Register

Leafkiller's MoP Feral/Guardian Ovale Script

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Re: Leafkiller's MoP Feral/Guardian Ovale Script

Postby Димонтий » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:23 am

Steakbomb wrote:
Grenache wrote:
Gynaecology wrote:Is there any plan to add Force of Nature support to the feral script?

2 pages back in this thread, Aggix said:

"It works just fine if you're running rune (or renataki's) but you have to have "Left: Alternate Predictive" on to see it. Once I get the logic how it should be for all the trinkets (which I think requires some additions to Ovale to pull off) I'll make sure there's a right side option for it as well."

This is why FoN doesn't show up.

What right side? This is the one of the best dps rotation!!! But this is the most difficult time in rotation Feral Combat: to monitor the operation of the "Rune of Re-Origination", then quickly finish 5 combo do finish that would have worked "Predatory Swiftness" then drain "Naturalist" that would have worked "Dream of Cenarius" and Force of Nature was the maximum strengthened

Why can't this be a part of the rotation Ovale Script? Proc Rune of Re-Origination => let Ovale Script will show a short-cut to 5 combo => finisher => Naturalist => 3 Force of Nature = PROFIT!

Or is it difficult?

Currently Ovale Script, if you have taken talent FoN will show it only once in rotation and before the beginning of a battle, it is very sad =(

PS: And at the expense of other trinkets unfortunately due to the Blizzard you are unlikely to take in a RAID Siege of Orgrimmar hard mode without at least 530 Rune of Re-Origination , because unlikely to deliver decent dps, and that would knock something better Rune of Re-Origination need to get into the HM Siege of Orgrimmar that's the vicious circle

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:55 pm

Димонтий wrote:Currently Ovale Script, if you have taken talent FoN will show it only once in rotation and before the beginning of a battle, it is very sad =(

That's a relic of the old <5.4 FoN logic that never got removed. The code that was specifically added for 5.4 is present exclusively when you check "Left: Alternative Predictive".

I would love to tweak it so that display is visual in all setups but the feature isn't very polished as it isn't currently possible to effectively account for all (reasonable) trinket combinations in Ovale due to code limitations. I haven't got around to bothering Jeshu about it, and that's why the feature is not supported very well.

Postby ripshawn » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:19 am

I dont know if I should post it here or on the ovale ticket thing on curse but for a few weeks now I have been getting lots of errors. Many of them are script ran to long. This is just some of the errors I get.

[spoiler]1x Ovale-5.4.8\OvaleCompile.lua:595: script ran too long
Ovale-5.4.8\OvaleCompile.lua:595: in function <Ovale\OvaleCompile.lua:590>
Ovale-5.4.8\OvaleCompile.lua:652: in function <Ovale\OvaleCompile.lua:649>
Ovale-5.4.8\OvaleCompile.lua:792: in function <Ovale\OvaleCompile.lua:758>
Ovale-5.4.8\OvaleCompile.lua:882: in function "Compile"
Ovale-5.4.8\OvaleCompile.lua:858: in function "?"
Ace3-Release-r1104\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0-6.lua:147: in function <Ace3\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:147>
<string>:"safecall Dispatcher[1]":4: in function <string>:"safecall Dispatcher[1]":4
<in C code>
<string>:"safecall Dispatcher[1]":13: in function "?"
Ace3-Release-r1104\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0-6.lua:92: in function "SendMessage"
Ovale-5.4.8\OvaleSpellBook.lua:166: in function "?"
Ace3-Release-r1104\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0-6.lua:147: in function <Ace3\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:147>
<string>:"safecall Dispatcher[1]":4: in function <string>:"safecall Dispatcher[1]":4
<in C code>
<string>:"safecall Dispatcher[1]":13: in function "?"
Ace3-Release-r1104\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0-6.lua:92: in function "Fire"
Ace3-Release-r1104\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0-3.lua:120: in function <Ace3\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0.lua:119>

Locals:
nil

44x Ovale-5.4.8\OvaleFrame.lua:200: attempt to index field "params" (a nil value)
Ovale-5.4.8\OvaleFrame.lua:200: in function "OnUpdate"
Ovale-5.4.8\OvaleFrame.lua:84: in function <Ovale\OvaleFrame.lua:83>

Locals:
self = <unnamed> {
0 = <userdata>
obj = <table> {}
}

these are the newest error i have been getting as yesterday during our raid it got so bad i had to turn ovale off and just another add called claw. i was a super sadface kitty
"I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. the world will have a generation of idiots" Albert Einstein

“ A generation which ignores history has no past and no future. ” Robert A. Heinlein

Postby corfish » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:15 am

What exactly is the 'Predictive' box doing? sometimes it shows the next abililty to use, and sometimes it's the same as the 'Main Attack' box. Why?

Also, is it possible to outperform the script somehow? I follow it to a T and I'm still nowhere near top 200 ranks or so in logs on most fights. My gear is nearly BIS (Shiftstains@Bonechewer)

Thanks!

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:59 am

Ripshawn:
ShmooDude wrote:The "script ran too long" error is pretty much unavoidable due to the nature of ovale and the complexities of the feral script. It doesn't hurt anything though. All it means is that Blizzard stopped ovale from taking too much CPU time with an update (I believe). Simply turn off lua errors or get an addon to catch them (Bugsack). If you're getting any other kind of error, copy/paste it here.

corfish:
The predictive box is more or less the normal rotation without the fillers; it (usually) shows what finisher it's working to at the time.

As far as outperforming the script, yes and no, depends on what sense you're talking about. It does occasionally make some mistakes, notably due to aura lag in the blizzard API, but for the most part it does do everything pretty optimally based on the information that is available to it. However, that information is quite limited; the addon doesn't know every single detail about combat like you can and it's on you to adjust appropriately for that. Things like a trinket ICD about to come up, having to leave the boss soon, adds, potential for multi-dotting and a handful of other situations cannot be handled (easily or at all) by an addon and if you're not trying to account for those things yourself you're losing potential damage.

In your gear it's more than possible to have ranks on every fight, very good ones at that, but you're not going to be able to achieve those ranks relying solely on Ovale. I'm sure you could post some logs (start a new thread if you're interested) and some people would be happy to give you a couple pointers.

Postby corfish » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:20 pm

Yes, that is exactly what I'm looking at. I'll post those logs when I get home, as I'm sure there's a few things that aren't apparent to me. Based on my performance on Patchwerk fights, I'm guessing it's the ICDs of my trinkets since those boast the most damage potential.

It'll probably be something like starting a rip as ovale would suggest like 5 seconds before an ICD comes up, which had I been aware of that ICD, the 5 cp wouldve been better spent on a FB? I notice Ovale attempting to refresh rip an awful lot when it still has 10+ seconds on it. And I understand that the ratio is better at that point, so it makes sense. It's the rip before that one that didn't. I don't have any way to track those ICDs currently.

One other thing, the rake/rip ratio counter; I want to interpret it correctly. If the counter reads say, .6(or 60, i cant remember), does that mean if I refreshed the ability at that moment, the damage would be 60% of what is currently applied?

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:42 pm

corfish wrote:It'll probably be something like starting a rip as ovale would suggest like 5 seconds before an ICD comes up, which had I been aware of that ICD, the 5 cp wouldve been better spent on a FB?

Depends on the damage of the current rip and the damage of the one you could apply. Most of the time yes, I think.

corfish wrote:One other thing, the rake/rip ratio counter; I want to interpret it correctly. If the counter reads say, .6(or 60, i cant remember), does that mean if I refreshed the ability at that moment, the damage would be 60% of what is currently applied?

Yes.

Postby Animas » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:40 am

Is it possible to somehow remove third button (aoe suggestions) from cat spec?
I have disabled ovale showing in bear form if that has any relevance to this too.

Revered

Postby ShmooDude » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:26 pm

Animas wrote:Is it possible to somehow remove third button (aoe suggestions) from cat spec?
I have disabled ovale showing in bear form if that has any relevance to this too.

Should be a checkbox labeled "Right: AoE Rotation"

Just make sure to temporarily turn off ignore mouse clicks to see em (then click on any of the buttons).

Postby Jimbizzle » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:09 pm

I really love your addon, first time using it today! A few questions - It tells me to use mangle when outside of TF + Berserk, why? - The target is bleeding and I'm behind it, changing frontal attack didn't differ the results, also, on my opener it's telling me to use rake multiple times, is that just because of trinket procs etc?

Revered

Postby Steakbomb » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:08 am

Mangle is the default CP builder for Feral now. Shred is only used during Clearcasting procs, Berserk, and Bloodlust. Even though Mangle doesn't hit quite as hard as Shred, it costs less energy and over the course of a fight it edges Shred out because you get more overall CP's which results in better Bleed uptimes and more Ferocious Bites.

It's best to use a combo of Mangle and Shred sometimes called Shrangle. Basically Mangle unless the buffs I stated above are up.

This is the case for any gear level as well so it's just not geared ferals.

As far as the addon telling you to use Rake over Mangle on your opener and other times, is because of Rune of Re-Origination. When you get such a high mastery proc, it's a DPS increase to use Rake as your CP generator over Mangle because all that Mastery results in a much much higher Rake hit over a Mangle hit.

Postby Zarzul » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:43 am

Hello

First thx a ton for Leafkillerscript, i know i should go without it, but for the monent i have to use it :)

but i think iam doing something wrong every time i compare with other ppl, my rip avg hit are very low

like this
http://raidbots.com/comparebot/52e7a2b0 ... 076#damage

RIP: close to same uptime, and ticks but 119 k against my 82 k is like 15 mill dmg in this figth.

rest of numbers looks ok (imo), ofc I just got multistrike trinket the other day, so it aint in the logs

But how can i learn to build stronger Dot's ? coz it is the key for feral i know !

is the Rune of Re-Origination trinket that good?, or do i do something completely wrong .. i will try to look at the Weak Aura
to track the dots better...

any help would be nice, for the record i have play resto to 11/14 soo but wanted to swap for cat and are 7/14 now...but i think i could do better...

thx ahead !

Postby Jimbizzle » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:21 am

Steakbomb wrote:Mangle is the default CP builder for Feral now. Shred is only used during Clearcasting procs, Berserk, and Bloodlust. Even though Mangle doesn't hit quite as hard as Shred, it costs less energy and over the course of a fight it edges Shred out because you get more overall CP's which results in better Bleed uptimes and more Ferocious Bites.

It's best to use a combo of Mangle and Shred sometimes called Shrangle. Basically Mangle unless the buffs I stated above are up.

This is the case for any gear level as well so it's just not geared ferals.

As far as the addon telling you to use Rake over Mangle on your opener and other times, is because of Rune of Re-Origination. When you get such a high mastery proc, it's a DPS increase to use Rake as your CP generator over Mangle because all that Mastery results in a much much higher Rake hit over a Mangle hit.

Brilliant! Thanks for your post. That really helps!

Postby Jimbizzle » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:06 pm

Hello again, so I'm having a similar problem where my addon is telling me to spam rake, a lot. It gets to the point where I'm doing more rake damage overall than rip, any suggestions as to why this is happening?

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:12 pm

Since the start of ToT Rake in most cases IS our highest damage ability. This is mostly to do with Rune proc's and that you can always quickly refresh Rake during one (or even spam it). During Rune procs it is VERY common that Rake will do much more damage then Mangle or Shred will. During those times the only reason you would use Mangle or Shred would be to ensure Rip got it's 3 extensions (provided the Rip was a good one). Rip only wins out now on over all damage sometimes because of the Rip buff we received part way though SoO.

In short what you are seeing is expected, and by design.

Honored

Postby baver » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:22 pm

Is it better to do rake, rip and trash then just refresh rake when rune are about to run out and be on like 60energy, or just try to get all bleeds up and end it with 0energy? guess 0energy is better if you going secendary stats but never seen any numbers on it :o

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:35 pm

While I'm not entirely sure I understand the question, I'll do my best to answer:
Do what you need to do to get the best bleeds up. In most cases when you're spending energy to put up a better Rip (during trinket procs) the last thing you should be worrying about is how much energy you're leaving yourself with. If you get a trinket proc consecutively or soon after the first ends, you've already got strong bleeds up and you may not even be interested in clipping at all (or maybe just at the end of the proc). The only case where you really get screwed over is if both your trinkets proc right after you've applied all your bleeds and dumped all your energy, but obviously that's pretty rare.

Postby kerplunk101 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:07 pm

Is there any way to completely remove the script from suggesting thrash?

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:12 pm

kerplunk101 wrote:Is there any way to completely remove the script from suggesting thrash?

While it might be possible, out of curiosity - why would you want that?

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:06 am

Everything about the script is modifiable if you're willing to edit the code.

More or less: do /ovale code, Copy to custom script, and then remove all the lines that end in Spell(THRASH_CAT) and their corresponding conditionals.

Postby Grayfox23 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:57 am

This script frequently forgets to keep my rake bleed up and I don't know how to fix it. It seems to be random whether or not it happens, and it won't start suggesting rake again until I manually apply it outside of it's suggestion. Unless I'm mistaken, you should be aiming for 100% up time on rake right?

Also Ovale sometimes freezes up in the middle of combat and doesn't unfreeze until I leave combat. Is this an issue with the script or the addon? Is there a solution?

Any help would be appreciated :)

Postby Devín » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:11 pm

Lately the script has been suggesting Rake almost exclusively as a CP over Mangle. I've read previously that this is because of the proc from the Rune. I however do not have the rune and it's suggesting it a ton. It will even suggest Rake over Shred when Beserk is up.

Ah...never mind. I have the Disciple of Xuen trinket. Which has a Mastery proc. However it doesn't seem to switch back to Mangle when the proc isn't up.

Honored

Postby baver » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:28 pm

grayfox! are you sure its not telling you to rake after the other one disappear? because if you have a good rake with some proccs, its not worth apply a new one thats worse until the last one get that last tick.

Postby Devín » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:35 am

After some more testing it is definitely suggesting Rake full time with Maul rarely being suggested.

Postby Grayfox23 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:37 am

baver wrote:grayfox! are you sure its not telling you to rake after the other one disappear? because if you have a good rake with some proccs, its not worth apply a new one thats worse until the last one get that last tick.

No I'm quite sure, I'll have no rake bleed up at all for the remainder of the fight unless I manually put it up without it suggesting it.

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS