Register

FluidDruidVids

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Revered

FluidDruidVids

Postby Qbear » Wed May 11, 2011 2:21 pm

As mentioned on the front page the Fluid Druid YouTube Channel is up and can be found here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/FluidDruidVids?feature=mhum

The site will be encounters presented with a Feral POV and I'm creating this thread to keep bummed as I update the Channel with new material. Keep in mind that the whole thing is a work in progress for me so feedback on how I could make the videos more of what you would like to see is always appreciated. For Nef my biggest feedback was working on voice control as well as more discussion on various boss abilities; I've tried to work on both of those as the Channel has been updated with the Heroic VnT encounter from BoT.

The video has been uploaded, though it does take time to process so it should be up for viewing here in a few. From now on all vids will be in 720p as it makes uploading much less of a strain on my system. As always feel free to leave comments or PM me with any questions take care fellas.

-Qbear.

Re: FluidDruidVids

Postby archury » Wed May 11, 2011 4:22 pm

Qbear, thank you very much for making these videos.

Edit: Thanks, I'll post there.
Last edited by archury on Wed May 11, 2011 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Revered

Postby Sylvaneart » Wed May 11, 2011 4:24 pm

backup 1 forum. look down. we have a UI area.

http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=227
Be sure to subscribe to The Fluid Druid RSS feed and follow me on twitter! @Sylvaneart

Revered

Postby Qbear » Wed May 11, 2011 4:27 pm

Hey yeah I use to use a much different ui; however, 4.1 killed a lot of the addons I use so I switched ui's entirely. I do plan to upload my Interface and WTF folders for download for people that like the UI that way for people who just wish to use my droodfocus set up can copy and paste that out. Since my UI was outdated I deleted the photobucket images off my account which oddly enough killed the post I made in the UI forums.

Revered

Postby Sylvaneart » Wed May 11, 2011 4:31 pm

BTW Archury welcome to TFD forums. Qbear has fleas....just saying.
Be sure to subscribe to The Fluid Druid RSS feed and follow me on twitter! @Sylvaneart

Postby archury » Wed May 11, 2011 4:52 pm

Thank you, been a reader ever since I found this place. It's nice to have a source of dependable information somewhere out in these interwebs.

Revered

Postby Qbear » Thu May 12, 2011 3:37 pm

The Chan has been updated with the Heroic Twilight Council encounter, as always comments or pms are always welcomed on how I can improve the quality of these videos for the community, thanx fellas.

-Q

Revered

Postby Qbear » Fri May 13, 2011 12:35 pm

Heroic Halfus added. I was alil iffy if I even wanted to do a video for this guy due to the fact that so many people have been farming him pretty much since cata was released; however, I do tank for that fight so I thought it would be nice to get at least 1 video of the bear side of things. As always comment or pm with suggestion on how to make the channel more of what you'd like to see take care.

-Q

p.s going to be my last video until next raid week I forgot to switch my chat window to the one I have set up to not show realid pms and I know some folks get "ehhh" bout their real name flashing on any kind of plain that has the potential for a decent amount of people to see it. I'll rerecord next week and do my best to get a video for every boss.

Revered

Postby Qbear » Mon May 16, 2011 3:44 am

Apparently Elv UI was not loading with my profile in my UI download. I uploaded a video explaining how to set up ELV UI to match my settings. I figured while I was in there I'd go ahead and walk through my Drood Focus set up too. The Chan has been update with the Qbear UI video.

Revered

Postby Qbear » Tue May 17, 2011 4:01 am

I was pawing around on the PTR and thought you guys might like to take a look at Alysrazor. (keep in mind that with PTR videos the encounters are always subject to change, don't use my observations as a fight strat guide. Anyway with all that said sites been updated hope you like it.

Revered

Postby Qbear » Wed May 18, 2011 5:44 am

Site updated with Heroic ODS, I tried some new stuff with this video that I wasn't able to do until I bought some video editing software. Hope it's to your liking. Feel free to comment, the videos will only be as good as the criticism I receive.

Revered

Postby Qbear » Fri May 20, 2011 2:41 am

Update, Heroic Cho'gall. As always feedback on any improvements I can make are always welcomed. Unlike Blizz I do take what you have to say to heart, improvements I've made since the channel was birthed (ew?) Higher editing quality, songs behind the narration, mic with a pop filter, better voice control (still working on that one) all things suggested by you guys keep them coming.

Edit apparently I forgot to adjust the volume for the 2nd track and it was making it so you couldnt hear me (who would want that) I fixed it but have to reupload it will be up by the time most normal people wake up

Revered

Postby Qbear » Thu May 26, 2011 12:03 am

The Chan has been updated with the Sinestra encounter from BoT. As always feel free to comment or PM me with any questions or suggestions on how to improve the quality of content. Take care.
-Q

Revered

Postby Qbear » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:00 am

updated with the heroic Maloriak encounter, this one is a dual commentary with Tinderhoof and myself, hope it's to your liking. As always feel free to PM me with comments, suggestions, or overall feedback take care.

-Q

Postby CaptainCub » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:25 am

You said in the video that the more targets Swipe hits the higher the chance of OOC proc'ing. I'm pretty sure OOC procs off of our auto-attacks only and is unaffected by Swipe's target count.

Honored

Postby Floofles » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:40 am

CaptainCub wrote:You said in the video that the more targets Swipe hits the higher the chance of OOC proc'ing. I'm pretty sure OOC procs off of our auto-attacks only and is unaffected by Swipe's target count.

This is correct.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:08 pm

Crap. Going to have to note that so I stop my own spread of bad info. Thanks for making me look that up.

Revered

Postby Qbear » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:12 pm

I'll adjust it, I had drank like 10 gallons of beer and thought wow what a perfect time to make videos with Tinderhoof

Honored

Postby Grenache » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:25 pm

That was quite a funny vid. Man qbear you sounded hammered. There was quite a nice reverse camera angle FC which I could never pull off. I liked the barkskin comment too. Planning on doing this fight tonight so good timing for a vid.

Do you do anything but swipe on vile swills?

Revered

Postby Qbear » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:43 am

Ha, I think saying I was hammered is an insult to how drunk I truly was. See you thought we were trying to do something fresh and new with both Tinder and I on the same video when in all reality he was babysitting me through it, oh my the countless out takes where priceless.

I don't do anything other then swipe. I don't know what parses better. I could see how keeping up SotP would be beneficial; however, when I see crazy dumb numbers flashing on my screen from 6 different mobs it's really hard for me to justify pushing any other button.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:17 am

I would be very surprised if keeping SotP up was a dps gain - mangling every 26 seconds takes away 35 energy that could be used on a swipe. It is too late for me to do any napkin math on this though. Probably could tell by looking at a parse of the fight and seeing how many swipes happen on a typical black phase and how long the phase actually lasted.

Revered

Postby Qbear » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:37 am

updated with atramedes video! Holla!

Revered

Postby Qbear » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:47 pm

Beth'Tilac is up. Since the boss abilities are now on your user interface I talk more about my thought process as I see this fight for the first time. The best thing about 100% new fights is I truly have no idea whats going on. So watch the mistakes and the victories as we look at firelands cat style.

Revered

Postby Qbear » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:59 am

Need something to keep you busy at the office. Put that stapler down (yeah you aint stapling anything anyway don't lie) and check out Lord Rhyolith. There's about 3 things you need to know for this fight so I spend a moment to talk about how I feel about firelands.

spoiler alert someone dies, it's okay though he's got 9 lives.

Postby Lax » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:13 am

You are not supposed to write the spoiler in the spoiler alert... :)

Next

Return to Kitty DPS