Register

The d'oh thread

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Exalted

Re: The d'oh thread

Postby aggixx » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:01 pm

Wild Charge can kill you on Thok if you cast it while he's standing still, found that out last week :P

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:17 pm

To slow. Also hit boxes seem to change at random, and mashing the button and getting "you are to far away from target" which swaps instantly to "you are to close to target" made me say screw FC for anything but IJ, and even then its not really necessary.

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:59 pm

Hehe. You're probably both right - I admit I mostly use Wild Charge because to me, nothing sums up the fun of playing a feral within half a second, like flying through the air at an enemy and beginning to tear them to pieces.
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Exalted

Postby Stenhaldi » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:06 pm

You pretty much can't be in melee range (or even slightly beyond melee range) of Thok both when he stops moving and when he starts moving again. While he won't always do this, he has the potential to eat anyone around him when he's not moving -- even if he doesn't visibly turn.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:44 pm

Stenhaldi wrote:You pretty much can't be in melee range (or even slightly beyond melee range) of Thok both when he stops moving and when he starts moving again. While he won't always do this, he has the potential to eat anyone around him when he's not moving -- even if he doesn't visibly turn.

You aren't supposed to post here unless you are going to share one of your colossal failures. Share.

Exalted

Postby Stenhaldi » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:46 am

Well, I found that out on PTR and played really carefully on live, so I didn't get chomped during progression. Got a little more aggressive on farm but the stories are pretty boring. They pretty much go "oh, I just died even though Thok is still facing away from me".

I can give you some other stories though, if you like.
  • Early in Garrosh progression I decided to be a hero and tranq during Annihilates. Found out that the Endurance of Niuzao has a damage cap.
  • During Garrosh progression, we originally had a rogue kite the iron star. Then we had two wipes to that rogue getting targeted by Malice while he was out kiting (the second time, Garrosh got around the Oct. 7 Garrosh hotfix by sneaking the Malice inside the small interval between Fixate falling off and getting reapplied). So we switched to me kiting it (since tanks don't get Malice). That rogue and I had been recently talking about the interrupt behavior of the iron star, and there was a theory floated that the iron star stun only needed to eclipse Garrosh's cast, rather than having to hit during the cast. So my first time kiting the star, I decided I'd test that theory. It didn't work; Garrosh just started his cast after the stun wore off. (But we killed him a few pulls later.)
  • Close call during our first Paragons kill: I blinked out of a Reave almost into a kunchong. Didn't hit it though, fortunately.
  • Tanking Malkorok one farm week, I was sitting at ~800k vengeance while the other tank ate the blood rage. I was at 105% threat mostly not attacking, but figured I ought to refresh lacerate and thrash before my vengeance wore off. The threat was too much...
  • Doing Paragons on my monk recently, I decided I'd try staying in during Rapid Fire with Touch of Karma and Dampen Harm up (nonmonks read: lots of defensive cooldowns). Turns out Dampen Harm, for some reason, doesn't work on the Sonic Pulse damage.
  • Almost every time I tank Rik'kal on my druid, I instinctively put up Savage Defense right away and then have to scramble with the default buff frame to click it off before he casts Injection.
  • The first week we started doing split heroic clears in Throne of Thunder, our alts were weak and we were having some trouble with Lei Shen. On one pull, we'd gotten to the point in phase 3 where the boss was near death, but both our death knights were dead so we couldn't control the ball lightnings. When they started jumping, I hit dispersion so the jumps wouldn't kill me. That was likely premature, as they don't do lethal damage if you're sufficiently spread. So then it ends up that everyone else is dead to the wind and ball lightning and I'm alive in bear form with heart of the wild. But I don't have dispersion. When I die, Lei Shen has about 60k health. That's a 0.003% wipe: 60k out of 1.7 billion. If only I'd saved dispersion... (We ended up killing Lei Shen in that group later, but the second group missed the kill that week.)
  • I posted this two years ago but it's worth repeating: I placed this feast on the gunship in Dragon Soul. Cue half the raid immediately running off the edge...

Revered

Postby Tremnen » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:35 am

displacered out of death from above into a hungry kuchong last week.

Hit Rikkal buff to be a scorpion 3 seconds befor Ka'roz decided to go on his whirl -> hurl amber spree. completely wasting Nature's Vigil and the buff :/

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:58 pm

Another hc Thok fail, although strictly speaking this one wasn't my own.

Countdown to the pull - "3... 2... " Monk tries to swivel his camera, clicks Warlock portal instead and ends up halfway down the corridor. General laughter.

I'd JUST potted...
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Previous

Return to Kitty DPS