Register

Kitty DPS on Putricide

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Honored

Kitty DPS on Putricide

Postby Goodmongo » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:47 pm

The guild I'm in finally defeated Putricide on 25 man last night. All melee DPS is also required to attack both oozes when they appear. I'm wondering what strategy the other kitties use on this fight as my DPS numbers are not that great for the fight. I'm averaging around 6500-7200 with a 5720 GS.

I know all that movement and hardly any rip uptime hurts but is there anything I can do to increase the numbers? I do use feral charge to get back to PP and sprint when they are off CD. For PP things are fairly standard with the attack sequence. (FF getting in place, mangle, SR, rake, shred, rip, etc.). I also do use my beserk at the start so i can also use it in phase 3.

On the oozes I mangle, SR if down, rake then try to shred. Sometimes it's hard to tell front from back so I might just mangle when there are too many poeple and mobs around. If chasing I do shred because then I'm sure I'm behind it.

Also, there are always a couple seconds wasted waiting for the ooze to target something. Our RL gets mad if we are not ready to attack so we kind of have to leave the boss else get yelled at for not killing ooze fast enough.

So to sum up do other kitties out there handle it differently? Is there something I'm missing? Or do we just have to accept much lower DPS numbers on fights like this one?

Site Admin

Re: Kitty DPS on Putricide

Postby Alaron » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:30 pm

Don't sweat it...I think the most I've ever pulled on PP is 8-9k. Melee is pretty disadvantaged here, due to all the movement and the choking gas bombs. Only tips I can think of is have someone in your raid watch the choking gas timer so they can call it out; oh, and if you can, when stacking on a green ooze target, try to orient yourself so that the explosion knocks you towards PP. This fight isn't a DPS race except for the last part of P2 (transition in-between ooze spawns) and P3.

Postby vita » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:42 am

Strange, as for me on PP hm I'm top melee-dps, even while bear-tanking 2 stacks in p3 (in dps spec-gear), and that way missing the bloodlust. It's rather palret that seem poor on this fight for what I see.

My way to do is using combo on PP for managing a good sr before and for each pop, and be full energy. Getting in place with this fresh sr up.

On green mangle, rake and rip if target in mele (so during bump your ticks go).If distant target, classic shred then FB, (because time to get 5 cp, your rip would be too late to be efficient).

On Orange, be in contact at pop, mangle, rake, rip (low cp I know), then move 10 meters in case your the target, because at this moment the target will be designated. This time out of reach is why you want dots on it. Then back shred, FB.

3 first attacks don't bother about not finding the back, this is an advantage.

I use sprint and berserk at both transitions. With sprint you can get 1/2 cp at pop on your dedicate target, then place yourself, then go back on when targets designated. It's not the best dps usage of berserk, but it's the more usefull to avoid some dead-mates before p3.

Feral charge when you feel but not on the green after bump as you could be next target and only close player.

Think barskin when bump is about to occur. Morph bear and frenzy regen when targeted by orange too ease the heal on you.
At each wype you should still always be the laststandingplayer.

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/detail/2042481340#damageout

To manage well cp and energy you want to have your SR from PP. And you want to be positionned and full energy when adds appear. (even that way loosing lot of dps on PP)

Heroicmode way, but mostly the same normal mode.

Site Admin

Postby Alaron » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:25 am

vita, I said melee in general was disadvantaged...not cats. :) Cats are probably the best melee for this fight due to movement speed + FC + survivability...but I'd still rather have a ranged-heavy group to make dealing with the adds easier.

Honored

Postby Goodmongo » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:42 am

So last night we were back on PP 25 man. As a raid we did really well and 1 shotted him. I know no big deal now. But my dps was again low for this fight. I was #1 or #2 for all other fights but dropped way down on this one. I looked at the meters and noticed that I was missing tons of times. It seems that in P3 being behind the boss means you stand on the viles and get a big debuff to hit. Don't know why i never knew this before but I didn't.

So any advice on this besides the obvious not to stand on vials? It seems it would be hard to shred wihtout being behind him since he's also moving all the time. Can I run and strafe him from behind? Are there strategies to minimize you from having your hit go to the crapper? Thanks.

BTW tonight I'll try the new Ovale 1.2 script on LK 10 man.

Postby Zantada » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:03 am

If you've got any pets on the boss you can use them as a marker to stand behind (or with) and you'll avoid the debuff from the gas (the hit problem)

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:47 pm

The choking gas vials are a timed ability. Any boss mod (Big Wings, DXE, DBM) will have a timer for when he is set to drop the bottles next. He will drop 2 bottles behind him on the left and right side. When you see about 3 seconds on the timer, move to the front of him. When the bottles drop the tank should move him away, and you get back behind him shreding to your hearts content.

Honored

Postby Goodmongo » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:01 pm

Tinderhoof thanks for the tip. That sounds like a great strategy.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:14 pm

Any time.

Return to Kitty DPS