Register

BIS gears with RoRo?

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

BIS gears with RoRo?

Postby istanu » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:08 pm

Once we get the Rune of Re-Origination trinket, do we still need to worry about BIS gears?

It seems to me that all the gears would be the same providing they have same item level. Since we need to reforge our mastery, crit and haste to the same number, so they value the same.

Am I correct that item level the only thing we need to worry about?

Revered

Re: BIS gears with RoRo?

Postby Steakbomb » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:41 pm

Yes and no. With RoRo, your gear is basically always BiS for what you have but better itemization on gear results in more overall secondary stats which in turn gives you a higher Mastery Proc.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:07 pm

Yes higher item level is always better (except for the case of trinkets, set bonuses, or wasted stats), but when comparing items of the same level you want the pieces whose two secondary stats are closest to each other in value. These are the pieces that have the highest total secondary stats. That said, the difference in DPS of two pieces of the same item level will generally be a lot smaller for you than it is for any other spec.

You can find the BiS list in my feral guide stickied at the top of this forum.

Postby istanu » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:28 am

Hmmm, interesting. I didn't realize before that even the items at same ilvl could have different total secondary stats. What's the intent for Blizzard to make such a difference.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:03 pm

The idea is to partially mitigate the gap in item power between a perfectly itemized item and a poorly itemized item for your spec. If you really really like mastery, and there's an item with a ton of mastery on it, then you're going to really like that item. But if the total number of secondary stats on the item is reduced a bit because it's got such a huge amount of one stat, then you'll still like that item more than anything else, but the difference in power isn't quite so substantial.

Return to Kitty DPS