Register

The new Glyph of Savagery

Face-rippin fun.
Honored

The new Glyph of Savagery

Postby Kraineth » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:02 pm

So for anyone still unaware, in the 6.0 Client, Glpyh of Savagery is redesigned to give a free 5cp savage roar when leaving prowl.

Some people are rather unhappy with the change, myself included, but if blizzard is dead set on the change, there is something that we need to ensure happens with this glyph.

The free savage roar NEEDS to apply to whatever ability we cast to bring us out of stealth. It is quite evident, via the pounce damage buff and prowl no longer reducing movement speed, that blizzard intends for us to open from stealth with either pounce or ravage.

If the glyph does not apply to the very first attack, feral will require something like a 15-20 second pull timer to: sealth, cancel stealth for the free SR, wait 10 seconds for prowl cd, and then restealth before the pull.

I don't know about you guys, but i dont want to spend the entire next expansion constantly reminding tanks that I need a 20 second pull timer to perfrom a tedious opener.

Exalted

Re: The new Glyph of Savagery

Postby Tinderhoof » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:48 pm

Why are you jumping to the conclusion that your opening attack won't be SR buffed?

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:14 pm

When Prowl is cancelled, you are granted Savage Roar as if it were used with 5 combo points.

http://wod.wowhead.com/spell=127540

Intent seems pretty clear to me. If it doesn't buff the first attack then it's a bug and it'll get fixed.

Revered

Postby Stenhaldi » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:21 pm

Glyph savagery, stealth, unstealth to get 5 CP savage roar, and then switch to another glyph all before combat. I wonder if this will be possible.
Last edited by Stenhaldi on Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:42 pm

Stenhaldi wrote:Glyph prowl, stealth, unstealth to get 5 CP savage roar, and then switch to another glyph all before combat. I wonder if this will be possible.

God I hope not. Though to be honest, there aren't a bunch of other exciting glyphs to swap too at this time.

Revered

Postby Stenhaldi » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:04 pm

I'm thinking cat form/nine lives/stampeding roar mandatory for progression.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:16 pm

I am still unconvinced both Cat Form and 9 Lives will exist at the same time.

Honored

Postby Kraineth » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:18 pm

Tinderhoof wrote:Why are you jumping to the conclusion that your opening attack won't be SR buffed?

For the same reason that we still have a lag in our combo point generation from crits.

Who knows in what order these triggers to cancel stealth and subsequently add the savage roar will be, if there is any delay to it, or it is coded to trigger after the first hit which actually brings us out of prowl then the stealth-cancel-restealth will be the only way to make the glyph work correctly.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:33 pm

The whole point of the glyph is to not have to do stupid things to have SR available with a stealth opener. It is meant to function to buff your opening attack. If it doesn't work that way in beta they will either fix it or scrap the glyph. Now is not the time to be pessimistic about stuff that no one has tested yet.

Postby hullaballoonatic » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:48 am

What would be the issue with just making this baseline for feral? With giving us equal movement speed in prowl and buffing our openers, I don't see reason to think blizzard isn't expecting us to use our openers to start fights in pve anyways (other than times when you would open with moonfire, but you can just moonfire from prowl). Making a cp and then using Savage roar, and then refreshing it again after its shortish duration expires always felt a bit weird to me, anyways, and this would just smooth everything out.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:17 pm

Stenhaldi wrote:Glyph savagery, stealth, unstealth to get 5 CP savage roar, and then switch to another glyph all before combat. I wonder if this will be possible.

They may have a hard time making it not possible. I suspect they would have to make changing any glyph remove your savage roar.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:53 am

hullaballoonatic wrote:What would be the issue with just making this baseline for feral? With giving us equal movement speed in prowl and buffing our openers, I don't see reason to think blizzard isn't expecting us to use our openers to start fights in pve anyways (other than times when you would open with moonfire, but you can just moonfire from prowl). Making a cp and then using Savage roar, and then refreshing it again after its shortish duration expires always felt a bit weird to me, anyways, and this would just smooth everything out.

Why would you assume they don't expect us to use stealth openers in PVE? If the Pounce bleed is buffed enough why would we not want to open with a buffed bleed? Mostly I would expect they don't want to make it baseline because of PVP.

Postby hullaballoonatic » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:28 am

I may have worded it poorly. I meant to say that I assume Blizzard expects us to use stealth at the start of pve fights. I think starting a pve encounter without the glyph of savagery feels weird, where you have to build one cp and then use savage roar, and progress from there, and it would just be smoother gameplay to give us this glyph baseline and not too detrimental for balance.

Return to Kitty DPS