Register

Is it worth giving Innervate on CD?

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Honored

Is it worth giving Innervate on CD?

Postby ellorien » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:28 am

How do you guys deal with healers who set up arrangements with you to constantly use innervate on them on CD?

How does 9k mana for a healer stack up against whatever % of dps is lost when giving innervate? Is the dps loss significant, and is it worth it? Should I tell them to just manage their mana better? Should I just keep giving it?

It's not a huge deal, but it seems to inevitably pop up for me all through guild changes and server transfers, so I was curious.

Honored

Re: Is it worth giving Innervate on CD?

Postby Helistar » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:52 am

Honestly my only feeling on Innervate is that I curse myself for not having removed it from the bars every time I accidentally press the key (which happens rarely enough).

In other words, I find it completely useless and irrelevant and I sincerely hope that it's removed from the baseline skills and only given to Resto/Balance in WoD.

Honored

Postby Zstriker » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:23 pm

it's a waste, if your healers are low on mana with current MoP mana regen, they are bad
and a gain from it is pathetic

Honored

Postby ellorien » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:55 pm

Hm, thanks! I couldn't tell if I was just being curmudgeonly about it (since I never beg for innervates on my healer characters) or if it really was silly.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:57 am

I have it bound just to use on myself if I end up OOM somehow in really obscure situations, but it's really not worth using on other people unless you're literally standing there doing nothing during an encounter (and even then I wouldn't to do it personally because it can proc my Ticking Ebon Detonator :evil:).

I wouldn't blame people for asking though, Balance innervate is actually pretty not terrible and some people don't realize that a feral's is a lot worse.

Honored

Postby Cetlysm » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:16 pm

Doesn't it give 3k~ mana now?
Thats maybe 1 renew or half a rejuv?
Only fight ever worth using for amusement purposes only is Garrosh Heroic if you sit on Intermission 2.
ImageImage

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:47 pm

Cetlysm wrote:Doesn't it give 3k~ mana now?
Thats maybe 1 renew or half a rejuv?
Only fight ever worth using for amusement purposes only is Garrosh Heroic if you sit on Intermission 2.

Even then it's sketchy. Our healers always fill up mana completely during that phase, and even if they didn't it can proc your TED (like I said in my previous post) if you have one.

Generally anytime you have a brief stop DPS call would be an ok time to do it, but there aren't really any (non-strat-specific) of those this tier.

Honored

Postby Elamari » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:03 pm

I find it to be completely useless. I only use it on myself when I change specs so I can get into which ever form I need to be in, and even then it takes about 2 secs to give me enough mana. Sometimes I will use it on a healer after I have battle rezzed them, but as we have seen, its like half a spell's worth of mana :v

I it may be removed from Feral / Guardian and become baseline for Resto and Boomkin as a part of their "ability pruning". It makes more sense giving how useless it is to us.
Cricket? Nobody understands cricket. You have to know what a crumpet is to understand cricket.

File under Feral - http://fileunderferal.wordpress.com/

Honored

Postby xahn » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:07 pm

Hey are you sure that it only gives 3k mana for the healer? I thought it says that the least amount it will give is at least 7%

Revered

Postby Stenhaldi » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:33 am

8% of your own mana pool.

Return to Kitty DPS