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:39 pm

by no bleed applying I meant bleeds are already up, and won't be get any new procs that forces you to reapply them.
ImageImage

Exalted

Postby Stenhaldi » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:50 pm

Well if it helps your estimates, shattering throw/blow is a 6.86% increase to armor-mitigated damage (assuming boss target with weakened armor).

Honored

Postby Kraineth » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:27 am

Alright, for basic napkin math given Sten's 6.86% increase, with procs my average Shred crit is 384k and my average FB crit is 369k. Shattering blow is a 10 second duration so i'll do ideal numbers (always crits, maximum GCD usage via clearcasting):

8 Shreds- 384k X 8 = 3072000
2 FBs- 369k X 2 = 738000

Total Damage = 3810000

3810000 X .0686 = 259080

So under those circumstances given my 570 ilvl its worth ~260k damage

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:52 pm

Don't forget it costs 50 energy to cast.

Revered

Postby Steakbomb » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:39 pm

I almost always take Shattering Blow for most bosses but in a 25man it helps more than just myself

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:09 pm

Tinderhoof wrote:Don't forget it costs 50 energy to cast.

Doesn't cost 50 energy anymore. It's only the cast time now.

Kraineth wrote:So under those circumstances given my 570 ilvl its worth ~260k damage

So if you account for crits correctly it's probably close to break even, considering the lost ~2 autoattacks.

Really it shouldn't be considered a personal DPS CD, just that it's not (significantly) detrimental to yourself.

Honored

Postby Kraineth » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:15 pm

aggixx wrote:
Tinderhoof wrote:Don't forget it costs 50 energy to cast.

Doesn't cost 50 energy anymore. It's only the cast time now.

Kraineth wrote:So under those circumstances given my 570 ilvl its worth ~260k damage

So if you account for crits correctly it's probably close to break even, considering the lost ~2 autoattacks.

Really it shouldn't be considered a personal DPS CD, just that it's not (significantly) detrimental to yourself.

Pretty much what I was going for yea, it was pretty nice when it had no cast time, and is certainly worth casting in a 25man environment, though a lot of fights take much better use from bubble/dispersion. The only fight this expansion that I used Shattering Blow was heroic Spirit Kings when I was in a 10man since we had 1 warrior too.

Revered

Postby Steakbomb » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:07 am

I use Shatter on all fights that I DPS on minus a few.

Galakras I take Clash from our Brewmaster to help with Bonecrushers and Shamans.
Iron Jugg I take Dispersion so that I can take 1 mine during the 1st and 3rd waves, and then it resets after his Siege phase.
Blackfuse I usually take Soul Swap or Redirect for belts.
The reasoning for me taking Clash/Dispersion on those fights is a trust thing as we have plenty of people that can help with the mechanics but my raid lead trusts me to do those jobs without any issues.

Outside of those fights, I take shatter for the raid dps, not my personal dps. Also, we have 2 warriors and myself with Shatter and I am always first to shatter because I start to shatter as the boss is being pulled to minimize downtime.

Revered

Postby Tremnen » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:58 am

Steakbomb wrote:I use Shatter on all fights that I DPS on minus a few.

Galakras I take Clash from our Brewmaster to help with Bonecrushers and Shamans.
Iron Jugg I take Dispersion so that I can take 1 mine during the 1st and 3rd waves, and then it resets after his Siege phase.
Blackfuse I usually take Soul Swap or Redirect for belts.
The reasoning for me taking Clash/Dispersion on those fights is a trust thing as we have plenty of people that can help with the mechanics but my raid lead trusts me to do those jobs without any issues.

Outside of those fights, I take shatter for the raid dps, not my personal dps. Also, we have 2 warriors and myself with Shatter and I am always first to shatter because I start to shatter as the boss is being pulled to minimize downtime.

i don't clash for galakras (We have 3 really good DKs in my group) and I use shatter on Black Fuse (my belt group carries my bad dps thought I do use Nature's Vigil and use it only on the belts) since the Hotfix I am using Feign Death on Paragons (It drops aim off you and makes it not fire!!! This works also for Invisibility spells (Mages) and some Priest abilitiy). Between mages, monks (Zen Med), Priests, Hunters, Myself we have half the raid immune to AIM.

I will probably use Clash for Garrosh unless I try and Vengeance cheese in which case I will use Dispersion. other than those listed I take shatter on all fights. Between me and the 2 warriors we have shatter on a boss for 30 seconds every 5 minutes ;D.

Exalted

Postby Stenhaldi » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:28 am

As a side note, it's fairly easy to figure out what shattering throw/blow is worth to your raid. In worldoflogs, go to analyze -> analyze -> damage done and put something like
Code: Select all
fulltype!=SPELL_PERIODIC_DAMAGE and school=PHYSICAL and spell!="Rake" and spell!="Thrash" and spell!="Multistrike"
into the expression box. By filtering for direct physical damage and excluding known armor-ignoring attacks, this should show the raid's armor-mitigated damage. You can then zoom into some 10-second interval and take ~6.86% of the total armor-mitigated damage in this interval to estimate the damage value of shatter there.

(Technically if you're evaluating an interval where shatter was actually used, you should use 6.42% instead, but I doubt you'd need that level of accuracy.)

Note, however, that this filter isn't perfect: it'll overestimate armor-mitigated damage for warriors and subtlety rogues because there's no way to filter out attacks performed while Colossus Smash or Find Weakness are active.

Edit: actually, excluding Multistrike isn't quite correct either, because even though it ignores armor, it's based on the potentially armor-mitigated damage value of another attack. The main problem is there's no way to tell whether that other attack was armor-mitigated (e.g. a bleed).
Last edited by Stenhaldi on Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Revered

Postby Tremnen » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:53 am

thanks for this! luckily both my warriors are prot and my rogue is combat so it should be simple to see what Shattering is giving us.

Honored

Postby Kraineth » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:08 pm

One of these days i'll get around to figuring out the expression editor...

Hopefully that new WarcraftLogs site can be a little more user friendly than WoL.

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS