Register

Warlords of Draenor™ Alpha Testing Begins

Face-rippin fun.
Exalted

Warlords of Draenor™ Alpha Testing Begins

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:00 pm

They just announced that the Alpha will be starting shortly. There is likely to be a sudden flood of datamining info about to drop on us. Just be patient and no one panic. Full text of the announcement here http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/13645405/.

Exalted

Re: Warlords of Draenor™ Alpha Testing Begins

Postby aggixx » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:49 pm

Remember that the game is still in alpha and that things can and will change. That said, commence info dump! My comments will be left to be in a later post, and I'm only including feral-relevant information (you can click the source link if you want to look at the same stuff for other specs).

Systems Changes (source)
Spoiler: show
  • Agility no longer provides an increased chance to critically strike with melee and ranged attacks or abilities (New passive to compensate, see passives section).
  • Each point of Agility or Strength now grants 1 Attack Power (down from 2). All other sources of Attack Power now grant half as much as before.
  • Weapon Damage values on all weapons have been reduced by 20%.
  • Attack Power now increases Weapon Damage at a rate of 1 DPS per 3.5 Attack Power (up from 1 DPS per 14 Attack Power).
  • Attack Power, Spell Power, or Weapon Damage now affect the entire healing or damage throughput of player spells.
  • All players now have a 100% chance to hit, 0% chance to be dodged, 3% chance to be parried, and 0% chance to glance, when fighting creatures up to 3 levels higher (bosses included).
  • Hit and Expertise bonuses on all items and item enhancements (gems, enchants, etc.) have been converted into Critical Strike, Haste, or Mastery.
  • Combo points are now stored on the player, not the target. (source)

Spells (source)
Removed Spells
  • Innervate has been removed. Mana costs for Druids have been adjusted accordingly.
  • Mangle (Cat Form) has been removed. Shred is now available to all Druids (Shred no longer requires the Druid to be behind the target).
  • Symbiosis has been removed.
  • Feral no longer has Tranquility (now Restoration only). (source)
Changed Spells
  • Cyclone can now be canceled by immunity effects (i.e. Divine Shield, Ice Block, etc.), and can be dispelled by Mass Dispel.
  • Disorienting Roar’s effect now shares Diminishing Returns with other Mesmerize effects.
  • Faerie Fire now applies Physical Vulnerability, increasing Physical damage taken by 4% for 30 seconds. It no longer applies Weakened Armor is that raid debuff is being removed.
  • Weakened Blows is removed.
  • Shred no longer requires the Druid to be behind the target.
  • Ravage no longer requires the Druid to be behind the target. (source)
  • Survival Instincts is now available to all Druid specializations. Survival Instincts now reduces damage taken by 70% (up from 50%) with a 2-minute cooldown (down from 3), and for Feral and Guardian specializations can have up to 2 charges (up from 1).
  • Pounce's damage has been increased by 100%.
  • Tranquility now heals every Party and Raid member within range every 2 seconds for 8 seconds. It no longer places a periodic effect on each target. The total amount of healing it generates in Raids should be approximately the same as before this change.

Talents, Glyphs, & Passives (source)
Talents
  • Tier 90
    • Heart of the Wild no longer provides an increase to Hit chance or Expertise while active, and no longer increases Stamina, Agility, and Intellect.
    • Dream of Cenarius: Casting Healing Touch no longer increases the damage of the Druid’s next 2 melee abilities. The passive healing bonus now also includes Rejuvenation in addition to Healing Touch.
    • Nature’s Vigil, while active, increases single-target damage and healing caused by healing spells by 16% (down from 25%), and all single-target damage spells also heal a nearby friendly target for 35% of the damage done (up from 25%). No longer affects damage dealt by the Druid.
  • Tier 100 (source)
    • Lunar Inspiration (Feral) - Moonfire is now usable while in Cat Form, generates 1 combo point, deals damage based on attack power, and costs 30 energy.
    • Bloody Thrash (Feral) - Thrash now also applies the Rake bleed effect to all damaged enemies and awards 1 combo point if it strikes your current combo target.
    • Savagery (Feral) - Savage Roar is now passive.
Glyphs
  • Glyph of Savagery now grants a free 5 combo point Savage Roar when leaving Prowl, instead of allowing Savage Roar to be used with 0 combo points.
  • Some glyphs are now learned automatically as you level:
    • 25: Entangling Roots, Fae Silence, Ferocious Bite, Cat Form
    • 50: Might of Ursoc, Nature's Grasp, Rebirth, Rejuvenation, Savagery
    • 75: Dash, Faerie Fire, Healing Touch, Master Shapeshifter
  • New glyphs: (source)
    • Glyph of Ursol's Defense - Increases your armor in Bear Form by an additional 210%.
    • Glyph of the Ninth Life - Reduces all damage taken while in Cat Form by 10%.
    • Glyph of Maim - Increases the damage done by Maim by 100%.
    • Glyph of Travel - Travel Form grants an additional 60% movement speed, but can no longer be used while in combat. This effect is disabled in battlegrounds and arenas and cannot be combined with other temporary speed bonuses.
Passives
  • Primal Fury now also grants a combo point for area attacks that critically strike the Druid's primary target.
  • There is a new passive for agility users, named Critical Strikes, which increases chance to critically strike by 10%.
Level 91-99 perks, to be granted to the character in a random order upon levelling. (source)
  • Enhanced Berserk - Your maximum energy is increased by 50 while Berserk is active.
  • Enhanced Cat Form - Your movement speed in Cat Form is increased by an additional 5%.
  • Enhanced Tiger's Fury - Increases the duration of Tiger's Fury by 2 sec.
  • Enhanced Prowl - Removes the movement speed penalty from Prowl.
  • Improved Shred - Your Shred deals 20% additional damage.
  • Improved Pounce - Your Pounce deals 100% additional damage.
  • Improved Ferocious Bite - Your Ferocious Bite deals 20% additional damage.
  • Enhanced Rejuvenation - You can cast Rejuvenation while in Bear Form or Cat Form.
  • Improved Healing Touch - Increases the healing done by your Healing Touch by 20%.

PS: Feel free to comment on changes, but for this initial info dump I'm going to try to keep the info centralized in this post to keep the thread from getting super cluttered. Thanks!

Honored

Postby Kraineth » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:39 pm

With snapshotting gone, and DoC now providing no offensive capability feral is looking to be pretty boring sadly. The tiny buffs to Shred/FB are also pretty funny, just skimming through other classes' leveling perks, it seems most got 20% buff across the board, but feral got nothing that buffs bleeds the major source of our damage.

I get it is a first pass, but does blizzard really think that buffing FB by 20% and buffing Starsurge but 20% is even remotely the same benefit. Either there are a lot of coefficient changes that arent in the post, or these perks were made up in 1 hour and will be changed very heavily.

Revered

Postby Steakbomb » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:49 pm

Based on what I see, I actually like most of the changes to feral so far. I feel like they are taking Feral a bit back to what is was years ago.

Shred back to our CP generator is awesome.
Little confused about DoC changes but we went through this not long ago so we will see what happens there. Seems to me that HotW will be purely for spot healing or spot tanking in a pinch and NV will be our choice for DPS but I may be reading that wrong.
Symbiosis going away is Meh, I only use it on 2 fights to actually help my raid vs being a slight DPS increase.
Peace out Mangle!
Primal Fury working on AoE attacks is sweet. WTB Trash crits.
I feel like the Savagery Glyph change makes it useless outside of Opener sequence unless we get a Vanish.
Enhanced Berserk will help a TON so we don't energy cap.
Enhanced Cat Form.....Speedy Gonzales anyone?
Enhanced Tiger's Fury helps a bit to snapshot all bleeds with TF buff.
Improved Prowl just makes opener easier with Enhanced Pounce
Improved Ferocious Bite makes me feel as though our level 100 talent choice will be Savagery unless it's an AoE fight as FB will do more dmg.

Very early on but I like what I am seeing so far. Helps me get over the fact that we won''t snapshot anymore.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:59 pm

I'm glad that they stuck with Shred (thematically).

New Survival Instincts seems preeeetttty damn ridiculous. I definitely won't be missing Dispersion, although loss of debuff removal from Divine Shield is a little unfortunate.

Damn Celestalon and his spoilers, he said they buffed an ability by 100% and it turned out to be pounce! :( Maybe we'll care about using it in our opener now.

Loss of DoC is a sad day, but aside from that I think making that tier pure utility is a solid choice. That said, new Dream of Cenarius (for feral) is the biggest joke of a talent in the fucking world now, rofl.

Level 100 talents: No big surprises here. They added that Lunar Inspiration causes Moonfire to scale with AP which is what we pretty much expected. I am glad that they did it this way instead of tweaking Nurturing Instinct though, it gives me the impression they're serious about it doing damage and not just being a utility skill.

Glyph of Savagery change: Seems extraordinarily dumb... they're just polarizing the feral community around the Savagery (talent) even further by making SR not usable at 0 CP. Also, can they rename one of the two already! Jeesh.

Enhanced Berserk is a great perk, solves any energy capping issues with Berserk. The Cat Form and Rejuv perks are very nice for survivability and utility (you can roll Rejuv on yourself in your free globals!). Enhanced Prowl: About fucking time. The rest is just damage fluff really, which is to be expected given what they had announced about these levelling perks. It does look like they took the healing effect of DoC and put it into a perk, which makes me wonder what they're going to do to the talent since currently it's terrible (as mentioned above).

Kraineth wrote:With snapshotting gone, and DoC now providing no offensive capability feral is looking to be pretty boring sadly. The tiny buffs to Shred/FB are also pretty funny, just skimming through other classes' leveling perks, it seems most got 20% buff across the board, but feral got nothing that buffs bleeds the major source of our damage.

I get it is a first pass, but does blizzard really think that buffing FB by 20% and buffing Starsurge but 20% is even remotely the same benefit. Either there are a lot of coefficient changes that arent in the post, or these perks were made up in 1 hour and will be changed very heavily.

Doesn't surprise me at all really. Our direct damage needs buffing since our damage breakdown is so retarded at the moment (all of our DD spells in the low single percents), I don't mind them not buffing our bleeds, everything will get balanced anyway. Having more direct damage makes our levelling faster, too.

Also, I'm almost positive they had no intention of making the perks balanced in power cross-specialization. None of ours are really super crazy (except for maybe the Rejuvenation one which is defensive), but Guardian has a 1 game-changer and Balance has a couple.

Steakbomb wrote:I feel like the Savagery Glyph change makes it useless outside of Opener sequence unless we get a Vanish.

We already have one, it's just that no one uses it because it's terrible. If Incarnation ends up in a state where it's any good for us, Glyph of Savagery will surely be a must (given you're not using the talent of the same name, of course).

Revered

Postby Steakbomb » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:03 pm

I don't count Incarnation as a real spell for feral as I don''t PvP very much and when I do, I just play like I would against any other random mob.

Postby Zstriker » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:54 pm

aggixx wrote:Loss of DoC is a sad day, but aside from that I think making that tier pure utility is a solid choice. That said, new Dream of Cenarius (for feral) is the biggest joke of a talent in the fucking world now, rofl.

those 90lvl talent tier seems unfinished - broken or smth, from those patch notes line it seems that whole tier is removed, exccept stupid shit Nature's vigil is buffed to be absolute choice for everyone

I like buffed pounce
new moonfire talent is awesome range ability for pvp

those perks, what are they, need more info about them

rest changes are not bother me much

the only sad news are
symbiosis removed, this is really idiotic move what new ability we should get from MoP lvling
I don't understand their logic, why not just revisit and refix all spells, or just remove target side of it, as I know it's all whiny bitchies about priest+cyclone in arena
I'm gonna miss soul swap..
-this is only making me rage shit about druids and also I'm sad for bears with swipe removed for them, how the hell they going to aoe aggro

Revered

Postby Stenhaldi » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:57 pm

Quick thoughts:
- Rejuvenation in cat form is pretty huge. In the current game that'd be ~150k healing per cast; use that in every free global cooldown, and note you'll have more free GCDs due to loss of mangle and lower haste/crit levels. Easily the feral change I'm most excited about.
- Dream of Cenarius needs to do something more than 20% to healing touch. In light of the above remark, perhaps it should also boost rejuvenation. (Or maybe it's already planned to boost rejuvenation and whoever wrote that patch note messed that up, because it definitely doesn't boost rejuvenation now.)
- Loss of symbiosis could be a pretty serious blow to druid class viability on some fights, depending on what kinds of raid mechanics Blizzard comes up with. That said, 70% survival instincts can substitute in many cases. Between survival instincts, barkskin, and might of ursoc, you'll be able to get something like 87% effective mitigation, which is enough for Malice, enough for Aim, enough for first intermission Static Shock, enough for Twisted Anima, but not enough for second intermission Static Shock and useless for Vita Sensitivity.

Revered

Postby Stenhaldi » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:29 am

Zstriker wrote:-this is only making me rage shit about druids and also I'm sad for bears with swipe removed for them, how the hell they going to aoe aggro

Thrash no longer has a cooldown.

Postby Scryms » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:58 am

Honored

Postby Kraineth » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:11 am

Well definitely miss Symbi, as will all the other druid specs who got immunities and such, maybe with this new healing philosophy we won't be seeing so many 1 shot mechanics that are cheesed via things like cloak/bubble. Perhaps the new plans is for these spells to help ease healing, but not be mandatory in order to make fights work, we will see in due time. Rejuv in cat form is also awesome, wondering how that works with mana while in cat form however.
I will mourn the loss of shred/mangle choice, shred was great for checking if you are in the parry arc, and was awesome for fighting rogues with evasion up, though I guess ravage still fills that ability in PvP.

Wondering what the numbers on pounce will really be, cleaving pounce bleeds with Incarnation maybe? Probably not though.

For Bear things certainly look interesting, bringing back pulverize is awesome and the other talents were changed into pretty cool ideas, a far cry from what was presented at blizzcon.

EDIT: Oh man combo points on myself, this changes everything.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:37 am

Yeah, the bear changes are pretty much amazing.

Postby Lynxx » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:38 am

Combo points on ourselves!!!!! Dances* Played a rogue for 5 years and now a feral. Can't say how happy I am about this. So far looking pretty good. Lvl 90 talent tier looks unfinished. I'd say we will see some tweaking with those. Sad to see Doc go, it played so smoothly. But with Dot snapshotting going the way of the buffalo, feral will play differently anyway. Survival Instincts looks a bit busted atm. I still can't ever see me taking passive savage roar, unless it is just a blatant dps increase. I'm thinking moonfire for single target and bloody thrash for add fights. But at this point who knows? I will be sad to see my resto lifegrip go though, =(. 5% more movement speed? Yes please! Excited to see where we end up.

Postby Moosie » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:49 am

Zstriker wrote:the only sad news are
symbiosis removed, this is really idiotic move what new ability we should get from MoP lvling
I don't understand their logic, why not just revisit and refix all spells, or just remove target side of it, as I know it's all whiny bitchies about priest+cyclone in arena

You didn't see this coming? Symb in it's current form was broken beyond belief. Firstly it limited feral arena to playing with a priest or paladin, and while they could have balanced what you get a bit better, it would never be perfect and picking an optimal class to put it on is always going to happen. Secondly, as a level 87 talent, were mages got alter time, hunters getting stampede, rogues getting shadow blades, we get basically a defensive cooldown and the option to have re-direct, it just seemed like a waste of an idea. Symb was more suited towards a talent where you can only gain defensives from it, and having an option of different ones, magic damage reduction, physical reduction or some sort of stun immunties for pvp, not giving things like Shattering throw, soul swap and redirect. Glad this skill is gone, and looking forward to see what is replacing it, if any.

Honored

Postby Kraineth » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:17 am

Moosie wrote:
Zstriker wrote:the only sad news are

You didn't see this coming? Symb in it's current form was broken beyond belief. Firstly it limited feral arena to playing with a priest or paladin, and while they could have balanced what you get a bit better, it would never be perfect and picking an optimal class to put it on is always going to happen. Secondly, as a level 87 talent, were mages got alter time, hunters getting stampede, rogues getting shadow blades, we get basically a defensive cooldown and the option to have re-direct, it just seemed like a waste of an idea. Symb was more suited towards a talent where you can only gain defensives from it, and having an option of different ones, magic damage reduction, physical reduction or some sort of stun immunties for pvp, not giving things like Shattering throw, soul swap and redirect. Glad this skill is gone, and looking forward to see what is replacing it, if any.

Likely nothing, the change to Survival Instincts was pretty much designed to replace Symbi. Some classes (namely rogues) are also losing certain abilities gained with each expansion, with no new spell to replace it, kind of defeats the purpose of ability pruning.

Postby hullaballoonatic » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:28 am

The good:

No symbiosis/Better SI
Shred changes
No damage in level 90 Talents.
Primal Fury changes

The bad

Abandoning Combo points to be just Holy Power/Chi/Rage
Still more defensive cooldowns than I feel Feral should have (not to be confused with needs)
Barely a prune in the number of abilities (-symbiosis, -mangle, +rejuv)
DoC functionality lost
No apparent intent to maintain feral depth/complexity; all changes thusfar make the spec significantly simpler
Level 100 talents are not good

Why??

Gylph of Savagery change
Pounce damage increase

Honored

Postby ellorien » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:39 am

Scryms wrote:https://twitter.com/Celestalon/status/451942057066504192

That's a pretty cool change too.

This is stupendous.

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/status/4 ... 8609734656

Could revert based on feedback, but trying.
This part makes me wary of getting my hopes up too much at the moment.

Buffed Pounce > The stealth openers don't seem to be optimally compatible with pre-potting in PVE (unless there was some secret method I'm missing?) so eh (not an avid PVPer).

DOC rotation loss > Think they said a while back how they had purposely put the option of a harder rotation in for the John Madden crowd? Curious if they're going to find a way to put another one in then. Idk if Moonfire weaving would match up.

Symbiosis loss > will miss Soul Swap. And Play Dead, because cat randomly falling over with a dying grunt is funny.

Postby hullaballoonatic » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:29 am

I can't be excited by the Combo Point change. For better or worse, that they build on the target and not the player is what significantly differentiates them from rage, holy power, and chi. I'd rather blizzard improve the system instead of abandon it.

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:09 am

I agree, the 90-level tier looks very unfinished with placeholders. Overall no big changes for feral complexity, however I'm very happy about the quality of life changes to AoE CP's, shrangle, prowl movement, rejuv, berserk etc. Bloody Thrash looks like it could become the go-to talent for most fights (even single-target if thrash maintains a reasonable coefficient).

I'm a bit sad about glyph of savage roar. On one hand it is a clutch requirement for PvE but is completely displaced by taking Savagery in T100.

Postby Vularo » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:11 am

Gylph of Savagery change: so the first ravage /pounce will be buffed by savage roar, or not? you leave prowl in the same momment as you hit the enemy, and in the same momment you gain a free 5cp savage roar.

pounce buff: ya lol.
losing symb is ok with the change of survival instincts.
prowl changes: about time

other question: Touch of elune and savage roar: does SR also increase dmg of Moonfire? does it give 2cp if it crits?
fea silence: i wish id would also work in cat :/
disorienting roar: still breaks on bleeds?

meow

EDIT: if we still have 70%bleed dmg /30direct dmg, why no dmg CD for bleeds?

yaya, alpha is alpha^^

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:13 am

hullaballoonatic wrote:The good:

No symbiosis/Better SI
Shred changes
No damage in level 90 Talents.
Primal Fury changes

The bad

Abandoning Combo points to be just Holy Power/Chi/Rage
Still more defensive cooldowns than I feel Feral should have (not to be confused with needs)
Barely a prune in the number of abilities (-symbiosis, -mangle, +rejuv)
DoC functionality lost
No apparent intent to maintain feral depth/complexity; all changes thusfar make the spec significantly simpler
Level 100 talents are not good

Why??

Gylph of Savagery change
Pounce damage increase

What is confusing is that with DoC gone you'd take HT off your bars since you can now cast rejuv. But then what is the purpose of Predatory Swiftness? Is it going to be like Guardian-DoC where you have a giant button flash up that you can never use effectively? I hope that they remove the annoying PS flash from the default UI then. No point having it when it won't be used for performance reasons

Postby Scryms » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:23 am

I'd rather blizzard improve the system instead of abandon it.

They tried with rogues in the form of Redirect.
Redirect on a 1mn CD didn't really work that well so they made the glyph making it 10s CD and every rogue (apart from Sub probably) took it. Yet, redirect on 10s CD or having the CPs on you is basically the same thing.

The biggest feral issue atm is probably target switching and this change would help us quite a lot in that regard.

On a side note, I hate seeing the Savagery talent still being here and DoC being removed. Damn that's boring.

Also, Bloody Thrash seems way too strong in the current state of the game. Insane cleave potential, and we could even replace Rake by Thrash on single target (50 energy Thrash+Rake vs. 35 energy Rake). Though, if this proves to be better on single target we'll be energy starved A LOT early on (Mangle gone, Thrash instead of Rake, stats at xpac start)

Well, I guess we'll have to see the actual numbers before making assumptions like this.

Honored

Postby ellorien » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:58 am

Alpheus wrote:But then what is the purpose of Predatory Swiftness?

PS + HT would still have value if you need a direct heal.

Also, instant brez!

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:02 am

I have seen people attempting to compare Bloody Thrash to current mechanics.
1. Agi gives less AP.
2. Not going to have 95% mastery anymore.
3. You assume that Thrash is going to apply the Thrash bleed AND the Rake bleed.

It looks very much like we have the start of a single target talent (extra ranged dot), and a cleave talent, and the annoying PVP talent that PVE will be expected to ignore. Remember still a work in progress.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:07 am

Alpheus wrote:What is confusing is that with DoC gone you'd take HT off your bars since you can now cast rejuv. But then what is the purpose of Predatory Swiftness? Is it going to be like Guardian-DoC where you have a giant button flash up that you can never use effectively? I hope that they remove the annoying PS flash from the default UI then. No point having it when it won't be used for performance reasons

•Feral: Casting Healing Touch no longer increases the damage of the Druid's next 2 melee abilities, or increases the healing of Rejuvenation.

The healing affect that DoC generates from melee attacks will now only buff HT. While it's neat we can cast Rejuv it is hardly going to be a resto Rejuv. Plus we don't know if it will cost mana, energy, or what ever. I doubt they will allow us to roll rejuv 100%. As for healing in general we will not be sitting at either 30% or 100% like we are now. Having a buffed HT almost on demand during damage will take a load off your healers. If you need a raid cooldown HotW is good for tranq/rejuv blanket, or NV for shorter burst AOE healing. DoC will be great for leveling and soloing.

Next

Return to Kitty DPS