Register

Thoughts on Datamined T12 armor set

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Honored

Thoughts on Datamined T12 armor set

Postby Morghan » Wed May 11, 2011 8:36 am

What do you guys think of how it looks, personally as it stands right now, I'm very MEH about it. I'm sick of trying to be a badass kitty DPS wearing a dress. Maybe seeing the shoulders included in the set will make it mesh better but right now I'm not a huge fan of its looks, good thing I spend 100% of my time looking badass in kitty form (Come to think of it, maybe thats why they always make it look caster like since only Resto actually get to see it ever)

In my mind, my Malorne T4 set will always be my favourite! :')

Re: Thoughts on Datamined T12 armor set

Postby Flea » Wed May 11, 2011 2:56 pm

It kind of looks like the Shaman tier 11 had a baby to me.

I'm just confused as to why they would give druids a face covering helm when three of the four druid races have big noses/snouts that look really weird sticking out of helms. >:

Honored

Postby felhoof » Wed May 11, 2011 5:07 pm

Malorne...ugh. I had those shoulders for way, way too long. Stupid 2p bonus that was ridiculous. Bah.

I really liked the T5 look. That was probably my favorite. The shoulders were great.
T8 was also pretty decent.
T10 was...interesting. It grew on me. The nomming shoulders of nom nom was fun.

T11 and T12 both bore me, but I've not seen the shoulders.

Postby Suhmon » Wed May 11, 2011 5:44 pm

T5 was incredible and this looks somewhat like that. At least the datamined skin for the shoulders looks close enough. Not sure how they'll actually look fully formed into shoulder shape. The helm looks pretty cool on Tauren too.

And what's up with druids complaining about wearing robes? Druids wear robes. Druids are priests of nature, even feral druids. Robes and staves are part of the uniform and always have been. Besides, we always look HORRIBLE in pants. No race that can be a druid looks good in leather pants.

Edit: The face covering is actually kind of weird when you look at it close. It doesn't really cover the face, just frames the face and causes the eyes to glow. On Tauren it is just a set of horns across the brow and wood going around the sides of the head to make the eyes glow with wood coming up the back. It looks pretty cool actually. Much better than the fail helm we have now. I'm tired of that stitched together leather cap that hangs down over my eyes with its glued on feathers.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Wed May 11, 2011 11:59 pm

Feral looks good with pants imo...seriously, a FERAL druid wearing a robe is lame, at the least they should cut it for that spec, let the frilly casters have a robe, I want pants dang it.

Also, T5 > all in terms of design. Though I did like T7 some...T8 and T9 were ok except for the horrible, HORRIBLE helms, I guess my favorite out of wotlk would be t10. But seriously, they need to look at T5 every time they start designing and think to themselves, "how can we best this?" Even though it's likely impossible, they can come closer than some of the stuff that's been thrown our way...then again, the whole point of armor is null for feral since we spend all our time in cat form anyways.

Finally, what shoulders? I didn't see anything on the t12 druid shoulders, unless it was updated somewhere? Rest of it, kinda eh...

Postby Suhmon » Thu May 12, 2011 1:58 am

How do pants look good on ferals? Feral druids are still druids. Still priests of nature. All druids in Warcraft wear robes. If you need to look, just go look at the old artwork for druids of the claw in early WoW and WC3, they wore fur robes. We're still casters, even if we melee in form.

And the skin for the t12 shoulders exists, it's just not actually in shoulder form. It is just the graphic in a sheet. Looks good though.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Thu May 12, 2011 2:18 am

Suhmon wrote:How do pants look good on ferals? Feral druids are still druids. Still priests of nature. All druids in Warcraft wear robes. If you need to look, just go look at the old artwork for druids of the claw in early WoW and WC3, they wore fur robes. We're still casters, even if we melee in form.

And the skin for the t12 shoulders exists, it's just not actually in shoulder form. It is just the graphic in a sheet. Looks good though.

I do, I have the old games like WC3. Didn't care for it then either...and lol, priests of nature, maybe if you're one spec...eh, like I said doesn't matter since we have forms to hide whatever (sometimes ugly) armor they try giving us to wear.

Also, do you have a link to the shoulders? Would be interested in seeing em...probably some sorta flame effect?

Honored

Postby Morghan » Thu May 12, 2011 8:49 am

Broll Bearmantle wears pants and he's badass! :D

Revered

Postby Sylvaneart » Thu May 12, 2011 8:56 am

YOU TOOK THAT PIC FROM MY DESK! GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!!!!!!
Be sure to subscribe to The Fluid Druid RSS feed and follow me on twitter! @Sylvaneart

Postby Suhmon » Thu May 12, 2011 5:54 pm

Morghan wrote:Broll Bearmantle wears pants and he's badass! :D

No, he's not.

As for the shoulder skin, it was on the wow druid forums somewhere. One of the threads about the set. Early in the thread I think.

Honored

Postby felhoof » Thu May 12, 2011 5:59 pm

Yeah, I didn't like the pics I saw of the human/nelf with it, but on a tauren it looks kinda hawt.

Return to Kitty DPS