Register

SoO - Siegecrafter Blackfuse 12/14

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Exalted

SoO - Siegecrafter Blackfuse 12/14

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:29 pm

This topic is for discussing Feral DPS tactics, monk tactics and/or general raid strategies for the Siegecrafter Blackfuse encounter.

Please feel free to post tips, tricks, videos or ask questions. I will do my best to keep the top post updated with information as it arrives.

When discussing, please mention raid size (10/25) and difficulty (normal/heroic).

Revered

Re: SoO - Siegecrafter Blackfuse 12/14

Postby Steakbomb » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:02 pm

For kitties that go onto the conveyor belt, you can run off the belt where the main platform is closest to it without jumping or anything with our enhanced move speed. Other thing to note is if you can't kill the add quick enough(we were killing the missiles) and get stuck the the last little area, instead of trying to jump to the pipe and missing, I highly recommend just chilling there for like 10-15 secs and eventually you will be pulled back to the platform.

Exalted

Postby Stenhaldi » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:47 pm

Tried treants on the conveyor belt for a while. They pretty much can't melee at all, but I figured the rake damage from summoning three treants on each belt would still be worth it.

Unfortunately, they're really inconsistent about even casting their initial rake on the belt. Frequently they'd simply take no action at all. I experimented with summoning from different directions (since I believe their spawn position is related to your own position relative to the target), and summoning from the front seemed to produce more consistent rakes. Unfortunately, it was still not consistent enough, I think, to justify using the talent. I'd get results like 1/4 success rate summoning from behind and 3/4 success rate summoning from the front.

Has anyone else experimented with this?

Postby Lisica » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:45 am

I tried it a few times but they woul not do anything, even wehn summoning three treant from the front.
Trying summoning them while standing IN the weapon now , will report back after a few trys ;) .

So, with FoN nerly useless , what would be better, DoC whith stacks up for the first rake or HotW ?
I testet both and got better results with DoC.
My boss dmg sucks though ....

Tested on 25HC

Postby Lisica » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:18 pm

After a few more trys i stand corrected, on belt you want to take SotF+HotW, at last without 4p
little me thinks that with 4p (and AoC) SotF+DoC coult be better ( any thoughts on that ? )
FoN is just unreliable.

There is a littel "save spot" where you can walk into the tubes without jumping (and missing)
FeralSaveWalk.png
FeralSaveWalk.png (203.76 KiB) Viewed 4254 times

fear my paint skillz

Postby Eniel » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:38 am

One thing that will make your life easier on the conveyor belt is jumping.

If you're moving in the opposite direction of the conveyor belt,jumping instead of just running will get you there much,much faster.Useful for when you want to get to the middle of the belt so you can run/jump of safely.

Postby Karlzone » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:58 am

Many of the pipes are connected to the floor, so please never ever jump onto them. It's terrible with WoW's changing of path mid flight.

I pride myself with having gotten the absolute lowest world of logs parse on this boss during week one. If someone wants to replicate this you need to be doing the conveyor belts with another person, pop bloodlust in the very beginning so you don't hit anything for 30/40 sec, die halfway through the fight by falling off the conveyor.

Honored

Postby Paloro » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:31 am

monopoly8 wrote:hi all, my guild is having some trouble on 25hc blackfuse with killing the missile turrets on belt, and managing the crawler mines.

I'm on the same boss.
Belt:
What I've been doing is saving up some combo points on Seigecrafter before I leave for the belt. If I have >3, then I redirect onto the kill target from the belt. If I have 3 or less, I use my 4p. That is pop TF right before the target is in range, then SR. It helps put up Rip just a bit faster.

Mines:
Have all your engineers pick up the EMP belt tinker. It stuns all mechanical units for 3 seconds and has no DR. I have been running with HotW b/c of all the target switching, so here I just stand back and Hurricane the adds. Other then that, I would not recommend using Ursol's Vortex just in case a melee gets targeted and you have to knock them back (UV would pull them right back to you).

*Note: I have not killed this boss yet, but we are about 50% on the way there

Exalted

Postby Stenhaldi » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:45 am

We found feral to be one of the best classes for the belt. As mentioned earlier in the thread, don't bother with treants (unless you can figure out something I didn't) -- I spent hours trying to get them to work reliably on the belt and did not succeed. This is one of the few fights where I favor feline swiftness -- it's pretty handy to have on the belt (and on the platform) and while displacer beast can take you through a fire wall, that doesn't really save you any melee uptime since it's possible to melee the weapon from any wall opening.

I don't think precasting TF is a good idea (although I admit I didn't think of it). You get an extra tick on rip in exchange for ~1.5 fillers, which isn't a good trade -- and you have fewer chances to proc trinkets before putting the rip up. Redirect is definitely an option (you can use it every belt), but I only used it for a few pulls before deciding it wasn't worth it and I can't remember why I made that decision.

[Edit: remembered why I stopped using redirect. If I start at 0 combo points, I already barely manage to cast TF before rip. Starting with nonzero combo points, I end up having to pick between wasting energy (by casting TF early), wasting combo points (by delaying rip), or missing 15% rip damage (by casting rip before TF). Any of these choices cancels the value of starting with those extra combo points in the first place.]

As a general note, the pattern for the fire walls on the belt is that if you see an opening, the next opening will be to its left (and if it's already on the far left, the next one is the far right). The belt is generally really easy once you're able to predict where the openings will appear.

For mines, we had a rotation involving entrapment, binding shot, leg sweep, capacitor, ursol's vortex, and maybe other spells I missed, with EMP belts and typhoons as backup. I generally didn't even touch the mines because we had enough ranged AoE to kill them quickly.

Postby Plunge » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:20 pm

Hey guys,

My guild just started working on Heroic Siegecrafter this week and I'm a part of one of the conveyor belt teams. I did a bit of reading up and saw that people kept saying that Feral Druids are very strong up there, but I don't seem to be able to compete with the other classes in terms of damage. I've been leaving combo points on Siegecrafter so that I can savage roar on the belt, I'm usually able to get one Rip and two Ferocious Bites off before the target dies and I'm averaging between 5 and 6 million damage consistently per conveyor belt.

Wondering if anyone has any advice or can correct me if I'm going about it all wrong, or even tell me if Feral just isn't that good up there.

Here is my armory link in case it's needed http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... e/advanced

Thanks in advance!

Honored

Postby Vami » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:09 am

Plunge wrote:Hey guys,

My guild just started working on Heroic Siegecrafter this week and I'm a part of one of the conveyor belt teams. I did a bit of reading up and saw that people kept saying that Feral Druids are very strong up there, but I don't seem to be able to compete with the other classes in terms of damage. I've been leaving combo points on Siegecrafter so that I can savage roar on the belt, I'm usually able to get one Rip and two Ferocious Bites off before the target dies and I'm averaging between 5 and 6 million damage consistently per conveyor belt.

Wondering if anyone has any advice or can correct me if I'm going about it all wrong, or even tell me if Feral just isn't that good up there.

Here is my armory link in case it's needed http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... e/advanced

Thanks in advance!

It depends a lot on how fast the weapons die and if you get good trinket procs at the start. If the weapons die fast (if there are, for example, retri paladins and some warriors bursting it down), your bleeds won't have that much time to tick. If the weapons take their time dying and roll almost to the end, it'll show in your damage.

Anyhow, I'd say 5 - 6 million is pretty well and ferals do fine on the belt. Or have you compared your damage to others in your belt group? Is your weapon getting destroyed already in the middle?

Honored

Postby Paloro » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:22 am

What other classes are you sending up?

On our first kill we had 3 hunters and a ww able to stay up for every single belt phase. That allowed us to rotate a warrior and rogue for every other belt. I was on backup duty incase any of them died...

Postby Plunge » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:41 pm

Thanks for the replies!

The weapon is usually dieing just after the 3rd wall of beams. There are no other feral druids in the raid so I've been comparing myself to the others going up on the belt which is 2x Hunters, 3x Rogues, Warrior, Enhancement, DK, Spriest and myself. I guess I'm just not used to being near the bottom and felt like I could be doing more damage on it. Having certain classes able to do the belt full time seems great, but I've read that outside of Hunters which is apparently very difficult to pull off, the rest have been fixed.

Is there anything I can change with how I'm approaching my rotation up there? I basically just reverted back to how we did the Tendon burst on Spine Heroic in DS with getting a SR up so I don't need to refresh it, getting one Rip then a couple of FBs. Is it worth switching out RoR and reforging differently?

Thanks again.

Honored

Postby Paloro » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:15 pm

If you have a trinket the same ilvl other then AoC, it would probably be better. The ICD on it makes it unreliable for belts that you will be up for. It seems that you guys have great damage on it (hence it dying early), so I wouldn't worry about switching out RoR.

Right now only 2 classes can do belt full time (hunters and monks). Hunters can either Disengage from the top of the pipe to get on or Disengage as they are being gripped off to stay on. Monks can Transcendence.

Postby Plunge » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:26 pm

Appreciate the help Paloro. I have Flex versions of both Haromm's Talisman and Ticking Ebon Detonator that I could upgrade and swap in instead of RoR. Would one of these be worth it and would I then just default back to Mastery > Crit > Haste reforging?

Honored

Postby Paloro » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:43 am

The way it sounds, you guys aren't really hurting for more damage, but you just want to solely up your own damage while on the belts. The most consistent burst would be RoR+Haromm's.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:43 pm

Pro Tip: If you aren't on the belt do not take Ysera's Gift. It seems that it is a MAJOR threat magnet that will get you killed repeatedly by Shredders because it does more threat then your tank can open with. I still hate that talent so much. So shitty with even fewer shitter options.

Postby Karlzone » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:23 pm

Which talents would you use for belt damage? HotW is 7% damage really, but has tranq which would probably be incredibly useful later. DoC would be used.. how?

Also about trinkets again:
Normal RoR, Hc Assurance and Hc Haromns.
Hc Assurance ICD makes it not proc for many belts, but I'll get more usages of Berserk on it, so I don't really know what I should do.

Revered

Postby Tremnen » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:04 am

I used RPPM trinkets (TED, Haromm, Rune) over AoC for belt damage.

I also used Nature's Vigil and SotF.

NV because of the controllable low CD damage buff and more importantly because we had a hunter running every single belt who would take damage from overload between belts and needed some off healing. Usually I would have him healed up to full on any belt trip I used NV on. We also had an enhancement shaman who would drop Healing Tide form time to time.

Postby Karlzone » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:36 am

Hm not a terribly bad idea using NV. For some reason I did not even consider that. I'm going with RPPM trinkets too, but damn it's too RNG for my liking.
With all cooldowns and procs I can do those 12 mio damage to the weapon. With all cooldowns and no procs I struggle to do even 6 mio. With only TF and one proc I can do around 6 mio too. With TF and no proc I am useless. Thanks

Revered

Postby Tremnen » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:31 pm

We have 4 people on a belt group. So doing 6 million isn't that bad unless everyone does 6 million.

Postby Knuet » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:49 am

Hi!
We had our first tries on Blackfuse and I was on belt duty, due to the positive feedback from here.
But I must say....it sucks as feral:(
I was lowest in damage around 5-6 mio together with a enhancer.
2 Hunter were doing every belt and the others were warriors and rogues.
The enhancer and me were always last in damage on the belt.
I played my default doc, sotf talents, ror+haromm. I tried redirect and soulswap, but both were not helping a lot.
I have a AoC-HC and TED normal, should i switch to one of them for ror?
I'm also reforged and gemmed into sec stats and thought about going back to normal agi>mastery etc without ror.
Thx for your help

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:48 am

Thankfully, our raid sends the ranged on belt duty. The ret pally and I get to tunnel the boss.
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Postby mystidruid » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:22 pm

Knuet wrote:Hi!
We had our first tries on Blackfuse and I was on belt duty, due to the positive feedback from here.
But I must say....it sucks as feral:(
I was lowest in damage around 5-6 mio together with a enhancer.
2 Hunter were doing every belt and the others were warriors and rogues.
The enhancer and me were always last in damage on the belt.
I played my default doc, sotf talents, ror+haromm. I tried redirect and soulswap, but both were not helping a lot.
I have a AoC-HC and TED normal, should i switch to one of them for ror?
I'm also reforged and gemmed into sec stats and thought about going back to normal agi>mastery etc without ror.
Thx for your help

Is that 5-6 million with it dying after going the full length of the belt, or is it dying early? and you are talking 25H correct?

Postby Knuet » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:19 pm

It is average of 5-6 million damage over the whole length with it dying or not :)
I usually dont go through the last wall, since you make only one or two attacks until last wall comes.

Next

Return to Boss Archives