Register

Edgy/Raffy's Catus Thread (Not 6.0 Ready Yet)

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Exalted

Re: Edgy/Raffy's Official Catus Thread

Postby raffy » Tue May 27, 2014 5:34 pm

That error is part of the code that puts two WoW icons together (sideBySideIcon) which isn't supposed to fail unless there are download issues. Can you try deleting your entire Cache folder again and restarting Catus?

Additionally, I've made an archive of a complete fresh Catus Cache: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... hCache.zip
Try deleting your existing Cache folder and replacing it with the one in the archive if wiping the Cache again doesn't help.

The problem is probably related to the statement: "Changed user.dir: G:\Catus-Latest"
Catus is detecting that the current working directory is not the Catus directory and attempting to change it. Which is strange since you're navigating directly to the Catus directory and invoking "java -jar Catus.jar". I'll look around for solutions to this. Are you using cmd.exe to execute the commands above?

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Wed May 28, 2014 11:16 am

raffy wrote:@aggixx, when I uncheck a slot, it blocks all modifications of that item. Oh I see, are you using Minimize Cost? That seems to mistakingly not respect the check state when it shifts the gems around. Or are you doing something else?

I don't know. I was told it wasn't working but wasn't able to replicate. That might be it.

Edit: Turned out to be a misunderstanding. Glad you found an issue out of it, though!

Honored

Postby Ekthelion » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:16 am

@raffy: It's working now. It was the Comodo Internet Security issue. I turned it off and Caktus (sorry, couldn't have resisted that :D) was still not working (that misled me). But when I added the Catus.jar path to the trusted path of Comodo, it was working again.
Da Vuhdo iz wid'ya mon!

Honored

Postby scorpio0920 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:03 am

@raffy:

Do you have plans to update Zephyrus?

I use Zephyrus for Enhancement, I like the gem options and reforge in Catus.

btw:
Export simc not working in Zephyrus.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:08 am

I updated to Zephyrus 20, which fixes the Simc issue and added Shaman.

What are you using Zephyrus for exactly?

Honored

Postby scorpio0920 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:23 am

raffy wrote:I updated to Zephyrus 20, which fixes the Simc issue and added Shaman.

What are you using Zephyrus for exactly?

Just like catus.

I use Zephyrus for my Enhancement Shaman.

gems and reforge.

Thank you!

I love Catus and Zephyrus

Honored

Postby Dolenraug » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:44 am

Hello fellow kittys/bears!

I just have a quick question, can i use Catus for getting the best reforging if i no longer have RoR?

Thanks a bunch!

//Dolenraug

Honored

Postby Paloro » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:59 am

@Dolenraug

Yes, Catus can reforge for non RoR users. Just remember to input the correct stat weights for your character.

Honored

Postby Dolenraug » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:03 pm

Paloro wrote:@Dolenraug

Yes, Catus can reforge for non RoR users. Just remember to input the correct stat weights for your character.

Thank ypu for your answer! About this correct stat weights yeah, so it's not just "push the button"? :?

Postby Untamable » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:35 pm

Hi!

So I just got my RoRo a couple of days ago and I'm trying to optimize my gear around it.

when I used Catus, the reforging/gemming it wanted me to do gives: 7.77% hit 7.60% exp 12104 Mastery 12103 Haste 12103 crit with the "yellow" gem option

Now when I tried AskMrRobot, it gave me some weird gemming "including a pure blue hit gem" but the results seems better "maybe?"
it gives: 7.60% hit 7.60% exp 12124 Mastery 12122 Haste 12122 Crit

*same agility in both cases*

Why is Catus not considering the blue hit gem? Am I not doing it correctly on Catus?

Thank you for your time!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... e/advanced

P.S. I changed agility weight in AMR to 5

Honored

Postby Cetlysm » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:58 pm

You could try doing a yellow(-exp/sec), could come out ahead of both yellow and mrrobot
ImageImage

Exalted

Postby raffy » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:36 pm

I released Catus 41. It should auto-update on next launch.

@Untamable, thanks for the report. I added an additional [x] Pure Hit gem option to Catus. I wasn't able to make this gem work with the fast reforging technique, so when this option is enabled, the reforge is tad slower. Additionally, since there are so many reforging solutions, Catus isn't able to find your exact reforge/gems/enchants, so if you use Catus to do a future reforge, you might need to make some tedious gem changes. Catus is now able to find both your 12124/12122/12122 reforge, an equally good 12124/12123/12121, and many others. I would of spent more time fixing this (so it was integrated), but since reforging is gone in WoD, the current solution will have to do.

This update also fixes the "Minimized Cost" + Immutable slot issue, adds some buttons to the Override Set Bonus panel, fixes the Inert stats in Stat Weights, and includes some other fixes.

Edit: Warning: I (mistakenly) removed the code that invalided the Heirloom items when they were changed in 5.4.8. If you haven't launched Catus in a while, these items might be screwy. Inside the Catus Cache (there is a button to access the Cache directory under "Internal Features") delete the "raffy.antistupid.com" directory and restart Catus.

Postby Untamable » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:01 pm

Thank you for the update. I did find the reforges you mentioned, but as you said, it was a bit slower.

Thanks again for all the great work!

@Cetlysm Yellow "exp/sec" is almost as good as what I have right now. Thanks for the tip!

New to Catus wanting help

Postby Aerothane » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:30 am

*****Moved to appropriate thread******
So I'm not 100% sure if I am siming my feral druid right. I am trying to compare my current build/gem of pure agility basically to a secondary stat build since I just got rune on heroic. I opened catus loaded my character Aerothane on Aerie Peak and clicked reforge, rune, mastery overflow 2, change gems, keep colors, gem color yellow, and then quick compare. It then simmed a .5% increase, did I do what I was trying correct?

edit* thanks for moving

Exalted

Postby raffy » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:04 am

I apologize that I don't have much documentation for stuff.

The (Quick Compare) button in the Rune reforger tab will compare your current gear to your gear reforged as if you clicked Reforge -- it's like a "What do these settings do?" button. So yes, if you just setup the reforger (but didn't apply the reforge), clicking Quick Compare will give you the desired result.

Additionally, you can use one of the Benchmark: Special: "Rune: Color vs Color" options found in under "Simulator: Quick Compare." However, this method isn't as transparent (since it doesn't directly reveal either reforge) but it gives you immediate feedback.

Both of these options use you current Catus configuration, so make sure your Buffs and stuff are setup and the desired encounter is selected.

Lastly, I would be careful about setting your Mastery Overflow to 2 and [x] Keep Colors. This amount of Mastery Overflow requires that your 1:1:1 is pretty tight (2 overflow => within 7 secondaries of x+1:x:x). If no solutions can be found, it will error (or choose a wasteful Hit/Exp solution that fits the criteria.) The only purpose of a small Mastery Overflow is speed. [x] Keep Colors tries to respect your existing gem colors and will produce undesired results if not used intentionally (see tooltip.) I added a (Reset to Defaults) button at the corner of the reforger panel. These settings (except for the color choice) should be sufficient for almost all gear.

Postby Aerothane » Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:00 pm

Ok thanks.

Honored

CATUS settings help curr/rec/config

Postby bacevicius » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:49 pm

*****Moving to correct thread*****
I am about to go nuts because every time I change gear from the pulldown menu (trying to see how 2 553 teir up'd to 569 work compared to Heroic non hood and shoulders from naz heroic upgraded 8 lvls ... well every time I change the drop down menu from whats in the armory when I logged out to what I have in my bags /reforge with rune. I get two totally different numbers when comparing to the armory it changes EVERY TIME.. the armory is the armory I thought I cant get catus to give me a Definite answer italways comes out 2 to 3k different and its driving me nuts . I also don't know what use currnet /config/ and recommended is on the Dps sim box to calculate either... please tell me why its changing its outcome every time I am obviously doing something wrong

Exalted

Postby raffy » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:39 pm

1.) make a blank configuration [ctrl+N] (or hold [alt] and click green plus)
2.) import your druid
3.) upgrade your head/shoulders to +16
4.) select HotW or DoC (you don't have a talent picked)
5.) reforge to Orange
6.) use (Recommended Settings) (Recommended Encounter)
7.) click the configuration name at the top, rename to "Armory"

8.) clone the configuration [ctrl+T] (click green plus)
9.) change head to [574] Hood, give it meta gem
10.) change shoulder to [574] Shoulderguards, give it enchant
11.) reforge to Orange
12). click the configuration name again, rename to "2pc"

13.) under "Simulator: Quick Compare", (Use Current) and select Benchmark: Configuration: "Armory"

Use Current = use current configuration settings for both simulations
Use Recommended = use noob mode settings regardless of settings in either configuration
Use Configuration = use specified settings for each simulation (allows you to vary things like buffs, encounter type/duration, ...)

Example: If you select "Use Configuration" BOTH configurations need to be setup. If one has a 3-minute Patchwerk duration and no buffs and the other is using a 8-target Cleave for 30-minutes with raid buffs, these settings will be reflected in the result. "Use Current" will use whichever setting is currently visible to you for both simulations.

--

If you're having difficulty syncing Catus to your armory, you can hold down [shift+alt] while clicking (Import). (Note: [shift] = compare, [alt] = force refresh, see: Import button tooltip.) First, it will import your Druid and compare it to your current profile, if they are the same, it will tell you. If they are different, it will Clone your configuration, replace your gear with your latest armory gear, and give you a report concerning the differences.

Honored

Postby bacevicius » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:56 pm

TYVM . it was making me want to smash keyboard

Exalted

Postby raffy » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:26 am

For shits, I released Catus 42 with WoD set bonuses available through (Override Set Bonuses.) This is primarily to gauge the relative power of these bonuses. You should switch to Shred to test the Shred-related bonuses as I do not trigger them with Mangle (but maybe I should because of WoD Shred energy cost.) Note: Catus is still a MoP simulator.

Honored

Postby Cetlysm » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:42 am

Think they'll allow us the use the PvP bonus in release?
They let paladins use pvp bonuses for a while, sometimes they nerf it sometimes it takes them a complete tier to fix it.
Last edited by Cetlysm on Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:07 pm

I am pretty sure the 10% damage to Shred is the 2p bonus, and the FB is the placeholder Celestalon mentioned in his tweet. Every first tier 2p bonus has been a buff to our direct damage combo point generators.

Postby NQQ » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:58 am

Excuse me ...eh ..I've downloaded the catus v32 but I get a problem

"Unable to download action list:Patchwerk"

Exalted

Postby raffy » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:34 pm

Has this problem fixed itself or is it still happening?
When you say v32, do you mean v42?
Can you download this file directly?[

Honored

Postby Cetlysm » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:32 pm

Does anyone have that list of the best offpieces in SoO?
About to give up on shoulder/leg WF drop, have malk chest and immersus helmet both WF.
ImageImage

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS