Register

Edgy/Raffy's Catus Thread (Not 6.0 Ready Yet)

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Exalted

Re: Edgy/Raffy's Official Catus Thread

Postby raffy » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:27 pm

Biggest problem is getting it to automatically know what buffs need scanned. It was easy to monitor Rune and Haromm directly. I don't have enough reflection support to know the map between items/spells, and then their corresponding buff spells. I'm currently going through the list of support trinkets and adding some more meta data.

I can pause you during deaths (using an intermission) but I can't easily unbuff/rebuff someone. This was a stupid decision I made way early in Catus development. Catus2 will be much more flexible.

Things like Rune have 3 buffs to track, but I need to modify my code to allow a Crit rune to proc even when Mastery is currently the highest (unknown explanation for why this would happen.)

This request is nice and allows me to grab uptime information easily:
http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/aur ... /Any/Any/0

I'm not sure about the UI yet either. Here is the basic workflow:
(1) load in a report and select a druid/fight
(2) match Catus up with that Druid
(3) process the parse for uptimes and stuff
(4) spit out errors if procs don't match gear or whatever
(5) use whatever Catus simulator you want for analysis

I think I might make the importer a separate section, and make an option to process the selected parse (relative to the currently imported Druid) and automatically load it the result into the Mirror simulator. This would build a description of all of the necessary alignment information and decouple it from the selected parse. That way, the encounter can be shared between different Catus configurations and loaded/saved w/o external dependancies.

Additionally, you could make a nonsense report. Like for debugging, I've been using a fight description that has a Clearcasting proc every 2sec.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:27 pm

I split the importer and the encounter settings into two:

Parsed report:
Note: I'm capturing a lot of extra stuff.

I've currently trying to mirror a recent fight of Sten's: (picked at random)
http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/bnY ... 4&fight=27

There's some strange stuff, like apparently Dancing Steel is provided to you by the environment, so it appears as an external spell.

Here are matching occurrences, and nearly matching uptimes. (I assume my percentages are slightly different because I'm using combat time, not active time.)
Code: Select all
Name                                  Occ   Uptime
Dancing Steel[Main]                    19   58.80% // vs. 19 @ 55.25%
Haromm's Talisman<580>                  6   19.50% // vs.  6 @ 19.61%
Rune of Re-Origination<549>             9   32.72% // vs.  9 @ 32.72%

I've synced up all procs, including cloak and meta. I've still got to add deaths/idle-time and boss-health/BitW-transition.

Here is a quick Simulator: Distribution so far:
Desc: Mirror of Malkorok (25) <4.6m> for Stenhaldi - Sargeras
[DPS] = 466.2K // Report DPS = 481.4K
    Mean:   465836 +/- 104.51 (10451)
  Median:   466168
 25%/75%:   459.2K - 473.0K
 10%/90%:   452.3K - 478.8K
 Min/Max:   410.2K - 501.9K

I need some good examples of fights with:
- dead Druid + brez or whatever
- Tricks of the Trade
- Skull Banner

Exalted

Postby Stenhaldi » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:03 am

raffy wrote:- Tricks of the Trade
- Skull Banner

This report has tricks on me. It also has a bunch of skull banners (as should most reports), but the skull banner buff isn't logged. You just have to look at summons and hope they're in range (or check position to see if they're in range).

Exalted

Postby raffy » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:37 pm

Thanks, that was helpful. Got Tricks, Banner, Lash, Shattering and stuff working. I've considered Weakened Armor and the vulnerabilities but don't have it working yet.

Do you have any logs (or can you produce one) attacking a target dummy? I'm only planning to show completed kills (no trash, no partials) but I figured dummy analysis would be cool too.

I'm adding a menu which lets you select the boss to use. By default, it will just assume all the targets are one big fatso.

This is quickly getting a bit more complicated than I wanted. To do this right, I'd need a better framework. However, I think this is a good tool to have going forward. Being able to emulate logs with similar-rng and mechanics is probably pretty useful if it was done well.

I think the proper solution is something like this: write a separate application that interprets logs and transcodes them into a detailed script (reducing all the bugs and strange stuff that occurs in recording) and then the primary input to the Catus2 simulator would be this description. Where the typical Patchwerk simulation, is just a very basic description with no procs/alignment specified. The format would also need support for including "the action you took", various target information, etc.

I should have an usable update later today.

Edit: I now got boss health support, so BitW transition is synced.

Getting closer: 472.2K vs 482.3K
http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/knG ... &by=target
Desc: Mirror of Malkorok (25H) <4.5m> for Stenhaldi - Sargeras
[DPS] = 472.2K
    Mean:   472562 +/- 128.25 (12825)
  Median:   472190
 25%/75%:   463.8K - 481.1K
 10%/90%:   456.7K - 489.2K
 Min/Max:   424.7K - 519.7K

Exalted

Postby Stenhaldi » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:50 pm

raffy wrote:Do you have any logs (or can you produce one) attacking a target dummy? I'm only planning to show completed kills (no trash, no partials) but I figured dummy analysis would be cool too.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/dfQjpzq7axPN8Gv3/

Exalted

Postby raffy » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:32 pm

Awesome! I added support for target dummies and wipes (although not sure how to handle them yet.) I can't handle boss healing yet. Like for Garry, I can't find an event explaining his health recovery beyond phase 1:2 transition. I don't know how to handle idle time. Should I detect if your auto-attack is active?
Also, apparently I can't tell your realm from that log (so the Import will prompt you for a realm instead.) And I have difficultly knowing the spec of each druid without pulling a bunch of files. I'll have to talk with Kihrawr about some possible improvements :)

Edit: ok I added Feral spec checking, which limits the crap it imports, but greatly slows down the importing because I need to pull one summary document per fight (and parse the specs out of the HTML.)

I also added a button which matches the provided proc triggers against your gear, to look for incorrect gear.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:51 am

I got something that can be played with:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... 33beta.zip
Edit: oops, 1sec, forgot something
Edit: ok fixed it

Basic Instructions:
Some of the buttons have tooltips as well.

Simulator: Distribution doesn't really support enough tools for proper analysis. Like, I don't have any aggregated statistics like average uptimes and stuff. I'll try to add some basic stuff later this week. I don't want to spend too much time on this, as most of Catus is being revamped for WoD.

Warnings
There are probably lots of bugs. I've only been able to test it with a handful of parses. There's still a lot of rough edges. Rune proc type is ignored (Mastery/Haste/Crit), Windsong proc type is ignored too. Magic and Physical Vulnerability are not captured yet, but Weakened Armor is. Combat is fixed as Patchwerk (93) so don't use a 90 Target Dummy. When [x] Externals are enabled, Faerie Fire and all of the settings under Temporary Effects that are raid cooldowns are ignored. Feral Shattering Blow is not included either. Springs, on-use trinkets, Lifeblood, and Berserking are synced, Potion is not and TF/Berserk are not. There is no idle time identification.

Edit: where did your kitty go? :( http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/hyjal/Pawkets/
Oh: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/12089499338

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:16 am

It's a cat, so it's probably just hiding under the bed.
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Honored

Postby Kihrawr » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:08 am

raffy wrote:It's a mess to parse the warcraftlogs.com data. I expected more data to be visible via JSON but I'm currently stuck parsing the HTML.

A Web API will be coming eventually. You're kind of jumping the gun, but that's ok! ;)

The most helpful thing you can do (I know you posted some on the Warcraft Logs forums already) is let me know what kind of Web APIs you'd like to see. That lets me know what kind of data you're wanting to look at.

Honored

Postby Kihrawr » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:12 am

I should also add that pretty much everything is obtainable via JSON. The front end sometimes gets HTML and sometimes gets JSON, but even that HTML was built by making JSON requests to the back end server. In other words, there are many more JSON requests available that you just don't see because the front end doesn't expose them.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:42 pm

Hey Kihrawr, thanks for the response.

I was able to figure out most of the JSON requests, these are the remaining html transactions:
- / = to attempt realm and region information
- /auras/[report]/[fight]/[start]/[end]/buffs/0/[player]/0/0/source/0/-1/0/Any/Any/0/ = to get all buffs for player (I just find all of the spellIds and then pull their events individually)
- /summary/[report]/[fight]/[start]/[end]/0/0/Any/0/-1/0/ = to get specs for fight (by finding spec icons)

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:08 pm

Yeah isn't it great? It's been down for almost 2 weeks now. Guess our H Garrosh kill timestamp isn't getting recorded anytime soon.

raffy wrote:I don't know how to handle idle time. Should I detect if your auto-attack is active?

Hmm.. tough question. It could be the player inflicting idle time on themselves by intentionally or unintentionally, and in either case it may be appropriate to replicate the behavior depending on the situation. I feel like the most comprehensive way to handle it would be to to offer an option of allowing auto attacks only when the log is autoattacking vs allowing them all the time, but I'd also be afraid of drowning the UI with too many options.

raffy wrote:Springs, on-use trinkets, Lifeblood, and Berserking are synced, Potion is not and TF/Berserk are not. There is no idle time identification.

What's the logic behind that? Shouldn't they all be not synced?

I feel like anything that was reasonably in the player's control should also be in the simulator's control.

Kihrawr wrote:A Web API will be coming eventually. You're kind of jumping the gun, but that's ok! ;)

Feel free to blame me, wouldn't have been an issue if I didn't provoke raffy into implementing my crazy ideas.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:44 pm

I think I just got carried away mirroring stuff. I'll remove the on-use effects. Should that include trinkets too? I guess they're rare in actual use (only low-ilvl gear.)

I'll also add some options for idle-time detection. I can probably make it grab your raid buffs too.

I want to push v33 anyway because I found an issue in the Maximize Stat reforger: when you're flooded with really tight Hit/Exp solutions and way off in sloppy-land (like 7.7%+ territory) there exists a better weighted score. It came up in this thread when reforger better and ended up with a shittier solution. The new reforger has an option which lets you increase the number of retained solutions. However, for most high-level gear, this issue doesn't apply.
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/148 ... st26084288

Postby Paabst » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:56 pm

I've been having problems with the reforging part. It's telling me my stats are 1 point away from each other, but then when I do the actual reforging, my mastery will be 10,043, crit will be 9406 , haste will be 8900. Really confused, am I possibly doing something wrong?

Exalted

Postby raffy » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:25 am

What armory? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... t/advanced

How are you exporting the reforge? Shopping List + Reforgerade?

For reference, if you notice a mistake after you've reforged in-game, just logout (so the armory updates) and go back to Catus. Under "Gear Compare", click (Armory). You might need to hold [alt] while importing so it pulls fresh from the Armory (see Import button tooltip.)

This will give you a detailed output concerning the differences between what's loaded into Catus and your equipped armory.

AFAIK, the Catus paperdoll is true to in-game. But let me know if you're still having trouble.

Revered

Postby Steakbomb » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:28 pm

Yea if you are having trouble with reforges, I highly recommend Reforgerade. Catus has an export that you just copy and paste into it in game and it reforges everything for you. Personally I use Shopping List in Catus to tell me enchant/gem differences to make it easier.

1 thing that may get overlooked as stated above it make sure Catus is pulling a FRESH armory to reforge. and when it pulls it, take a quick look and verify that it is correct before you start changing anything.

Postby Paabst » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:16 pm

got it to work, thanks for the help

Exalted

Postby raffy » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:18 am

A bunch of people have been asking about WoD support. I can push an update this weekend with gear and talent changes (and the experimental Warcraft Logs importer.) However, I will be waiting until more WoD information is made public to spin up Catus2 development.

Postby Mulum » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:24 am

Hey edgy
First of all, I wanted to thank you for your dedication to feral's community. I have a question about Catus and reforging ... you might have been asked the same question...
but here it is...
I recently found out that some of the top feral druids like frag and maximum and even you started gemming from pure red to orange ....
I wanted to know when the appropriate time is for me to do it.... or how can I figure it out myself

here is a link to my armory
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/z ... a/advanced

thanks! :)

Exalted

Postby raffy » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:07 am

From my Rune of Re-Origination Reforge Tutorial:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4574&start=900#p21580
Red/Orange/Yellow?
- if you're [560+], "Yellow" is probably better (you can simulate it)
- otherwise go with "Red"
- if you're low item-level and Red is giving you issues, try "Orange"
- "Yellow (No Agi)" forcibly avoids Agility (but gives you maximum secondaries, not recommended)

You're 576 so Yellow is probably better. You can test this pretty easily:
1. load your druid into Catus
2. make sure Catus is setup for simulation (buffs, debuffs, settings, etc...)
3. note: you're currently reforged as "Red"
4. in the "Reforge" panel, in the "Rune of Re-Origination" tab, select "Gem Option: Yellow"
5. click "Quick Compare" in the lower left
Switching from Red > Yellow appears to be ~1K DPS gain

For reference, the (Quick Compare) button in the reforger will compare your current gear as-is to your gear reforged according to the current settings.

Alternatively, you could also:
1. reforge to yellow, and do a Simulator: Quick Compare against your armory.

2. under Simulator: Quick Compare> Special: Red vs Yellow

3. reforge one configuration to Red, duplicate it (green plus or ctrl+T), reforge the second one to Yellow, do a Simulator: Quick Compare > Configuration (and select the other)

Postby Mulum » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:43 am

Thanks for your help :)

Exalted

Postby raffy » Fri May 02, 2014 2:54 am

Pushed v33, I forgot I never released the Warcraftlogs.com stuff. I said earlier about doing a WoD-ish update to Catus1 but instead I'm just gonna focus my Catus time on Catus2.

Instructions for Warcraft Log stuff:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... rorTut.png
(wups, wrong screenshot)
Earlier comments: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4574&start=925#p21777

Edit: oh, and per Aggixx request, I removed rotational on-use spells (Springs, Racials, Trinkets) from being mirrored.

Honored

Postby mekell » Fri May 02, 2014 5:29 pm

best. update. ever. You rock, Raffy!

Postby Spanja » Tue May 06, 2014 6:54 am

Hey Raffy,

I can't sim a 496 trinket for CM because it tells me that the spell is unknown :

Exalted

Postby raffy » Wed May 07, 2014 1:44 am

Thanks for the report.

I believe this should fix the trinket problem:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... ketfix.zip

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS