Register

SoO - Paragons of the Klaxxi 13/14

These strats will give you a 32.33% chance of survival...repeating, of course.
Exalted

Re: SoO - Paragons of the Klaxxi 13/14

Postby Tinderhoof » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:54 pm

You really shouldn't focus on damage to 1 boss, or even your location on the meters unless you are falling under the tanks while you are doing progression. Just focus on staying alive and doing the mechanics right.

As for Skeer unless you get super lucky with procs you are never going to top the meters on him. Compared to other classes who have massive burst cooldowns and do huge openings we don't. Our DPS is usually very consistent and stays at the same level while everyone else drops off after the cooldowns. The longer the fight goes on the more we catch up (like most fights).

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:32 pm

You can compete on Skeer pretty well with TED, but it's a pretty bad fight for the trinket otherwise so I can't say I'd recommend it (poor execute time and lots of brief downtimes where it can proc and be almost entirely wasted).

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:16 pm

Not even with a good TED opener can you compete with equally good warlocks and boomkins during opening burst. Not going to happen.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:09 pm

A huge amount of Affliction and Balance's damage on pull is wasted damage just to fuel procs. Just looking at Skeer damage on top logs for all 3 specs you can see feral is very competitive. The best feral parses completely destroy the best Affliction parses in Skeer damage and it's a similar story for Balance (although to a lesser extent).

Obviously this isn't a very scientific comparison as I only looked at the top 5 parses or so, but trinket RNG shouldn't be a huge factor since everyone gets their guaranteed procs for a good chunk of his lifetime anyway. Another consideration would be that Affliction and Balance are very easy specs to do tons of padding damage on that fight so it's possible the top ranks for those specs are scummier and don't do the maximum possible damage to Skeer.

Honored

Postby Helistar » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:52 am

Thanks for your answers. I still see zero logs on WoL, but Warcraftlogs seems to be working. I cannot find the page for per-class dps ranking (is it anywhere?), but I had a look at some of the top parses and the my numbers seem reasonable.

BTW is TED bugged or what? According to the text "Equip: Your melee and ranged attacks have a chance to grant you [....]", but I had it proc off 0-CP Roars, FFF or even drinking the prepot too late.....

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:13 am

Helistar wrote:Thanks for your answers. I still see zero logs on WoL, but Warcraftlogs seems to be working. I cannot find the page for per-class dps ranking (is it anywhere?), but I had a look at some of the top parses and the my numbers seem reasonable.

BTW is TED bugged or what? According to the text "Equip: Your melee and ranged attacks have a chance to grant you [....]", but I had it proc off 0-CP Roars, FFF or even drinking the prepot too late.....

Class/spec-specific DPS rankings can be accessed in WarcraftLogs via the dropdown furthest to the right on the rankings page. (you have to select DPS rankings in the furthest left column as well, of course)

Probably bugged yeah, it's been like that. Takes a little adjustment to account for.

Previous

Return to Raid Strategies