Moderator: Forum Administrators

Exalted

Re: Rogue Stuffs

Postby Leafkiller » Sat May 28, 2011 2:00 am

I hit 85 a couple of weeks ago ;)

Revered

Postby shinryu » Sat May 28, 2011 4:50 am

Leafkiller wrote:I hit 85 a couple of weeks ago ;)

Told ya I was slow :x

Though I did end up hitting 81 tonight, so from 76-81 in a total day of playing isn't bad I guess.

Also I just want to be sure, there's no point in wearing my heirloom chest and shoulders now? They don't give any more added exp now that I'm 81 right?

Postby Antioch » Sat May 28, 2011 7:43 am

Yup your free to replace them

Revered

Postby shinryu » Sat May 28, 2011 2:54 pm

Antioch wrote:Yup your free to replace them

Mkay just making sure, wasn't sure if they still granted boosted exp and just didn't scale or if it stopped cold turkey alltogeather, thanks.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Mon May 30, 2011 8:06 am

Well I finally ended up getting Alchemy as my 2nd prof alongside Engineering, everyone was scaring me with tales of how bad JC and Inscription were, and I didn't need/want a gathering prof and Tailoring does nothing for Rogues, so yeah...besides Alchemy was pretty easy to level (thanks to some guildies who generously donated some herbs) and it's nice to be able to make flasks/cauldrons for the guild. Not to mention Alchemy has plenty of fun things going for it as well, lot of nifty potion effects and such. Just couldn't hit 85 tonight...did an all-night the night before just getting to 83 and leveling Alchemy then to 450 (I still can't believe I used 2+ hours running between alts/AH and crafting potions just to go from 1-450), so pretty tired...oh well, will finish it up later today, almost halfway to 85 at least. Got my epic lw belt and alchemy stone already waiting, with the engineering helm coming as soon as I get an orb; man gearing is so much easier compared to the rush it was at launch lol.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Mon May 30, 2011 1:42 pm

I went engineering/enchanting. In all the years I played WoW I had never tried engineering and none of my other high level toons were enchanters anymore. Engineering was not bad - I leveled with mining until Northrend to help offset the costs of it. Enchanting was a annoying to level - but you don't need to hit 525 to get the ring enchants.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Mon May 30, 2011 4:24 pm

Leafkiller wrote:I went engineering/enchanting. In all the years I played WoW I had never tried engineering and none of my other high level toons were enchanters anymore. Engineering was not bad - I leveled with mining until Northrend to help offset the costs of it. Enchanting was a annoying to level - but you don't need to hit 525 to get the ring enchants.

Yeah enchanting isn't too bad, have it on my pally. Plus it's still a decent money maker at times, and it's nice not having to scout out a guildie to beg for enchants lol.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Tue May 31, 2011 6:31 am

Man I really dunno which spec I want to main and use for tomorrow's raid...really I'm at a complete loss; I like both Mut and Combat that much lol (and don't want to do sub). But both have completely different gearing needs/weights, which sucks...sigh...

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Tue May 31, 2011 1:37 pm

Use mut early on - it is simpler and I think it works better in starting gear (or at least I think I have heard that).

Honored

Postby Mandragaran » Tue May 31, 2011 7:17 pm

You're slow? I'm still at 70, lol. I think part of it is that I'm getting bored with the game. I'm in a top 50 guild (at least it was last year, not sure now), but don't raid with them. I can't stomache pugs. So, I basically play alone.

Takes too long for dps to que randoms, so I no longer do those. So I'm leveling. If you knew me in pre TBC you'd know that's a big deal. I hate levelling.

The result? I keep falling asleep and waking up with a dead rogue.

I find this helpful sometimes. Looks like mut is the way most go: http://www.wowpopular.com/Rogue/talents

Revered

Postby shinryu » Tue May 31, 2011 11:06 pm

Mandragaran wrote:You're slow? I'm still at 70, lol. I think part of it is that I'm getting bored with the game. I'm in a top 50 guild (at least it was last year, not sure now), but don't raid with them. I can't stomache pugs. So, I basically play alone.

Takes too long for dps to que randoms, so I no longer do those. So I'm leveling. If you knew me in pre TBC you'd know that's a big deal. I hate levelling.

The result? I keep falling asleep and waking up with a dead rogue.

I find this helpful sometimes. Looks like mut is the way most go: http://www.wowpopular.com/Rogue/talents

Lol trust me, I have leveling a lot too...think this will be the last toon I raise this expansion, don't think I can stomach finishing my left behind 71 shammy...even leveling the DK 5 levels would kill me likely, and he's the miner >.>

Besides, unless you have rested, questing is the way to go. Northrend seems like such a drag though lol; visually I like outland a lot more, so I can usually entertain myself with the floating random things. But Northrend is just so stale...must be because it's the most recent one.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:18 am

Well I'm slowly becoming convinced the twinblades don't exist from zg...been trying to do it daily, none yet at all; in fact the jerk dropped the shield and staff twice in a row from the last 2 days. So still stuck with a 346 mh and 333 oh, which is definitely hampering my dps I think because I'm up to 354 or so in GS now...that and I guess forgetting to Backstab targets at 25% and below doesn't help either since I just keep mutilating them. Or I suppose not enchanting the daggers contributes a bit as well, but I honestly expected to be rid of them by now lol.

Postby Antioch » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:16 am

shinryu wrote: forgetting to Backstab targets at 25% and below

There is an addon similar to leaf's scipt for rogues called Vendetta.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:37 am

Well I finally got the MH dagger from ZG...after a horrible 3 hours worth of pugging >.>

So yeah, guild runs (or at least half guild runs) only >.>

Revered

Postby shinryu » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:21 am

So...after almost a month of running zg, I finally got the other dagger lol. Well at least it's a nice dagger set to look at now, even though if I ever get into firelands with the rogue it'll be replaced rather easily...oh well.

Previous

Return to General Discussion