Register

Appropriate clip

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Appropriate clip

Postby gardnermk » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:28 pm

Hello,

question, i started using droodfocus to track my kitty bleed strengths so i can clip them appropriately . Now whenever droodfocus is showing a green dot on my bleeds which should mean that the bleed i can apply now should be 12% or more, more power full then the one that is currently on my target, does that mean i should always reapply it at that moment no matter the duration of my existing weaker bleed ? And i am not using RoR or dream of cenarius.

Exalted

Re: Appropriate clip

Postby aggixx » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:43 am

Generally speaking, yes, although you don't want to apply a Rip of less than 5 combo points of course.

Honored

Postby Helistar » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:50 am

aggixx wrote:Generally speaking, yes, although you don't want to apply a Rip of less than 5 combo points of course.

Actually, if you look at Catus' output you see that it does at times apply Rips at 4 CP. I've tried to do this ingame, but it's VERY hard..... the scenario is: strong trinket proc and not enough time to get to 5CP, in this case it's better to place a 4CP Rip, since thanks to the trinket boost it ends up being stronger than a 5CP Rip without the boost. The hard part is making the choice in real-time, as it happens at the end of a trinket proc, so you have very little time to react. I think it got me killed a couple of times, also, since I focused more on energy/bleed ratios/proc time left instead of dodging bad stuff.....

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:35 pm

You don't have to tell me what the simulation action lists do, I'm very familiar with it (since I wrote a significant amount of it and collaborated the majority of the rest).

Yes, there are times where it's best to apply a Rip at less than 5 CP (I do it myself when appropriate of course. Hell I even 3 CP Rip once in a blue moon.) but they are rare, and it is something that really only an advanced player should worry about. The OP was asking a relatively fundamental question so I decided to omit that detail.

Honored

Postby Helistar » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:26 am

aggixx wrote:You don't have to tell me what the simulation action lists do, I'm very familiar with it (since I wrote a significant amount of it and collaborated the majority of the rest).

Ah right, it's you :) Sorry.
I should get more into action lists, so as to have one which better matches my playing skill, since optimizing my gear for a rotation I'll never be able to perform seems a bit of a waste.....

Postby gardnermk » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:55 am

Thanks for the answers :) just needed some reassurance.

Return to Kitty DPS