Register

Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.0!

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Exalted

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide / FAQ

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:52 pm

Tinderhoof wrote:
Don't forget it costs 50 energy to cast.
Doesn't cost 50 energy anymore. It's only the cast time now.

Shows how much I use it these days. DPS burst has rarely been an issue for us, its always been about doing the mechanics correctly.

Honored

Postby Kraineth » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:17 pm

Pretty much always take Disperse/Bubble, with redirect for Siegecrafter. Shatter was nice when it was instant and 50 energy, the cast time annoys me.

I thought about feign for paragons with the hotfix but disperse accomplishes the same thing, and lets me soak aim when people get knocked over amber pools since I have to soak every aim, and is still useful after Hisek is dead.

Honored

Postby Cetlysm » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:34 am

Sorry if this has been asked before, I didn't find anything on search and its also mostly a bear question, but it comes from a feral pov.
In klaxxi heroic what are some of the guidelines for massive bear dps? like gemming, strats for vengeance soaking and so on...
Btw I asked this here because I saw some logs from ferals that ranked as bear on that fight that I know post here.
ImageImage

Revered

Postby Steakbomb » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:38 am

The only way to gear for bear right now that is viable is Crit to cap (79%) and then go for haste.

For Klaxxi, I haven't looked at logs but I would assume all the tanks that rank super high on that fight are taking the Rikkal Buff and just cleaving everything they see. Tanks do stupid damage with Scorpion as Vengence affects scorpion and you cleave. I just did a flex as bear and did 658k on that fight. On Heroic or even normal, I would do alot more.

Exalted

Postby Stenhaldi » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:17 am

For maximum damage as bear you stack crit even past the soft cap -- it's still better than haste. Just not as good for rage.

For Paragons, use the multistrike trinket (it works on scorpion abilities too). To get vengeance just make sure you're tanking at least one boss (not usually an issue, you'll generally get threat on anything you attack as scorpion). You could try tanking multiple bosses for more vengeance, but that's pretty risky and we always have the other tank keep any excess bosses taunted off the scorpion.

Take nature's vigil and cast it (along with any desired defensive cooldowns) right before going scorpion. Get tricks from rogues if possible (you're by far the best target for it during this period) and also have the person with Hisek buff synchronize their usage with yours (it's a 1-minute cooldown while scorpion is 2 minutes, so this shouldn't be an issue).

Scorpion ability priority goes something like: keep Sting (3) up; use Swipe (2); use Fiery Tail (4). Ability 1 (forgot its name) is just filler. Note that Swipe does 1/3 damage to targets that don't have Sting, so it's really important to keep Sting up. Sting lasts 15 seconds with an 8-second cooldown. So if you want to be maximally useful, you're generally just going to keep it on one target (unless you're hitting 2 targets to trick Korven).

(If you just want to do lots of damage and not necessarily maximize usefulness, you can mostly keep Sting on 2 targets for more cleave damage from Swipe. And use a cleave trinket in addition to multistrike.)

Postby Parna » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:40 am

Hi guys simply question:

Atm i use RoR (543) + AoC (574) with 4pT16N

I can replace AoC with Haromm (574) or TeD (561)
or use AoC with 2pT15H and 2pT16N.
What do you recommend to use? I don't play every day this content like ToT and atm I'm uninformed which combination is best
Thanks so much
Last edited by Parna on Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Revered

Postby Steakbomb » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:22 am

Parna wrote:Hi guys simply question:

Atm i use RoR (543) + AoC (574) with 4pT16N

I can replace AoC with Haromm (574) or TeD (561)
or use AoC with 2pT15H and 2pT15N.
What do you recommend to use? I don't play every day this content like ToT and atm I'm uninformed which combination is best
Thanks so much

RoR + Harrom's with 4pcT16N is your best bet for max DPS but if you are doing progression and need the extra CD's then AoC would be your best bet. Lucky for us, neither Harrom's or AoC have any passive stats on them so you can swap them out on a fight to fight basis.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:43 am

Stenhaldi wrote:Scorpion ability priority goes something like: keep Sting (3) up; use Swipe (2); use Fiery Tail (4). Ability 1 (forgot its name) is just filler. Note that Swipe does 1/3 damage to targets that don't have Sting, so it's really important to keep Sting up. Sting lasts 15 seconds with an 8-second cooldown. So if you want to be maximally useful, you're generally just going to keep it on one target (unless you're hitting 2 targets to trick Korven).

Can also think of it as a priority:
- Swipe (2) if Sting is already up
- Sting (3)
- Fiery Tail (4)
- Claw (1)

Swipe hits like a train compared to the other abilities so make sure you're getting the absolute most possible Swipe uses from the moment you apply your first sting to the moment the vehicle ends.

Honored

Postby Cetlysm » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:41 pm

Yeah I know this about swipe, I've used scorpion as cat, I also noticed fiery trail can be channeled while moving and the other abilities can also be used while fiery trail is channeling.
Thanks for the info, will see how it goes this weekend.
ImageImage

Postby corfish » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:46 pm

Why does every high ranking player I look at abandon the pure agility gems when this guide clearly states to use them in the red slots?

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:34 am

I wrote that part of the guide before the secondary gem thing was common knowledge, or even before people had high enough gear for it to be feasible, and didn't even realize that it was never updated. I've now updated it to include them, with an explanation. I also wrote the section of bleed clipping.

Postby Parna » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:34 pm

How can i compare primary gemming with secondary gemming with Catus? What do i have to do for see that?

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:22 am

1. Load your character in the "Import from Armory" section.
2. Scroll down to find the panel marked "Reforging", open it and in the Rune of Re-Origination tab make sure "Red" is selected in the dropdown, the click reforge. If you get an error, increase the value in the range box then try again.
3. Press the plus icon in the upper right corner to make a duplicate of the profile.
4. Repeat step 2, but this time select "Yellow" in the dropdown.
5. Scroll down and find the panel marked "Quick Compare", find the dropdown labelled "Configuration" and select the name of the first profile you made (probably "Name Realm!").

You should then see a window showing the damage of the two options (1 being primaries and 2 being secondaries). Once the big DPS values at the top change to red/green instead of black, the green one is the option that does higher DPS (and you can see the difference in damage as well).

Site Admin

Postby Alaron » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:14 am

If anyone saw a malware warning from their browser when visiting this thread, the issue has been corrected. No malware issue - just a link in someone's profile to a site that got hacked recently. Carry on.

/prowl

Postby Parna » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:57 am

aggixx wrote:1. Load your character in the "Import from Armory" section.
2. Scroll down to find the panel marked "Reforging", open it and in the Rune of Re-Origination tab make sure "Red" is selected in the dropdown, the click reforge. If you get an error, increase the value in the range box then try again.
3. Press the plus icon in the upper right corner to make a duplicate of the profile.
5. Scroll down and find the panel marked "Quick Compare", find the dropdown labelled "Configuration" and select the name of the first profile you made (probably "Name Realm!").

You should then see a window showing the damage of the two options (1 being primaries and 2 being secondaries). Once the big DPS values at the top change to red/green instead of black, the green one is the option that does higher DPS (and you can see the difference in damage as well).

Thanks Agixx <3 Unfortunaly with my gear DPS increase by 0.6k only :(

Postby ripshawn » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:31 am

this helped me get a extra 36k dps i did not know about this.
"I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. the world will have a generation of idiots" Albert Einstein

“ A generation which ignores history has no past and no future. ” Robert A. Heinlein

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:58 am

That sounds like, well, way too much. Is that what Catus said? Simming your character I'm seeing primaries better by about 600 DPS =P

As far as I'm aware you need a very specific set of gear (if it's even possible at all) for it to be worth it to gem secondaries with anything less than a heroic Rune.

Postby ripshawn » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:42 pm

i think i did it wrong after i looked i think i was in my tank gear and hit armory compared to my kitty stuff. after playing around with i got the same thing.
"I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. the world will have a generation of idiots" Albert Einstein

“ A generation which ignores history has no past and no future. ” Robert A. Heinlein

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:25 am

Would rather not start a thread for this so I'll just post it here:

There's a rather interesting thread over a MMO-C forums with someones very thorough suggestions on what to change for Feral for a PvE perspective, and there's definitely a lot of neat ideas and discussion going on there so I encourage people to check it out (and please contribute if you've got insight on how to tweak something, or maybe have your own ideas on what to add or change about Feral).

I'm also partially posting this to marginally increase the chance that some Blizzard employee with the ability to do anything might stumble upon the thread and mull over the ideas a bit.

Postby Eqúinox » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:02 am

Thanks for the above guide. On catus v31 I don't see a plus icon in the upper right corner to make a duplicate profile, perhaps going on 3 hours of sleep I missed it? I ran it for red gem and it showed a 37928 mastery proc; switched to yellow and it showed 42618 mastery proc. Character is: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... x/advanced

Exalted

Postby raffy » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:19 am

This green plus.

Postby Eqúinox » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:48 am

Ty Raffy! :D

Revered

Postby Dysheki » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:22 pm

Hey guys make sure you only use Thrash with OoC procs.

>.>

<.<

Silly Blizzard: https://twitter.com/Celestalon/status/4 ... 7120733184

Also wanted to say hi to my favorite gaming community! I want to get back to semi-competitive raiding but I don't. It's so weird . . .

aggixx wrote:There's a rather interesting thread over a MMO-C forums with someones very thorough suggestions on what to change for Feral for a PvE perspective, and there's definitely a lot of neat ideas and discussion going on there so I encourage people to check it out (and please contribute if you've got insight on how to tweak something, or maybe have your own ideas on what to add or change about Feral).

I'll definitely have to head over and take a look.

Revered

Postby Steakbomb » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:24 pm

I have a theory that Blizzard doesn't like to mess with Feral that much because they are scared of the spec. It's so difficult to be a top end feral and I don't know of any Blizzard employees that play the spec.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:26 pm

Steakbomb wrote:I have a theory that Blizzard doesn't like to mess with Feral that much because they are scared of the spec. It's so difficult to be a top end feral and I don't know of any Blizzard employees that play the spec.

I do.

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS