Register

Windwalk

Observe my Growling Bear style. I block blows...with my FACE.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Windwalk

Postby Arthaei » Wed May 04, 2011 11:45 am

So now that mat costs for this enchant have plummeted, is it worth picking up now and in the future? I imagine both enchants are very similar in terms of overall worth throughout a fight, Windwalk providing a large amount of avoidance on a proc basis, or Agility providing much less avoidance but more constant damage reduction from Savage Defense + increased SD's proc and threat. I suppose I've answered my own question really, still it would be nice hear people's thoughts on the future of this enchant for bears. Rawr certainly holds it in high regard as the best enchant.

~Arth~
"Many druids died to bring us this information"

Honored

Re: Windwalk

Postby felhoof » Wed May 04, 2011 2:11 pm

Procs for avoidance are only good when healer mana is a significant concern. Otherwise you want more steady damage reduction, which is not what windwalk provides.

If there's a fight that really pushes healer mana then windwalk will be good.

Postby Arthaei » Wed May 04, 2011 8:18 pm

Cheers, I'll stick with Agi then for now.
"Many druids died to bring us this information"

Postby Däy » Mon May 16, 2011 2:19 pm

from my understanding WW only really pulls ahead of heroic raid encounters. So if you are not doing them i would have to agree to stay with agi.

Honored

Postby felhoof » Mon May 16, 2011 3:59 pm

from my understanding WW only really pulls ahead of heroic raid encounters. So if you are not doing them i would have to agree to stay with agi.
Not even then.

Postby Feral_Instincts » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:31 pm

I'm curious why it's not better when most places seem to list it BiS for bear.

Postby Annunaki » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:25 pm

Because most places are wrong?

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:18 pm

Could you prehaps name a few of those places that are implying that Windwalk is better?

Honored

Postby Andanas » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:05 pm

I've seen it mentioned in Ressi's guide. "Agi v Windwalk depends on the content you're tanking. For normal mode and heroic tanking, you want 130 Agi. For heroic raiding, Windwalk pulls ahead."

Postby Feral_Instincts » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:04 pm

I know that's what Rawr is coming up with.

In the forums sticky it says:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1126995943#5
"Agi v Windwalk depends on the content you're tanking. For normal mode and heroic tanking, you want 130 Agi. For heroic raiding, Windwalk pulls ahead."
And Reesi wrote it who is also the Inconspicious Bear:
http://theincbear.com/feral-tanking-gui ... nd-glyphs/

WoWWiki seems to imply it because why have an "expensive option" if it's not better: (Is noted for 4.0.6)
http://www.wowwiki.com/Druids_as_Tanks
For Cataclysm (4.0.6), Enchant Weapon - Mending[2] and Enchant 2H Weapon - Mighty Agility[3] are very affordable weapon enchants for druids. For a higher-end enchant, Enchant Weapon - Windwalk[4] is a very expensive option.

I could list several souces that use "Mighty Agility or Windwalk" which seem to put them on par.

Honestly, wasn't challenging the idea too much, was more curious about the math behind it.

Honored

Postby felhoof » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:38 pm

Windwalk is good when healer mana is the most important thing, period. you can't rely on it or plan on when it procs, so the best it'll do is provide inconsistent avoidance at random times.

Agi is good any other time. It provides threat, damage, higher SD uptime, bigger SDs, and avoidance. It is not a win as far as reducing the most damage overall, but it provides a lot more consistent effect. And the difference is fairly small.

Return to Bear Tanking