Register

The d'oh thread

Face-rippin fun.
Honored

Re: The d'oh thread

Postby kaiadam » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:22 pm

That priceless moment when you're taunting Lei Shen across to the next quadrant and roll straight off the edge into the abyss ...

Honored

Postby Sorcerer » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:07 am

Not gonna name and shame but DOH.

A feral applies with world druid <50 gear, probably top 15 geared feral world.

Fun starts:
- Uses NV on some fights (apperently better)
- HoTW on rest, DoC is too clunky to play it.
- not happy that for HoTW doesnt have a decent int staff for DPS.
- Rake uptimes 50-95%, Rip similar
- SR uptimes 90-95%
- FULL mastery reforge with RoRo
- Shred > mangle
- Barely use thrash

Player WoL DPS wasnt bad when reached high level. Before it was mediocre.

Who needs to read about basic class mechanics :oops:

Honored

Postby RareBeast » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:02 pm

Was unhappy with my DPS last night. Still at top or near top, but on Sha of Pride for instance, last week I did 327k DPS and this week did 240k. Certainly my procs didn't seem to line up etc but not THAT bad.

Finished the raid then noticed I had my healing bracers on and had been running with a RoRO crit proc all night........

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:22 pm

RareBeast wrote:Was unhappy with my DPS last night. Still at top or near top, but on Sha of Pride for instance, last week I did 327k DPS and this week did 240k. Certainly my procs didn't seem to line up etc but not THAT bad.

Finished the raid then noticed I had my healing bracers on and had been running with a RoRO crit proc all night........

I think your dps was rather decent, considering ;)
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Honored

Postby cg1351 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:20 am

Tooooooo many times i have pulled the boss with moonfire because as all ferals do i like to spam buttons, that or feral charge into the boss only to realise on fights like ragnaros it probably isn't a good idea :) And then there's the fact that my tranq is on the same keybind as savage roar in caster form and i don't always remember that i'm not in cat form before the pull :P ''Do i tell them i've just blow my 8 minute cd or do i see if we can survive anyways''

Postby henrikw92 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:51 am

cg1351 wrote:And then there's the fact that my tranq is on the same keybind as savage roar in caster form and i don't always remember that i'm not in cat form before the pull :P ''Do i tell them i've just blow my 8 minute cd or do i see if we can survive anyways''

I made the mistake of binding savage roar and tranq to the same key too.. luckily, I mostly play DoC now, so it doesn't matter if I missclick my tranq when out of cat form anymore :P

Honored

Postby inferiorlol » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:14 am

Wild charging Immerseus. Not a good idea...

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:44 am

While we're about Feral Charge fails:

Garrosh progression. The good kitty keeps an eye out for Iron Star and runs away just in time. Because of the feral compulsion to spam *something* at all times, I hit Faerie Fire - except it was actually Feral Charge, and I jumped behind Garrosh, which also happened to be exactly where the Iron Star was at that point. Splat.
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Revered

Postby Tremnen » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:01 am

Lei Shen Hc Progression:

Get Helm of Command'd
Fat Finger Might of Ursoc instead of Dash.

Dark Animus Heroic Progression:

Use Divine Shield to remove Matterswap and take no damage.
Forgets that Divine shield drops all aggro. Guess who started the rape train.

Dark Shamans Heroic:

Every Week

Postby Alteredbeast » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:41 pm

Overwriting my double proc, TF, + potion for blood in the water phase by double tapping rip with the new 4 set... Or just overwriting a 5 point rip with a shitty 3 point rip via the set bonus.... Anyone else have this problem or am I alone in kinda hating our new 4 set?

Revered

Postby Steakbomb » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:43 pm

cg1351 wrote:Tooooooo many times i have pulled the boss with moonfire because as all ferals do i like to spam buttons, that or feral charge into the boss only to realise on fights like ragnaros it probably isn't a good idea :) And then there's the fact that my tranq is on the same keybind as savage roar in caster form and i don't always remember that i'm not in cat form before the pull :P ''Do i tell them i've just blow my 8 minute cd or do i see if we can survive anyways''

I used to do this with I think it was HT or something, not tranq but I just changed it so that "Q" is my HT macro(no auto unshift) in all forms and when I am in Caster form, "F" is my keybind to go into Cat Form, and while in Cat Form "F" is my Savage Roar key.

Alteredbeast wrote:Overwriting my double proc, TF, + potion for blood in the water phase by double tapping rip with the new 4 set... Or just overwriting a 5 point rip with a shitty 3 point rip via the set bonus.... Anyone else have this problem or am I alone in kinda hating our new 4 set?

I have done that a few times back with the T15 2pc but not with the new tier set. One thing that helps me is I personally abuse the new tier to get a 5 CP SR and a 5 CP Rip off on the pull. For the rest of the fight I have a WeakAura that pops up on my screen that says "Free CP's" with a timer so that I know if I use FB, SR, or Rip, that I will get CP's back.

On a side note, 2 weeks ago, I tanked Heroic Nazgrim with a SP weapon equipped as I start that fight in HOTW and forgot to swap back.

And old school Feral Charging, back on heroic LK 25, when he does his transition and kills part of the platform, I charged in to him(I always tanked him) and charged right into an Ice Orb. Flying bear, yay!

Honored

Postby Whitepaw » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:51 am

On Raggy HC in Firelands - all 25 raiders listening to tactics...

I /target Raggy - listen to raid leader - accidentally push FF - oops - *whistles*

I revenged myself a few pulls later by feral charging him - not my best raid ever :shock:

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:22 pm

inferiorlol wrote:Wild charging Immerseus. Not a good idea...

This week I tried to Wild Charge him while he was Swirling to get back to my spot. Seemed like a good idea at the time, his back was facing exactly where I need to go. I hit my Wild Charge key, and quickly realized that his cast had ended fractions of a second earlier, ended up in the middle of nowhere, then promptly died to the DoT after realizing I hadn't picked up a healthstone.

Postby Dulce » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:27 pm

In BC, I was on the part of the attunement quest which disguises you as an ashtongue deathsworn to kill al'ar. I was getting my face melted while tanking and had no idea why until someone pointed out I was in cat form. Derp.

Postby Kroníc » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:46 pm

Ultimate d'oh - Bring an alt to a H ToT and coin Heroic RoR when your main still has 530 RoR..... /cries

Postby Dargaron » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:14 am

I pressed feral charge on Ragnaros in Firelands.

Yeah, that doesn't work too well.

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:38 pm

Last Thok fixate on heroic.
Running down the corridor, you can't catch meee...
Red beam disappears - phew!

Then keeling over from the DoT.
-Sibylle

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:04 pm

Disperse! or DS!

Honored

Postby xahn » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:23 am

So I always use Wild charge talent, and use it while in prowl/stealth to jump behind the boss & Ravage him right.

But sometimes I spec to displacer beast only for lei shen heroic to deal with helm of command okay, so then after that I forget to switch back to wild charge which I am used to. I put both abilities in the same auction bar, because theyre the same tier basically, so they are the same keybind.

So the next fight or day before the pull, I am all ready to do the opener, I cast healing touch, go to cat form and all the good stuff, spam SR few times, DBM countdown is happening and i'm so ready, I go to prowl and ready to wild charge to Ravage behind the boss. after the second 1, I press the key-bind Only to see myself blink forward and break my prowl and can't Ravage anymore , sitting there like an idiot lol, and I start with rake instead like nothing happened

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:44 am

Tinderhoof wrote:Disperse! or DS!

But then it wouldn't be in the d'oh thread! ;)

-Nah, I'm supposed to use DS with my Tranq on the bats, but we're still just figuring out this fight (after a 5-week break from raiding... long story). This was one of the first pulls we even got past the first phase 1.

But to be honest, I didn't even notice how fast my health was dropping. I was far too busy being incredibly pleased with myself. "Look at me, I'm amazing! ... and, well, dead. There is that."

After that, our disco priest made a point of shielding the kiters...
-Sibylle

Revered

Postby Tremnen » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:59 pm

crawler mine headed right for me

Dumb Dk near me gets hit by his so i get knocked into the air

crawler mine is going to hit me if i land where i was so i turn my camera and displacer

right off the platform.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:29 pm

But hey you didn't blow up the rest of the melee. That's a win not a fail!

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:22 am

Tinder, I believe it's time you shared an embarrassing story of your own again. Go on :D
-Sibylle

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:39 pm

Running after Thok to try and refresh my 2 trinket Rip before going to kill the jailer. Hit Displacer Beast to catch up. Boss stops unexpectedly. Chomp, Crunch, Yum!

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:40 am

And that, children, is why I always use Wild Charge :D
-Sibylle

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS