Register

New Feral DPS Ovale Script (Updated for 4.0.1)

Face-rippin fun.
Honored

Re: New Feral DPS Ovale Script

Postby Goodmongo » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:43 am

Leafkiller,

thanks for posting the revised scripts. In my previous posts I was trying to point out this same issue but was doing it badly. I started to manually clip SR just to make sure I could refresh rip but if this script change does it then that will be great. I'll be testing it on Tuesday. Overall I think the script does a really good job and is much better then any other one out there.

Postby Willféral » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:35 am

OK stupid question only cause i havent used Ovale for that long. Used to face mauler but since this sounds to be a little more accurate. Maybe now i wont cut my bleeds as much. My question is this.
In the frame where it shows what spells should be cast next. When it is "redded" (no not a word but its def. not greyed out) out and has the timer counting down on it. Does that mean that i should wait before i cast said spell?
Not sure the reason why its red.

Just wanted to check before i used it tonight in raid and end up getting a bad parse cause i wasnt doing it right

Thanks for the feedback

Will

Honored

Postby Goodmongo » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:22 pm

I've also seen that and not sure what it actually means. With everything changing like energy levels, time on DOT's etc. it's difficult to know because it also changes color fairly quickly. In the heat of battle it's hard to stop and just look and watch. :) Having, said that I also use cat's eye or need to know for timers just to make sure I'm not clipping rake or rip. I like cat's eye right now because it gives me combo and energy all in the same space.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:37 pm

Yes - when it is red and counting down you should wait to cast. You should be using timers in addition to Ovale (I use Badkitty - although there are several choices you can use that Alaron mentions in a blog post). You can easily correlate what Ovale is suggesting with the actual timers and it becomes much clearer what you are looking at.

Goodmongo - let me know what you see when you test the changes - as I only observed them on a target dummy and do not have a full parse to look at yet.

Site Admin

Postby Alaron » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:32 pm

Leaf,

I think the problems are somewhat related. The energy pooling code in Ovale for Shred doesn't seem to be working properly (or my energy cap/no SR Shred line is firing when it's not supposed to) which is causing Shred to be recommended too frequently, which is cutting down on average energy available, which is decreasing Rip/Rake uptime. Until I can play with Ovale some more, just make sure you let your energy get up to ~80 before using a filler Shred.

I did try bumping up the SR clip priority (doable in Simcraft by simply moving the action upwards in the action list) and didn't really see a significant DPS change. Problem with the SR clipping is that there's too many variables...time left on SR, time left on Rip, difference between the two, numbers of cp's, energy, etc. I'd love to have a Rawr-style optimization program, but that's beyond my abilities.

Hopefully, I should have some time this week to look at it (and take a look at what you've changed). In regards to OOC, I can't give exact numbers because I'm at work, but the OOC Shreds were adding approx 1 extra Shred/minute in exchange for a ~2% decrease in Rake uptime and a ~1% decrease in Rip uptime, which worked out to about ~180 DPS (on the BiS profile).

Will- yes, the icon goes red when it's next in the queue to be used but it's not time to use it yet.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:36 pm

I think the pooling issue may be caused by the way you are checking for TF being available. Borrowing from the script I was using before, I changed the primary shred line to:
Code: Select all
if {ComboPoints(less 4) or TargetDebuffPresent(RIP 1 mine=1)} and TargetDebuffPresent(RAKE 1 mine=1) and {Mana(more 79) or BuffPresent(BERSERK) or {2s before Spell(TIGER)}} Spell (SHRED)

I definitely see pooling with that - but did not test it enough to know if that addressed the issue you were seeing. I am also not sure if it should read "3s before" vs. the "2s before" I grabbed.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:22 pm

I tested the fix I did to the TF/Shred logic and pooling is working now. I built a new script in which I removed the Priority=4 from the SR lines, and used 3 seconds for the TF window on Shred and the results looked good. SR clipping was happening when expected and Rip uptime looked decent over a 7 minute training dummy test. Shred damage is higher than what I am used to but that is expected with the OOC/Shred logic.

One thing I did see was it said to TF with OOC up. This is not a common occurrence but I did put code in to prevent it from happening. Perhaps you could measure this in your simcraft runs to see what difference it makes.

Here is the script I am now using (including the changes I made to the second rotation icon along with 2 icons for on use trinkets I use for tanking):
# Alaron's Feral Cat Ovale Script v1.1 (1 June 2010) Modified by Leafkiller 1.1.3
# (modified from Fatalsaints Feral Cat DPS Ovale Script/v1FixedRakeWhitespacesTabs/Leafv1.2)
# Script source: http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=33
# Ovale source: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/ovale.aspx
#
# Instructions: Install the Ovale addon, start WoW, type /ovale code and copy-paste this script into the window. Designed  # for lvl 80 feral druids, but should work fine for any level once you have all your abilities.
#
# Based on SimulationCraft actions located at
# http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=140#p140
#
# Indebted to the folloing sources:
# http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t81052-best_possible_feral_dps_simulationcraft/
# http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t84378-visualising_optimal_cat_rotation_ingame/
#
# Version History
# v1.1:
# Corrected missing parenthesis that was causing FB options to bug.
# v1.0:
# Full verification of action list against Simcraft.
# Corrected TF condition. Loosened Berserk condition (slight deviation from SC).
# Added Shred on OOC. (Might make this a checkbox)
# Prioritized Rip.
# Prioritized Mangle. Removed Manglebot option, no point anymore with 60s duration.
# Added options for OOC icon and Shred on OOC proc.
# Hopefully fixed bug with Rake being recommended even though it's already on target.
# Added user-selectable logic for No FB/Few FB's/Many FB's. Default is no FB's which is best for most players. Logic
# still needs some testing.
# Rewrote several lines to track Simcraft closer, to make user-editing easier.
# Added a few lines to catch bad situations (energy-cap, energy pooling while Rip is down).
# Leafkiller Mods:
#  Leaf 1.1.1  6/28/2010
#   Added priority of 4 to ROAR to ensure that early clipping of SR happens. This is to help with RIP uptime
#   Removed Berserk/Omen/Shred (not ripshred)/FFF from the second window so it shows which cooldown is likely to be next
#   Added 2 extra frames for on use trinkets (for tracking in bear form actually)
#  Leaf 1.1.2  6/29/2010
#   Fix missing param on second main icon (my bug).
#   Change logic for TF/Shred checking to see if that helps fix the mana pooling issue
#  Leaf 1.1.3  6/30/2010
#   Set to 3 seconds before Spell TF and remove priority on SRs
#   Don't cast TF with OOC proc active
# -----------------------------------------------------------------------
Define(FFF 16857)
Define(FF 770)
Define(RIP 1079)
Define(MANGLE 33876)
Define(SHRED 5221)
Define(TIGER 5217)
Define(RAKE 59886)
Define(ROAR 52610)
Define(BITE 22568)
Define(BERSERK 50334)
Define(OMEN 16870)
Define(TRAUMA 46857)
Define(MANGLEB 33878)
SpellInfo(RIP resetcounter=ripshreds)
SpellInfo(SHRED inccounter=ripshreds)
AddListItem(FBOption HiFB "Many Ferocious Bites")
AddListItem(FBOption LoFB "Few Ferocious Bites")
AddListItem(FBOption NoFB "No Ferocious Bites" default)
AddCheckBox(CheckBoxTF "Suggest Tiger's Fury" checked)
AddCheckBox(CheckBoxFF "Suggest Faerie Fire" checked)
AddCheckBox(CheckBoxBk "Suggest Berserk" checked)
AddCheckBox(CheckBoxOOCShred "Shred On OOC Proc" checked)
AddCheckBox(CheckBoxOOCIcon "OOC Proc Icon" checked)

# TF Icon
AddIcon help=cd size=small
{
if Stance(3) { # Cat Form
Spell(TIGER)
}
}

# Berserk Icon
AddIcon help=cd size=small
{
Spell(BERSERK)
}
}

# OOC Icon
AddIcon help=buff {
if {CheckBoxOn(CheckBoxOOCIcon) and BuffPresent(OMEN)} Texture(Spell_Shadow_ManaBurn)
}
}

# Main Rotation + Shreds
AddIcon help=main {
# actions+=/faerie_fire_feral,debuff_only=1
if {CheckBoxOn(CheckBoxFF)} and {TargetDebuffExpires(FFF 0) and TargetDebuffExpires(FF 0)} Spell(FFF)

# actions+=/tigers_fury,energy<=30,berserk=0
if {CheckBoxOn(CheckBoxTF) and BuffExpires(BERSERK 0) and Mana(less 31)} {
unless BuffPresent(OMEN) Spell(TIGER)
}
# actions+=/berserk_cat,energy>=80,energy<=90
if {CheckBoxOn(CheckBoxBk) and Mana(more 69) and Mana(less 91)} Spell(BERSERK)

# actions+=/savage_roar,cp>=1,savage_roar<=1
if {ComboPoints(more 0) and BuffExpires(ROAR 0)} Spell(ROAR)

# actions+=/shred,if=buff.omen_of_clarity.up
if {CheckBoxOn(CheckBoxOOCShred) and BuffPresent(OMEN)} Spell(SHRED)

# actions+=/rip,cp>=5,time_to_die>=6
if {TargetDebuffExpires(RIP 0 mine=1) and ComboPoints(more 4) and TargetDeadIn(more 7)} Spell(RIP)

# actions+=/mangle_cat,mangle<=1
if {TargetDebuffExpires(MANGLE 1) and TargetDebuffExpires(MANGLEB 1) and TargetDebuffExpires(TRAUMA 1)} Spell(MANGLE) # has to be "and" here to check for all three

# actions+=/savage_roar,if=buff.combo_points.stack>=3&buff.savage_roar.remains-dot.rip.remains<=3&buff.savage_roar.remains<=8
if {ComboPoints(more 2) and BuffExpires(ROAR 8) and TargetDeadIn(more 8) and less than 4s between BuffExpires(ROAR) and TargetDebuffExpires(RIP mine=1)} Spell(ROAR)

# actions+=/ferocious_bite,cp>=5,time_to_die<=6
# actions+=/ferocious_bite,cp>=5,rip>=12,savage_roar>=12 (Low FB profile)
# actions+=/ferocious_bite,cp>=5,rip>=8,savage_roar>=8 (High FB profile)
if {{ComboPoints(more 4) and List(FBOption LoFB)} and {TargetDeadIn(less 7) or {TargetDebuffPresent(RIP 12 mine=1) and BuffPresent(ROAR 12)}}} Spell(BITE)
if {{ComboPoints(more 4) and List(FBOption HiFB)} and {TargetDeadIn(less 7) or {TargetDebuffPresent(RIP 8 mine=1) and BuffPresent(ROAR 8)}}} Spell(BITE)

# actions+=/ferocious_bite,cp>=4,time_to_die<=1
if {List(FBOption LoFB) or List(FBOption HiFB)} and {ComboPoints(more 3) and TargetDeadIn(less 2)} Spell(BITE)

# actions+=/shred,cp<=4,extend_rip=1,rip<=3
if {ComboPoints(less 5) and TargetDebuffPresent(RIP mine=1) and TargetDebuffExpires(RIP 4 mine=1) and Counter(ripshreds less 3)} Spell(SHRED)

# actions+=/rake,time_to_die>=9
if {TargetDebuffExpires(RAKE 0 mine=1) and TargetDeadIn(more 8)} Spell(RAKE)

# actions+=/shred,if=(energy>=80|buff.berserk.up|cooldown.tigers_fury.remains<=3)
if {ComboPoints(less 4) or TargetDebuffPresent(RIP 1 mine=1)} and TargetDebuffPresent(RAKE 1 mine=1) and {Mana(more 79) or BuffPresent(BERSERK) or {3s before Spell(TIGER)}} Spell (SHRED)

# actions+=/shred,time_to_die<=9
if {TargetDeadIn(less 10)} Spell(SHRED)

# actions+=/shred,cp<=0,savage_roar<=2
if {ComboPoints(less 1) and BuffExpires(ROAR 2)} Spell(SHRED)

# extra line to ensure we never energy cap or energy pool if Rip is down

if {TargetDebuffExpires(Rip 0 mine=1) or Mana(more 90)} Spell(SHRED)
}
}

# Main Rotation (no filler shreds, otherwise copy of other rotation) Leaf - removed a lot more to just see cooldowns
AddIcon help=main {
# actions+=/savage_roar,cp>=1,savage_roar<=1
if {ComboPoints(more 0) and BuffExpires(ROAR 0)} Spell(ROAR)

# actions+=/rip,cp>=5,time_to_die>=6
if {TargetDebuffExpires(RIP 0 mine=1) and ComboPoints(more 4) and TargetDeadIn(more 7)} Spell(RIP)

# actions+=/mangle_cat,mangle<=1
if {TargetDebuffExpires(MANGLE 1) and TargetDebuffExpires(MANGLEB 1) and TargetDebuffExpires(TRAUMA 1)} Spell(MANGLE)

# actions+=/savage_roar,if=buff.combo_points.stack>=3&buff.savage_roar.remains-dot.rip.remains<=3&buff.savage_roar.remains<=8
if {ComboPoints(more 2) and BuffExpires(ROAR 8) and TargetDeadIn(more 8) and less than 4s between BuffExpires(ROAR) and TargetDebuffExpires(RIP mine=1)} Spell(ROAR)

# actions+=/shred,cp<=4,extend_rip=1,rip<=3
if {ComboPoints(less 5) and TargetDebuffPresent(RIP mine=1) and TargetDebuffExpires(RIP 4 mine=1) and Counter(ripshreds less 3)} Spell(SHRED)

# actions+=/rake,time_to_die>=9
if {TargetDebuffExpires(RAKE 0 mine=1) and TargetDeadIn(more 8)} Spell(RAKE)
}
}
AddIcon help=cd
{
    if Stance(3) or Stance(1) {
        Item(Trinket0Slot usable=1)
    }
}AddIcon help=cd
{
        Item(Trinket1Slot usable=1)
    }
}

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:04 am

Hey I tried your update and I saw real improvment in my rip uptime on Helion (97% up from 89%). The only problem I have is the 6 large boxes taking up all the screen. How can I get it back down to the one big box with 4 small boxes around it. I don't need the omen box as I already have that taken care of. I just want the TF cool down the Berserk cool down and a suggestion box. How do I go about changing that up? Thanks

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:00 pm

You will not see the last 2 boxes if you have locked Ovale - unless you have an on-use trinket equipped - which seems unlikely for Cat. In any event you can remove the last 2 boxes by removing the code at the end of the script - specifically:
AddIcon help=cd
{
        Item(Trinket0Slot usable=1)
    }
}AddIcon help=cd
{
        Item(Trinket1Slot usable=1)
    }
}

The same is true for the OOC code - remove this:
# OOC Icon
AddIcon help=buff {
if {CheckBoxOn(CheckBoxOOCIcon) and BuffPresent(OMEN)} Texture(Spell_Shadow_ManaBurn)
}
}

I am curious, do you have it set to never Ferocious Bite?

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:08 pm

I had it set to few FB. I think in our Healion kill I ended up doing 3-4 total (all during berserk). I do have a bear spec so when I was tanking for our heroic attempts I saw the on use trinkets in the boxes. When I switched to cat when we did normal the boxes were still there just empty (DBW/War Totem is what I have). I know I was in cat spec (I have been burned by that before) because I beat our Shadowmorn wielding fury warrior on damage. Thanks for the code sections. Reading these should give me a better idea what to play with.

Site Admin

Postby Alaron » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:23 am

Leaf, I've tested your changes and they seem excellent. If it's cool with you, I'll credit you and post your version as v1.2, which will probably be the last pre-Cata work I do on it.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:59 am

Go for it Alaron. :)

Do you like the way I have the second rotation box set up or are you going to stick with the way you have been doing it?

Honored

Postby Andanas » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:15 pm

There seems to be an issue with 'Many Ferocious Bites', while trying the updated script on a Training Dummy, the script was suggesting I FB, even if I had only 2 combo points. I think I've noticed the same problem on mobs as well.

I have it set to few ferocious bites normally, and even then I don't always use it. When I do, I sometimes find myself with no rip up for a few seconds, usually because I am waiting for enough energy to use it. And I don't "spam" my abilities, but I run into this issue quite a bit. Usually when the FB option comes up, both Savage Roar, and Rip are just a second or two apart, so to help with my rip uptime I use the FB suggestion as an opportunity to refresh savage roar, and de-sync the timers. Does this sound like a good idea? should I sacrifice FB's for better rip uptime?

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:26 am

Andanas,

I am not sure if you are referring to my version of the script or the version Alaron has in the first post of this thread. Either way, I did not touch the FB logic so there should be no difference in the two scripts' handling of FB. I have done all my testing with FB set to low not high and I have seen no issues with that. Looking at the code I don't see anything to explain what you are describing though. The logic looks correct for both the low and high FB cases. The only thing I can see that might cause something similar to what you are describing is this line:
if {List(FBOption LoFB) or List(FBOption HiFB)} and {ComboPoints(more 3) and TargetDeadIn(less 2)} Spell(BITE)

which would have you using FB with 4 or more combo points if you are testing on one of the target dummies that only have 1 hit point and would never ask you to Rip. But that does not match what you are describing.

In answer to your question about FBs vs Rip uptime, there is a lengthy discussion on the subject in the EJB thread that is linked in the first post of this thread. I believe that when you are close to the Arpen cap, the simulations show that a FB is worth doing as long as Rip downtime is 8 seconds or less (this number gets smaller the further you are from the arpen cap).

Site Admin

Postby Alaron » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:46 am

Andanas, I just did about 10m of testing on a dummy and didn't see any erroneous FB recommendations. Was your dummy "dead?" That can throw things off.

Also, de-syncing is built into the script; you'll automatically get a recommendation for it. I don't desync if the timers are below 8s because that usually means you haven't used your three Shreds (from Glyph of Shred) yet which will desync it automatically.

Site Admin

Postby Alaron » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:49 am

v1.2 added to top post.

Honored

Postby Andanas » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:07 pm

The only thing I can see that might cause something similar to what you are describing is this line:

which would have you using FB with 4 or more combo points if you are testing on one of the target dummies that only have 1 hit point and would never ask you to Rip. But that does not match what you are describing.
I did about 10 minutes more testing on the dummies with both few and many FB's, and didn't have a problem. Like Alaron said, the dummy I tried it on yesterday could've been dead, I honestly can't remember.

But to just give you an idea to the same issue on mobs, here's a screenshot I took in 25M ICC, with many FB option selected(Leafkiller's script). I had just moved to attacking the mob I have targeted, in fact I don't even think I did any damage at all, and FB came up. The Mangle thats up on it now isn't mine (no combo points). But this is what I was referring to, hopefully this screenshot explains it better.

It could be something in the script I don't understand, either way, I like the script a lot so thanks to both of you for working on it. :)

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:14 pm

I looked at the screenshot and walked through the code. What you are seeing is weird. It should be either telling you to rake or shred depending on when Ovale thinks the boss is going to die.

In truth it is not recommending anything - the FB is not lit up - but it is also not counting down. Might be due to a UI error of some sort. Make sure your addons (including Ovale) are up to date. Maybe it is lag. Did the script resync itself after you did some sort of attack?

Honored

Postby Andanas » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:04 pm

Ovale, and the rest of my UI is up to date. I tried a couple more attacks, and it briefly showed either a shred or savage roar, but went back to FB. Once I switched it to few FB that seemed to fix it. Also, my latency is 200ish..so I don't think that was the problem.

Site Admin

Postby Alaron » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:05 am

Only thing I can think of is Ovale may be getting confused by switches between adds with the same name and incorrectly determining your cps.

Postby Wrathful » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:25 am

Hi,
My first time posting here been following your blog for about a month btw great advice for someone like me who is new to feral dps. Last night I installed the new Ovale script and it no longer tells you to use TF was just curious if this was intended or not last version would show it in the predictive window every time it's up. I did only play with it for about 5 min on a training dummy though so maybe I just missed something. I know I have the prediction of bersker turned off. Thanks for your time and thanks fir all the work on this mod it's really helped me start to learn the feral rotation and it is really good for beginers.

Edit: Nevermind I found the option to show TF that I somehow managed to uncheck. On a great note doing nothing but following this rotation I was able to pull 10k on Saurfang last night in 10man awesome job guys thanks.
Last edited by Wrathful on Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Honored

Postby Goodmongo » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:15 pm

I pasted the new script and now have 5 large boxes showing up in addition to the 2 small ones on the far left. It seems these two new boxes are for long cooldown capabilities. Is there an easy way to get rid of the large boxes? I checked the options but couldn't find anything. BTW I had version 1.1 and it was only 3 large.

Edit: Nevermind I found the part in the script at the very end to remove these two boxes. They were put there for possible trinket procs.

Honored

Postby Andanas » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:45 am

Just a follow up...I ran 10 Man Naxx (weekly), RS, and ICC 10 Man all using the 'Many FB' option, and there were no issues with the script recommending FB at odd times, unless the mob was about to die.

Postby aya90 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:29 am

Can you please fix the issue while the boss is dying ?

Why cant the script be 100% working just like FBN

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:36 pm

I made the changes to the lay out and I am enjoying the script very much. One thing I did notice is that if Berserk is active that all abilites on timers are not suggested until they have exipred. Normally this is a good thing as Berserk is a time to shread. The one glitch is SR. I have found that the script will suggest shead until a timer ability has expired, so there have been a few times that I am shreading away hit rip, then realize that SR only has a second left. As soon as Berserk has worn off I don't see this issue any more and SR is suggested before its about to expire. It's not a big deal, I just watch the timers more closely when I hit the cooldown, but I thought I would mention it to folks. Cheers, and thanks for all the work on this script.

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS