Addon List:
Elv UI
Recount
Omen3
BigWigs
DroodFocus

Download:
http://www.fileswap.com/dl/wlftehWcWh/Qui.zip.html

In order to make it work properly unzip the file and copy and paste my Interface and WTF folders in place of yours. Before replacing my WTF folder with yours remember to change the ACCOUNTNAME, SERVERNAME, and TOONNAME to reflect your account, server, and toon's name respectively.

All credit goes to addon authors I do not work for or contribute to the development of these addons in anyway, I was simply asked to upload my UI for people to enjoy so here it is.

I currently run in 1920 by 1080 so that is the best resolution to truly maximize what you see in my videos.

Re: Qbears-UI

Postby Eik » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:14 am

Thanks for sharing!

I notice that you don't seem to have your energy bar in a prominent position. Do you not feel the need to keep track of this?

Revered

Postby Qbear » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:52 am

I'm not quite sure what you mean to be honest, the "53" to the right of the feral fire icon is my current energy, I've never felt the need for a bar because with quick glances I've always managed to keep track of everything in that row of icons to include energy level. If I get an ooc proc that whole row of icons spark, making it pretty noticeable as well.

Postby Eik » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:14 am

Ah, of course. Didn't see that!

Honored

Postby Mandragaran » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:30 pm

Well done. That's the first one I've liked in quite a while. I'm definitely grabbing viewport.

Any opinion on Skada vs. Recount? Skada seems to have more functionality with less cpu stress.

Revered

Postby Qbear » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:40 pm

Everyone tells me that about Skada; however, I've just been using recount for so long I can't bring myself to make the switch. On paper though I'd have to vote for skada just because it does use less memory.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:42 am

I rarely have FPS issues in game - but I did on phase 3 of Ascendant Council. Switching from Recount to Skada resolved my FPS issues on that fight. Skada does interfere less than Recount.

Revered

Postby Qbear » Thu May 12, 2011 12:08 am

updated and stuck

Postby Evil » Thu May 12, 2011 3:04 am

Any news with the download link? So it would be easy to copy your droodfocus profile? ;)

Thanks.

Revered

Postby Qbear » Thu May 12, 2011 4:38 pm

Updated with a temp url for download, still working on getting it up on wowinterface for the clearly better support they provide. However, for all those really waiting the whole ui or simply to copy and paste out my droodfocus set up, it is now there for you. Enjoy =) as always comment or pm me with any questions you have.

-Q

Postby Darkrealm » Sun May 15, 2011 8:47 pm

Hey QBear,

Thanks for posting this, I have been using it for the last few days and even though it has cut about 2k from my DPS I still love it (I keep losing track of my DoT and debuffs because I'm used to looking in other places). The only slightly annoying thing I've found is that when I'm tanking and my abilities come off CD it puts the notification right in the middle of the screen on top of whatever it is I'm tanking.

Just wondering, do you have any reason for the using Big Wigs instead of DBM? or is it just what you have always used?

Revered

Postby shinryu » Sun May 15, 2011 11:10 pm

What's the addon with the raid party's names all nice and orderly on the right side? I too use minimal addons (I personally for example like the default look/layout of the action bars, so I don't bother with any ones that let you mess with them), but I HATE the blizz raid frames they tacked on, so would like to get something more cleaner than that. What's the one that also shows the little mini map at the bottom leftish next to the chat?

Revered

Postby Qbear » Sun May 15, 2011 11:57 pm

thats part of Elv UI I'm not sure if theres an addon that will replicate the look of the frames; however, with Elv ur going to get the entire overal look of my UI

Postby archury » Mon May 16, 2011 10:55 am

Thanks for sharing Qbear; it's an impressive setup.

I set up my UI very similar to this about a week ago and would like to offer a tweak I made. To avoid information overload, I filtered the following (de)buffs from the player and target frames: rake, rip, mangle, SR, SotP, and River of Death (Fluid Death's proc). This allows me to only see useful procs and debuffs in those locations.

Postby Viruzzz » Mon May 16, 2011 2:14 pm

I really like the UI you use, so I scrapped my old one and loaded yours, I will edit it to suit me better, but I have a slight problem with it, was hoping you could help.
The chat window to the right on your video and screenshot doesn't seem to have the [C] button in the corner, mine does, and it shows up on top of recount, and I can't find an option to disable or move it.
Last edited by Viruzzz on Mon May 16, 2011 3:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby archury » Mon May 16, 2011 2:16 pm

On the very bottom right of your screen, click >. This should hide the chat window.

I haven't tried Qbear's UI yet, but mine is very similar. Maybe he made the same edits:
I edited the lua code so that when the bottom right chat disappears, recount displays, and vice versa. After that, I selected the (elvUI) option to hide the bottom right chat frame in combat. With these changes, you have a combat log that shows up automatically in combat, and hides upon leaving combat. Clicking the > will show the combat log outside of combat.
Instructions here.

Revered

Postby Qbear » Mon May 16, 2011 2:29 pm

Actually since I use both recount and omen in that same section as the chat window I just leave the window there but turn off in the settings of the window for it to display nothing at all. This makes it so my bigwigs timers and tool tip window still display above my recount and since my recount and omen are always toggled on I never see the window anyway.

Postby archury » Mon May 16, 2011 2:39 pm

Qbear wrote:Actually since I use both recount and omen in that same section as the chat window I just leave the window there but turn off in the settings of the window for it to display nothing at all. This makes it so my bigwigs timers and tool tip window still display above my recount and since my recount and omen are always toggled on I never see the window anyway.

That makes sense. I use the right chat window for trade in the city (so I dont have to look at it unless I want to) and to show loot information. So the combat/click > toggle works perfectly for me. elvUI allows you to move the tooltip position and I'm sure bigwigs does as well (dbm does)

Revered

Postby Qbear » Mon May 16, 2011 2:43 pm

Yeah for awhile I ran without the window just because it is a drastically pointless part of my ui the tool tip window i got to stay put; however, EVERY!!! time i relogged or reloaded the big wig timers would fall back down behind my recount no matter how many times I reset their position. Eventually I just decided to place the empty window there it fixed my bigwigs issue and just never really have thought about finding a better fix since =/

Postby archury » Mon May 16, 2011 2:55 pm

Yeesh, nothing more frustrating than some addon problems that don't make sense. At least you had a nice easy solution.

Was it during the patch issues? I know addons have trouble saving changes if the client gets disconnected. Or maybe it was fixed in a bigwigs update.

Revered

Postby Qbear » Mon May 16, 2011 6:02 pm

Haha you know it totally did start happening when 4.1 released. Never even thought that through different addon updates it may of just fixed itself. I'll look into that thanx for pointing that out to me.

Postby Kazandar » Tue May 17, 2011 3:47 am

Hey Qbear I have to say I love the UI, I normally always play with just the basic wow UI which I hear is a horrible way to play the game. Anyways I downloaded the file compilation of add ons and set it up pretty close to what you have just had to modify for my screen res. I did have a couple questions though, I can't seem to move the picture frames for myself and my target like how you have yours at the top of your chat window mine are a little bit under half way up. I also can't for the life of me find out how to add more bars or move the around to where they are no longer collapsed like it seems they are. I was fairly certain I combed all over EVlui but I just couldn't find out how to move or add anything that wasn't already there all I was able to do was make things larger and smaller. Thanks for the help if you can offer any, it was kind of funny dpsing without berserk as i couldn't find a place to put it on my bar lol.

Revered

Postby Qbear » Tue May 17, 2011 3:56 am

Hey glad your liking everything actually all your questions are answered by the same answer which is nice. Basically looking at the bottom left chat window you with see a "L" icon on the bottom right hand corner. You click said icon and that will unlock every aspect of the UI. Simply drag and place things as you see hit. For the action bars again using the unlock feature you will see arrows pointing out from the current action bars click the arrows and they will add more action bars click again for less. (Kind of like those lamps you have to keep tapping on to get brighter and brighter till they just turn off haha)

Hope you get it all handled ok, feel free to hit me back if something else presents itself.

Postby Kazandar » Tue May 17, 2011 3:35 pm

Awesome that definitely helped, now I just have to get use to looking at the bars for my timers instead of the monsters frame and I should be good.

Postby Lax » Wed May 18, 2011 4:02 pm

Not sure if I should write this here or in the video thread, but here goes.

In the video you talk about how you have to keep the right chat window in the back to force the bigwigs bars and the tooltip up above your recount window. This is not necessary - at least in newer versions of ElvUI. There is a setting for it:

"Embed right" makes the bars and the tooltip stay on top of recount like it was the chat window. There's support for omen and skada aswell.

Next

Return to Addons / UI